Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken walked up to the owlery and petted Nyx, the family owl, and gave it a treat while he wrote his letter to his mother and father for the second time.

Dear Dad,

Dad, thanks a lot for the Streak. You sent it within a few days, right before Quidditch Tryouts. I am trying out for Keeper this time. Most of the people here are younger, and they won't stand a chance to get a goal past me. Have you complished your...thing you were working on? Anyway, I was sorted into Slytherin, the House you wanted. We head to the Brightstone Village this weekend.  I must talk to you in person over the matter of my sisters and brother.

Jaken folded the letter and sent the owl on its way, with the letter tied to his leg. Jaken wondered if his father would reply immediately or tomorrow. Jaken decided to wait a few before returning to the dorms.
[/color]

Kalif stared out the window next to his desk. What could the missing link be? Kalif sat down in his chair. He looked around to see whether Namina was spying again. He heeded a memorable sound. His eyes went to the window once again. He smiled crookedly as he saw the family owl, Nyx, who was a Black Owl, distributed from New Guinea a few years back, flying his way toward the window. He waved his wand and the window opened. He opened the letter and read it with a smile, until he read the last part. Grabbing a quill, he jotted a letter to his son.

Jaken,

Why did you try for Keeper? And remember, this is a different school. Some people may have talent. I doubt it however. I am proud that you were sorted into the House Salazar established himself. No, I haven't finished it yet, but I will share with you what I have figured out so far. Fine, I will be in the Brightstone Village so we can discuss what your idiotic mother decided.

Kalif took a deep breath, folded the note, and tied it to Nyx's ankle. He gave him a pat and she flew out of the window.[/color]

Jaken turned to leave the Owlry until Nyx landed on his shoulder. The owl nipped his hair. Jaken got the letter and read it. Jaken shook his head. He gave Nyx a treat. He said to the owl, "I know you hate the daylight, but don't let dad send another letter until nightfal." Nyx nodded as if he understood. Jaken took out the ink and quil once again and wrote as fast as he could.

Dad,

You don't have to share anything with me. It is your business, and I don't want to have anything to do with the things you are wanting to do in the future. Leave me out of it. And dad, don't call mom that. Don't insult her, please. She made one wrong decision, and maybe we can talk her out of it. But I hope to see you soon. Be careful. Where are you going to be at?

Jaken gave Nyx a trear while he tied the letter around his leg. Jaken watched Nyx fly out of the window, rather peeved. Jaken turned and left the Owlry, to return early in the morning, unless Nyx found him in his dorm. [/color]

Kalif had his hands in front of him, as if he were praying. A family house elf peeked from around the corner. Kalif casted a look at her and murmured, "Shouldn't you be watching Namina?" The elf ran off. Kalif smirked. His head turned to the open window in his office, after hearing a shriek. Nyx flew in and Kalif snatched the letter and read it. Angrily, he wrote a simple sentence.

Hog's Head, afternoon.

He shooed Nyx out to give the letter to his son. Kalif watched with a cautious eye, and turned to have a "talk" with his wife.[/color]

Nyx flew through the castle and onto Jaken's shoulder as he walked toward the dungeons. Jaken read the letter, and sighed. Only one sentence meant that Kalif was furious. Jaken sighed again and let Nyx into his dorm and put him in a small cage. Nyx, after receiving a treat and some affection, went to sleep. Jaken thoroughly dread tomorrow. Only something miraculous could get Kalif in a better mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back