Self-training

Charlene Jung

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Charlene bent down, her hands on her knees, as she breathed deeply. She was definitely getting out of shape. She had chosen the emptiest spot in the lawn to do her suicides and other running exercises. She had always prided herself on being able to beat all the kids her age back home in running, and at this rate, she wasn't going to be able to keep that spot once she got home. Besides, she had to be strong if she planned to be a singer; dancing was an important part of that in Korea.

She stretched her legs, trying to get the knots out of them, and then prepared to begin her next one. She knew the route now, so much that she didn't even have to keep an eye out for the markings. To the nearest blackberry bush and back, then to the huge boulder and back, to the half-grown pine tree and back, and finally to the tree stump halfway across the lawn and back.

Charlene set off at a sprint, swinging her arms back and forth rhythmically, parallel to her body as her mother, a former track athlete, had taught her to do. As she reached the bush, she skidded to a stop, touching the ground as she turned, and raced back. Once she completed her set, she again plopped down on the soft grass to rest.

Sorry, was busy.

Taemin had spent far too much time indoors. It was as if he never really had time to step outside into the beautiful outdoors. After forcing himself to ignore his undone homework which was on his desk, he walked towards the lawn. It had been some time since he set last set foot there, and now it did look a little different to him. It was as if a whole makeover was done on the lawn. He couldn't recognize it anymore.

Taemin smiled, looking around and admiring the picturesque scenery. He smiled, noticing colorful flowers along the path he was walking. He was about to pick one of the flowers, when he felt a sudden gush of wind. He wondered what it was. Perhaps a garden gnome? he thought. He looked up, realizing a girl had just sprinted past him. She was really fast. Taemin smiled, he loved running and the girl looked as if she too loved running. Taemin ran after her, stopping when she did. He walked up to her slowly when she plopped down on the soft grass.

"Hey, you're a good runner." he said to her with a smile, letting out his hand.

Charlene grinned and shook the hand of the boy that had just walked up to her. Finally, someone who did the handshake thing! And he looked Korean too! Pretty sick, she thought. "Thanks," she replied. "Gotta keep up with my reputation. You like running?" Personally, running was Charlene's favorite form of exercise, other than dancing of course. It just felt so good, especially after a long run. She dipped her head at him. "I'm Charlene Jung," she said. "Gryffindor. I'm not wearing my robes now, obviously. They're not exactly the best things to run in.”

(It's all good. I know how it is xP)

Taemin smiled at the girl. She really did look like a runner. "Yeah I do!" he said with an excited smile, happy to have finally found someone with a similar interest. Most of the other kids he met didn't favor running, they had rather fo other forms of exercise. "Nice to meet you Charlene," he said with another friendly smile. "I'm Lee Taemin by the way." he added, introducing himself. "You can just call me Taemin." he added. "Gryffindor? Cool. I'm in Slytherin." he replied to her question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back