Seem to keep forgetting?

"Well at one time I was captain, but it didn't last long" she says setting the book down on the table, letting her hands slip onto the arms of the comfty chair. "I played beater position, than I traded off but I really didn't get to play. It took them a while to really establish the games" she says casually. "I am good at flying like you, me and my bestest Ginny would normally race, its fun actually" she chuckles as she sets one of her leg over the other, heel resting upon an ankle.

" Yeah, me and my brother used to have races all the time. It is a lot of fun. We should do it some time... You know if you want to?" He asked hoping that she would, it does get boring when you just do things by yourself. " What kind of Broom do you have?" He asked hoping that what ever she had wouldn't beat his nimbus two thousand and one. He only knew of one broom that could beat it and that was the Fire bolt, the fastest broom ever. He was going to buy one, before he turned eighteen, but just forgot all about it.

Maddiie nodded "Sure I don't mind" she rest the palm of right hand under her slender chin. "I have a nimbus I know kind of old, but it flies great" she says beaming a bit. "Its really not all about the broom, its the rider and how she/he handles it. "I suppose you have one of the sleekest ones, the newest ones out there. I just can't seem to change it, me and Ginz have the same one" she noted remembering that they actually do.

Alex nodded in approval to her comment on ,it's not the broom its how you ride it. " Nah, I have a Nimbus, two thousand and one." Alex said with a smile. Maybe they might have a little bit of competition now, that he knew they had the same broom. " Yeah, but that's not entirely true, you wouldn't expect to beat a fire bolt on a old clean sweep. Having a good broom helps, but it doesn't automatically make you better."

"You right about that, entirely right. But I guess its just me and her that stick with old ones. There are brooms that are faster than the firebolt" you know she says leaning forward. "Oh yeah, they come out with a new one every year, so our brooms are ancient" she laugh, her face blushing again. She had that broom since she started at Hogwarts. Even if she were to buy a new one, she still keep the old one around for memories. Sort like hang it up, somewhere in her future home, like sort of like a trophy. Something like that you cherish forever, "But we can definitely have a go at it around the pitch, maybe start from three broom stick from brightstone. Finishing it off towards the south of the pitch, that would be fun" she squeal a bit picturing the whole thing in her head. "By the way curious if you were to play, what position?"

" I would have to go with beater or seeker, I don't want to sound up myself but I do have a fair bit of upper body strength and I'm quick on my broom." Alex said, wondering when they would go for there fly. It would be loads of fun, to see how well she flies and see if he can beat her. " So when do you reckon this will happen?" He asked excitedly, he was looking forward to getting out again, and having fun.

"How bout tomorrow bright and early" she grin hearing the excitement in his voice. "Would you like to make a bet out of it?" she says making it more interesting. "How bout loser has to buy a round of butter beer at the three broomstick?" she says rather curious into seeing if he would take the bet.

" Sounds great." Alex said as he thought about the bet he was about to partake in. It didn't seem that bad, it wasn't like it would cost much. " Yeah your on." he said as he extended his hand out to hers to make the bet official. He didn't really care if he lost, he still gets to have fun and sit around and have a conversation.

Taking out her hand, she would shake his with a firm grip, making the bet official. "Great tomorrow it is than" she says sitting back as she would take out her wand to twiddle with the ends of it."Its been a while since I race, but I'm sure I can handle you with the speed and control that I dominate once on the broom". Its been a while since Maddiie had actually do anything with anyone, everyone seems so busy now and days. Its not like before, were you meet up with a group of friends and just casually hang out. That happens a lot especially once your aging, everything changes.

Alex let out a soft laugh. " You beat me, you make me laugh." He said, he thought he might as well talk himself up on his flying skills so that he had the psychological advantage tomorrow for the race. He was almost certain he was going to get beaten though. the only person he used to race was his older brother, Justice. Who probably only let him win, so he wouldn't be upset. He looked over the desk, at Maddiie. " You know I've really enjoyed hanging out with you today. It was fun."

Maddiie felt herself blush a bit as a grin splatter across her soft umbre complexion. "Aww I did to, it was fun to actually to talk somone." She really meant that seeing as she been keeping to herself way to long. Soon she will be leaving the castle, so she had to prepare herself for the real world. And knowing that she belong to, it was twice as dangerous as the other, so life is about taking risk. That's what she needed to do more often, is to be a risk taker.

For some reason Alex completely wanted to change the direction in which the conversation was now headed. " So um... What are you parents like? And did they both attend here?" He didn't know what possessed him and made him ask that but he thought that it was still a good question seeing as it proves that he wants to know, things about her. He knew he was going to get the same question in return, which wasn't a good thing, but he didn't really mind he had to talk about it sometime.

Maddiie smile faded as quickly as she held it. This wasn't something she would talk to anyone about. She tried to a couple time with Kasey but it had failed endlessly as she sat up on the chair still looking at Alexander. "Well my dads half blood my mom was a muggleborn" she felt her voice drop into a whisper. "They attended Hogwarts Scotland, my dads currently in New Zealand ministry, my mother was a nurse she passed away almost two years ago" she almost couldn't say it but it didn't hurt as much as is use to. But still it was her mother someone she had cherish for so long " and yours?" she asked still whispering not wanting to get into full details in what really happen.

" I'm sorry to hear that." Alex said feeling bad, for bringing it up. It was easy for him to talk about his parents seeing as he didn't know them that well. " Well when I was eight I was adopted out into a wizarding family, see my parent's where Auror's and they where chasing a dark wizard who killed them and my forster parent's died in a car accident two years ago." He said still able to keep a half smile on his face, it hurt every time he talked about his forster parent's but gradually over time it began to feel better. He wouldn't be able to bare if he had to talk about his brother, so he didn't bring it up about brothers and sisters.

Maddiie felt her lips pout into a frown feeling sorry for Alex. "I'm sorry to hear that its seem you have suffered many tragedy than I have" she would speak sadly. "But who do you stay with now? I hope your not alone" she ask hoping to hear the answer she wanted. It would be sorrowful to know that he was alone with nobody to be around with.

" After My forster parent's passed on I inherited there farm out in the outback Australia. I live there and look after the farm, but over the school terms, I pay one of the neighbors to look after all the animals and keep all the fox's and feral pigs down." Alex said he didn't mind living on his own, it kept him with the way he wanted to live, as a free spirit. Free to do what he wanted when he wanted, which was a true Aussie's life. Sometimes he would go on walkabout and not come back for weeks even months at a time.

Maddiie felt her eyes widen in horror. It was one thing to lose a parent and become a bit more responsible than most adolescent at your age. But to live alone, and take on a farm yourself it must have been lots to handle. Seeing Alexander he didn't seem to mind it though, he had gotten used to the life already so to Maddiie he didn't seem so sad about it. Relaxing her face once again she would look towards Alexander as she fiddle with strains of hair out of her face. "But I'm sure you miss having a family? Must be lonely were you live I suppose?"

" It is extremely lonely, I live on a massive farm, the closest neighbor is about twelve miles away." Alex said with a smile on his face, it didn't bother him he had all the company at home he needed. He had his, pit bull cross ridge back cross whippet, called spike. She was good enough company. ( My actual dog breed. lol.) She was the best thing that happened to him, she was good company and good for hunting. He looked back over towards Maddiie. " It would have been hard on you to losing your mu, where you and her close?"

Note to self, if they were still friends by the holidays at least invite him over, Maddiie thought in her mind as she listens to Alex sad story. "Yeah me and mum were very close. See being the only daughter we did a lot of things together. " Her mother was like a best friend in a way, that made her smile. "Its been almost two years, its hard but like they say life goes on. I do miss her though" she smile weakly at Alex. "...and before I started here I lost my older brother Damon"

" I know the feeling, it was only last year that I lost my older brother to. It's like every single thing that I love and cherish die's." Alex said feeling kind of bad now. He knew it wasn't true, but it was all until earlier this year that he was in that state of mind. Spike never died and he loved her more then he loved anything else, seeing as she was all he has left. " But enough talking about death, im starting to feel a little bit depressed, You know im going to beat you in the race tomorrow?" He said changing the subject completely.

Maddiie was about to say something, but Alex had change the subject. Death could be depressing but it was part of life, and just like many magic that was prohibited in the wizaring world bringing back someone of the passing was not allowed. She was sure she had read this a couple times, but where, of course there were dark magic that surrounded this issue. Maddiie gaze would hint towards the restricted area of the Libaray. It never crossed her mind of bringing back someone, but she was curious. Her attention would bring her back to Alex, making an effort to swing her mood up beat "We will see Alex" she playfully grin "Its been a while since I last lost a race".

" Has it now." Alex said with a smile on his face, he was beginning to feel much better, it was pleasant talking to Maddiie, she wasn't like most other people when they found out about what had happened, she didn't smother him completely. " How about who ever wins, shouts drinks for the rest of the day?" He asked , hoping that he would have company all day. " If your up for it."

"Are you tryna get us bloody drunk?" Maddiie giggle, feeling her face flushed as she shook her head. "Alright, alright three rounds of butter beer, fair enough?" she would say with a mischievous grin upon his face. [[When would you like to start this?]]

[[ When ever you are ready I could make the topic now if you want.]] " If you get drunk of a few rounds of butter beer, wait until you try muggle alcohol." Alex said with a smile. He was looking forward to racing Maddiie, it would be a lot of fun. Alex looked up at the window and noticed that the sun was down and it was quiet dark out side. " I think we best be off, It was great meeting you. Ill see you tomorrow morning bright and early. Where are we meeting again?" Alex said feeling dumb for forgetting where they where meant to be meeting in the morning.

Maddiie looked out the window as well agreeing with Alex as she stood up. "Well we could walk together seeing as were both in the same house she reminded him" a soft chuckle would escape from her parted lips. Standing up she would tap the rest of the books with her the end of her wand, as they hoover up into the air orbiting back into their place. "I believe I said three broomsticks" she reminded him. [[It would really be at the pitch so sure you can start it]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back