Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 ½ Inch Rigid Hawthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
The Brightstone weekend had finally arrived, but the last thing on Esmè's mind was shopping in the village or spending that time with her small circle of friends. She had a gift, a gift she was not fully in control of, or able to understand. As a child, she'd had infrequent flashes of the future, small snippets of things yet to happen, but in the past year they had become more frequent in intense. The Slytherin was in dire need of training to be able to sort through the hazy mess of visions that occurred, and learn to invoke them when she wanted to. Whilst the powers of a seer were inherited through their bloodlines, the last seer to manifest their abilities in her family had died before she was born, leaving her with no one close to teach her. As seers were quite a rare occurrence, this posed a problem.

As fortune would have it, two seers lived in the vicinity of Hogwarts. There had of course been her Divination professor, Elvera Le Fey, but the woman was the deputy headmistress and had enough on her plate as it was. Esmè respected her, if only because of her generosity in classes, so didn't wish to trouble her with more work than was necessary. The other option was a recent graduate Le Fey had trained, a deaf Ravenclaw boy she vaguely remembered before he left the school. Esmè hadn't been aware of his disability until after she had sent him the first owl, but despite not knowing sign language, apparently they could still communicate, albeit awkwardly. It was an odd situation, but one that appealed to the girl, who decided to continue on with having a lesson with him.

Approaching the address she had received, Esmè stepped up to the front door of Mr Chamberlin's house, and knocked.
<i></i>

Bryce Chamberlin was enjoying his time in his home, while Rosie was working on her own thing, and he was a photographer. He was really enjoying his job, and he was a trained seer as well. He worked with whatever was needed. Bryce read a letter over again, when there was a student that needed training when it came down to the seer ability. Bryce was preparing for her once more, and he was tending to his son at the same time. Like him, Beau managed to be blessed, or cursed, with getting sick like he did, and now deaf. Beau was only one, and Bryce was having the day alone with him. When there was a knock on the door, it made an alarm go off within the house, something that caused a very mild vibration. That was the only way he knew that there was someone at the door when he was alone. He looked up, before he glanced down at his sleeping baby. Bryce put the child into the crib, before walking downstairs, timing it to when he should check on his son, before approaching the front door.

Opening the door, the light blinded him for a moment, before he rested his eyes on the girl that he was going to be helping. Bryce had to work on things on his own, with Le Fey, but only because his now dead father was obsessed with it. "Esme?" spoke Bryce in his monotone, accent less voice. He assumed that this was her. He opened the door more to allow her to come in. "How far are you in your training?" Bryce had no idea that Esme's family came from the purer bloods, whereas he descended from muggles and veelas, and also, married a muggle-born. The Seer gene was a fallback to the squib way back when, and their family before that.

As the door opened, Esmè's eyes fell on the man who she had assumed to be Bryce, an assumption that was immediately confirmed the second he opened his mouth. The girl had never met a deaf person before and always believed that most couldn't speak, but the bizarre and flat tone of his voice told her she was wrong. It was almost a little uncomfortable to hear, and part of her wished she did know sign language so they could communicate that way. but, with her studies and Quidditch, there was no way she had the time, or really much of a drive to learn something so unnecessary. After all, this was the first time in her life it would have been useful, and it was unlikely she'd ever need to utilise such a skill in the future. Nodding confirmation in response to the man's question, she followed him inside, eyes trailing across the walls and furniture until she found a seat. It was strange, entering the home of someone she'd only communicated with via post. But here she was. He'd been trained by Le Fey - there wasn't any reason not to trust him.

"I'm not sure." Esmè started as he inquired about her progress, speaking slowly and enunciating each word for him to read. It was difficult to tell, she didn't have much to compare her capabilities to. "I haven't really been given much in the way of lessons before. A lot of what I've done is just self taught through experimentation. At the moment, it's mainly narrowed down to prophetic dreams and every so often, if I touch something, I can receive flashes of the past, or the future, but it's rare that I can actually make it happen when I want it to. I don't really know what I'm doing." It was difficult to admit that she didn't know, or couldn't do something, but this was a special case. She needed the help she could get when it came to being a seer. This wasn't a test she could study for, it was a powerful ability she had no control over.

Leading her into the living room, Bryce took a seat on the armchair and motioned with his hand for her to sit down on the couch opposite of him, after she spoke, a lot to him. It took him a little while to catch all of it, but he managed. Bryce was there when he was in her year, so he knew what she was going through. He only became a Seer because of his father, but even then, his dreams were always leading him down another avenue. He gave her a smile, before he said, “Sounds like me at that age. You likely won’t make it happen when you want to until you graduate. That was how I managed, but I also started a year later.” Bryce held out his hands, and he decided to say, “It requires a lot of focusing, and opening your mind. If you like, I could try to get a vision of you with your permission. Maybe if you see another seer in action, it might help some.” He was doing this based on mutual standings, and his inner eye managed to give him the missing sense he was needing. It helped him, but he never really gave out any really amazing prophesies. He once saw he would eventually have a daughter, but that was about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back