OOC First Name
Ruben
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Holly Wand with Veela Hair Core
Hunter had went to Professor Holland's office but she wasn't there. He left her a note to meet him in the Quidditch Pitch that afternoon dor some advice. He was aware that the flying lessons were over for the rest of his life but that also meant Professor Holland would be more than available to help him with his tiny question.
He arrived at the Pitch and sat on the grass waiting for the Flying Professor to make her way into the Pitch too. He was going to ask for some advice and maybe even ask her some pointers on how to be a great chaser. He was considering trying out for the Quidditch team next year and he wanted to make sure that he learned from the best so he could be the best at the try outs. He hoped the teacher had seen the note and that she didn't think that the note was just a prank from some student.

Grace had been a bit surprised to receive a note from one of the first years, asking her to meet him at the Quidditch pitch. Thankfully, she had some time, and she headed over there after lunch. She always had a soft spot for those students that wanted to learn more advanced flying or Quidditch techniques. There were definitely times where Grace missed her old job of playing professionally, and it was always nice to help kids with their Quidditch problems. She spotted the boy sitting on the grass and approached him with her broom. "Hello, Mr. Robinson." She told him with a smile. "What was it you wanted my help with?"

Hunter wasn't quite sure how to tell the professor. It seemed like a good idea when he left her a note on her office but now he wasn't sure if he wanted to do this. He had been with the professor yet he was nervous to tell her about the reason he wanted her help, maybe she would consider it a waste of time and leave him there. If that happened he'd probably die of embarrassment and would try to block this memory out of his brain forever but he couldn't know that unless he said something.
"Well, you see...I was thinking of joining the Quidditch Team next year as a chaser." he said giving an introductory note. "So, the reason why I called you here professor was to give some pointers. I know we have to try out for the team so I wondered if you could help me to hopefully be the best try out chaser next year" he finally said after beating around the bush for a bit. He hoped Professor Holland didn't consider that cheating on the try outs or something but instead told him that she would help.

Grace smiled as the boy told her he had been thinking of joining the Quidditch team next year. That wasn't a big surprise, many of the kids hoped to do that. Out of her family, Grace had been the only one to be on a team, back at Beauxbatons. She would have loved to cheer on Violette, but highly doubted her sister would attempt trying out for her own team. "I have a bit of time, I could give you some pointers." She said with a smile. "But you'll have to tell me what you want help with most." Her smile widened slightly as she thought back to her days of playing Quidditch, both on the Beauxbatons team and professionally, briefly. "And you're in luck, I played chaser myself."

Hunter was surprised, he knew that Professor Holland probably had played Quidditch but if she also was a chaser then it means he was basically learning from an expert "So I guess chasers are supposed to be agile right? I guess we should start there and train my agility, that would be good to avoid the bludgers" he said half laughing to relief tensions. He know he'd probably be in really bad shape if he got hit by one, he didn't even want to think about that. "What team did you played for professor?" he asked curiously.

Grace smiled as the boy explained what he wanted to learn. It was clear he had put a lot of thought into this. "Agility is important, though less for chasers than for seekers." She admitted. "What is very important when playing chaser is keeping track of the other chasers and working together. You have to be aware of what your teammates are doing, and estimate when is a good time to pass the quaffle on to someone else." She told him. "We can work on both, if you want to." She paused at his question, smiling. "I played for the Quibberon Quafflepunchers for a year before stopping to teach here." She told him.

Hunter nodded as the professor told him what she knew that chasers needed to be good at "Yes of course I want to work on both!" he said excitedly. Hunter had just recently started to follow Quidditch and all the games so the name of the team did sound familiar but he didn't knew enough to keep a conversation.
He tried to make small talk, thinking that maybe professor Holland didn't really had many opportunities to talk about that and maybe she liked to relive old memories "Do you miss playing there? What made you decided to teach?" he asked hoping he wasn't crossing a line that the professor would consider to be private.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back