Kentaro Arai

Duelist / Neutral
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
If anyone could find Kei and Rei, it would be Ichiro, but since he was out elsewhere, their mother sent out the most obedient child, Kentaro. He was equivalent to the common seventh year, and being home schooled because he didn't enjoy being away from his family when he attended Durmstrang for one year, his sixth year. 'I don't see why I have to come here just because I earned my apparation license over the break,' thought Kentaro with a soft glare within his brown eyes. His hair fanned around his face as he landed on New Zealand's soft soil, close to what they considered the Makutu Mall. He figured that Rei or Kei would be around here somewhere. Both of them have been visiting here more and more, every time they got chance to get their hands on some floo powder. Kentaro was rather irritated, and would have loved to at least learn how to do a tracking spell, if one existed. How else was he going to find his siblings? Ichiro was better at this than he was, and also a lot more fearsome when it came down to having a temper. Kentaro was only second best, and he was used to it by now.

Perhaps one day, he would be led to create his own sort of family, and end up as ferocious as his mother. Kentaro accepted her orders because it was all he had ever known, that and his blood was sacred. Yet, he always felt somewhat dirty when it came down to letting others use his blood. He hated it, but he loved it at the same time. It was pure magic, and it felt good knowing that he was better than his previous generations of bloodlines. He was one of the only purebloods within the Arai family. Sighing, he stuffed his hands into his pockets of his black robes that reflected his heritage in a series of elegant designs. His brown hair, with the bangs tinted with red, moved slightly as he walked along the path, his eyes looking for his brothers. He narrowed his eyes, before he noticed someone around his age around. Wait, he recognized her to some degree. "Lythande?" Kentaro asked in a very soft voice. He had issues pronouncing her name. Simple names were much better, as were his Japanese relatives. But some names in Durmstrang had him stressed out.

The town of Picton had little going for it aside from its proximity to the sea, and the popular Makutu Mall that every youthful witch and wizard this side of New Zealand seemed to adore. Lythande Lancaster didn't see the fuss. The Durmstrang girl had decided to join her relatives on a holiday shopping spree, but she was in and out in no time at all. From Scandinavia to the British Isles, she had seen her fair share of magical shopping hubs, and for one of New Zealands largest it failed to impress her. Vibez, despite claiming to sell "clothing that are neither robes, nor muggle clothing", appeared only to sell muggle attire, and Makutu Music didn't stock any of her favourite wizarding bands. It was a bitter disappointment to say the least and she did not plan on hanging around any longer. Her time had been wasted enough as it was.

Leaving her cousin Esmè to browse some obscure little divination shop, Lythande made her way toward the exit of the mall, passing by her brothers as she did so. Fenris was seated at the dinette, scowling over something or other, while Emeric spoke animatedly to their cousin Emmett, no doubt about trees and wand wood. That's all she ever heard them talk about together and she made certain to stay out of it. Plants didn't interest her in the slightest, and it was difficult to understand how the two of them could talk at such great length about them. The fourth seat at their table held a potted flutterby bush that Emeric was growing. As Fenris noticed her walking by, he motioned to knock it off the seat to leave a free space for her to sit. The witch shook her head with a smile. As amusing watching her little brother get upset over his precious plants could be, she just wanted to get away from the building for a while.

Leaving the mall behind, Lythande headed down the road, looking briefly over her shoulder at the now dilapidated structure behind her. She frowned, annoyed to see the enchanted facade that hid Makutu from the muggles, when it should have been the muggles hiding from them. Trying not to focus on the injustice, she continued her walk away from the Makutu and the town of Picton, not wanting to run into any of the neighbouring muggle residents. The witch didn't make it far before a familiar voice caught her attention. It was soft, to the point she almost didn't hear it. Her dark eyes left the pavement, trailing up to the youthful man in front of her. That was a face she didn't expect to see here. "Kentaro. It's been a while." The Lancaster girl mused, taking in the older boy. She hadn't seen him at all this year. He was in her cousin's year last she recalled, but he'd disappeared from the school. "Where have you been hiding this last term? I hope you haven't transferred to Hogwarts New Zealand." There was a hint of distaste in her voice at the mention of the academy. She felt sorry for Esmè being forced to attend such a lesser institution.

Kentaro was really curious as to why Lythande was down here. They went to Durmstrang together, and that was across the continent. He was very interested though. Kentaro missed his friend, and she was the only good thing about Durmstrang. "It has been a long time. I'm sorry for not writing but writing in English is a little difficult for me." Kentaro was being honest. He did not know how to write it well. Kentaro brushed his hair out of his eyes, and looked down at his sneakers. He felt really bad for not saying goodbye or anything, but it was just too hard for him. The stress was annoying. And he could not deal with it. Kentaro sighed before he brushed his hair over his ear. Everything was just a little more frustrating. He was home-schooled now, and learning the art of blood magic, which was very good. He liked it because he was supposed to. And the Dark Arts was good, but he missed it too. Kentaro reached around and scratched the back of his neck. She asked him where he had been hiding, and if he transferred to the local school. Kentaro couldn't tell her that he was learning what he was. It was a secret within the family, and he could never tell a single soul.

"I didn't transfer to Hogwarts New Zealand, no. Mom pulled me out because I was under a lot of stress, and to learn the family magic," Kentaro answered, trying not to fumble over his English. He knew the native language of Durmstrang, but only enough to get by. Kentaro cocked his head slightly to the side, before wondering what she was doing here. Did she have family? He didn't go into details about his own family but he was highly secretive about it. "How have things been? I hope Durmstrang hasn't let any trash in since I've left." Kentaro was very open about his hatred to those that were impure. Their blood was not good enough to practice magic. It was what his mother thought and so will he. It was almost sad, but it was all that he ever knew, and he followed along. He would do as asked, and whatever the family requests. Kentaro normally followed along with whatever Ichiro wanted to do, even if it involved hurting others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back