Scurrying Through the forest.

Danielle Warbeck

OOC First Name
James {Main}
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4"
Danielle warbeck is a bit of a trouble make, running around, doing things she shouldn't, and going into the Forbidden Forest, a place a student should never go. She walked in the forest on a beautiful night, it wasn't even very dark! She climbed a tree, to the top, and over looked the whole forest. She saw Hogwarts, and thought about how amazing it was. She looked up in the Gryffindor tower, and saw some people going to sleep. She yawned, and climbed down a bit. She jumped through, to the next tree, and smiled.

Briar couldn't sleep, tonight the moon shined in the tough her window, she rolled over and looked properly, at the sky. she realised that the stars were positioned in a way that made the energy in her body pump. she slipped out her her bed and dressed quickly, before slipping barefoot out of her dorm, for the first time in a while she wasn't carrying her broom, instead she headed town to the grounds following three rout that she had used in her first two years before she had started her night adventures flying off the north tower. she slipped out of the front door and made her way to the forest, dancing slightly at the feel of the soft grass under her feet. she was just as she approached the first row of trees she heard a noise come from the top of the trees. "Hello, is anyone there" she called wondering what it was that was making the noise she knew that it wasn't anything native to the forest as it sounded too large and noisy, it was probably another student, she thought.

Danielle jumped to the next tree, almost slipping. When Danielle heard a voice she jumped up, as she sometimes got a little jumpy in that forest. Realizing it was just another student she stuck her head out, of the leaves. "Yeah! Here I am." She exclaimed, her Amber eyes glowing. She jumped down, and recognized the girl from the Quidditch Try-Outs. "Hey, aren't you...Don't tell me....Briar! Thats it I remember you from Quidditch!" Danielle smiled. "I'm Danielle. Very nice to formally meet you!" She smiled towards Briar.

Briar watched as a girl Jumped from the tree. She recognised her from the tryouts, but didn't know her name. Thankfully she introduced herself so she didn't have to go through the pain of trying to remember, of asking her and pretending that she already knew. "thats right, Briar Rowan. Its nice to finally meet you too. you tried for chaser didn't you? she asked not remembering if she got into the team or as an alternative. She looked around the grounds glad that there was no professors around. Since she had got her prefect status, she felt a little bad every time she sent for a nighttime walk or flight. as she knew that she was breaking the rules, and she didn't want to be setting a bad example for other students. "what bring you out here tonight" she asked the girl. in her five years at the school she hadn't seen anyone else up a tree in the forest at night.

Danielle threw her hair back and grinned. It'll be good to have a prefect on my side!, she thought, noticing Briar's Prefect badge. "Ahh, yes I did, and I got alternate." Danielle laughed. Most people would be upset to not be on the 'front row' of players, but Danielle was happy to just be on the team. Smirking she thought about why she would have come out in the forest. "Well, I don't go here too, often, as it scares me a little, but the Adventurous side of me, takes over, my scared side. Just exploring here is fun. I've always wanted to meet a Centaur!" Danielle giggled. Metteing a Centaur, would be very awesome, and there was no doubt about it. "And by the way, I promise not to tell anyone, that a Prefect like yourself, was in this Forbidden Forest." Danielle winked towards the girl.

OOCOut of Character:
So so so Sorry for not posting for a while, but I've been, on vacation, and sort-of forgot some of m y topics! Again sorry!

"Alternative, hey, I'll be seeing you a lot more, at practice." she said smiling at Danielle. "If you go into the wrong parts the forest can be a little scary. however on the whole it is pretty safe." she said. the accromentula are the only things out tonight that would harm them, and they tend to stay at the other safe of the forest. "It is defiantly a good place to explore, but maybe the day is better for the first time." she said, she skipped over he bit about the centaur, she had seen enough centaurs to not find them overly exiting. but she still liked meeting them, as they reminded her of her childhood. "I don't know if they will be around tonight, it is the equinox, and they may be elsewhere tonight." she said, now realising why she couldn't sleep, and her mind flicked back to the equinoxes when she was younger. "As for not telling anyone, thanks, but i think everyone knows that i come here often." she said winking.
OOCOut of Character:
thats okay, i have been pretty busy this week so sorry it has taken me a while to reply

"Thats Great. You seem really nice!" Danielle smiled at the girl. "Yeah, but I remember being at a very nice clearing and I had a picnic, it felt so safe, even in this forest!" Danielle laughed. She climbed up into a tree, and gestured for Briar to come nearer, in the tree. "Probably, but I feel like its way more easy to get caugyht in the daytime, my friend told me they got caught a lot in the daytime." Danielle laughed and hopped to the next tree, being careful not to lose her balance, as she hopped over. Climbing was lots of fun to Danielle, and it made her feel like some type of monkey. "Well, thats alright, I didn't exactly mean tonight." Danielle sighed, realizing she wouldn';t see a centaur for another night. "Even the Professers?" Danielle grinned.

" learing, i think that you mean the one down there. she said pointing towards a samll track leading away from them. "there is almost a problem with getting caught during the day, but that is certainly better than betting lost at night" she said remembering the first year she had met a week or so ago, who had wandered into acromentutre territory at night, and almost gotten them both eaten. she reached up to the tree and easily pulled herself up, climbing the tree as though she had been born in the forest (which she may well have been). "this is the best part of the forest to see them though, unless you go into their lands, which you probably wont meet a happy centaur" she said now high in the tree, and sitting on two branches, that looked like they wouldn't be able to hold anything heavier than a squirrel, but she knew from plenty of experience, that if she sat a particular way they would be able to hold her. "I am sure that some of them do, but they don't generally mind, as long as i don't encourage others in. so you were already in, before i arrived" she said, swinging up onto another branch.

"Ahh! That is the one!" Danielle grinned looking down towards the Clearing. She smiled thinking of the picnic she had there. Danielle just nodded with with Briar's second statement. "That is so true - I would never want to get lost in here." Danielle supplied. This older girl was very kind, and informative. She helped Briar up by pulling her hand. "Hmm. Maybe we will see them!" Danielle smlied, a glint of hope in her eyes. She sat on a branch with her legs kicked up. Danielle decided she would relax for a bit there. "Well, good, thats mean I don't have to leave!" She added, swinging like Briar did.

Briar smiled as the girl offered her a hand up however she was already up, she was adapt to climbing trees. "thanks anyway" she said, continuing moving along the trees, by walking along the branches, and swinging, she was quick, as she was good at it, it was one of the few physical things she was better at than her family. the advantage of two legs. "not tonight i'm affraid. you may be lucky to see them some other time." she said before jumping out of her tree across the path before grabbing the branch of a tree on the other side, and swing herself up. it was a trick that required exact timing and positioning. "I'm not going to force you out, but don't feel like I am pressuring you to stay." she said watching the girl and making sure that she wasn't going to fall. and swinging back to the to the side of the path.

"Hey, no problem trying to help!" Danielle grinned. She couldn't help but smile. THis girl was very nice and she liked being in the forest, the darkness, gave her a sense of adventure, and it mad everything seemed, closed, and mysterious. "Man. I was hoping, but, I guess not." Danielle sighed, as she came to the realization, that a centaur, won't just come up on command. She frowned a bit, but, went back to smirking as she, started swinging and jumping again. "I understand. Its something a choice a prefect - like yourself - has to make. Like I said, I understand." Danielle smiled, swinging again.

briar nodded as Danielle sid that she was hopeing that they would see a centaur. "you would have a chance almost any other day but not today" she said, "the only centaurs that leave their camp at night are really only the hunters and the guards, nether are the ones that you want to surprise, although occasionally some of the younger ones get caught doing what we are doing, well not climbing trees, but exploring where they aren't meant to. she said laughing slightly, she had seen a couple of the younger centaurs try and climb the trees back home, after seeing her do it, and i would be fair to say that it wasn't a pretty sight. their bodies were the wrong shape, and hooves didn't help in the climbing process.
she was still laughing at this memory when Danielle said something about the choice that prefects make. she didn't know what choice she meant but she knew what choice had surprised her this year. "you know, i did not think that i would be a prefect, i thought that i had too many nights and days like this one under my belt to be considered. but obviously professor Weasley thought otherwise" she said thinking that the fact that she helped the younger students must have outweighed her known wanderings.

Danielle Warbeck smiled as she swung herself, again. She liked swinging through the forest like she is doing now. "Hm, I'm just taking a guess here but - but if, the young ones get caught will they get in some type of trouble with their group? And if we get caught, will we get in bad trouble?" Danielle asked Briar happily. She didn't want, to get caught and get in trouble, because she would feel really bad. But Danielle was too adventurous, to let this night get away from her. "Its not just being a goodie two shoes to be a prefect you know. You're, helpful, fun, and overall a good person. You seem like you know when to have fun - and when to draw the line. You seem like a very good person, and right for a prefect. I'm actually glad you are one." Danielle told the older girl. She probably sounded like a know-it-all, but didn't really care. She meant what she told Briar.

Briar settled in a nook in the branch. her legs were dangling over the edge, he back was leaning against the trunk. "If they get caught it depends who they are, they probably wont get into too much trouble unless they are doing anything dangerous, but if they go enough times they may start training as hunting or defence. however if we get caught we may end up in trouble." she said remembering what had happened a few weeks ago with a first year called minoas. that is why she was staying near the edge now, in fact she was only a few trees in, which in her mind wasn't even in the forest as if she jumped from here she would land out in the open with a swing. "I guess not, It is pretty good, and i seem to be okay at it" she said. she remembered what year Danielle was in and then asked her "have you given much thought to what subjects you are going to do next year?" she was always curious as to what the second years wee choosing. She herself had done runes and care of magical creatures. she knew that many students did three or more classes, but she had wanted some free time to practice her quidditch, and as of this year, do her prefect duties.

When Briar settled, Danielle sat near her, smiling. "Hmm. Very interesting! you know very much about these Centaurs, but I suppose you must learn about that in Care Of Magical Creatures, which I assume you took. And I guess trouble-making is good from time-to-time." Danielle told her. She was very interested in the creatures from the wizarding world. She smiled, she had always loved animals, from the Muggle world, so she imagined the magical creatures, here would be amazing. "You seem great at it." Danielle told Briar. Danielle was being completely truthful to her, she was a great Prefect. "COMC, Ancient Runes, and Arithmancy. I have decided." She grinned to her, and was glad she cared about what she was going to do, she hadn't talked about it with anyone much. Most people who didn't like schooling would do about 2 classes, but Danielle wanted to do those three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back