Scream

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius felt that his time at Hogwarts had hit a plateau. He was happy with the friends and all but he wanted to meet new people and he was starting to struggle to stay interested in lessons now. He felt like he needed to scream and let loose, let out some emotions, break his routine. He considered taking his beloved Sienna Storm out to the Pitch to fly but he felt like going somewhere he hadn't gone yet, the Forbidden forest.

He shoved on his black converse and quietly exited the Ravenclaw common room after dinner while everyone was starting to head out to bed. He ruffled his hair unnecessarily as the wind caused the same effect for him and instead pulled up the hood if his grey hoodie. His grey eyes scanned the area to make sure no one was around as he ran full speed into the forest, not focusing too long on his surroundings in case he came across something he didn't want to. He was well into the forest now when he stopped to catch his breath. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins as his lips formed a full smile. He stood there in the middle of the dark forest as his hands hung limply by his side, his wand forgotten in his pocket. He couldn't see much at all but he didn't feel the need to light his wand and without warning he let out a full, hearty scream.

Abbey was sitting on her bed when once again she found herself bored out of her skull so she changed into small black pants and a grey sweater over a white tank top unfortunately her clothes showed how sickly skinny she was. She sighed and decided she didn't care enough to put on any make up, she was only twelve after all, it really didn't matter, besides she didn't need anything more to make her unique.

Abbey put on some blue converse quickly then walked out of the castle quickly. She walked over to the grounds then headed towards the forest, she wasn't even sure if she was actually going to go into the forest. She took her wand out of her pocket and gripped it tightly then whispered, "Lumos." Her wand illuminated quickly and she took a deep breath before stepping into the forest. She felt sick to her stomach as she walked through the forest, and almost got sick when she heard someone scream.

"Hello?" Abbey said in a weak voice shivering as she waited for a response, she looked ahead of her to see the figure of a boy. She whimpered with fright and said in a fake confident voice, "Who's there?" She gripped her wand tighter and narrowed her violet eyes at the boy.

Scorpius had his arms extended as he screamed but turned once he heard someone call out "Who's there?" He let his hands fall and he saw a small looking girl appear from where he came from. He squinted at her, only just registering how dark it really was in here.

He pulled out his wand and muttered, "Lumos," to get a better look at her. He stared at her curiously when he noticed she had violet eyes, but wondered if it was just a trick of the forest and their wand light. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he said honestly, his Irish accent ringing out in the forest.

Abbey heard the boy apologize, she sighed with slight relief but it was still quite shakey as it was a male in the dark forest with her, of course she was going to be frightened. She took a small step towards the boy and muttered, "It's fine." She bit her lip anxiously before taking a deep breath.

"I'm Abigail." She added, "But feel free to call me Abbey." She looked into the boys dark eyes, her own violet orbs showing her fear quite clearly. She sighed gently and said, "Slytherin 2nd Year." She tilted her head down once to greet the bigger looking boy then back up. She smiled sheepishly as she waited for his introduction.

Scorpius' grey eyes stared back into her violet ones and he furrowed his brow in confusion. She seemed more scared than she let on and he couldn't help but think Was my scream really that bad? He thought he might've startled her at the most but her violet eyes showed otherwise. "Nice to meet you Abbey, I'm Scorpius Knight, but you can call me Knight," he replied with a friendly grin. "First year Ravenclaw," he added as she had done. "What brings you to the Forbidden forest at night?" he inquired with a curious look on his face. She seemed scared beyond all, why would she go out looking for danger or something to add to her fear?

Abbey grinned at the boy named Scorpius then she bit her lip softly and said, "Getting over fear I guess." It's not working so well though, she thought to herself then shrugged it off. "What about you? Screaming isn't the smartest you know we aren't allowed to be here," She flashed him a gentle smile as she took a step closer to him so she could see him clearly, they were still pretty far away though.

Scorpius grinned a little guiltily, feeling like his scream hadn't really help her get over fear. "Sorry," he mumbled with a nervous grin, wondering if she'd even understand why he was apologizing. "Well I'm deep into the forest, I didn't think anyone would hear me," he explained with a shrug. He thought about why he'd screamed, he had just done it on impulse. His grey eyes scanned the area as if he'd find the answer he needed for her question before finally sighing softly and saying, "I wanted a break from my usual routine. I wanted to let loose." He smiled at her and asked, "Haven't you ever felt that way?"

Abbey raised her eye brows curiously when Scorpius apologized and she asked quietly, "What for?" Then realization hit and she rolled her eyes at herself and said, "No need to apologize, I'm not scared of forests really, it's more me..." Abbey stopped short when she realized that she was about to say men. She swallowed hard and looked at the boy nervously and said, "Never mind, just forget what I said."

Abbey smiled at the boy and said absentmindedly, "I have, not any more though, routine is good and healthy for me now, anything out of the ordinary tends to mean something is dreadfully wrong." She flashed the boy a sheepish grin and her violet eyes illuminated sadly. "So do you want to walk deeper with me or no?" Abbey asked politely, accentuating her rough English accent.

Scorpius' eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and concern for the girl as he thought he could guess what she was gonna say. He decided not to press on the subject however because she didn't seem keen on elaborating either. He smiled at her in an attempt to reassure her that she was okay in his presence.

When she said anything out of the ordinary meant something was dreadfully wrong, his lips curled downward in a frown. He had never thought of it that way. "You know that makes perfect sense," he commented quietly. Why had he come to the forest to scream? He knew something was wrong but he didn't know what. It was his lack of interest in classes that seemed to worry him most.

When she offered to walk deeper into the forest Scorpius snapped back to the sight of the girl in front of him, her violet eyes eerily illuminated with their wand light. His grey eyes scanned the area at his dim surroundings but figured a bit more exploring wouldn't hurt them, would it? He looked back at her and smiled as he said, "Sure," and offered his hand to her so he wouldn't lose sight of her. He didn't know if she would take it but he remembered when he, Prince, and Toni had gone exploring into the Borely Mansion and Prince had disappeared right in front of their eyes because of the Portkey. He remembered not letting go of Toni's hand for fear of losing her too and then he'd feel like it was his fault they got hurt. The same feeling of Abbey getting hurt and it being his fault crossed his mind so he didn't want to take any chances.

posting as:

Abbey flashed Scorpius a girlish smile then the hand he offered her sheepishly, she knew that it didn't mean anything but she couldn't help but blush, thankfully the dark had hidden her flushed cheeks from the boy she just met. "So Scorp," Abbey began quietly, though she really didn't know what she was going to say. "How do you like Hogwarts so far?" she asked lamely. Wow, stupid question! she thought frustratedly.

As they walked she looked around her and murmured quietly, "I wonder if there are any creatures here." She wasn't addressing anyone in particular, more thinking out loud then anything else. Abbey smiled to herself then the the corners of her lips twitched downwards as she remembered going to the forest last year with Anthony, Blake and Emme.

Scorpius smiled politely as she took his hand and began to lead the pair further into the forest, his wand held up firmly in front of him to light the path he was taking. He chuckled a little at the question she asked, figuring it was best they started conversation anyway, he replied, "I like Hogwarts. The people are new and different...exotic, a breath of fresh air from the Irish," he added thoughtfully. He missed Ireland and his family much more than he let on, but his friends had filled that hole with their company. "I just can't seem to like the classes," he added with a tone of worry. He thought it was weird considering he was a Ravenclaw.

Then again, he never described himself a book smart Ravenclaw, but one that wanted to know everything that he wasn't supposed to know. The perfect example being this scenario right now. He wanted to know why the forest was forbidden to students. She mentioned creatures and Scorpius chuckled as if she'd just answered his question he hadn't asked but nodded his head in agreement. "I'm pretty sure there are," he said as he stopped to cross over a large fallen log. "Watch your step," he warned Abbey softly. "I just wonder what kinds of creatures there are," he added curiously. "Have you ever been into the forest?" he asked, suddenly remembering she was a year older than him.

posting as:

Abbey blushed harder when Scorpius laughed at her question then said, "Yes, they are quite different from Scotland, it's just lovely." She smiled inwardly then her lips formed a concerned frown at Scorpius' next words then she said in a petite voice, "I think you'll do just fine, you seem intelligent enough, the interest will come." She squeezed his hand politely.. reassuringly.

As Scorpius told her to watch her step she looked at the log and stepped over it carefully. "Back at Scotland I did, but here.. I'm a Forbidden Forest virgin if you will." Abbey giggled cutely and blushed at what her words suggested, though she wasn't sure why she was blushing. She looked over at Scorpius and smiled once and bit her lip anxiously then looked back to the path they were forming.

Scorpius couldn't help but laugh at her answer to his question if she'd been in the forest before. "A Forbidden Forest virgin? Well that makes two of us then," he grinned and winked at her in reassurance. After she had jumped over the log he stopped in their tracks and turned to look at her. "Do you want to keep going or rest here for a bit?" he offered motioning towards the log they could sit on. Now that his wand was barely lighting anything up, he was feeling a bit more apprehensive about going forward. He wanted to give his grey eyes a chance to adjust to the new level of darkness before going on.

posting as:

Abbey grinned at Scorpius, then as his question came up she scanned the area then looked back at her new found friend, noticing that he did not want to go further, at least not yet, so she decided she wouldn't push him, and she didn't really want to go much further anyways, she just didn't want to stay on her own. "How about we sit for a little?" she asked nudging her head towards the log that he had previously indicated. She led him over knowing his response already then sat down on the large log, and reluctantly let his hand go, so she could stay leveled on the large log. She looked over at Scorpius and asked, "Do you know there is another Scorpius here?" That was.. random she thought with raised eye brows at herself. She rolled her eyes inwardly and blushed at her dumb question.

Scorpius smiled and sat beside her on the log, glad that she stopped and rested with him even if it seemed she didn't want to stop. He twirled his lit wand in his hands as the light illuminated weird things on the ground and made shadows across the ground. As she said there was another Scorpius in school his mouth dropped open, half shock half amusement. "Really?" he said in disbelief. "What's his name? Or, rather his surname," he added with a chuckle. It was a little disheartening to find out his name wasn't as unique at Hogwarts as he thought it was but it didn't matter because he went by 'Knight' anyway. "What house is he in? And year?" he asked, his curiosity peaked at this other Scorpius.

posting as:

Abbey chuckled at Scorpius' reaction then droned on as if she was reading a History of Magic text book, "Malfoy, he's another transfer." She rolled her eyes at the thought of another transfer. "Slytherin.. umm I'm not too sure what year he is in, nice fellow though, a little too flirtatious for my liking," she commented honestly, though she had not been in a good place in her life when she had met him, and flirting hadn't been something she was comfortable with. I'm not a victim, I'm not a victim, I'm not a victim! she thought forcefully. Her right eye twitched as she looked away from Scorpius for a second, she closed them tightly trying to imagine that she was safe, and not in the Forbidden Forest.

Abbey flicked her eyes open when she was confident in herself, and set her gaze back onto Scorpius' with a small smile of relief, his joyfulness was good for the young girl, she was almost put at ease because of it, once more she wasn't sure why.

Scorpius tried imagining what the other Scorpius looked like, wondering if they looked eerily the same, if their personalities were the same or if they had absolutely nothing in common but their name. When Abbey described him, the thought of him being flirtatious made Scorpius smirk. He had been that way too, but after getting in a huge fight with Luna, he'd learned to stop because he really liked her, probably a lot more than he let on. "Well, it's a good thing I go by 'Knight' then eh?" he said aloud after trying to compare himself to someone he didn't know.

Scorpius looked at her with concern as she closed her eyes but once she opened them again she seemed fine so he smiled at her reassuringly. "Do you wanna go further in now?" he asked, now that his grey eyes had adjusted to lighting, or lack of lighting rather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back