Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Anyone Alive
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Flexible Yew Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Sage had not been particularly excited about the fact that Halloween was already upon her. Keeping up with classes without a phone was proving to be a lot more difficult than she had imagined it would be. It was simple enough all the things she did without the wand, but she needed it. She had to use the wand for practicing her spells and getting better at things she needed to improve upon. However that being said, Sage was looking for a nice little distraction. She was happy therefore when Halloween night finally hit. She hadn't really been expecting this Halloween to be anything like the last one with Preston, which had been a lot of fun, but she was looking forward to maybe having a bit of fun. This year unlike the last without the use of her wand she'd had to come up with something a little more boring. So she'd taken the time to carefully pick a costume and then build from that. Now she was just putting on the finishing touches. She'd decided to go with a simple costume of a zombie French maid. It worked well, and she thought she'd done pretty well in the make up. It wasn't at all like the last one, but it did show all that Sage had to offer and the pale make up on her face give her eyes a sense of an even clearer blue. All in all Sage felt pretty chuffed with herself. Not too bad at all.

Sage quickly slipped on a simple pair of black heels before leaving the room. Unlike most who would give up their wand before entering she didn't really even get that as an option. But it didn't bother Sage. Instead she smiled to herself, pleased with the work she'd put in as she headed towards the great hall. Who knew where this night would take her. Who knew where she'd end up? Or even if she'd spend the entire night alone which Sage really had no desire to do. Instead of letting her mind ponder it much more, she just focused on walking to the room, she glanced around at the costumes noting once again that most lacked a certain quality about them. But it was fine, really. Sage had long since realised that Hogwarts costumes were never really that scary. It was a pity however. A Halloween night in a magical school should be all kinds of scary. Wandering into the room she glanced around, not noticing anyone that she knew. So instead of just standing around like a lonely puppy, Sage headed to get herself a drink before wandering around the hall a little more. Trying to spot a couple of people that she could talk. It was annoying in a way that Sage lacked friends. She would quite like someone to spend the night with. In any case for now she was pretty alone, so she stopped walking around and just let herself watch with a small smile on her face the people who were dancing.

Maya Corby was pretty happy with the way things were going so far. It had taken her a long time to even be able to put her costume on, which really wasn't much of a costume, but she was going to enjoy it anyway. Her costume had special meaning for her, after all, her mother was now dead and she would never see her again. In a way, this was how Maya chose to remember her. Her mother had loved Halloween after all and so it made perfect sense to Maya, that she should do this. Both for her mother and for herself. It had taken Maya a couple of days to get the style right. She had asked her father for photos of her mother when she had been younger and out of all of them, Maya had really liked the one where her mother was in a lovely yellow dress with the boots and the flower crown. Before leaving, the night had started, Maya had been sure to take a picture to send back home to her dad, so that he could see what she had done. She really hoped he would appreciate her effort. She had cried more then once whilst making it after all.

Because Maya was younger then her mother had been in the photo, the dress was slightly different in style. Her mother had been sixteen (the day she had met her father) and so Maya had to make a couple of alterations to make it more suitable for her age, but overall, she didn't look much different, despite the fact she and her mother looked different in appearance anyway. Entering the Great Hall, Maya headed straight for the table filled with snacks and drinks. She could already tell that a lot of work had been put into this place. She smiled as she got herself a cup of pumpkin juice with little fake spiders in it. Maya loved that, she thought it was pretty cool. Afterwards, she headed around the hall looking for someone she knew. Perhaps she would see Franny, or even Graeme. She'd not seen Franny in a while after all and she hadn't seen Graeme in the common room as she was leaving. However the person she inevitably came across was the older Slytherin girl from the towers in her first year. Sage. Maya smiled and walked up to the taller girl. Whilst her outfit looked good on someone of her age, Maya knew she could never pull it off, nor would she try. "Hi, Sage! Long time no see!"

Sage had been unsure as to what to do with this Halloween. She wanted to have a good time but, she was waiting to find out what she could have a good evening. It was a good thing she was sure. She was looking forward to having all the amounts of fun. Sage took a few steps, she was careful with her heels, and with her dress. It wasn't the kind of dress that even she wore normally, it was shorter than most, so she was happy. Sage glanced around the room, noticing that hyper little slytherin running around. Goodness was someone spiking his drinks constantly. That was just an odd kid. Such an odd kid. She shook her head at him. Finding it almost hilarious that he was even allowed at these school events with the amount of energy he appeared to have constantly. Happily the girl then noticed Preston, well, she was sure it was Preston, he was wearing a monster costume, so actually he could be any of the brothers really. Though Sage was sure that she'd be able to tell Preston from a small crowd really. She smiled to herself, and would've gone over to him, had she not been stopped by a much younger girl who stopped to speak to her.

Glancing at the girl, it took a few moments to remember where she knew her from. "Maya" she said in simple realisation. She hadn't really meant to forget who the girl was, but she just had. It was a simple thing, Sage met a lot of people. Well, met was a bit of a strange word to use. She met them, and then they had a bit of fun. "You look beautiful, what's the costume? A flower princess?" Sage asked, as she attempted to figure out what the girl was. It certainly wasn't a costume that was easy to figure out. That much was certain. But, even Sage could admit that the girl was quite simple beautiful in the costume. This time around Sage's costume was less gracious. The wings and the white from the last year were starkly different from this. However, she was playing to her strengths, and her age. "How have you been then?" she asked the younger girl with a smile, she appeared to be quite happy, but Sage wasn't sure she was able to tell that well about how this girl was. "Having a good year so far?"

Sidestepping people, was not something that was easy and she'd had to do a lot of that whilst she had been making her way over to Sage. Now she was here, she was quite happy just to slip out of the way of on coming people and make it easier on herself and on others. When Sage addressed her, Maya smiled, after all, it had been last year that they had met and Sage being older then Maya and not in the same house, they'd not really seen each other, except maybe during meals and even then Maya had spent all of her time with the Hufflepuffs. Her comment on her costumes was welcomed and Maya looked down as she flattened it around her hips and chest, making sure the material didn't bunch as it so often did. She shook her head however, "Not exactly, no." She was not a flower princess at all, though that was a pretty good guess. She smiled slightly and twisted a lock of her hair nervously. "I'm actually dressed as my mum." She wondered what the girl would think of that, as it was definitely not a traditional costume in any sense of the word. So she hoped it wasn't weird.

Sage asked about her wellbeing and Maya had enough sense not to complain about her father, as she remembered Sage's reaction to her complaints about her friends in first year. Instead she smiled and shrugged. "Well, i have no complaints about my friends at the moment, so you're pretty safe from that!" She joked giggling slightly before remembering her father's letter and frowning, though talking about it with Graeme had helped, nothing had really changed. "Nothing I can't handle at least. So how are you? How has your year been? You're in fifth year now, right?" She asked. She knew that girl was a prefect, as she'd seen her with a badge at one point, not to mention the yearly announcements. "Congratulations on being Prefect by the way."

Sage smiled as the girl in front of her explained what her costume was. She was very surprised by the choice of costume by the girl, it seemed like a strange choice for such a festival. She didn't know anything about this girl's mother but she could sort of figure out that this girl's mother was probably dead, which made this a very somber thing when she thought about it. Incredible strange to Sage. She hated her mother, so she would never dress as her for any occasion, even if she was dead. Perhaps that was the difference. "Well, you look beautiful." she repeated, knowing that it was true, even if the costume was a little strange. She glanced at her own costume and gave a small smirk, this was incredibly different to what this younger girl was wearing. Where Maya had chosen to be respectful, Sage had opted for the usual Halloween outfits which girls her age wore. Perhaps she was still a bit young for it, but Sage whole heartedly believed that this was the right age and look for her. For this halloween feast. "Is this an old dress of your mother's?" she asked her, curious as to how far this costume went. If it was just the idea or actually more.

Sage nodded at the girl and smiled slightly as she said that. Sage really enjoyed trying to help Maya with things. It had been simple things that she had offered to do for the girl. Which had been a small offer to her. Sage would actually still do it, despite her status as a prefect. "No complaints is good" she gave a small curt nod as she said that. Happily the girl continued, returning the question to Sage, her year had been getting of to a very different start really. Nothing too major had been happening to her besides all the trouble with the prefects at that meeting, and she really doubted the girl had heard about that. Though it had been a little bit everywhere. "I am well, my year has been difficult, since I am a fifth year, and I have my OWLs, school work has been pretty full on." she told her, avoiding all of the details about how it had been tricky because of a certain incident, and all the things which had followed. "Thank you, it came as quite a surprise really" she told the girl with a smile, though she'd almost completely lost her title as prefect. "Are you aiming to get prefect when you get to that point?" she asked politely. Sage liked Maya, she was an interesting girl, quite typical of her house, but interesting none the less.

Maya smiled when she was complimented, though she felt that maybe Sage didn't really understand why she had chosen to wear this particular clothing. She supposed that it made sense, seeing as Sage knew nothing about her and she knew nothing about Sage. They'd only really talked that once in the Owlery and she had mostly spoken with Sage responding to her. It really wasn't much, as far as conversations go. She patted down her dress a little, again and decided that complimenting Sage was the best thing to do at this point. "You look really good. I like the bonnet!" Mostly because Maya was only twelve, she quite liked the frills and lace that Sage had on her dress. She would be happy to have frills and lace on her outfit as well. Maybe next year she would work on some frills and lace. That would be nice. Maya looked up as Sage asked a question and she quickly shook her head. "No. It's modeled off of a photo my dad gave me, but i fixed it to be more appropriate for my age." She smiled then and twirled around a little. She liked this dress. She was definitely going to keep it and she could wear it again.

Maya grinned as Sage nodded and she kept stepping around people as they walked. Over the other side of the room, Maya could see a couple of the Professors. She was glad they all seemed to get along so well. There were a couple of her muggle school teachers that hated each other. Two of the fourth grade teachers had divorced and now couldn't stand each other. Maya had to wonder why they still worked together though to be honest, Alice Springs was such a small community compared with the rest of Australia. Though Maya wouldn't trade it for the world, even though she always complained about the climate, she was sure she would learn to miss it, quite quickly. "Wow! I'm not looking forward to my OWLs at all!" She actually knew next to nothing at all about what OWLs even were, seeing as everyone just assumed she knew. Maybe now was a good time to ask about them. "Sorry, what exactly are OWLs? The older students always talk about them, but i never asked." She supposed she could have asked her head of house. But she'd never really thought about it until now. Then Sage asked her another question, and Maya really thought about it. "I don't know. I don't think so." She had been SRC once, that had been a nightmare. "I'm not really a leader, you know?" People didn't follow her, she followed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back