Say Hello to My Fist

Miriah Vlahovic

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Reed Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Miriah continued to storm her way away from Brightstone and most definitely away from Aiden Lorka whom she assumed was still lying face down back in the small Village. Her bag of treats and school supplies was still gripped tightly in her hands as she made her past others either on their way up to the Village or on their way back. A few of them even turned to look at her curiously as she stormed past them. Even though she would have liked to spend a little bit more time shopping and not having to worry about school she couldn't stay there and looked at Aiden anymore. A part of her was sort of hurt that he liked and another part was angry at him for thinking it was okay to deceive her. If he both had things with Isabella and Alyssa then he must be into the Glam type of girl. This automatically ruled her out because she spent little time on her appearance and her clothes were nothing special either. Usually she just wore a hoodie and comfortable shoes. Miriah would must rather focus on her studies and being comfortable then impressing guys and being considered beautiful. 'Good. I don't want be considered by that creep anyways.' Miriah snorted to herself gently as she thought about it. Even the thought of Aiden wanting her was not only something that would never happen but she expected herself to almost get sick off the thought. Even if he was cutealright looking. Personally to her there was nothing wrong with his looks, it was just his attitude that really stunk. About halfway to the castle Miriah started to calm down a little. As long as she didn't have to look at Aiden for a while. Maybe if she settled in front of the fire inside the Ravenclaw Common Room, snuggled under a blanket with some of her sweets and read a good book all of this would fly past her.

When Miriah heard what sounded like someone calling her name she turned her head to look at the source when she sat that it was none other than Aiden. Really what on earth did he want now? To piss her off even more than she already was irritated? Whatever it was she didn't really want to deal with him more today so she started to book it back to the castle. Unfortunately for her she was not really paying attention to where she went and about ten seconds into running Miriah's shoe collided with a rock forcing her to fall face first onto the ground. "Ouch.....stupid f*cking rock." Miriah hissed once the shock from the fall was over and she finally grasped what had happened to her. She flicked some of her mousy brown hair out of her face before she sighed and pushed her body up a little. Though she was still crouched down and pretty much on the ground. She saw that there was a tear in her brand new jeans plus her knee was scratched a little. Swearing under breath Miriah glanced around herself nervously, if that loser saw that she had fallen she was seriously going to let that rock die a very painful death.

Aiden really didn’t like having to run all the way from Brightstone back to the school grounds, not that he was out of shape but he had just gotten beaten up (again) and left hanging for a considerable about of time then falling flat on the ground, needless to say – the Sixth Year Gryffindor wasn’t feeling the best of forms right now. On that note he didn’t exact look in the best form right now either, his clothes were scruffed up and dirty, he had some dirty on his face and he had a bloody lip, Great another trip to the Hospital wing! he thought to himself as she advanced on his destination. Aiden didn’t know why Miriah just wouldn’t stop and let him catch up with her. He knew that she had heard him so why she just wouldn’t stop was beyond him. For once Aiden didn’t want to be the prick that he always was because he was fed up with the crap he always ending up landing himself in because of it. Of course Aiden knew that Miriah was downright ignoring him now because she overheard the whole conversation with himself, Alyssa and Vincent and found out the little lie he told her at the beginning of the year about what happened in first year that made him and Theodore end up hating each other so much; was actually a lie. He never meant for her to find out which was why he told her the lie in the first place but now she knew about it Aiden felt it was only fair for her to know the whole story. It may just be from Aiden’s point of view which people considered as wrong and misconstrued but it was what he believed to be true and would try to get across to Miriah if she would ever just stop and let him explain.

Finally they reached the entrance to Brightstone and were back on school grounds. Aiden knew that he had a good chance of catching up with her now as he remembered a few secret passageways so that if they reached the castle before he caught her, he would be able to cut her off before she reached the Ravenclaw House. Looking ahead Aiden could still see Miriah and as he gained on her he also saw her fall down. Frowning his eyebrows he rushed up to her and within a number of seconds was down on the ground by her side, “Miriah, are you alright?” he asked, with some sincerity and worry in his voice.

Miriah visibly flinched when she saw that Aiden was down on the ground beside her in less than moment, why was he so close and why the hell did he care if she was alright or not? "Leave me alone." The ruby eyed beauty hissed as she peered down at her scratched knee and groaned when she had to take another look at her torn jeans. The scratch she could deal with for now but she really liked these pants so she was not at all happy about the tear inside of them. It was rare for Miriah to care about anything other than books so the fact that she was worried about pants was a lot. Her eyes shifted over to Aiden and she noticed that he looked pretty roughed up himself. Of course she had to resist the urge to clean his cuts because she had a tendency to do that whenever someone was hurt, she liked to treat wounds but would never think of becoming a Healer just because of the type of lives they led. Hell Miriah couldn't even see herself as a Professor just because she didn't like to deal with little kids or babies for long periods of time. If there was only a job where she could sit in the chair in her room and read all day she would be completely happy. After a moment Miriah decided against sitting here for awhile and quickly pushed herself off before she dusted her pants and let her eyes land on Aiden Lorka. Boy did he look like an idiot.

"Here's some girl advice for you, if a girl starts to run from you...it means she doesn't want to be chased down." Miriah rested her hands on her hips angrily as she stared down at Aiden. Some girls did find being chased down by a guy endearing but she was certainly not want one of those girls. Chances were he already found another female victim other than Alyssa or her to bother and Miriah secretly felt for that poor girl because she probably didn't even know what she was getting herself into. It was those stupid eyes of his. They were pretty enough to pull any dimwitted female in, he was almost just as bad as Theodore who had an actual excuse. "Okay so do you mind explaining to me what your problem is? I don't have time to mess around." Miriah commented as she bent down and picked up her bags off the ground. She really hoped her Cauldron Cakes hadn't been squished when she had fallen down. Otherwise she'd probably have to go out and get more and she really didn't want to deal with that today. Especially after she had spent probably a months allowance on all those sweets.

Aiden started to catch his breath now that he had stopped running after Miriah. He didn’t get too close to her in case this Ravenclaw had her very own set of claws on her and he didn’t want her to be just like her sister and not afraid to use them on him. If there was a moment that Miriah would probably want to beat up on Aiden, now would be one of those many opportunities. Actually, pretty much every day that Aiden and Miriah’s path collided would be one of those days that Miriah would want to beat up on Aiden, he just loved to annoy her so, he didn’t know what it was about Miriah but she was just so fun to pick on and he tried to see her at least once a day, knowing that it would ruin her mood for the rest of the day. Today though was a different case. Aiden didn’t want Miriah to have witnessed what had happened in Brightstone – it was bad enough her watching her sister beat him up but knowing she saw some random guy beat him up did not settle well with him. Also, the fact that she had seen his little scene today meant that she now knew that he had lied to her at the beginning of the year and he never wanted her to find out about that – hence why he lied but now there was no turned back he supposed. He didn’t know how Alyssa and Miriah were on terms of if they were friends or enemies or whatever but he had a feeling that she would believe Alyssa over Aiden any day, unfortunately for him.

When Miriah told Aiden to leave her alone he backed away a little more, holding up his hands, palms facing outwards, to show that he really meant no harm. He was actually been serious when he asked Miriah if she was alright, the fall looked bad from his point of view. Watching Miriah get up his blue orbs never left her, carefully standing up himself he waited to see if Miriah was alright for standing by herself or if she had hit her head and was dizzy or anything. With a very recent incident involving hitting ones head and standing up too quickly, very recent as in a few minutes ago, Aiden knew how it could be while you tried to find your feet in your upright position. Happy that Miriah seemed to be just fine he dusted himself off with any new dirt that had gotten on to his outfit, he was just glad he hadn’t worn any of his favourite clothes today or it would be a long night of trying to do that ’Reparo’ spell that he was told by someone when he had gotten into a scuff before. Aiden listened to Miriah’s ‘girl advice’ that she had for him and couldn’t help but snort lightly at it. It wasn’t so much ‘girl advice’ as just general advice as he was pretty sure that it worked for boys too. At her question Aiden let out a heavy sigh, “What happened back in Brightstone with Alyssa, Vincent and I...more so what happened between Alyssa and myself,” he started off so she knew what he was going on about, “I know you must have heard what happened in first year and yes, it’s a different story from what I told you at the beginning to term and it’s also the true version but you have to know the whole story behind it.” he said with urgent tone to his voice. He knew that Miriah probably didn’t care and in any other case Aiden wouldn’t bother explaining why he lied but he felt that it might help clear things up for Miriah and hopefully show Aiden in the better light for once.

Miriah watched carefully as Aiden backed away a little more then he already was, holding up his hands, palms facing outwards to show that he really meant no harm. She figured he didn't mean any harm in the first place but she still didn't want him to be close to her at the moment. Not after she found out that he was a sad lying and cheating excuse of a man or boy, whatever he was. It wasn't until she was fully standing and had been okay to stand for a couple of minute's that she saw Aiden get up and dust himself off as well. It wasn't until Aiden sighed then started to speak to her that she actually started to pay attention to him again. He was trying to explain the situation to her but what she wanted to know why he even cared to explain things. A snort escaped her before she shook her head and turned from him. What the fool didn't know that that she could care less about the whole story, he was a cheating jerk and that was all there was to it. "Honestly Aiden, I don't care." Miriah's voiced sounded softly as she bent down to pick up a few fallen books and other supplies that had fallen out of her bag when she had fallen onto the ground. The ruby eyed girl had the sudden urge to start crying and she didn't even know why. So she held it in. When all the books were picked back up she put them in her bag and bit her lip as she looked back at Aiden again. Just as she was about to turn and leave and turned back around and looked at Aiden before she sighed and rolled her eyes. Before she stomped back over to Aiden like a small child would.

"Ugh Fine, tell me the story behind it then." Miriah told him softly as she crossed her arms over her chest and let her narrowed red eyes stayed locked onto him. She wanted to know what really happened and what made him think it was okay to break Alyssa's heart. Miriah and she may not get along but a broken heart could speak for any girl. Did she do something to him or was this completely all this fall? Hopefully Aiden stayed completely honest with this one because Miriah wasn't sure if she could handle another lie from him.

Aiden felt much safer now that he had taken a few steps back from Miriah, when he looked into her eyes all he could envision was her sister, Hadan, beating up on him and it still hurt to even think about that day. He knew that Miriah probably wouldn’t hurt him as much as Hadan did, for some reason he couldn’t see the Ravenclaw having an evil side that would beat him up – then again he would see through if she did give him a few slaps as he probably did deserve them; not that he wanted to admit it of course he was much too stubborn and damn Gryffindor to ever to that but his conscious was always there waiting for its moment to shine. Although Aiden had fought that from ever happening as he had witnessed to many times what happened when people let their guard now and admitted they were wrong, slowly but surely it would progressively get worse until the person ended up being some sniffling fool who couldn’t stand up for themselves, constantly getting pushed over and walked on – not literally of course unless it was somewhat extreme circumstances. Aiden let out a tired sigh when Miriah told him that she didn’t care. He had expected that that would be the response he would get. He didn’t know why Miriah had to be so difficult, was she actually passing up the chance to see Aiden show somewhat of a weak side and admit to something that he was wrong about. He was actually tired of keeping up certain lies when he was confronted with them in his daily life. “Come on!” he said in an aggravated tone of voice, hoping that Miriah would at least him have his say. If after that she still didn’t care then that was fine by him but for some reason he just felt the need to get this all out now.

He smirked softly when Miriah gave in and let him have his say. He would try and keep it short, sweet and to the point so he wouldn’t bore Miriah with the details when in all honesty he couldn’t really be bothered with reliving the whole ordeal himself. It was silly first year drama that really did just bore him now but this just never seemed to disappear and he supposed it never would until he got it off his chest. “Okay yes, Alyssa and myself did date for a while in first year. I suppose I did have feelings for her or at least what I thought was feelings for her.” he explained with a sigh. “I later found out that it was just her damn veela charm that had been so, well not obsessed with her but near enough. She had had me under that charm for damn near most of my first year and she never even gave me a chance.” he said angrily. He was so mad with her that she had pretty much stole most of his first year, time that he could have done Merlin only knew what if he had been allowed control of his feelings for the most part. “Then when I started to hang out with Isabella I started to feel things for her that I didn’t experience with Alyssa and realised that I liked Isabella more. I know it was a stupid thing to do now but it’s too late to change it now.” He told her with a shrug of his shoulders knowing that he couldn’t change the past. Finally he added, “I did know that Isabella and Theodore were dating but I hated Alyssa so much that I was willing to hurt people close to her as well just to get back at her.” He couldn’t speak for Isabella, maybe she had truly cared for Theodore or was pulled in by his veela charm too but that was irrelevant. He looked at Miriah, wondering how she was going to react.

Miriah forced herself to ignore the smirk he had given her because she knew that if she didn't she would probably end up smacking him right across the face and his chance to explained would be done and over with before it even started. Once he started to explain Miriah shifted her eyes over to him and listened with interest, for some reason she found herself actually wanting to hear why things ended up going bad between he and Alyssa. She of course expected him to admit that the two really had dated back in their first year, which was awhile ago but still not far enough for one to forget easily. Miriah still remembered her first year as it it were less than a couple of months ago. He also stated that he also once thought he had feelings for her. 'How can you 'think' you have feelings for someone?' Miriah thought to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest and continued to listen in to what he was saying to her. Then he dropped a bomb that she was not at all ready to hear but was probably going to figure it out someday. He told Miriah that he felt that it was only because of Alyssa's Veela charm that he ended up dating her and liking her so much. The brunette had no idea that Alyssa was Part-Veela at all but then again a part of her would have figured that it was almost obvious with how pretty she was and how easily she attracted boys. This didn't bother Miriah thought because it just meant that Alyssa Snow was a bit more different than she thought, if anything it brought more respect for the Snow in her eyes. But Aiden continued on and the more he said the more upset it made Miriah become with him. She knew that he was indeed a prick, but she didn't think that he was this much of a prick, what made him think that this was alright to do to anyone? Even miss Barbie and her brother? For once the Ruby-eyed girl felt bad for both Aiden and both Alyssa at the same time. Miriah understood where Aiden was coming form but how he handled it was wrong.

Turning to Aiden Miriah gave him a good smack on the air before she stood in front of him and with her short height tried to have her eyes meet with his. She was going to explain something and she was only going to do it once. "Okay I knew you were a prick, but not that much of a prick. One, when Veela's are that young that can't control who they charm so it was most likely an accident! Two that gives you no reason to hate people! AND THREE, stealing someone else's girlfriend because your mad is stupid!" Miriah spat back at Aiden truly disgusted with his behavior. After learning a bit about Veela's in Care of Magical Creatures Class she knew a little bit about them and knew that when they were young they didn't always have control. Perhaps Alyssa didn't mean to do it. Miriah felt so bad for all of them because it was truly a bad situation but what Miriah didn't get is how Alyssa accepted both Isabella and Aiden back as even humans. If that had been done to her Miriah would have destroyed them. Her hand shot up and went to Aiden's cheek so she could force him to look at her directly, maybe he would see that she meant it. Her touch only lasted for a minute before she removed her hand from his face and let it rest at her side. Then she started to speak again. "I understand where your coming from and you do have a reason to be mad but you just handled it in the wrong way. Did you even think about how much you would hurt Alyssa's feelings?" Miriah asked curiously, her anger was dying down now that she had gotten to smack him and yell at him a little. Goodness who knew that a little aggression could really get all that pent up anger out of one's system. With a small sigh Miriah shook her head and backed up a little, she was too close to him for her liking. Plus she couldn't really look at his eyes anymore. They were pretty and made her want to stare at them.

As Aiden explained his side of the story he began to feel a lot more relieved as he got it off his chest, he had never really told anyone this before but then again he never really had any reason to tell anyone because, at Hogwarts, pretty much everyone he knew was involved in it some way or another and knew the story almost as well as he did. Then in Durmstrang, well he didn’t care about anyone enough to tell them the story and in all honesty he just didn’t want to relive it to anyone when he was trying so hard to start his life afresh with his past remaining where it was; in the past. As his story went on and on he kept his eyes on Miriah, watching her carefully to see any reactions that she may have to the story and to be sure to catch her out if she tried to slap him or something for what he was saying for while Aiden felt that he was partially a victim in this whole ordeal he could see why people wouldn’t want to stick up for him and take the sides of the other people involved in it. He had yet to figure out what side Miriah was on, she hated Aiden yet she liked Theodore so in that case she probably liked Alyssa too. He was unsure what her opinion was on Isabella but so far, in his mind, he was royally screwed on him and Miriah ever getting over this hatred for each other and once he finished his story it would only be made worse than it already was. Aiden wasn’t too sure if he even cared if he and Miriah were anything more than enemies, he didn’t even know why he cared so much about telling her this story and ‘clearing his name’ but he was doing it so there was really no going back now.

Letting out a small sign once he finished the story he looked at Miriah wondering what she was going to say, if she was even going to say anything. What he did get from her though was expected but a part of him didn’t expect it at the same time. Bringing his hand up to where Miriah had slapped him he rubbed it hoping to numb down the sting of the slap. His eyes shot up to Miriah who was now standing at her full length. Scrambling to his feet he too stood up, once at full height he was a few inches taller than Miriah so he cast his eyes down to her as she started to talk; or lecture him rather. Now that the sting had numbed down a bit he brought his hand back down again and folded his arms across his chest as he listened to Miriah speak. He rolled his eyes at her opening comment and kept his eyes diverted from her for he wasn’t really in a mood to get told off, what was with the word prick when it came to describing him, seriously people needed to get more creative because that one was getting really old. He weighed up her come back, he really didn’t know anything about Veela’s other than that they were really pretty and could turn into a bird when angered, he never took Care of Magical Creatures so he couldn’t know about they age affecting their charm, it was an honest mistake or so he thought. He had to disagree with her second comment, something that was shown with his scoff, while he didn’t know that Alyssa couldn’t control her charm at that age he felt that it was a perfect excuse to hate people, seriously he felt used or some crap like that and it was a few good months of his life that he was never going to get back. At her third comment he shrugged, he neither agreed nor disagreed with it, it was probably a stupid decision looking back on his actions but he did have fun with Isabella so he wasn’t going to wish it hadn’t happened. Feeling Miriah’s hand on his cheek he frowned his eyebrows as he looked at her. Looking into her ruby eyes he listened to her words. After the slap and lecture that he had just received from Miriah he was surprised at what he was hearing, she almost sounded sincere...wait she was being sincere. With another sigh he left his hands fall to his side as he stuck his thumbs in the back pockets of his jeans. Shrugging he replied, “In all honesty, no. I guess I was too angry to think about anyone else’s feelings bar my own.” he told her truthfully, no more time for lies. “Now I guess yeah, I do feel bad for what happened between us and I knows other have gotten over it and I’m working on it too. By the looks of Alyssa and her boyfriend she’s getting on with her life now too so I’ll do the same.” he told her. It was something that had stuck with him for many years but it was time he got over it.

Miriah was honestly very surprised that Aiden was actually acting civilized about this whole situation that she was lecturing him about as she half expected him to get mad and stalk off. After her little lecture was all done and over with She heard him sigh before his hands fell to his side and he stuck his thumbs in the back pockets of his jeans and shrugged softly. His words for once had actual meaning behind them and that made Miriah for once actually attempt to look at Aiden a little bit different then she had been for the past couple of years. Probably the first couple of months she and Aiden knew one another things were alright between them, but then it slowly started to get worse and worse for both of them. When his finished his last statement about Alyssa and her boyfriend moving on and that he should move on too, did he even know what to do once he moved on? "Does that mean your going to stop torturing the hell out of me?" Miriah asked jokingly with a raised eyebrow before she shook her head telling him that she was only kidding. He was probably going to keep bothering people regardless of whether he changed himself or not. In a way Miriah almost thought he would be less fun if he mellowed down in his teasing and odd behavior. Miriah shifted with the bag in her hand and decided to speak something out.

"Errr...so um. Do you...want me to clean those bruises and cuts for you? So they don't get infected and cause you to die or something ridiculous like that." Miriah snorted and wanted to smack herself for her own comment to Aiden. She felt bad that he had gotten hurt and wanted to clean the cuts to make sure it didn't get infected or worsen from this point on. But her stubborn pride got in the way and prevented her from asking him the way she really wanted to. It seemed like something was sort of really preventing her from being as friendly with Aiden as most people would be to someone right after they had gotten punched in the face. It was probably all those years of her being countlessly bullied by Aiden and such, In fact she was just waiting for him to say something that was going to irk her off. Motioning for him to follow her to wherever she was going. 'I'm surprised he hasn't asked about Theodore yet.' The brunette thought to herself bitterly as she remembered suddenly that she had lied to him just as well. Maybe he would forget all about it and she would be safe to pretend it never happened.

It felt strange. Aiden had just told the one person in the World that he loved to tease and make the most fun out of, one of his most intimate moments from his past and above that told her things that he had yet to even admit to himself. It wasn’t that Aiden hated Miriah, sure they had their moments where they got into full blown fights, but he didn’t hate her – found her an easy target and fun to pick on but that was about it. Aiden was baffled as to why telling Miriah everything he had just said was so easy when he had never told her anything remotely as personal before, they barely knew anything about each other and they had spoken almost every day for the past three years. To anyone else that might seem a bit sad, he was sure they couldn’t even tell each other their favourite colour which was something that people couldn’t probably pick up easily but Aiden for sure wouldn’t have a clue where to start; he could guess but he’d probably be wrong. When he admitted that he should start moving on he surprised himself a bit so he immediately started to question his decision. Aiden had kept this bottled up for damn near seven years and he never once thought about letting it go but the more he thought about it the more the idea started to appeal to him, it was getting tiring holding on to the same crap every day. At Miriah’s words he snorted. It was clear that she was joking but he couldn’t help but retort, “You’re not getting off that easily book work.” With a wink to seal the deal.

Looking down into Miriah’s ruby orbs his own sapphire blues narrowed slightly, but not in the usual manner that he would give, showing hatred and annoyance, no this time it showed complete and utter confusion. Miriah was offering to help him with something that was actually pretty sincere. He wondered if this is what being nice to people always got him, if it was he wouldn’t mind trying to again every once in a while. “Um sure, thanks.” he said, not too sure what to say. When he was growing up he was never really shown any kindness so it was hard for him to receive it and even more so – return it to people. Aiden wasn’t sure as to why Miriah wanted to help him anyway, he had never been anything but a royal pain in the backside to her and caused her nothing but grieve; surely he didn’t deserve her kindness for three years of torture. Sure Miriah had always gave as good as she got and sometimes even more so but he was the one that had lied to her about a rather simple thing...“Oh..” he said with a small smirk starting to form again and his eyes glinting with mischief as he remembered something. “How’s lover boy, Theodore?” he asked, trying not to turn his smirk into a full blown smile. Of course he had known that Miriah was lying about that but she didn’t know that and she had yet to correct him on it too, she was as bad as he was.

An irked frown rose onto Miriah's pale face when Aiden told her that she was not only not getting off easily but he dared to use the nickname bookworm once again when he referred to her. "Don't call me bookwork. You slacker." Miriah snarled softly at Aiden. He had always called her that nickname because she was really into reading books and studying whenever she had free time and was feeling up to it. It wasn't like it was really her fault that he didn't like to study, go to class, or even pretend like he was the least bit interested in school. She could already guess that he didn't even have a future job in mind to help him pay the bills once he Graduated and was out on his own. Then again he probably wasn't a control freak like she had always been and probably would be for the rest of her long life. Miriah always had to have everything planned or she felt insecure. Already she had plans for how her seventh year would go, what classes and NEWTS she was going to take. She had even planned as far as into her mid twenty's. Miriah wanted to get a job, move into her own place, and just work until she could afford a comfortable lifestyle. Eventually she did think she would maybe pack away her books and try to find her soulmate. However children definitely wasn't on the top of her list. A sigh brought Miriah back out of her thoughts. "Isn't there anyone else you can harass at this school?" Miriah asked with a raise eyebrow as she crossed her arms over her chest. It wasn't as angry sounding as it usually was but instead filled with annoyance and slight amusement. Out of all the girls in the school it seemed like it was her that got the full swing of his teasings. Was there something about her that made him just feel the need to be a jerk? Or was it just because she fought back almost just as hard?

With his word of okay, Miriah had led over to one of the benches and motioned for him to sit down before she pulled her purse close. Well it wasn't really a purse, more of a bag that she carried around to keep all of her stuff in but it filled the purpose that a purse would. She pulled out some stuff to clean the bruises and such with and told Aiden to stay still while she first attempted to clean the area that he had been punched at. When she was in the middle of cleaning the cuts she heard Aiden asked about Theodore being her lover boy or something along those lines. She sighed gently and lowered the thing she was using to clean his cut with before she gave him an odd stare. "Fine, since you admitted that you lied I might as well confess too. Theodore's not really my boyfriend. I used to have a silly little crush on him but he's been engaged for awhile now. I only said he was so....well so you wouldn't think I was a loser who couldn't get guys." Miriah admitted after a moment. As much as she didn't want didn't to tell him her secrets and such she unfortunately wanted to be as honest with him as he was to her. After awhile she had come to accept that she wasn't going to probably find a a guy for her ever and had give up on trying long ago.

Aiden smirked lightly when he saw that familiar frown on Miriah’s face when he referred to her as ‘bookworm.’ It was a nickname that stuck with her from the time they met almost and Aiden couldn’t see himself dropping the name anytime soon, it suited her and really she should be flattered that she had her own personal nickname; he normally didn’t give people personal nicknames, only ones that were extra special to him. When she retorted and gave Aiden her own nickname for him he chuckled lightly and shrugged, “Can’t deny the truth.” Normally being called a slacker wasn’t such a good thing but Aiden had to admit that he didn’t gave a damn about school, classes, homework, assignments, essays, exams – anything that involved him really doing any form of hard work; Aiden just wasn’t the studios type like Miriah. Then again he knew that at some point he would need to start picking up the slack in some of his classes for his last year would be starting pretty soon and he had no idea what he was going to do after Graduation. He didn’t want to become one of those people that did nothing after Graduation and became a bum. While he had no interest in school work whatsoever he did want to have a good life after school so maybe during the holidays he would actually sit and think about some job opportunities that would suit him, maybe he could talk to some of his family and get an idea about what they think would suit him; hopefully they actually take him serious because they had a tendency to laugh at him and make fun of his situation when he tried to be serious. When Miriah asked him if there was anyone else that he could harass at this he thought about it for a moments and shrug. “Sure there is.” he told her truthfully. “But I like giving you my special treatment.” he added with a small smirk and wink in her direction. “Everyone else gets boring after a while but you like to fight back so, really, I can’t just leave you alone. I like a challenge.” he finished. Miriah had always been one of the few who would actually fight back at him yet she had never gave up and kept on going so Aiden made her his special project of sorts to see how long someone could actually last with him constantly picking on them pretty much everyday.

Aiden let Miriah lead him over to one of the benches and he sat down looking at her to see what she was going to do. He watched her reach into that bag of hers that she had with her almost all the time until she pulled out a mixture of things. He didn’t know what the hell all the stuff was but it looked familiar from the stuff he saw in the hospital wing a few weeks ago after he got beat up by Miriah’s sister; that day still made him cringe – so he let Miriah do what she was going to do. It wasn’t often that he trusted anyone enough to let them get this close to him but if Miriah really wanted to kill Aiden he was sure that she would have done it by now – unless she had been secretly plotting it all this time and pulling him into a false sense of security but he knew by now his mind was just over reacting. At Miriah’s touch he jumped slightly and cringed at the feeling one got when they were getting cuts cleaned but he soon got used to it and relaxed, Miriah’s touch was soft so it was easy enough to relax. After he asked his question his sapphire orbs shoot up to see Miriah as she lowered the cleaning material for his cuts. He listened to her words and before he could get out the expected, Ha, I knew it sort of response he heard her reasoning for doing it. Giving her a curious look he said, “Um, okay. Since when do you care what I have to say or think, Miriah? Really after three years you’d think you knew me better than that.” he added a small chuckle to hopefully make the situation less awkward for Miriah as she clearly didn’t feel comfortable telling Aiden that. “But ew! You had a crush on Snowflake. Why?” he went back to his usual way of making fun of Theodore to further lighten the mood, hopefully.

Miriah snorted loudly when Aiden didn't bother to deny the truth. She find it really humorous that he knew that he was an idiot but didn't bother to change it for himself. It was pretty obvious that he could be really great if he applied himself in something other than messing around with girls all the time like he did. "You know you could actually do yourself some good if you spent more time studying and less time fooling around with girls." Miriah muttered as she flicked some of her dark brown hair out of her face and smirking at Aiden. This probably was going to be the last thing he wanted to do or hear but she didn't really care all that much. She was telling Aiden the truth. Her eyes shifted to look at him before she shook her head at the rest of his words. Just because she was a challenge and fought back he thought it was a good idea to bother all the damn time? One of these days she was doing to dig her hell into his leg and then see how much he liked a challenge. "You know what? Maybe I should transfer schools...then who are you going to bother the sanity out of?" Miriah asked with a roll of her ruby eyes. Really sometimes she figured that transferring was the only way she could really make a name for herself without having to to live up to her sister or worry about having to be beaten down mentally by people like Aiden. What had she really done to make him hate her so much? Sure he claimed that she was a challenge but it seemed deeper than that sometimes. A gentle breeze blew by and Miriah closed her eyes for a moment to just feel it brush against her face. One of these days she would be allowed to make her own way. She just needed to get out of this school first.

With a small shake of her head Miriah softly started to clean the rest of Aiden's cuts and such. "I'm already better at you than everything else, I might as well whoop you at getting into a relationship too." Miriah had to lie because she didn't really know why she cared so much. Possibly it was because Hadan was so good at the relationship she was in. Alyssa was happy with her boyfriend. And Aiden was just good with anything that involved woman and that area of his expertise. Miriah didn't want to be the loser that couldn't get a boyfriend anymore, sure she didn't want to be in love but she felt so unpopular these days. "Aiden..when you find that one heart that makes your heart skip a beat every time you see her..you'll understand what it was that made me like Theodore. Um hey...can I tell you something?" She looked at him directly in the eyes as her fingers grazed his cheek and the scratches that were located on that. She started quickly to clean them as she waited for Aiden to respond to her.

Aiden gave Miriah a curious look when she clearly snorted, giving no attempt to even hide her amusement at his revelation. Although he didn’t really expect anything else, from Miriah no less, he admitted that he was a slacker and if someone didn’t know any better it was almost like he took pride in this fact. Aiden knew it wasn’t something to be prideful off or even take lightly; it was actually a downright shame that he didn’t give a damn about any of his school work – he may not be that bright but he was smart enough to know when he was wrong and actually have to start taking a hold of his life. He knew that this time next year he would be getting ready to sit his NEWTs and would be graduating in a number of weeks and while that thought was scary for anyone at his stage of life; getting ready to leave school and go out of the big bad World, get a job, get married, start a family – at least that was the order he was brought up to know about; it wasn’t as scary for anyone else as much as it was for Aiden Lorka. While he always had a cool facade about him and never let anyone know that something was bugging him but deep down he was scared of Graduating because he had no job prospects set up for himself and he certainly didn’t do anywhere near well enough in school to even be considered a shop assistant. He knew something would have to change but he really couldn’t be bothered; he was too lazy to care. Aiden’s sapphire eyes rolled softly at Miriah’s comment. “Oh please. You know me well enough by now I’m sure to know that just ain’t going to happen.” he said shaking his head with his smirk clear on his face, a small laugh escaping from his lips. When Miriah fought back once again after his retort he was surprised that she even bothered to talk because by doing this she was only adding to the one thing that made him constantly bug the absolute hell out of her; she was almost as stubborn as he was. “Oh, you of course. I’d just have to transfer to the same school as you.” he said with a wink of his eye, he didn’t know if he’d go that far just to bother her but it was a tempting thought.

Now that the stinging of whatever Miriah was using to clean up Aiden’s cuts and such he began to feel a bit better, he couldn’t believe that he had gotten beaten up by a complete strange again in front of Miriah but he put that to the back of his mind, he just wasn’t going to make it look like it bugged him and hoped it would just go away. When Miriah told Aiden why she cared so much about what Aiden had to think about what she did or whom she saw he snorted out loud. “Wow. That was low Miriah.” he said, surprised with what she had just come out with. Although he couldn’t deny that she was better than him a most things but he wouldn’t say everything; schoolwork and books and stuff like that but Aiden did have his own kind of smarts. Aiden couldn’t help but feel a bit sorry for Miriah thought that she was so desperate to be in a relationship that she had to lie about it, Aiden still didn’t know why she felt the need to lie to him of all people but after she gave her reasoning he shrugged it off and forgot about it. The Gryffindor listened to what the Ravenclaw had to say about why she had chosen Theodore over all people to be her pretend boyfriend. He was surprised about her description, it sounded properly legit that she had feelings for him when she knew that he would out of bounds. Aiden felt sorry for that, he couldn’t relate because he never experienced feelings like that for anyone especially when he knew they could never be returned. “Yeah sure, what is it?” he said when Miriah asked if she could tell him something.

Miriah had to agree that it probably wasn't going to happen as long as Aiden was Aiden and there was nothing stopping him from doing it. For some reason this made her think of him living in a cardboard box on the side of the road or something of the sort thanks to his lack of interest in school. That would be a really funny site to see for Miriah. She always pictured Aiden always having the last laugh but if he didn't start doing better in school. "Do you ever intend to get a job or have a family? If so you need to do better in school..maybe get a tutor?" She would have offered herself but chances were that he wouldn't want to be taught by her and they would fight more then they would work. Maybe he should be tutored by someone who was a guy and wouldn't put up with his crap so Aiden wouldn't be able to get distracted and give the person an attitude. Her stubbornness would never allow her to give into him easily thats often what made their fights so long and brutal at times. One day she knew they would either tear each other apart of for once just give up and let it go. But it didn't look like that day was coming anytime soon. Her eyes locked onto Aiden when he told her that he would have to transfer to that school as well. Was it really that much fun to bother her and such? "Like I'd tell you where I'd transfer too. I'd be gone for months before you even noticed." Miriah winked before she flicked some of her brunette hair away from her snowy pale skin and face, she looked like an absolute beauty in this light but her attitude sort of stunk right now. Sometimes she wondered how people can consider her and Hadan to be twins when Miriah was so much less prettier than Hadan was. Miriah made sure she looked okay but she never tried a lot to look good or impress people because in the end it would not matter. Miriah would probably not find her soulmate for a long time and such so she figured she was okay to just focus on other things. It wasn't like any any guys in this school would be interested in her anyways.

Miriah finished cleaning Aiden's cuts and sat down next to him and sighed before she brushed a lock of her hair around her ear. "The whole reason I got into the whole book and smarts thing was because of my sister. I...uh..well I've sort of lived in her shadow all my life and being really smart was about the only thing I was better at then her." Miriah started off slowly. She was telling Aiden her deepest secret and she hoped that he was okay to accept it and wouldn't make fun of her. Maybe she would tell him more if he was willing and wanted to. In a way it almost felt right to be telling him over anyone else. She didn't really have any other friends or people she liked all that much except Joceline, Theodore, and her sister. No wonder she had like no friends.

Aiden listened to Miriah and instantly snorted at the idea of it. This was Aiden Lorka for crying out loud, known well for a few things, the main ones being; not doing well in class, being a bully and a ladies’ man. He knew that those three things would probably get him nowhere in life but they were what made him, well him and while he was aware that they weren’t the most pleasant of features in a person he was too stubborn to actually go about and change himself. “Yeah, sometime I suppose. But really Miriah, I’m too young to be thinking things like that, especially a family.” In fact Aiden never really saw himself being a husband or a father, it just wasn’t like him. He was more of a ladies’ man than a one woman man, where was the fun in that? Sure at one point he thought he was in love but he was far too young at that time for it to be real love, no one was in love when they were twelve. “And sure I’ve thought of a tutor, but who would want to tutor me? You?” he asked, rhetorically, with a laugh. Whomever would be silly enough to tutor Aiden would have to be stupid or not know him because anyone that knew him would know they he was a hopeless case and they would be fighting a losing battle for Aiden would never actually study and just give his tutor a living hell so he wouldn’t have to do it anymore. When Miriah faced Aiden with the situation where she wouldn’t tell him where she transferred and that he wouldn’t notice until she was gone for months, Aiden simply shook his head. “I have my sources Miriah.” he told her with a wink. “Remember I found out you came here.” he reminded her, it wasn’t really that hard to find out when you knew who to ask. “And trust me, I would realise you were missing when I didn’t have my favourite person to torture around all the time.” he told her slyly, surely she knew by now that after making his personal task to find her everyday and bug her at least once after he found her. Although Aiden had to admit that he appreciated Miriahs attempt to try and be one step ahead of him in this ‘game.’ That was one of things he admired about her, she wasn’t one to back down to easily and while their stubborn attitudes made them bang heads almost all the time it was something he admired because she gave him some fun and not just an easy target like everyone else he encountered.

When Miriah sat down he figured she was done and as he felt a few of his cuts he had to admit they didn’t seem as bad as they were previously, Miriah continued to surprise him because he wasn’t aware she was any good at healing; to be fair he didn’t know a lot about her. Shifting slightly he moved so he could face her now that she was sitting beside him. He wondered what she wanted to tell him because they never told each other anything personal so he was fully expecting some sort of snide remark. He was of course mistaken when he heard what she had to say. He didn’t know what it was like to live in the shadow of someone, he didn’t have any older brothers or sisters, the closest he had was cousins but he was never bothered about people’s opinion of him and he was his own person, not what people wanted or expected him to be. Aiden was amazed that Miriah was telling him this; then again he had opened a bit to her so maybe she thought it was alright for her to do the same. He didn’t know what to say because he was never any good in these type of situations. And how’s that working out for you? No that’s not good he thought to himself. “Uhh…” his mind had went blank with anything to say. “I suppose that might have worked but you shouldn’t make yourself something you’re not because you think it’ll make people like you. That’s sorta silly.” he told her. He knew people didn’t like him but he always remained true to himself because it’s who he was and if people didn’t like him for that then they weren’t worth his time.

Miriah stretched her leg out to examine the hole that was in her jeans carefully for a moment since she was now done cleaning Aiden's cuts and was sitting next to him now. It was a fairly big tear which meant that either she was going to need to fix them with magic or she was going to need to throw them away. Such a pity since they were one of her favorite pairs of pants ever. Miriah turned her face to look back at Aiden before she rolled her eyes. He was known as the bully and the ladies' man of Hogwarts so she shouldn't expect anything more from him then he already showed her during the past couple of years. "Then again...what woman in her right mind would want to marry and start a family with you?" Miriah stated before she snorted softly. He didn't seem like the type to ever be married or have a child so maybe even trying to think of him of having a family was crossing the line a little. She would have felt bad for saying that last part to him but from what she could tell he liked too many girls to settle down, and any woman that was smart wouldn't put up with that sort of thing. Miriah shifted in her seat a little as she rolled her her pant-leg to look at the scratched knee before she scoffed and rolled it back down. It was a bot sore but nothing she couldn't handle. Then the topic of a tutor came up and Miriah smirked just so slightly. She knew just about everything there was to know about school so it would be a breeze. She brushed a hand out of eyes before she bit her lip and thought about whether or not she wanted to tell him. "If you really want a Tutor Aiden, I don't mind tutoring you." Miriah said softly as her head turned to look at Aiden carefully. She wasn't sure if he was going to accept or not but she knew that she had at least offered him a chance. Though it was probably a mistake to to do. He didn't pay attention enough as it was so chances were that getting him to focus were slim to none. But she could try. Even if they didn't get along it was hard for her to watch someone slack off so much. He would thank her for it later. Right now was probably the most normal Conversation Miriah ever found herself having with Aiden. It was nice but weird, she wondered how long it would last.

"Awh, it almost sounds like you would miss me. Psh, you would find a new victim. Trust me." Miriah almost sounded like a girly girl for the first part of the sentence except with a twinge of sarcasm and anger. But the last part sounded like her normal self completely. She knew that Aiden didn't miss her ever and probably didn't care where she went or why she had left in the first place. In fact around the time she left she was pretty sure Aiden might have been having an awful good time with some chick she barely knew. Aiden's advice to her last part sounded weird but at the same time helpful because it was something that was truthful. How was it that Aiden was even able to say this to her? "I'm not doing it make people like me, I do the things I want to do because it makes me happy. But..no one really likes me anyways. I don't mind being alone though..less people to step on you later." Miriah shrugged her shoulders and replied under her breath. This was very personal so she hoped Aiden would not go around spreading this. Why she was telling him she wasn't sure, maybe he was just someone to get her feelings out to?

Aiden saw Miriah look down at her out stretched leg remembering that he wasn’t the only one that he suffered injuries today, he knew that she wasn’t as bad as him but hoped that she was alright. For a moment he thought he was going soft but she had healed him up and she wouldn’t have been running and then tripped over that rock if it wasn’t for him so he let the alien feelings towards anyone bar Giselle slide for now. Aiden shifted his eyes from where Miriah was looking to back to her face as she cast her eyes on him. He couldn’t help but feel somewhat proud of her next comment, as if he had some sort of part to play in just how snide she could be when it came to insulting people; more so him. When she snorted after her own comment he wondered if she enjoyed picking on him as much as he did to her; why else would she seem proud of her comment to him which was a clear insult. “Low blow, Miriah but kudos.” he said with a laugh. He had long since learned to laugh at his own expense, in most cases – like this one for example. He knew who he was and if he was going to get annoyed or angry every time someone made a cheap shot about things that people would take as insults then he would have a lot more enemies than he already had; so he just laughed them off for he knew that they were true so there was no point getting angry or upset over it. Aiden saw Miriah pull back her torn trouser leg he saw the scratch on her knee and out of instinct cringed slightly but figured that she was alright considering she scoffed it away as if it were nothing. When Miriah answered his question and said that she would actually tutor him – he did not expect that. “Wow, really?” Was all he could say as he was still in shock that she agreed to it. “That’s awful nice of you but…” he was about to reject the offer but then he thought that it might not just be a bad idea even though he wouldn’t be very keen on it. “I’ll think about it.” he told her, meaning it left it open for him if he were to bring her up on it sometime during their NEWT year because he knew just how bad it was going to be even for him because he knew there was no way out of doing them.

Not it was Aiden’s turn to scoff at Miriah’s comment and rolled it sapphire blue eyes. “Sounds like it, Miriah but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s true.” he told her, his voice as smooth as silk. He couldn’t help but sound almost sly with a hint of flirtation in situations like this with Miriah; it came so natural to him. He knew that Miriah wasn’t speaking a word of a lie; he would miss her because he had yet to find someone that intrigued him as much as she did. Sure he had met many interesting girls and they were good for a while but they never held his interest as long as Miriah had done. Also it was no doubt that he would find a new victim, he would find many but they would just be something that he would throw aside when he was done with them, nothing substantial. Aiden listened to what Miriah was saying and noticeably frowned. He couldn’t help but feel sorry for the ruby eyed girl beside him. For knowing how for so long he didn’t know she felt this way about things, he was really seeing her in a new light. “Aw jeze, Miriah.” his voice sounded somewhat softer and more sincere. “You can’t say that, I’m sure that’s not true. In fact, I know it’s not true.” he said with a slight smirk, wondering if she was at all curious as to what he meant.

Miriah almost appreciated that Aiden have given her a kudos for her comment to, almost. To be honest she actually felt a little bad that she had even thought about saying that to Aiden. "You know what? Sorry I even said that..." she rubbed the back of her neck sorely as she tried to cover up the fact that she felt embarrassed that she would really strike that low at someone. Miriah didn't really have much room to talk when she herself was probably never going to find a guy that wanted to marry her so she shouldn't poke fun at someone who was probably in the same boat as she was. He didn't seem to be that affected by what she said but then again she did know guys were sometimes good at covering stuff up. Or rather hide their emotions. Miriah sometimes was able to cover them up herself, she rarely ever cried or showed when she was upset. But there were times that she slipped and allowed a few tears to escape. Crying was probably her biggest annoyance though because it made her feel like crap and look like a baby. Shifting slightly Miriah stood up from she was sitting and stood in front of Aiden, this was probably the only time she'd ever be even slightly taller than him because once he stood up he would tower over her. Despite this she wasn't the least bit afraid of him. No matter what he said or did she would always fight back and never let him get the best of her. With sparkling ruby eyes she stared down at him. It sounded like he was about to turn her offer down but then he said he'd think about it. This made Miriah smile softly at him. "Then again you might want to ask the Professors, they might have a better Tutor in mind for you. But if I help you...I want you to help me with something." She shrugged her shoulders softly. Chances were that of she taught him they would do nothing but fight and argue with one another. But if it would help him pass the NEWT's and get him out of her face faster then she wouldn't mind so much. Then again did she really want him to leave all that much? She kind of liked having someone to bother and stuff. Aiden was really the only person at this school besides her sister to talk to her and she would miss having someone actually bother to seek her out everyday.

"Awwh come on, admit it. You'd miss me!" Miriah nudged Aiden's shoulder as she replied playfully. She knew he wouldn't miss her but she was having a fun time harassing him about it regardless. It was fun to have to someone to joke around with. For a moment she was tempted to ask him if he could teach her better skills at Quidditch because she wanted to get better. Maybe she wanted to try out for a Professional team someday, she really like the sport but preferred that not everyone know about her fondness for it. In fact she had told no one else that she intended to try out for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team next year. Miriah almost smiled but instead she raised a perfect eyebrow at Aiden before she almost blushed lightly. "How do you know that it's not true? I'm pretty sure no one but my sister really does." She couldn't help but become curiously. He said that he knew it wasn't true that no one else liked her. She was very curious about what he meant. Was there actually some other human out there other than her family to actually care about her and what happened to her and such? Whoever there was she needed to give them a really big hug for making her day...almost. Those treats in her shopping bag would probably help a little too.

Aiden raised his eyebrow as he looked at Miriah with questionable eyes. She was apologising for one of her comebacks at him and one of her better ones he had to admit. In the past three or so years Aiden had never once heard her apologising for something she had said because most of the time if not always – he deserved what he got and now was one of those moments. “Alright...” he trailed off. He wanted to ask her if she was feeling alright, maybe she hit her head too when she fell but he decided to just leave it, he could be on to a good thing with her and he didn’t want to ruin it by not knowing when to shut up. It was strange actually. He really enjoyed having Miriah to bug the living daylights out off but it was nice to just talk to her without any maliciousness in his words and not setting out to hurt her. The fact that she was telling him some big things showed that right now he didn’t want to be the bully he always was around her when he so easily could, he had so much to use against her now if he did; but he didn’t. He just couldn’t find it in his heart to get at her about the things that she was telling him now. These things were personal and clearly meant a lot to her whereas he was just used to teasing her about silly little things about her love for books, but never anything that would ever really upset her...at least he hoped he didn’t. Normally he would tease and bully anyone about anything and not care how it affected them but he never wanted to be really mean to Miriah as he only did those things just so she would notice him as she was the only girl that ever turned him down, not because he really wanted to be mean to her – even though it changed a lot over time. Aiden raised his eyes when Miriah stood up. Listening to what he said he shrugged, he really didn’t care about having a tutor or not but he wouldn’t mind it being Miriah compared to anyone else. When she said that if she were to help him then he had to help her he raised his eyes, he was intrigued. Standing up so he wouldn’t have to look up at her, he asked, “And what would you have me help you with? It’s not like I’m good at anything.” he reminded her, unless she wanted tips at bullying and flirting which he highly doubted.

When Miriah nudged him and told him to admit that he’d miss her, the Gryffindor rolled his sapphire blue eyes. “Alright, maybe I would.” he finally admitted. “But just a bit...until I found a new target.” he added nonchalantly. He didn’t really know if he was just lying to himself now. A while ago if he was asked that he would have gave the same answer and had no shadow of a doubt that he was telling the truth but in the past few minutes or however long he and Miriah had been talking he began to question himself. He had told her things that he hadn’t told anyone before and she likewise. He began to wonder if maybe, just maybe, that they could actually make it almost a full day with a civil tongue to each other, it would be different but Aiden honestly didn’t mind. When Miriah questioned how he knew that what she said wasn’t true he let his eyes roll again and let a small sigh escape his lips. “Well I know it’s not true because I...well I wouldn’t go as far as to say like you but you’re not too bad after a while.” he said, for some reason feeling very awkward as he shuffled in his spot.

"Lies I happen to know that your a really good Quidditch Player. And thats what I want from you...teach me some more Quidditch skills. I want to try out for the team next year." Miriah told Aiden carefully as her eyes locked onto him with the intensity of a hawk. She had seen him play before and he was indeed really good at the game. It made her wish she was better at it so maybe she had a better chance at getting on the team. The brunette figured that maybe if she tutored him and treated him a little bit better than she usually treated him then maybe he would want to help her out. Aiden probably had a lot of talents that she didn't know about. Because the only three she knew about was Quidditch, flirting, and being a jerk to every girl he sees. There had to be more to him than that. Just like she was pretty sure that Aiden didn't and would never know everything there was about her. Like how she really liked sports but never had the reason to go out and play them on a team or anything. That she loved junk food and probably ate a piece of candy or a sweet once a day, if she didn't then she usually didn't function as well. Or even how she thought that a night just cuddling in bed with the guy you adored was so much more romantic than going out to dinner. Miriah didn't intend for him to ever find out these things either. Enemies weren't supposed to really know much each others personal lives. Miriah was fearful that he would go off and tell people or make fun of her. She had a lot of weird fears and dislikes too. She just wasn't a normal typical girl.

"Thought so. Well I wouldn't miss you at all, if that makes you feel any better." Miriah told Aiden with a small snort. She assumed she was telling him the complete truth because without him around she wouldn't have to keep her guard up all the time, or worry about him ruining her life with every single thing she did or told him. Any female at this school was pretty much free game to him and Miriah didn't want to end up as another one of those girls that he just screwed around because he felt that he could. She was going to keep away from Aiden. She would never be his and she would make sure of that. Miriah was saving her heart for that one guy out there that could keep her happy and make her feel loved. Obviously that guy wasn't at Hogwarts though. "Right. Do you tell that to all the girls you flirt with?" Miriah asked him with a roll of her ruby eyes. Then she crossed her arms over his chest and let her gaze lock onto a bush that was nearby. She didn't like being one of those girls. She would have preferred to be just like she was now. Treated differently by Aiden then be like all the others.

Aiden was taken aback by Miriah’s immediate call of him telling lies. Aiden was known for telling a few fibs here and there when the moment called for it but now was not one of those times, he really was no good at anything that Miriah might want. He was good a few things but he highly doubted that Miriah would be interested in learning any of the skills he had to offer her. When she mentioned that he was a good Quidditch Player he shrugged his shoulders. He had been on the Durmstrang team for a few years now and his Beater skills were really top notch as he had been able to knock out his fair share older Durmstrang students with the additional force behind his hit combined with the bludger itself. His Chaser skills had also improved as he had asked to alternate for a few matches in his previous years and another Beater had been called in. What he didn’t get though was why Miriah had brought it up. She honestly didn’t seem like the type of person that struck his as a Quidditch player or someone that was very active at all. Then again he supposed it wasn’t a fair conclusion to make on someone that he knew but didn’t really know. When she told him that she wanted to try out for the team next year he smiled a bit, nodding his head in approval. “You’re a sly one, keeping that from me.” he said with a small smirk as he really had no idea that Miriah was interested in Quidditch. In all honesty he couldn’t wait until next year when he could try out for the Quidditch team again seeing as he arrived too late to try out for this year’s team; he wondered who the Captain would be next year now that Andy was graduating this year. “But of course I will. The fact that I can do something you want is something big so I’m not going to pass it down.” he said with a small smirk, even if they weren’t exactly what they were last time he felt the need to keep some part of their old relationship alive as if it wasn’t for that then they probably wouldn’t be where they were at right now.

Aiden wasn’t highly surprised when Miriah said that she wouldn’t miss him at all. In fact he would be worried if she would miss him even the slightest because he wasn’t exactly the nicest person to her so unless she had a thing for being bullied everyday of his life she had every right to not miss him as far as he was aware. He didn’t even mind that he had told Miriah that he would sort of miss her and she didn’t return the feelings but he had told her that he would get over it which he was sure he would if they were ever to go separate paths and not meet again, which was likely to happen after Graduation for he was sure Miriah would have her choice of jobs to choose from whereas he would have slim pickings to choose from and would be lucky to get even that. When Miriah didn’t seem to believe him when he told her that he liked her, well in a round-about way at least he snorted lightly. “Yes I do. But since when do I flirt with you Miriah?” he asked her with a smirk, what he did wouldn’t really constitute as flirting, even though he had tried it on her before.

Miriah almost smirked when she saw that it looked as if Aiden was surprised that she was good at Quidditch at all. He was probably the only person in the entire school besides her sister who knew. Hopefully next year she had the chance to try out so she could show even more people how it was done. But the brunette had seen Aiden play before and he was amazingly skilled at it, especially the Beater Position. Since they had both gone to Durmstrang for quite some time and Miriah attended games all the time she had seen him place often. How he was able to posses that much skill while flying around with one of those bats was against her but she thought it was pretty cool. From whats he had seen, Theodore was a really good Beater too. "Of course I would keep it from you, I like my privacy." Miriah winked softly at him. She wasn't going to tell him that he was like the only person to know this either. Why float his ego that he knew something about her that no one else did. They were sort of enemies anyways so it would probably be weird if people saw them starting to get along and tell each other everything. Even if it was really easy to tell him just about anything she had on her mind. "Really? Wow thanks! I only need some brushing up on my Chaser skills, I was tempted to go for Keeper but I think that Position would bother me for some reason." Miriah fiddled with the cuff of her sleeve as she tried to explain to Aiden what she wanted to learn and what she wasn't really looking forward to learning. She had no idea if he was good at being a Keeper. He seemed good at everything related to that sport. Seeker was another Position that Miriah wasn't really that fond of, stupid little ball looked too annoying to chase after. Hopefully she would even have a chance to make it on the team next year, she really thought she could do it. She was asking Aiden for help so that had to be proof that she was desperate.

"I kind of thought you flirted with anything that was living and a female? Or have I been getting the wrong impression here?" Miriah roll her eyes as she brushed some of her brown out of her face. She was pretty sure that her assumptions on Aiden and his reason for flirting was pretty correct. The part that really made her feel a little gross was how most of the girls he tried to flirt against were stupid enough to fall for his tricks and then left in the dust. You think after watching one girl get destroyed they would all follow suit but they didn't seem to notice at all. Once a Cheater always a cheater or so she had heard. "I don't even see why you try to hook up with girls all the time." Her voice had mild sarcasm in it but she was still very curious to see what he would say. Miriah had known that he was a convicted pervert for like the longest time but what she didn't know was why he did what he did.

Aiden wondered why it had taken him and Miriah so long to actually just sit down and talk like the two human beings they were – it actually wasn’t as painful as he thought it would have been first of all, it was almost somewhat...enjoyable? He knew that there was always first times for everything and this was definitely one of those times and while Aiden was often sceptical of trying new things he was beginning to like to this one and kinda hoped that it wouldn’t just be a one of thing. While he enjoyed trying to make Miriah’s life a living hell he figured that this was good too. When Miriah explained why she had kept the fact that she liked Quidditch from him he couldn’t help but snort at it. “Fair enough. Although if you had told me before I would have had more time to try and help you.” he said with a small smirk. Then again he didn’t know how good or just how bad she was at Quidditch so he didn’t know if he would have needed extra time to make her good enough to get on to the Ravenclaw house team. From what he could remember she never played at Durmstrang but he figured only time would tell to see just how good she was. He found it weird that she seemed surprised that he would actually help her out with her Quidditch skills. Aiden wasn’t really that bad of a guy and if Miriah was going to help him out with something that potentially would help him out a lot in the future he figured that helping Miriah out with something that meant something to her was only fair. He nodded his head as she went on to explain what she needed help with. “I can do that. For Chaser skills it’s mostly about your speed and agility plus a bit of aiming and working on your throw.” he explained, going off what he knew from his Chaser experience. “I agree with the Keeper position though, that and seeker are just two positions that I stay well away from.” he highly disliked those two positions and never attempted to have a go at them.

He really thought it was amusing how Miriah continued to throw low punches at him when they were getting along but he honestly didn’t mind, it wouldn’t be right if they were completely nice to each other, it would be too weird. “No you’re pretty much on the ball. Although I do have a certain standard and an age limit that I work with.” he said with a small chuckle. The girls did have to be relatively pretty and he wouldn’t go anywhere near a girl that was more than five or six years older than him, that would be too much. “Anyway, as far as I remember I did try and flirt with you but you were too interesting to be just another girl that I forgot about almost as soon as I started with her. So I stopped my flirting attempts just so I could be sure to keep you close for whenever I wanted a bit of fun. Although I honestly didn’t think it would have lasted this long.” he said shaking his head with a laugh, when he started to bug and annoy Miriah he figured she would have cracked after a month at the most but three years must have been some sort of record. When Miriah said that she didn’t get why he hooked up with so many girls he shrugged his shoulders. “Neither do I. It’s just something I’ve done and has become like second nature to me. Maybe I’m subconsciously trying to find “the one.” he said, using air quotes, as he laughed at just how ridiculous it sounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back