Saving Grace

Iris Margera

OOC First Name
Madz
All of the Margera were under one roof,so basically all of her daughters again where reunited after a stretch of time of not seeing each other had put them together again. Unfortunately the circumstances to this reunion was nothing light. Jackson funereal happen yesterday, the awake was Saturday, the funeral Sunday morning. Many relative came by floo powder network, she certain the ministry was busy the late of hours when the day the awake arrive. So many came from North Dakota, they brought food to help out and lend a helping hand so it be less stressful on the family.

It really did felt like a tribe, everyone helping out in their time of need. Iris was so bless to be apart of the Sioux's family. She hadn't count on that much support when a terrible time like this she needed all of the support she make do with. She remind herself to give grace to mother nature later on in the week.

It was Monday now, Monday evening to be exact. Everything was gone, left overs were freshly pack in the fridge, and so many letters were piling up right on the kitchen counter. She hadn't touch one yet, but one of them was from Hogwarts, and as much as she was keeping away to give Madlyn some alone time, she grab the envelope to give to her daughter. Walking down the stairs of her home, Madlyn was laying down on her bed, curled up like a ball. She hate to wake her up, though the letter seem important, "Madlyn are you asleep baby? I got a letter here for you" she set it on her side table, where she manifest a cup of pumpkin juice and cookies for her to enjoy. "It's been quite a few days since you last ate anything, come on enjoy some juice" her mom persuaded to say, she say anything to get her mood going.

She hadn't really been sleeping, though she close her eyes as soon as mother arrived. Madlyn been keeping away from the rest of the family, though her mother respected her wishes till now, she could see she could not neglect doing nothing anymore. Opening her eyes, she felt hasty to move. "Had another nightmare again,it's been the same one for days" she pull back her woolly knit covers and pushed on her palm to sit up. She look like poop, felt like poop. She will not argue with her mom about bothering her, she could imagine she look like hell.

"Anything from Briar?" her dark pool of hues glance at the letter, just that one from Hogwarts and nothing more. It couldn't be from Briar, the girl hand writing would be recognize at first look. She sighed shaking her head, Briar never came home. She must be blaming herself, she regret what she said that day in the forest. If only she could take it back, everything would be a bit alright, now Briar's gone and there was no way to find her.

Iris patted Madlyn's shoulder, "Maybe if you use your dream catcher you wouldn't be having such disturbing dreams" with her wand out she pointed at the dream catcher loop around the door handle, she set above Madlyn's bad. It was the last of many few ones Jackson made for her. she sure he would like it more right above her bed than occupying some door handle.
----------"No nothing from Briar, I've asked around and let those we know that were looking for her." having heard nothing from the rumor mill, she would have to take upon herself to go searching for the missing girl. "For now let's see what Hogwarts have sent you" she grip the envelope and slid it over to Madlyn, one way or another the letter will have to get open. She wish for good news, something to cheer Madlyn up, she hate seeing her in such a state in which she could not care for herself. "Maybe it will cheer you up!" she persist.

Madlyn ignored the dream catcher, she was losing faith in it's power. She grip the letter from her mother, letting out a heavy sighed. Her mom was most enthusiastic than Madlyn, poor woman was caring the burden for everyone here. Doesn't matter it's not like dad coming back. She tear open the letter, a roll of parchment fell off along with a shiny pin badge. Picking up the letter, she unravel and read it out loud.

-----Dear Miss Margera
Because of your grades and achievements in doing well in school, we are hereby
promoting you to Perfect Status in the following school year. Keep up the good work as always!
See you next school year !

-----Hogwarts School of Witch and Wizardy

Her mom hug her tightly proud in the effort she made, Madlyn respond hardly match the woman. She hug her back, lightly letting out a soft sob. "I said something horrible before he died and now I'm regretting..." the letter did nothing but recall her of time when she was at the Hospital Wing with Briar. "I'm so sorry mom, it's my fault he's gone and Briar left us, I don't even want to return to school this year" she cried moving onto her pillow, her mom was to small to lend a shoulder to cry on.

Iris was so proud of her daughter, it was to bad she wasn't taking in the same way. "Oh dear don't beat yourself down for what could've been just an innocent rant" she lean down and rub her daughter's back side. "It's human nature to make mistakes, and in life we all make mistakes. Trust me I should know" she spoke softly. "I know when I was your age I made plenty, but for the mistakes I've made I learn something new and I value the lesson" she squeeze her shoulder, whatever it was if it hadn't been said here than it wasn't meant for to hear.
- - - -"Now why don't you drink some pumpkin juice and enjoy your favorite sugar cookies" she pick the goblet of pumpkin juice and hand it over to Madlyn. "Eat, drink and be merry. It's what your father always said"
she gave her a kiss on the forehead and left her to sort out on her own. iris was a busy woman as always, and Jackie being the youngest was coming home soon from a friend's house.

Madlyn sat up once more, she took the goblet of juice and took a few sips. When her mom left her to be, she sat the goblet down. She really wasn't feeling it right now, and her mom forcing her to drink wasn't helping at all. glad to have her out of her hair for a while, she slump right back into her pillow. A few sets of fresh tears came steaming down her face. For a while she sat there crying, it made her feel good inside. Holding in it will make her more depress, she was alright letting it all out. Kinda like therapy for her soul, she cried her self to sleep that night....

Few Weeks Later

No word from Briar yet, Madlyn was beginning to get extremely worried. So was her mom, constantly she was asking Madlyn to check if any owl came while they were busy working the farm. None, she would return disappointed at the Gryffindor girl. "None mom, I think she forgot about us" her mood sour, she started to stack the hay harshly, irritated Briar would no contact them at all. Maybe we should forget about her, she thought annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back