OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was having an interesting semester- kinda. From an odd encounter with William to unexpectedly cheering up Abian, she was interacting more with others this semester. It wasn't entirely unpleasant. She just wasn't used to it. She was on her way to check in on her brother, lost in thought, when she accidentally ran into a slightly shorter student. "Oh! I'm sorry." She apologized, taking a step back.

Kace bounces up and down the corridor like he always did when boredom struck and he was looking for something to do. He thought of paying Wendy and Elliot a visit to see what they were up to, his mind could use a distraction. As he turns the hallway, Kace collided with another, instincts pulled him back with his hands stretched out. "Whoa! Aye, where the fire at?" Kace grins, naturally he wasn't all to bother by it.

Amaya rubbed her neck. "I did say I'm sorry," She pointed out lightly. "I was thinking about my brother and I didn't mean to run into you." She shrugged, sticking her hands in her pockets. "You're American? What brings you to this side of the world?" She asked, curious. There were always a lot of reasons to travel. Family in the area, perhaps? Her mind swirled with the possibilities as she waited for his answer.

Kace shrugs, "It's cool, no biggie. Except, if you had stepped on my kicks then you would've owed me a new pair," Kace smirks. He nodded to her question, "Yup, the New York accent is thick on me," Kace laughs. "My pops transfers his job here and he brought me along. It's nothing like the city, but you don't have to be too careful. The no-majs in New York are mad nosey," Kace laughs, his fingers brush over his nose. He was a little itchy. "Does your brother go to this school?"

Amaya smiled a little. The kid was... energetic, she'd give him that. "I suppose I would," She conceded, hugging her notebook to her chest. She was intrigued by that, and by the way he spoke. It was so different. She listened as he explained. "That's understandable." She smiled softly. He was easy to talk to. "No-maj are muggles, correct?" She inquired. "Yes, he's in Gryffindor. Jasper." She told him. "Do you have any family in the school?"

Kace nodded while rocking on his heels, "Yup, that's what we call them back home or a square around my way. Don't tell them that or else you might get something that's called a cigarette. Those rot your teeth," Kace explains making a face. He hated those things, he can't get away from them in the city unless he was home. The air quality was much richer here compare to the city. "I have seen him around," Kace shook his head. "Nah, except for my friend Wendy, I'm an only child."

Amaya raised a brow. "I'm familiar with cigarettes." She smiled a bit. "No one in my family, thankfully, but it's common at the docks." She thought over what he said a moment. "Well, I might be wrong, but are you a second year as well?" She sighed as he said he was an only child. "I bet that's nice. I have my younger brother and an older sister at another school. We're all too independent to really get along well." She grimaced at the thought. Her family was too big.

Kace nodded with a grin, "Yeah I am, was sorted last year into Gryffindor!" Kace boasted proudly. At first, he didn't know what that meant or hadn't really thought much of the houses differences until this year around. He beginning to notice the similarity between him and his housemates, despite having all come up from different backgrounds. He thought that was cool, it didn't mean he though Gryffindor was the better house. "It's alright....I still get into arguments with Jenny. She looks after me," Kace shrugs. She was his nanny, he didn't want to tell her all that. "Are you gonna go see your brother, he might be waiting for you."

Amaya smiled a bit at the boys enthusiasm. There was something to be said for his house pride, she supposed. She listened as he told her he still argued with the woman that looked after him. Hm, that was interesting. Perhaps arguing with those you spent the most time with was natural.

Amaya paused as he asked if she was going to see her brother. "Oh, yes. Jasper." She wanted to stay and talk with Kace, buy she didn't want to keep the pest waiting too long. "I suppose you're right." She smiled and put out her hand. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Kace. And I am sorry for bumping into you."

Kace slapped her hand like some of his friends did back home in the city, smiling broadly ever so big. "Oh yeah, no doubt! Catch you around erm, what's your name again?" Kace doesn't recall asking for a name, he inquired so before she took off. This castle so huge, there no telling when he will see the girl again. If by chance he saw her again, he'd actually be lucky to remember her name. Kace has a habit of shortening or making nicknames up for most of his friends.

Amaya raised a brow as he slapped her hand. That was odd. He seemed jovial enough about it, so she didn't think he meant any harm by it. "Amethyst." She found herself telling him her full name. She cringed a little as she said it. She still hated her full name. "Amaya," She quickly corrected. "I prefer Amaya." She told him. "Maybe we'll see each other around." She hoped a bit. He was interesting. She wanted to speak to him more, but it would have to wait until another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back