Runaway

Drakon Katsaros

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Unyielding Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
[adminapproval=30531116]
Drakon had a lot to consider, since he heard that his sister was back in the country. Drakon remembered that terrible night when she murdered his family, except with a few members. He was supposed to have died back then. Yet, here he was, with a family and a beautiful wife. But what he was doing now was for the best. He waved his wand and all of his clothing and belongings packed themselves away in a single suitcase. He groaned but he knew that if he stuck around for long, he would have no choice but to put his wife and loved ones in danger of Anastasia. He did not want to chance that with Athena. With a heavy heart, he took off his wedding band, and placed it on the nightstand, and a well-written note to leave to her. Drakon frowned, hating himself for running. But, he did not want Athena to suffer at the hands of his sister. Drakon left the bedroom, slamming the door closed. The note, however, flew from the nightstand, wedging itself in the crack between the wall and the stand. He left his wife and family, going on the run. Not even the Scitorari would be able to find him.

Several months passed...

Kamaria Zhefarovich ushered her two children, both older than Athena's. Kamaria told her two, Katia and Corvus, "Be on your best behavior. Aunt Athena is going through some stuff, and your father couldn't watch you today. Your grandfather is conveniently away right now. He can't watch you. Play nicely, is that understood?" Katia nodded while Corvus appeared to be a little more preoccupied with staring at his shoes. Kamaria shrugged her shoulders as she knocked twice before opening the door. With Athena still taking care of an infant, Kamaria did not want her to apparate or travel too far, like to her own home. Kamaria did wonder how her brothers were doing, but for now, it was sister time. They were here to support Athena. Kamaria herself just went through a nasty divorce so she was definitely in a similar boat as her younger sister. Was it a curse? Katia and Corvus stayed right at their mother's side, while Kamaria called out, "Athena? I'm here!" Kamaria ushered her two to the couch, where they sat down. Katia immediately pulled out a book while Corvus played with his toy dragon.

Hearing her sister's voice and the sound of little Axel running down the hall, Athena sighed, knowing it was time to get herself and Levi up and out of her room. The woman had been worn down by worry, frustration, and anger, weight she couldn't afford to lose gone to her worries. No one who knew Drakon seemed to know where her husband was. He'd effectively disappeared, and all Athena wanted to know was why. They had been living the perfect life, or so she'd believed though she knew now it meant nothing to him. Their family meant nothing to him and once the tears had been spent, that is what she had latched onto. That this man had up and left not only her but also two perfect children and that made her angry. There could be no other explanation in her mind. Entering the living room, Athena set Levi down where he crawled over to his cousin and brother. She shook her head before Kamaria could ask. "No, nothing" she said softly as she settled onto the couch. She stared at her sister, wondering if her father had given Kamaria an update to pass on. He'd promised to look for Drakon, and she knew her father wouldn't fail her. He never had before.

Kamaria finally saw Athena emerge with her nephews. All she wanted to do was to tell her that they found Drakon, or even better, Drakon's body. But, that was not the case. Maybe she heard something? She was about to ask, but Athena beat her to the punch. She frowned and placed a slender hand to her forehead. "Father is searching for him, but I think it is almost time to make things official. You know, a divorce." Kamaria hated having to be so forward like that, but she didn't think that she would have a choice but to be blunt to her baby sister. Kamaria shrugged her shoulders, before offering, "Actually, Leviathan and I were talking, and we agree that it might be best if you, maybe, stayed with me? I'm already watching our half-siblings while dad is gone, so what do you say?" Kamaria did not want her sister to be alone. Kamaria went to find her brother when she went through her divorce, and she picked up the pieces and found herself back on the market. It took a little while, but Athena's situation was a little worse than simple disagreements that could not be worked out. She was abandoned completely. Kamaria would be raising hell if that happened to her.

Athena watched her oldest son as he grabbed his own dragon to play with his cousin. He looked so much like his father, and it pained her to see those familiar features in her son. Looking sharply at her sister as she mentioned a divorce, Athena narrowed her eyes as she continued to listen. Hearing that the twins had been discussing her and her situation no doubt made her angrier at Drakon. He'd done this to them. To her. "No" she said bluntly. In spite of her anger, a part of her couldn't help but hope that he'd been injured and he simply couldn't get back to her. That beat the alternative of having been abandoned. "What if he...what if he comes back?" she said, her voice trailing off. She knew it was a faint hope, one that faded more each day. "No, I can't" she shook her head vehemently.

Kamaria frowned as she heard the answer that she may have suspected, but also dreaded. There was a reason why he left. He even left his wedding ring behind, and it made Kamaria wish for his death, but that was about it. Kamaria looked to her two children for a moment, brushing some blonde hair behind her ear. "You know if he comes back, father won't be far behind him, either dragging him back, or doing something else. But, I understand." It was lucky that it was Kamaria that was here, instead of Leviathan. Leviathan would have used force on his sister. Kamaria would use no such thing. "What can I do to help? Anything you ask, I will provide. Anything at all." She just hoped that Athena won't ask for Drakon back, since Kamaria was unable to do that. Hades was already checking things out himself, but he wasn't allowed to kill him, so he didn't put in as much effort. Kamaria thought he was checking Greece out, since that was where Drakon was from.

"I know." Athena nodded her head. Her father had never liked Drakon, but she hadn't known who else to ask for help. Going to Magical Law Enforcement and filing a Missing Persons report was not an option, not if there was a chance Drakon was off on Scitorari business. Her father had always been who she had turned to because she trusted him more than almost anyone but Kamaria and even now, he hadn't denied her even though she had a feeling he thought she was better off. How could she be better off alone though? She had two young children. There was no way she could do this alone. Athena pulled her legs up, her arms surrounding them. "Please, just whatever happens...please make sure my boys are alright. Don't let me..." she trailed off, wanting to say ask Kamaria to keep her from becoming their mother. It was when she had been alone that she'd been her worst, and Athena had always feared becoming like her mother. Levi crawled over to her and she shifted so she could pick him up and settle him in her lap. She pressed his hair down, watching as he shook a rattle and cooed at the noises.

Kamaria reached over and touched her sister on her leg, trying to be reassuring. She knew what Athena was talking about. She would never let Athena become like their wicked mother. Athena was raised better than that. Kamaria gave her a weak smile, and she spoke gently, "Of course. You will be in good hands. Your boys will be safe, and know that they are loved, by our family, and you most of all." Kamaria looked toward the front door, wondering what happened. She sighed, before asking, "Any idea what made him take off like that? Was he afraid or... Dad didn't threaten him, did he?" Kamaria was more interested as to why someone would abandon her sister so carelessly. Kamaria did not want to have her be alone right now. Her sons needed to have some sort of stable figure in their lives. Her own children were old enough to help take care of themselves, but Athena's were so young.

Athena visibly relaxed when she heard her sister's reassurance. She was glad that Kamaria seemed to understand what she was saying and that she'd help. She shook her head, her voice lowering even more because she didn't want Axel overhearing and asking questions she didn't know the answers to. "No. I don't know. I just want to know why. He never told me anything about being afraid or any missions. And I don't think daddy was bothering him anymore. He just left...took some clothes and left his ring and left" she trailed off. At first, she'd simply thought he'd gone on a work related trip of some kind and then the days had become a week and she'd reached out to her father. She couldn't go to the Ministry in case it was Scitorari related. Levi threw his rattle and Athena put him down on the ground so he could retrieve it. "How could he do this to us? to me?" her voice cracked as she ran a hand through her hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back