Run This Town.

Flinn McCarthy

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 Essence of Unicorn Hair
Flinn smiled, enjoying the sound his shoes made against the pavement. He smiled at passers by, and whistled as he walked. He didn't care what funny looks he got. He was home. He'd been in New Zealand for over a month now, without reprieve, and he was slowly going crazy. Yes, New Zealand was his new home now, he had a job, he had an apartment, but he also had an apartment here, and god knew that he felt better here, more alive. New Zealand was only his home in name. Here was where he had friends, though not family. His Mother was much happier living in Ireland. She was surrounded by her sisters, and her elderly parents. She'd only stayed in New York for Flinn-something for which he was eternally grateful. He knew this city, he'd grown up here. He instinctively took short cuts and dodged traffic-filled areas. It felt like some inborn instinct inside him, and he sometimes couldn't cope with the sleepy, relaxing lifestyle in New Zealand.

Today, he was on a mission. He had the weekend off, and after inquiring discreetly, he'd learnt that Katheryn was currently prracticing, so here he was, on his way to the theatre where he knew she'd be-or rather, hoped she'd be. Katheryn was one of his best and closest friends. He loved being around her, she was vibrant and funny, and he never had to worry about her being a woman. She didn't seem toread into everything he did the way some girls did. He liked being her mate, and he'd neglected their friendship since moving. He was going to make up for that today.
Flinn had always valued friendship, and he'd tried to keep in touch with people from the States, but trying to jam everything together, to get all his work stuff done, to sort out his furniture. It had taken a good while. His Mam didn't understand why he moved, but he'd gotten a job offer, and he was going to take it. It was hard enough to get a job, but he had a good one, that payed well enough. He ran a hand through his hair, it wasn't particularly long, and he often used gel in it, but not today, he'd gone for a swim that morning, and it was slightly wavy. He was wearing a white t-shirt, and jeans. He'd removed his leather jacket, which was hanging over his shoulder. It was far too hot a day outside. He still knew the city like the back of his hand and barely had to pay attention to where he was going. He knew the way.

Once he reached the theatre, he entered the front door, and waited. He wasn't going to interupt a rehearsal, but they were bound to come out eventually. He spent the time looking at pictures advertising past productions; most of which he was familiar with. you couldn't be friends with an actress and not pick up a few things. Still, he'd never really been int the whole acting thing. He'd enjoyed watching shows, and loved going, even as a child, but he could never picture going up on stage. It'd be terrifying. He didn't know how Katheryn did it.

Katheryn Kingsley was enjoying her role in the most recent show, Wicked, that she was staring in. The show had not yet officially opened with Katheryn cast as Galinda, but it would just next week. The producers of the show were already promoting the new cast in the role. The famous red head fluffed out her long locks. Today had been a dress rehearsal, so Katheryn's tresses had been covered by a blonde wig. Stylist had suggested that the young witch just dye her hair to make her life simpler. Kat had vehemently refused the idea, and luckily the producers of the show had sided with her.. She couldn't bare the thought of changing her striking hair as it was one of her most identified characteristics. It was one of the major factors in winning Kat the role of the Little Mermaid that really jump started her career. She hadn't had a lack of show opportunities since.

Katheryn smiled and waved goodbye to her fellow actors before walked down the aisle and out into the lobby. She really didn't have any plans for the day which turned out to be a very good thing as she saw the surprise waiting for her there. Her bright blue eyes lit up with delight as she saw one of her closest friends waiting on her. A grin spread across her face as she threw her petite body at this familiar person. "Flinn!" she said with delight. "What are you doing here? I didn't know you were back in town. How is New Zealand?" she said all in a rush. Her southern drawl crept back into her words. She fought to keep it out of her voice during rehearsals and shows, however it came back to her when she wasn't acting. Kat was genuinely surprised to see him here. She had no idea that he even knew she was working on this new show. Of course with the posters up all over the city, she supposed it wouldn't have been too hard to figure out.

Flinn's phone pinged, and he fished it out of his pocket, a text. From his Mother. He shook his head, smiling. She was so protective. She was reminding him of a family gathering for his Grandmother's birthday. He couldn't wait, to be perfectly honest. He always enjoyed meeting up wit his family. His Grandmother was hilarious, even dispite her age. At their last Christmas, she'd gotten up and jived with flinn on the dancefloor. His Mam had taken pictures. He quickly texted her back, reminding her that he knew, he'd be there. He stuffed his phone back in his pocket and leaned against the wall, waiting for Kat.

He was busy watching people going by, when his thoughts were interrupted as a minature tornado with auburn hair flew into him. "Kat!" he grinned, spinning her around. "I missed you!" he laughed, placing her back on her feet. She looked good, happy. There were very few people around at the moment, but those that were, glanced their way, looking slightly confused. "I'm here, to visit you, of course." he teased, winking at her. He laughed out loud at the speed at which she spoke, smiling down at her. "Seriously, New Zealand is killing me-it's so quiet! I had to get back for a day or two, I could really do with a bit of ear bashing." he continued, then, turning toward the exit. "Now-wanna get out of here for a coffee?" he suggested, offering her his arm, a mischeivous twinkling in his eyes. He was really looking forward to catching up with Kat. He knew she was in a new show at the moment, so hopefully there'd be some news. She'd done so well for herself, and he was incredibly proud of her. She deserved it-she'd worked so hard.

Kat laughed as she felt her body lifted off the ground and spun around in air. The redhead was light and her friend had no problem twirling her around like a rag doll. The actress grinned at Flinn as he placed her feet safely on the ground. "I missed you too!" she exclaimed back to him. It was completely true. She missed having Flinn around to joke with and see on a regular basis. She missed having one of her best friends in New York City. Katheryn had to admit that it pleased her to hear that he found New Zealand completely drab. Maybe it would convince him to come back to the City. Kat had no problem with New Zealand and frequently visited her mother, brother, and sister there. However, it just couldn't quite compare with New York. That was where Katheryn really felt alive. "So does that mean I will finally be able to talk you into coming back here?" she asked a little too innocently as she batted her eyelashes at him.

Katheryn slipped her slender wrist through his arm as Flinn held it out for her. "Of course. I'd love some coffee." she said with a bit of a smirk. Before coming to New York, Kat hadn't been a coffee drinker. The big city had changed that for her. Now, Kat was fairly certain that she couldn't survive without it. Somehow, Kat had a suspicion that they weren't going to end up just getting coffee. The mischievous twinkle in his eyes suggested as much. "Where to, sir?" she said looking up at him. Kat was really looking forward to catching up with her friend.

Flinn smiled as he placed Katheryn back on the ground; "You look great!" he laughed, stepping back slightly. He winked at her, he loved being around Kat. She was vibrant, and fun. He wasn't entirely sure about his job in the minstry. That was the reason he'd gone to New Zealand-for the job, and part of him knew that it didn't suit him. He didn't mind New Zealand really, and thought that he could get used to it, but the job was killing him. He didn't think it was good for him. Trying to put it out of his mind, he looked down at Kat; "So, what show are you in at the moment? Is it going well?" he asked, sticking his hands in his pockets. He laughed at her reaction, and pouted as she batted her eyelashes at him; "Now, Miss Kingsley-if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to convince me to leave my good, stable, pensionable job, to hazard all in the big metropolis." he winked at her, though-he could trust Kat couldn't he? "I dunno. New Zealand's alright, but this 'great job opportunity.'...isn't so great." a frown wrinkled his brow as he looked at the petite brunette.

"Good." he replied, as she took his arm; "We, have a lot of catching up to do." he stuck out his tongue at Kat, she put him in a good mood. "As memory serves there's a nice café a block or so away?" he suggested, starting to walk. The city was home for him, and though he knew this area quite well, it was impossible to be familiar with all of the city. It was huge. That's why he loved it. He never felt alone in the city, he was constantly surrounded by people, and that felt good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back