Closed Run and Talk

Jordie smiled gently at Brans words and shook his head. "Of course I do." He stood, pacing a bit on the beach. "I was adopted, you know? Into this super rich, really successful family. I don't have the Michaels blood. They're all so talented. I have to earn my place." He ran his hands into his hair, tugging lightly as anxiety set in. He bit his lip, his pacing getting a bit quicker. "It's not about them thinking less of me, Bran. I feel like an imposter, like I don't belong. Not with my family, not with the team, not with the prefects or in the band. I don't- I don't belong, I need to- I have to-" Jordie groaned and dropped back down, his hands tangled in his hair as he hung his head.

Branson could understand a little better why Jordie felt he had to do so much, he didn't know from experience but had read enough books to know that this was not a unique thing. He let Jordie speak and then shook his head lightly, "You don't have to, you belong to your family, to the team, to the prefects," he assured him but knew it was probably not something that would do an awful lot. "And listen, let's say I was adopted, that Archer wasn't my blood, do you think I would need to earn my place?" Branson said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back