Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Aubrey
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Nikko had felt awful since his break up with Connor. He went over their argument in his head probably a hundred times by now and still agreed with nearly everything he said and he wasn't sure if that made things better or worse. If he thought he was in the wrong after the fact he could at least apologize and move on. But he didn't think he was and he was fairly certain he wasn't just being stubborn either. It takes two people to make a relationship work and obviously the two of them didn't work together, and somehow that hurt worse. The quidditch lose also acted like salt in the wound and Nikko had kept a pretty low profile around places he was most likely to see Connor and Lucas for that matter. He had seen them together after Valentines day and it made him feel more ridiculous then he already did.

The Gryffindor know he wouldn't feel like this forever even if he was doubtful right now. As far as Nikko was concerned, break couldn't come fast enough. But he would be haunted there too. With a groan he rested his head against the courtyard wall and looked up at the sky. Everything felt like it was falling apart and he wanted nothing more than for the world to stop, just for a minute to let him breathe.

Aubrey had gone out for a walk, just enjoying the sunshine. Her life technically hadn't really changed all that much; she still spent a majority of her time alone, and she was still doubting the unerring worship she had always had for her brothers. She was humming softly on her way back to the castle, stopping when she saw a familiar face. Her brow furrowed as she saw how upset he looked. She walked up slowly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Nikko?" She spoke softly, sitting down next to him, her body angled more to face him. She reached a hand out, wanting to put it gently on his, but she watched to see if that would be welcome or invasive. "What's wrong?"

Nikko had just closed his eyes to enjoy a moment of quiet when he hear someone say his name. His eyes opened quickly and he relaxed the moment he saw it was Aubrey. He gave her a weak smile. He considered her question and sighed. He wasn't sure how much he actually wanted to talk about everything but he was glad she was here. "Just...everything." he sighed. "Dating is a lot more complicated than I thought."

Aubrey's brow furrowed. Dating...? Had something happened? She reached over and placed her hand on his. "Do you want to tell me about it?" She asked softly, rubbing her thumb gently over the back of his hand. "I'm here for you, even if you don't," she promised, giving him a gentle smile. She would always be there for Nikko. He was her closest friend.

Nikko sighed again but looked at Aubrey's hand on his and gave her a small smile. He shrugged in response to her asking if he wanted to talk about it. "It's just so stupid." he groaned. "It only lasted like a few weeks I shouldn't be this upset." he said with a sigh. "But Connor just twisted my words and got mad at me over nothing. Then before I knew what was happening it was over." he explained and got frustrated all over again. At least now he was starting to feel more upset about the misunderstanding rather than the breakup itself. "Thanks. I really appreciate it. So how have you been?" he asked and nudged her with his elbow.

Aubrey shook her head. "It doesn't matter how long it was, Nikko, you're allowed to feel upset." she reassured him, squeezing his hand gently. She smiled softly, scooting a little closer. "Well, I don't think that's your fault. Connor was wrong to take things out on you like that." she shook her head. When he asked about her, she smiled softly. "I went to the kissing game. That was... interesting, I suppose. Other than that, nothing new really. Mostly just ignored all the time," she shrugged.

Nikko nodded along with Aubrey said. He knew she was right but he couldn't help it. Finally he sighed and gave her a reassuring smile. "Thank you for saying that." he said thoughtfully. He took a deep breath and tried to turn his smile into something more genuine. "And I'll be all right." he promised her. He waited for her to answer him and couldn't help the way his eyebrows raised at her response. "You did?! Well that's one way to put yourself out there." Nikko said playfully. "I think I heard about that but...I just wasn't up for it." he admitted and waited a beat before asking. "Did you kiss anyone?" He knew he wouldn't have an opinion either way but he was curious.

Aubrey smiled and squeezed his hand. Of course she would say that. She was glad to see him smiling again. She chuckled and nodded, bringing her hand back to brush her hair behind her ear. "I did. And I kissed a few people," she smiled a moment, though it quickly faded. She sighed and shook her head. "I feel like it might have been counter-productive though," she looked away, staring at a hole in the wall. "I doubt any of them will remember me," she sighed.

Nikko was glad to have the attention off of him for a bit and looked at Aubrey as she talked. He felt a little weird and she answered his question and had in fact kissed someone, or more than one someone by the sound of it. He considered her as she stared at the wall ahead of her and said that no one would remember her. Somehow he doubted that. She was so pretty and nice, or at least to him. He cleared his throat and tried to think of something reassuring to say. "Well if they manage to forget you they probably aren't worth your time." he said finally with a nod. It sounded like something his mom would say, which was better than nothing.

Aubrey let out a soft laugh, shaking her head and looking to Nikko. "You sound like my mother," she teased him, nudging his arm before standing. "Come on, pouting out here won't make you feel better. Let's go for a walk out to the lake or up to the dorm to stare at the fire or something," she held out her hand to him, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back