Rules? pffft!

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Sidda knew that the cliffs were out of bounds, but to be honest, she didn't really care. She wanted to be outside, and was sick of hanging around the usual places. Besides, she didn't care about breaking the rules, and she definitely wasn't scared of heights (her muggle school's principal would certainly testify to that). So, she ran out there, forgetting her coat in her rush. But she didn't mind the cold, even though she always said that she was cold-blooded and needed the sun to keep her warm. She was too excited about spring and having a new place and learning a new song to really care about getting a little chilly. She sat down on the cool stone and then lay down on her back, looking up at the sky and thinking about what excuse to give for not doing her potions homework.

Dan was heading out onto the cliffs. Yes they were out of bounds, and he shouldn't really be there, but Dan didn't care. He had been in much worse places in his lifetime than a high, and long dropping cliff-top. Dan was angry. Nothing necessarily had annoyed him, Dan was just a generally angry person. However, the main thing that annoyed him at the moment was his Hogwarts House. He had wanted to be in Slytherin ever since he transferred to Hogwarts last year. As Dan walked, he thought that he should maybe be in a lesson, but again, Dan didn't care, he had skived plenty of times before and had gotten away with it 95% of the time.

Dan spotted a girl led on the cliffs. He approached her then sat down next to her. "You know the sky really isn't that interesting, what's the point in staring at it." Dan didn't recognise the girl as he looked her up and down. "Who are ya anyway?" He asked, in a kind of harsh manner. He didn't like it when things were out of the ordinary. And a random girl led on the cliffs looking at the sky was out of the ordinary in Dan's eyes.

Siddalee was deep in thought when she heard someone tell her that the sky wasn't interesting. He seemed aggravated, and Siddalee wondered how someone could be grumpy when spring was on its way. She sat up, and saw a tall, older boy. She thought she might have seen him around the Gryffindor common room. "The sky isn't boring. And I wasn't just looking at the sky. I was thinking of an excuse for not having done my potions homework. I'm Siddalee, by the way. Siddalee Simon. I'm a Griffy. Second year. You?" Siddalee stuck out her hand for him to shake. She didn't care if he looked grumpy - he could still be polite.

Dan decided to listen to the girl for a change instead of interrupting her. It seemed that this girl had something to say, and Dan liked girls who could stick up for themselves. "An excuse eh?" He questioned, wondering if he had mistaken this girls strangeness for pure slyness. "You thought of a decent excuse yet?" He asked, deciding that this girl was worth talking to. "Dan..." Dan wasn't one to give away his sir name to people that he had only just met. "Sixth Year, Gryffindor..." Dan shook the girls hand. He was still a little eery of her, but her next few sentences would tell Dan whether she was worth sticking around for.

Siddalee smiled. "Naw, not yet. Well, none that would be believed. You got any good ones?" she asked, patting the ground beside her to indicate that he should sit down. "Dan...Nice name. It kinda suits you." Sidda had a bit of a flashback. "I used to know someone called that. He was a bit of a d*ckhead. I seem to remeber that he called me Carrothead, and I broke his nose. I was eight. Good times." She looked a bit more cheeky then, remembering the look on his face when he realised that she could throw a punch. "Not that I think you're a d*ckhead. At least, I hope you're not." She smiled at little, hoping that he wouldn't have to break this boy's nose to teach him manners too.

(pressure much! I wrote this three times, trying to make sure Dan would approve. Although can you imagine if he decided she was awful, and she broke his nose to teach him how to be polite? :lol: I liked your RP, though ;) )

Dan smirked as Siddalee asked him if he had any good excuses. "Me? Excuses? Nah, I just don't do it...simple as that..." He said, before taking the hint and sitting down next to Siddalee. Dan laughed a little as she told him his name suited him. "Really?" He replied, Dan had never thought of things like that.

Dan began to let his guard down a little. This girl seemed alright, whether she was or not was a different story, but Dan would cope with her for now. "You broke his nose?" Dan paused for a moment. "Well I won't be giving you any nicknames any time soon then." He said, not being afraid of this girl just because she was a little more confident that other girls. Dan sat cross-legged with his knees against his chest, and his hands around his knees. Dan could be nice when he wanted to be, but this girl would have to force it out of him, to see the really 'nice' Dan. "So tell me, why think of an excuse on the cliffs? Where you have a chance of being caught, then having to think of another excuse?" Dan asked, wondering how the girl would approach his slightly strange question.

(Hah, yeah be careful, he's a little unpredictable. ;) )

"Yeah, I broke his nose. I was eight. He was 14, and he cried like a baby, even though he was a bully until I got to him. And I don't mind SOME nicknames. Like my best friend calls me Sid, and my dad used to call me Lee-Lee, and some people call me Sidda. I actually haven't been called Lee in a while...anyway. Just don't dis the hair. Or my size. If we become friends, I may let you tease me about it then, but for now, don't dis the height or the hair," she said. She turned to face Dan as he sat down, crossing her legs and resting her arms on them. She picked up a stick and started twisting it in her pale fingers. "I like it out here, on the cliffs. Besides, I don't really care about getting detentions or anything. I mean, I don't TRY to get them, but I can stand them. And a good excuse is always useful. Besides, why not come out here to think? It's beautiful, in its own weird way." Sidda threw her arms out tilting her head back at the sky as she talked about beauty. It wasn't exactly pretty out here, but it had a dramatic, rugged beauty that she liked.

(you haven't seen unpredictable until you've seen Sidda when she's on a high/sugar rush/adrenalin rush. Actually, unpredictable isn't the right word...more like insane. or random. or crazy. :woot: And Sidda should be able to handle him. She's not exaggerating when she talks about other Dan.)

Dan was a little held back when Siddalee started talking a lot about her nicknames. It was a little to much for Dan's liking, but he tried his best to keep cool, calm, and collected. "Sid, or Sidda it is then." He said, letting out a deep sigh after he spoke. "Hey, I'm the last one to make fun of someone 'cause of there hair colour or size, I pick on people who annoy me...and you haven't annoyed me...not yet anyway." He added, thinking he should add it in, as a kind of warning to her. "How is this place beautiful, it's ugly, and anyone who gets to close to that edge isn't gonna call it beautiful are they?" Dan thought for a minute, he had never actually seen anyone fall off of the cliffs, but he had heard about a boy at Durmstrang that had done. "You know, the top of a cliff edge really wasn't the best place to meet me was it?" He said, knowing that he would do anything to anyone who annoyed him recently. Even if that meant pushing them off the cliff-edge. But Dan wasn't gonna let that happen. He wanted to control his attitude and temper, and this girl seemed to be pushing it, which was almost a good thing. Dan needed his temper to be challenged in order to know how to control it.

Sidda smiled at Dan when he said he didn't pick on people because of how they looked, even though he said that he picked on people that annoyed him. She decided to let the 'yet' pass - hopefully she wouldn't have to fight with him if she annoyed him. "How about we agree to disagree on beauty, then. Although I suppose you're right about someone who fell off." She laughed a little as she said it, because he was right - she could just see someone falling off, yelling 'These cliffs are not pretty!'. "Why was it a bad place to meet you? I think that the most interesting people come out here." Sidda started to get a little worried. This boy looked tense, like he was trying to keep his temper - something Sidda knew all about. She wasn't worried for herself, more for him - she knew how hard it could be to keep a temper in check, as it was something she had had problems with before.

Dan began to relax a little when the girl smiled. He didn't smile back, but his shoulders weren't so tensed anymore, and he was able to breath in the fresh air of this place. "Alright then, deal, we'll agree to disagree." He confirmed. "Yeah, not so pretty then ey?" He said, letting out the tiniest chuckle. Dan smiled a little as Siddalee said that the most interesting people come out here. "Ah maybe it would have been if you had got on my nerves, but seeing as your alright, I think you're quite safe here now..." Dan said, picking up a rock from the ground that surrounded him, then throwing it off of the cliffs. "It's a long way down...ain't it?" He said as he stood up, before shoving his hands in his pockets then wandering towards the cliff-edge. He turned his head back so that he could see Siddalee. "Don't worry, I ain't jumping..." Dan paused for thought. "Yeah...interesting people come here...don't they?" He said, just imagining someone falling off, then falling all the way down to the sea. "Come Here." He said, gesturing with his arm that she should join him. "Don't worry, I ain't gonna push you or nuttin'." He said, as he laughed a little.

"Duh it's a long way down. Most cliffs are, my friend, most cliffs are," Sidda teased as Dan walked away. She was a little shocked when he told her to join him, but she got up (clumsily) and walked over to where he was standing near the edge. "You push me, and I'll pull you down with me. Deal?" she said when she reached him. She grabbed his arm to prove her point, then stood beside him and peered over the edge. 'Huh,' she thought, 'that was the first time I heard him laugh. He has a nice laugh.' Then she mentally slapped herself for thinking that someone had a nice laugh. Who thought that?
It was a long way down to the sea below. The churning ocean was a steely grey colour, and there were sharp-looking rocks that could easily dash a small 11 year old girl like Sidda to pieces. She gulped a little, but kept looking, not really afraid. "Daaang," she murmured to herself, looking at the looong drop down.

Dan was pleased when Siddalee joined him. He respected her now. It took a lot of guts to join Dan on the edge of what was such a long drop. "I ain't gonna push ya, so I guess we're both stuck here ain't we?" He said, opening up a little now that he had a new-found respect for the younger looking girl. "So uh, how old are ya then?...'Cause...well...no offence, but you don't quite look my age...16..." He asked, trying to put it nicely. Dan looked out across the sea, Siddalee had been right, it did have a strange beauty. Dan just wasn't willing to accept that anything was beautiful, until now.

Sidda was surprised that Dan had said they were stuck here. "Why are we stuck? Do you mean stuck on the cliffs, or what? I don't get ya." she asked, confused.
Sidda laughed when Dan was worried about offending her. "I'm so offended - not! Of course I don't look your age. I'm 12. Well, 11, but I turn 12 soon, so..." she said. It wasn't a crime to round, was it? "You're 16? Wow. Cool. Yeah. I'm kinda glad I don't look 16. But you seem 16. I'm sorry. I'm not making sense anymore. Shutting up." Sidda was babbling. She had a tendency to babble. 'Dammit!' she thought. 'Now he's gonna think I'm a loony. Why can't I keep my stupid mouth shut?'

'Typical second year.' Dan thought to himself as Siddalee didn't get his comment about being stuck here. "Ah Don't Worry, you'll understand some day..." He said, not even attempting to explain what he really meant. Dan laughed a little as she blabbered on about their ages. "So...you're 11 right?" He said, trying to get something out of her blabbering. "I'm glad I look 16, it wouldn't be any good if I looked like a 13 year old now would it?" He said straightly, but with a small smile on his face. "Yeah, you might wanna start making sense...'Cause urm..." Dan looked down at the long drop infront of the pair of them before looking back at Siddalee. "Well...you know what's facing you if you get on my nerves to much..." He said, as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Okay then. I'll get back to you when I get what you're saying." Sidda looked out at the view and smiled at it. Spring was coming. She'd forgotten that what with talking to Dan, but she could see it in the view. "Yup, I'm 11. And looking like a 13 year old may have been dangerous for you. But anyway." Sidda was glad he smiled, albeit a small smile, but that gladness vanished when he threatened her. "Yeah, and you know what's facing you if you do that, and you wouldn't want to get wet now would you?" she said in a sweet voice, giving him the oh-so-innocent eyes but gripping his arm tighter in warning. "Besides, you wouldn't push little ol' me off there, would you? 'Cause I'm sooo innocent and could...could never...." It was too much. Sidda tried to keep a cute look on her face, but she cracked up part way through, because she couldn't think of many people less innocent than her. Laughing helplessly, she tried to explain. "Sorry, I-I just can't think of many people less innocent than me," she chuckled.

(to see Sidda doing innocent eyes, click here. Ignore the chips. ^_^ )

Dan was surprised to find himself thinking that he actually like Siddalee. Only as a friend of course, but Dan wasn't one to make friends with hyper-active 11 Year Old Girls. It wasn't something he did everyday. 11 Year Girls would usually end up getting shouted at by Dan because he couldn't be bothered with them. But Siddalee was strangely different. "Yeah yeah I know, I know, but it ain't that hard for me to pull away from an 11 Year Old Girl...is it?" He said, knowing that he didn't plan to push anyone off a cliff in the near future. Dan pulled away from Siddalee's tight grip. He didn't like being clinged onto, but he seemed to have accepted it with Siddalee up until now. "Okay you can quit it with the innocent eyes now alright...you don't seem all that innocent to me..." Dan joked, as he laughed a little. "I mean, just remember that I found you trying to think of an excuse for why you hadn't done ya homework...that ain't innocent." He said, playfully nudging her to the side.

"Hmmm. Good point. I may have to rethink that threat." Sidda teased. Then she felt Dan pull away. "Oops, sorry," she said, letting go of his arm and instead tying her hair back in a ponytail. "Okay, I stopped the innocent eyes already." She laughed with Dan, then nudged him back, saying "Yeah, true, but you're not only out here on the cliffs, but you told me that you never do your homework, so I guess you're not so innocent either, are you?" She smiled up at Dan, thinking 'I haven't been able to tease someone like this since I last saw the guys.' Sidda had missed hanging out with the guys, who had been like the brothers she'd never had. She liked Dan - he gave her a chance to show her tomboy self more.

Dan smiled to himself. Siddalee had understood his point when he pulled away and had backed off. He respected her for that. "S'alright...But I never said I was innocent." He said, putting his hand flat on his chest as he began the sentence. Dan wondered just how devious Siddalee would be willing to be. "So other than excuses for homework...how bad are you? I mean, everyone's had to think of an excuse to get them out of a homework from time to time..." Dan trailed off. It was true, it wasn't the most deviant thing in the world. Dan had done far worse things in his time at school.

"True. You never did say that - so I'm assuming that you're a total bad*ss?"Sidda teased, elbowing Dan.
Sidda had to think about how bad she was.She was a bit of a rebel, but she wouldn't hurt someone just for the sake of it. "Hmmm...well, I'm a bit of a rebel, but not a total punk. Like, I'm not afraid to fight someone if they pick on people, or insult me, or something like that, and if I think a rule is stupid, I'll "bend" it," Sidda said, using her hands to help her explain, including doing little air quotes on 'bend', "but I don't break rules just for the sake of it, and I would never hurt someone who didn't deserve it. I dunno. It depends on whether you get me angry, I guess. The funniest thing I did was in PE, when this kid dared me to climb on the roof and dance. I did it, and I got suspended, but you should have seen the look on the Principal's face. Plus, the kid gave me 5 bucks, because I won the bet. It was sweet." Sidda laughed at the memory - it had been funny just how ballistic her principal had gone. "Anyway, what about you? What was your funniest exploit? How far are you willing to go?"

Dan laughed as Siddalee elbowed him. "Hey why not bend the rules." He said as he smiled sweetly at her. He decided that her story was worth listening to. It would give him time to think of the many times that he had gotten into trouble. He enjoyed every single one of them, apart from the experiences with his family. Dan decided that he should open up a little to Siddalee, when she asked what his funniest exploit was. "Well, you don't want to know about the experiences with my family...lets just say my dad was a little...violent with me..." Dan said, frowning a little as he remembered his negative bad times. Dan cheered up a little as he remembered some better, but more recent past times. "But...there have been far more funnier times than that...one of them being a fight with a Slytherin, and another one being getting caught skiving in the dungeons by Professor Weasley...she's such a strange Professor, one minute she'd be having a go at me, the next minute she'd be laughing at my expense. It was hilarious to say the least." Dan said, laughing as he remembered that memory.

Sidda was a little shocked when Dan said his dad was violent, but she didn't say anything. She wanted to comfort Dan, but knew that guys often didn't like to show signs of weakness, and so decided right there and then that if or when she got to know Dan better, then she would comfort him. Or she'd go to his house and beat up his dad and see how HE liked it. Sidda felt herself getting mad, her cheeks and ears going red, so she clenched her fists and focused on what Dan was saying. "A fight with a snake? Was he a total w*nker? Sounds awesome," then laughed when Dan mentioned Professor Weasley. "Yeah, I heard she's a hard case. Sounds hilarious," Sidda chuckled.

(sorry it's so late, I've been sooo busy with internals! :doh: and you're probably saying "cry me a river" right now. Shutting up...)

[No worries, but you may want to star out the swear word. ;) e.g. W**......]

Dan giggled at Siddalee's rude comment, she sure knew how to cheer him up. "Yeah, don't think he knew about my past, I'm kind of a little stronger than any average 16 Year Old...I never loose fights." Dan said, lightning up a little. "And as for Weasley, well yeah, what can I say? I enjoy winding up Professors...It ain't just her..." Dan trailed off. He liked Siddalee. She had been a good friend to him in the past few minutes, and he respected her for that.

Sidda was a tad shocked when Dan giggled. She didn't know boys even COULD giggle. Quickly shutting her mouth before he noticed, she laughed lightly along with him. "Yeah, some professors are hilarious when you wind them up. It's even funnier when you make fun of them, and everybody but them realises that you're mocking them. Their faces!" she chuckled. "Yeah, you seem pretty strong - but I reckon I could take you. That is, if you managed to catch me!" she teased, punching him lightly on the shoulder and laughing again, harder than before.

(thanks! I don't really think of that as a swear word, but I see how others might, so thanks for pointing that out! ;) )

(Ha Cool, Anytime. ;) )

Dan laughed as Siddalee punched him on the shoulder. "Oh yeah, you recon you could take me on eh? Well maybe I should try you out, ya little chubba cheeks." Dan joked, reaching down and grabbing Siddalee's cheeks and wobbling them around before running off and climbing onto a nearby cliff, onto the stronger rocks that could hold his weight. "Come on...come get me..." Dan said, laughing as he continued to climb the rocks.

(oh no he didn't... :lol: )

Sidda was laughing, until Dan called her 'chubba cheeks' and squeezed her cheeks. "Why you little!" she exclaimed, chasing after Dan as he climbed up some rocks. As she chased, she realised that Dan was actually quite tall, and she was then tiny one, but she shrugged it off as a detail, focusing on the chase. She jumped from rock to rock, nimble but not able to cover much ground or climb as easily as Dan because of her small legs. She nearly caught Dan and doubled her efforts, climbing as fast as she could, before grabbing his sleeve and commencing to tickle every part of him she could reach. This was fun - Sidda felt more at home now, play fighting and chasing - it was like a lot of the games she'd played with boys before. As she tickled, she felt a friendship forming - at least, in her mind. "I'm gonna getcha! I'm gonna getcha!" she taunted, trying to use him to pull herself up onto the rock. She was a bit wobbly on her higher perch, but doggedly persisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back