Rules for Purebloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
PURE BLOODS

If your character is a pure-blood both of their parents are magical, and all of their grandparents and so on. It means a 'muggle' was never married and that all ancestors have been magical. That being said, it is very obvious that this must be quite impossible. J.K Rowling has stated that 'true' pure-bloods do not exist in the magical world, and that any family that claims to be entirely 'pure' has simply erased muggles and squibs from their family trees. With this knowledge in mind we have set our definition of a 'Pureblood' to be that all great-grandparents and any direct ancestors below them were all magical. This, of course, also means that your character can have two magical parents and still not be a 'pure-blood'.

Becoming a Pure-blood
With all of that established becoming a pure-blood is fairly simple. An application is filled out then you send it to an administrator for approval. If your application is accepted you will be able to legitimately role play your character as a pure-blood and all that that may entail for your character. Otherwise, you may apply again or simply decide that your character can be just as interesting without being a pure-blood. We will be accepting no applications that have canon relationships. No applications that claim to hold canon ties will be accepted, it's far too much work to fit other characters into the canon and keep tabs on everything so the simplest solution is to not have any.
The status of 'pure-blood' is clearly very rare so not all applicants will be able to become, regardless of how 'good' they may believe their application to be.

The Application

In order to apply for your character to be a pureblood simply fill out the application given on this page. Your request will then be processed and you will be contacted by an Administrator.

Some extra info
The following is taken from our HNZ site blog, a post written by Nick in July 2011 entitled, " What the HELL is a [Pureblood]?!" It's a good bit of insight into how admin view these applications and worth a read.
I’ve been seeing a lot of pureblood applications and denying my fair share of them. But why are so many of them denied?

Put simply, I’m not convinced that people on HNZ really understand what it is to be a Pureblood.
The Pureblood Site Doc explains that:

J.K Rowling has stated that ‘true’ pure-bloods do not exist in the magical world, and that any family that claims to be entirely ‘pure’ has simply erased muggles and squibs from their family trees.

This means that “pureblood” by definition can never be entirely met. So what, then? The site documentation goes on to explain what we’ll consider a pureblood:

With this knowledge in mind we have set our definition of a ‘Pureblood’ to be that all great-grandparents and any direct ancestors below them were all magical. This, of course, also means that your character can have two magical parents and still not be a ‘pure-blood’.

What the document fails to explain is that your character can also have two parents who are notpureblood and still be, themselves, a pureblood (for the considerations of HNZ).

“How is that even possible?!” you may be thinking to yourself. Well, it’s quite simple, actually. Just take a look at this helpful chart I’ve made:

purebloodexplanation.png

Nick’s awesome art explaining HNZ policy

In the above image, only the person in red is a pureblood. The rest of the family, though, is obviously magical. Why aren’t the pureblood’s parents also purebloods? We simply don’t see their great-grandparents (another set of 8 people per parent (16 more people if you consider them together), one of which could have surely been non-magical – who knows?). Maybe their parents are purebloods. But then the odds of their grandparents also being purebloods? Extremely unlikely – another 12 people per grandparent to consider.

So, when a person submits a pureblood request but says that their character is a pureblood because all the way back to their great-grandparents are also purebloods… that’s just ridiculous. And approving 15 purebloods at once is something we’re extremely unlikely to undertake.

So, when you apply for a pureblood remember these simple things:

• Your character’s direct ancestors, up to their great-grand parents are required to be magical but not purebloods
  • Your character can be the first pureblood in their family.
  • Approving 15+ purebloods at once is not something we like to do, or likely will do.
  • Your character can’t be part-giant/part-veela/part-monkey and still be a pureblood
  • Nick likes cookies, Cyndi likes chocolate and Emzies likes pancakes.
    These point will help you a lot!
I hope this clarifies a few things and helps you in all future pureblooding adventures!

~Nick

Post-Script: And try not to be too cliche in your applications! Originality gets you 5 million bonus points. The cliche applications are:

1. My character is pureblood, thinks they’re better than everybody else, will hate everybody – not being a pureblood will change their character tonnes
  2. My character is pureblood, thinks they’re better than everybody else, but this will change and they will see the error of their ways
  3. My character is a pureblood, but doesn’t think anything of it. They will show that not all purebloods are bad. (Or they will crusade for the rights of people who aren’t purebloods.)
If you could shy away from those topics… that’d be grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have been approved and are not currently on this list, please personal message an administrator. Please note that only one member of an immediate family will be on the list.
*Two pureblood siblings with the same biological parents do not need to both be on the list, only one will be.
List of Approved Active Purebloods
Lady Helena the BraveLeah ThorneTristan DrageRory Fergusson
Hyun Ong HaeEsme LancasterNatalia NovakKia Sorens
Jacqueline StyxSkye TaylorJaden WestLeigh West
Dove Zhefarovich (nee Williams)Kira ChoiEmmanuel OkoyeCassius Styx

Snowdrop Chase
Larissa BarosToby OikawaZacharias Chase

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back