Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
</SIZE>
The break was really over, and Elijah was back at school. But something had changed. No longer in the same mind set as before, the Hufflepuff was unsure how to really act. His mind buzzed and raced. It had questions galore. And it all made him more frustrated than the elves in the kitchen that would never receive their freedom. He was sure that they didn't really want it, but he was also the type to believe that some would be frustrated by the situation they had to live in. But, his problems didn't really start with a lack of freedom. No entirely. Sure, his new lack of freedom had been rather annoying to say the least. he knew that it was fairly difficult to say that was why he was annoyed. it was more the point that his family didn't seem to trust him. He was 14 soon to turn 15 and his parents couldn't trust him with simple little bits of information. The lack of trust wasn't something that Elijah was used to. It was true that Elijah was a known flight risk, but this didn't mean that he left without leaving something, and he was never alone for long. He was 14 it wouldn't really be that hard to find him. And yet his parents felt the need to know where he was going all the time. He'd thought it was just because his parents had been so used to not having around that it was almost still an oddity for them to have Elijah around. But as Elijah had told them he was staying and sticking around. His family had only been the people he'd wanted. But, he got the idea, that they hadn't believed him when he'd said that. Which had really p!ssed off the hufflepuff. He didn't lie. He wasn't a good liar, and he'd been taught that he was a bad liar. It was why he was sure his foster parents had never made a big deal of him running off. They knew that ELijah wanted his family. But, after overhearing a conversation between his parents that he'd known was about them, Elijah had gotten the weirdest impression that they'd known of each other. That his parents and his foster parents had known one another. Which was odd, since if they had known each other, why hadn't they gone looking for him. Why they had never tried to find the Hufflepuff boy in all the years he'd grown up was one of the reasons, that Elijah was not a fan of the two he was meant to call his parents. It had never occurred to him, that his foster parents were more parents to him than his biological parents would ever be.

The grounds were a place that the hufflepuff boy went fairly often. Mostly to just play. It was true to him, that the outdoors was the single best place to play. He was walking through the gardens. The ground he knew would make a good golf course. He had no interest in the sport, but his father, had a weird obsession with it. One the Hufflepuff did not understand, since he found golf to be one of the most boring sports alive and yet his father seemed to have a rather big interest in it. Elijah did wonder if his dad actually knew what the word fun meant. Because as much as his father tried to tell him, golf was fun. There was no way in hell that Elijah would open up to that idea. It was nice and it was pretty amazing. he was quite happy being outside rather than in. He had his guitar and he played as he walked. It was a gorgeous summers day and the Hufflepuff was just content with being him and his guitar. He was trying to re-find his usual spot, which was fairly difficult to find since there was so much on his mind, and since he was trying to multitask which never ended well for the Hufflepuff. He knew that. So, Elijah stopped playing, and looked around. There was plenty of space, but he couldn't see his spot. So instead of searching much longer, he just walked to the nearest clearing and sat down. He took his guitar and placed it beside him, while laying down on the grass and staring blankly up at the sky. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to play which was odd considering Elijah only ever wanted to play. Instead Elijah moved the guitar closer to him and kept his eyes up. Not looking for anything, just staring. It was something the Hufflepuff did.
<SIZE size="50">

OOCOut of Character:
Awful start, Sorry.

Elouise pushed her long dark hair from her face, a light breeze pushing it back no matter what she tried. Being out on the grounds was a wonderful thing in the summer months of New Zealand. Of course coming from Australia having Christmas during summer never bugged her much like it did a few of her classmates. They had to go home to cold weather after being here and in summer clothes for the few months before break. But now that break was over and she was back on campus she needed to settle herself back in and the best way she found was to take a walk of the grounds. Which she was doing now, thinking of the different things that needed to be done. She missed Quidditch this year and hoped next year she would actually remember when the tryouts were. There were a few essays that already were given out in her classes that she needed to work on for a bit later. Elouise always found school work tedious and most certainly unnessecary, it wasn't how her brain remembered things. Writing all the information down and then just instantly remembering for a test later never worked for Elouise. She was more of a flashcard type of person, drill the answers into her head which did work for the most part.

While walking she saw something funny laying on the ground and decided with her Gryffindor judgement to go and take a look. It turned out to be a guitar and a boy next it to. Still her curiousity bugged her and she moved over towards the boy who seemed to be staring at the sky to see who it was. Elijah, a boy in her year but not in her house. Elouise was pretty sure that he was a Hufflepuff but he could be in Ravenclaw as well. Not sure if she should desturb him she watched him for a few seconds as he continued to stare at the sky before getting up her nerve to say something. Which for a Gryffindor may sound suprising but Elouise was actually very shy and nervous when first talking to people, one reason why she lacks alot of friends. "Hello there," she said moving alittle closer before plopping down her legs criss-cross on the ground. It was indeed a nice day to be outside, so she didn't begin to question why he was there.

As the hufflepuff stared up at the sky, he began to think that the clouds all looked a little like golf balls. There weren't that many, but the ones that did, did look like them. It wasn't weird that he thought that. Elijah generally saw the weirdest things in the sky. He knew that it was pretty silly to think of such things would be the clouds in the sky but it was just what the hufflepuff thought he saw. Others tended to see more logical things, like clouds. But, Elijah didn't have a simple mind. He didn't see things how they were. Just how they were. It was the beauty of the sky that made him smile and think that there was more that what seemed. He figured it was probably his innner musician that saw more. It wasn't really like anything else. He wondered what it would be like to sit on a cloud. he knew it wasn't possible, but he still wondered. He wanted to know what clouds felt like. If the darker grey ones actually had rain in them. He was curious about such little things, but he could see how it would in any way ever happen. How he would ever to get to do all of the different things his mind said. Sure he had time, he was 14 and he had so little ambition other than music that he couldn't see the harm. But then the logical part of his mind kicked in. If something went wrong, he could fall and die. And while Elijah was sure that wouldn't happen, he wasn't exactly mr.alert, and it could very well. He hardly wanted to cause his own death through curiousity. He didn't want to die young. His mind was pretty much already made up. He wanted to do it anyway. You only live once. If something did go wrong, then he would have to admit that he'd had a pretty good run. A good 14 years. His parents would not be happy, but he didn't actually care. He had been about to get up when a voice spoke. He leaned up quickly and looked round. Pretty startled, he had thought he'd been the only person around. The only one that had been on this patch of grass. Clearly he had not been. And while he managed to get himself to smile. His heart was going at a hundred beats per second. He had to let a sigh be realised from his mouth. "Holy sh!t" Was all he could breath out. He was still smiling, but it was clear the girl had startled him. It happened pretty often. He became so unalert of things around him, that when people entered his radar he was shocked back into reality. "Jesus." He sat up properly while running a hand through the messy brown hair. Pulling out grass strands from his hair. "You are not the first to have scared me. But, wow. I should really pay more attention"

Elijah smiled at the girl. She was pretty and she looked fairly nice. A Gryffindor by the looks of it. He just kept his smile. While also thinking that he'd never really seen her before. She was fairly new. Either that or she'd left for a while like he had, or just that she was also obsessed with something that kept her indoors. Just like him. He held out his hand for her. "I'm Elijah. Or Eli. My name sounds like I belong in a victorian novel, but trust me, I'm not like, in any way." Elijah smiled at her, in his usual friendly tone. With his guitar, beside him, he had a lot more confidence than he did with out. It was how he was good at most things. The guitar really helped him. "Are you a fourth year?" He asked. Since she looked around his age, and he was sure he'd seen her before, and the only way that could be was if they were in the same year.

OOCOut of Character:
Lame, sorry

Elouise felt bad that she had startled the boy so much. Normally a shy person she didn't get a chance to make impressions on people and it seemed her's with the boy in front of her was already ruin. He was smiling so she managed to smile back but her eyes went wide at his swearing. Sure she may have done Quidditch in the past, but she was always too focused to pay attention to the other players. Being out in the middle of a field in the quiet outdoors away from everyone it was actually pretty startling to her. "I'm sorry. I didnnddn't mean tottooto....start-llle you," she said back to him instantly putting a head to her face thinking how dumb she sounded when she finished speaking. Her hand was convering half of her face now as it turned red and the rest was covered by her hair falling forward once again. Curiousity did kill the cat, now she felt dead.

Elouise looked back up her hand moving under her chin while her elbow moved to her knee to rest. Her face, she was sure, was pink now but he was already introducing himself it'd be rude to just get up and leave now that she had went out of her way to speak to him. "I know. I mean, I know who you are..Oh not that sounds creepy. Sorry," she managed to say as she became embarrassed once again. He seemed to smile alot which helped her ease back into a more Gryffindor like persona, hoever she felt like she should be the Hufflepuff here. "Elouise Possible, and yes I'm in your year. Though I guess I'm to quiet to be noticed much," she said looking down at the ground her embarrasment wafting over her. It wasn't weird for her not to be reconized. Quidditch was the only thing she ever really did that was out of her usually realm of living, but she wasn't doing it this year, as per missing the tryouts. So she did spend alot of time this year alone either outdoors or in her dormroom, she was just wallpaper on most of her classmates lives.

Rarely was the hufflepuff not scared by both normal and odd things. He wasn't the type to ever be that alert. Not about anything. Elijah knew it was pretty much his worse trait. It was the only thing that made him really reconsider his extreme huge obsession with music. But that wasn't something he could really be bothered with. He right now, just wanted to stay relaxed with his mind clear of any serios thoughts. He didn't want his thoughts to move their way out of his mind. But that is a good thing for Elijah whereas for most it was a babd thing. He just thought like that because his family were people who plagued his mind. They made him think about how he didn't actually know who his family really were. WHo they well and truly were to him. Apart from his genetics, which was the only thing that he shared. All the rest was silly. His parents cared little for what he actually had to offer. What he had previous been like, wasn't what his parents had hoped for him. He could at least say that they were proud of his Hufflepuff status. He didn't attract much attention and though the name Tine was fairly famous in the art world. He was glad no one knew who he was. It was just a lot simpler for him being a Hufflepuff. He didn't feel the need to try very hard. Sure Hufflepuffs were meant to be hard working but this Hufflepuff boy was anything but that. He was a little too relaxed but, he suited Hufflepuff. There was no need for him to be anything else which really was something that he loved. It wasn't like he hadn't tried to see if he would be in other houses, but they never fitted him. Not even Hufflepuff's counterpart, Gryffindor. Which the girl in fron of him was. It was something he understand when she looked embarrassed for startling him. He was the type to get embarrassed. He didn't get surprised at that. He was just all too often the one generally surprising others of his antics. But he just smiled at the girl, in an attempt to make her feel more comfortable. "It's fine." He nodded. He looked around and realised it was just them. So if any one else had gone up to him then he hadn't heard him and he hoped it hadn't happened. He hated when he accidentally ignore someone. It was silly. He looked at the girl as she said she knew who he was. It was slightly odd, but he was used to that. He liked it. It was nice. Although he wondered if they had already met. He felt his cheeks redden at the thought of having forgotten the girl. He wanted to be able to remember her. But when she gave her name he had to admit it did not ring any form of bell within his head. It was just a name to him. A new name. "It's nice to meet you Elouise." Elijah said, smiling and nodding at the girl. "Well, I'm fairly quiet too. Well, just fairly distant. I play the guitar which doesn't make me quiet." Elijah motioned to the guitar beside him. The only thing that really did give him confidence. He took it in his hand and played a strum, before wincing slightly. "Oh, f**k, it is out of tune" Elijah said before beginning to tune the guitar. He did it by ear, something he was good at. Another thing he was fairly good at was swearing. Unlike most his age, Elijah had a small tendency to use a few more curse words than most. "So what do you like to do Elouise?"

Elouise stared at the ground unable to comprehend why she must get so nervous and embarassed. She could play a solo in Orchestra back home infront of a Hall filled with people coming to see the young talent, yet talking to a kid her own age she couldn't handle. So much for being Gryffindor, but it did make sense why the Lion was the mascot, he was a cat afterall. Her hair covered the sides of her face which she was glad for, she didn't think she ever looked nice when pink from blushing. She hadn't had the chance to met alot of people during her years at Hogwarts. She had know one bully named Andrew, but he has since graduated. She knew a Ravenclaw girl, but she was two years older and Elouise didn't matter anymore. Lily was a nice Slytherin or it had seem but she more now more of a b!tch then anything else. She hadn't really known many others besides them.

He picked up his guitar and she actually managed a smile, it was nice though she was still suprised when he managed to fit in another swear word into the conversation. She didn't say anything about it, yet she thought of herself still being to young to use such harsh words herself but she couldn't stop others. "How long have you played?" She asked him looking over the body of his guitar, how she missed playing her smaller violen. It wasn't much different then the guitar, and she could play a few chords on the guitar, but it wasn't every much to get a song out.

The girl seemed nice. Quiet but nice. he was used to quiet, and he was generally the one who was just that. But, it was true that his guitar gave him a lot more confidence than anything else in his life. It was right to think that being a Musician had helped him. He looked down at the guitar on his lap and then looked up to the girl smiling. "I've been playing, since I was about 7" Elijah said, not even needing to think. "I taught myself, so I can pretty much remember then entire hour of when I first played." He gave the guitar a quick strum. "To be honest, the first week was just one filled with levels of frustration and anger that would cause full grown adults to break down and give up. But, I'm a hufflepuff. I don't give up. I never gave up hope that I would be able to play it." Elijah admitted. He was an open and honest kind of person, the type that saw very little point in hiding everything away and bottling up everything that he was. Elijah much preferred his method of honesty. It meant that no person could actually hurt him. Not as badly as they would want to. Spreading his secrets wasn't something that he could think would annoy him. When it came to his home life, he knew it was too complex for most to understand. "It's a good thing I never did give up, because now, music is my everything. Like literally, I am never parted from this for longer than necessary." Elijah nodded as he stroked the guitar. Before strumming it lightly. Llike the soundtrack to their conversation. He just played and played. He was doing most of the talking, which he pretty much realised as he played and smiled warmly at the girl. She seemed nice and she seemed like the kind of person that he could easily get along with. Which was always a plus. He lacked some what in the friends department. not because he didn't try, just that he spent so much time, playing his guitar that going out and making friends had taken a backwards step. Where as in first year, the hufflepuff had been setting out to make as many friends as he could, now all the boy seemed to do was play his guitar in the background as people around him did everything that he had wanted to do. It wasn't something that bothered him, more something that he had just grown accustom to. "Do you play anything?" Elijah asked in his usual friendly tone, while strumming the song why can't we be friends one of his favourite songs, and fairly simple one to play. "You have the musical air to you. Nothing bad about that. Musical people are always the better" He grinned at the girl, really hoping that the girl would warm up to him.​

Elouise didn't mind this boy at all, he seemed very nice, like most Hufflepuffs were. He was into music which was even better for her to feel comfortable around him. For the girl it sucked not having many friends, and being to shy to really talk to people in the first place. That was one reason why he might not remember her, despite them having worked together in Potions two years ago for the first half of the year. She didn't mind him not remembering her, she wouldn't blame him for it, it was her own fault people forgot about her; yet she was okay with being wallpaper. "That's neat," she said to him as he concluded his speech about learning guitar. And Elouise really did mean it, it was an interesting tidbit about the boy that she'd remember. "I play violin but I can manage alittle guitar too," she told him a closed-lip smile on her face. It was the only smile she ever used, not liking the way her face screwed up when she showed her teeth while smiling. It was just like her to judge herself and not others, she was very candid yet not about herself. While at school she practiced crazily on Quidditch and at home her Violin never left her side, it wasn't a wonder why she had no friends. "Do you sing as well?" She asked knowing alot of people who played guitar liked to sing while they played and write songs. Elouise thought Elijah didn't really seem like the type to open up and sing, but you never know. He could turn out to be and suprise her; again. Though this would be a good surpise, unlike his swearing, that was more shocking to her from such a young boy's mouth.

The girl definitely did not speak much. He had albeit done a lot of the talking. Where to the point where it resembled rambling, but it was his way of making the people around him feel more comfortable, which was something that he did with ease when he had his guitar, it was something he did less easily when there wasn't his guitar on his lap. The hufflepuff was never quite sure why that was. Just that it was that way. He was never that far from the instrument. he was always at least with it once everyday for up to an hour. That was the minimum. He actually tended to spend every spare second with it. Most of the night, and when others were doing anything interesting, Elijah would opt out and just be with his guitar. It was quite the little obsession. And he didn't care. Elijah knew full well that he was obsessed with it. He knew that it was everything that he was. It was more a part of him than anything else in the world. It more or less defined him more than his parents ever thought they'd be able to. He knew that his family meant well, but then it wasn't something that he could actually put up with. He knew that his family, the ones he had to live with now, actually cared little about him and how he was feeling. They wouldn't care if he was angry about how they made him feel like a child even though he was 14, to turn 15. And he knew more about life and suriving than they ever would. Than his sister would ever. it was just because of his upbringing before them, that he was better off. he'd gotten the much better deal. He looked at the girl as she answer his question. "That's Awesome. Violins are so not the thing for me. Plus, I think if I'd had a violin instead a guitar, Myles would've smashed it to pieces." Elijah gave a small laugh, although not kidding at all. He knew that if it had been a violin and not a guitar, and he'd been practicing it just as much, it would've been a goner. It was why he looked upon his guitar fondly. It was a wonder that his foster father had never smashed it while he'd been their. "I do." Before taking the song he was strumming and singing along. Why can't we be friends, a good little song to sing. And he only sung the chorus before stopping and smiling at the girl, almost to say, see I can. He was pretty happy with his guitar. "Can you?" Elijah returned the question in a friendly manner.​

Elouise was suprised by how much he had to say. He was always the other quiet kid in the class, never really saying much but doing his work just the same. It was strange for her to actually have to hold a side of the conversation and it just wasn't something she was used too. Yet she had been the one to go up to the boy and start the conversation she should add more into it then just a random question from no where. "They aren't something for alot of people, but alot of people have friends to entertain them," she told him her shoulders being shrugged, it wasn't something she liked to bring up to people, but prehaps if she did he'd offer to remain her friend through the rest of school, which would be nice. Elouise smiled at the boy as he began to sing, pushing her hair back and sitting up straight opening herself up more. He was really good, like amazingly good, it was suprising. After all they weren't very old and yet he manged the part of the song just fine even enjoying himself as he did. "No I, uh, I-i'm nott very googood," she said with a nervous laugh. Singing was always a great fear for her, atleast to do it infront of people. Alone with her hairbrush she didn't think she sounded that bad actually but there wasn't anyone to judge her which was how she preferred it.

A part of the hufflepuff believed that the girl he was with, was probably good at singing, but just the type that wasn't able to sing in front of others. It had once been like that for the hufflepuff, but, his love for music had completely over taken his fear of people hearing him. he sung, wherever and whenever he wanted. it annoyed some, but that was what Elijah really enjoyed about it. He loved being able to do whatever he liked and not care about what others thought. It was practically the only true law that the Hufflepuff lived by. Obviously since it was the only one he really excersied. But the Hufflepuff was by no means not someone who only live by one law, he had plenty of little ones, they were just not of much used to him. They were just there and he didn't enjoy having to be forced into following everything. Elijah was the kind of person that if boxed up for too long, would go insane and run as far as he could, for as long as he could. A flight risk. Which he knew his parents saw him as. But, the hufflepuff knew that he wouldn't run from them. Only if it became to hard for him to be in the same place as them. But, he realised that the girl in front of him, he wondered if he could make her sing, with him. it was the way he usually did things. If they were musical, then it was always good fun. But, the girl was nervous. Getting her to sing. he had to let her pick the song. one she liked. He hoped he'd be able to play it. Elijah had a wide knowledge of music. He had a good memory, and he'd played most by ear, getting the music later. And by that point he was pretty good that song. "I'm sure that's not true." He stopped strumming his guitar. And smiled at the girl. "Tell me Elouise, what is your favourite song?" Elijah asked. "And don't say you don't have one, or it changes often. There is always a song that makes you smile whenever you hear it." Elijah nodded. He was pretty sure. His favourite changed about as often as lightening, but he would always have at least two songs, that made him smile whenever he sung it, played it, or listened to it.​

Elouise had to bite her lip, she wasn't sure where the boy got his courage to speak so much. Being a wallpaper type of person all her life she never really understood courage. Yet she had been placed in Gryffindor for that reason, of possesing courage. Glancing around she knew they were alone in the field yet she never felt comfortable without the soft sound of water falling in the shower. It was like a hundred people applauding her, which always was nice. Suddenly she wished the weather would change and it would rain, she may feel more comfortable singing in the rain. "No, I'm really not good," she said looking around squinting from the sun's light keeping her eyes away from the boy afraid he might pressure her into singing. The young girl knew she was suppose to say no to peer-pressure but it was never easy and usually she failed at having courage, unless it came to the really dangerous things. Being a Gryffindor and only having courage to sit on top of a broom wasn't really much of a big thing to her. She knew alot of people were afraid of flying, yet it always made her feel like she belonged, even if she never really said anything to anyone on the team just followed the Captain's rules. "I really only know my violin music," she told him shrugging her shoulders. Honestly if he made her sing any old song it'd be more then likely that she didn't know the words, she never really listened to that music in the first place. Her time was filled with Violin and Quidditch, yet she missed try-outs this year.

There was a part of the Hufflepuff that wanted to just leave it as it was. but as the type that maybe tried too hard with people, he wasn't just going to give in. He was pretty certain that while the girl may think his annoying for trying to do so, music helped people relax. he felt it constantly made him a lot more at ease that when he was just trying to talk to people. At times the Hufflepuff just wondered if that was because he spent to much time with his guitar that it was his only real life line. Which was odd to think, but he knew it probably wasn't far from the truth. Elijah had never really thought of his guitar as anything other than a friend that couldn't really talk. He had one sided conversations with it, but that was his slightly crazier side. And while he did that when no one was around, he was sure most others wouldn't put it past him. Elijah wasn't sure why people really thought him crazy. Apart from playing his guitar almost all of the time, Elijah had to think that he was actually pretty sane. He looked to the girl, and noticing that she really wasn't appearing to be confident to sing. Which was odd, he thought she looked like the kind of girl who would be able to be a lot more confident. But, instead of trying to persuade her in the normal sense, Elijah just strummed his guitar. He was trying to think of his. His favourite song. Which was a difficult one since he had a huge amount of favourites, and it depended on his mood. One of his favourites, was the song from the first toy story. You've got a friend in me. He didn't know why, but it was just a great tune to play and sing. And it meant a lot to him. It was a song that basically defined loyalty. It would always been the song that he knew was more than just a normal song about friendship. He wondered if the girl would've seen the film, considering it was older than them. He looked down at his hands as she spoke once more. he just nodded and strummed a slightly different chord. "Well, I'll play mine, if you know it, you can join in. It's a pretty easy song." Elijah said, strumming the beginning of the song, and then getting right into it. Hoping that the girl would also sing along. He had a slight idea that she wouldn't, but he was happy to be singing. The smile as he sang was as ever friendly and warm as it was when he spoke. Elijah was a hufflepuff who just liked to have fun. He just hated stressing over things, playing and singing, just made him smile and feel like anything was possible.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back