Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
10 inch straight, slightly springy Vine with Fwooper Feather Core
Em was happy to be back at school and away from her dramatic sister. A lot had happened over break, though she imagined her cousin was taking the brunt of it. As the eldest of all the Michaels kids she had to wonder if there was anything she could do to help out, and she was stressing about it more than she'd thought she would.

For now, she was in the Slytherin Common room, reading. Her feet hooked over the top of the couch and her head hung towards the floor. She flipped the page, ignoring the occasional snicker from other Slytherins as they passed by. She had never really fit in, and it didn't bother her. There were only three kids she really even talked to, but even then she didn't spend a lot of time with them.

She shut her book and stretched, startled a bit when she slid. She flipped back up onto the couch, knowing that she could only ignore the problem for so long before she would have to deal with it. She rubbed her eyes and groaned, struggling to find a solution for Onyx's latest troubles.

Lucca wonder into the common room, flicking through a magazine his sister gave to him for some source of entertainment. He didn't understand how she thought he would find these muggel magazines any entertaining? Except for the models and cars, he really didn't care for much of the written work. He read enough in textbooks during lessons. Lucca toss the magazine to the side, and sat down not too far from Em. The loner from their small group of friends, Lucca bother Em a whole less then he would with Waldorf.

"Hey!" Lucca greeted her from where he sat. His loudness echoed, which bother some of his peers floating around. Lucca flipped the bird, smiling to himself. "Bunch of squares, anyways. What are ya up to Em? How the holiday treat you?" Lucca asked the girl. Boredom struck and there wasn't much to do at the moment. He figured, they could catch up and maybe find the two love birds in Gryffindor.

Em slid her hands down her face to see Lucca plopping down next to her. He greeted her loudly before flipping off a few passerby. She grinned a bit. He always did seem to cheer her up a bit.

She groaned though at his question. "Family drama," she sighed, rubbing her forehead. "My younger cousin is having issues and we all had to get involved. How bout you? Do anything fun over break?" She asked, flashing him a somewhat friendly smile.

"Oh that's too bad. Why they dragging you innit?" Lucca question his friend. "Define fun? Was a pest the entire time I was with my sister. She grateful for it, it keeps her young!" The boy smile widely. "Other than the usual, guess you can say it was a little dull. Atkin was suppose to pay a visit, but he couldn't make it at the last minute."

Em rolled her eyes a bit dramatically when Lucca asked why her family was dragging her into their issues. "It sorta affects everyone, I guess. Are you asking to be polite or because you actually wanna know?" She questioned, blunt as usual.

"I'm curious now that you mention it, why couldn't Atkin come visit?" Em crossed her legs as she talked, placing her chin in her hand. She thought idly that she should talk to Lucca more often; he was good company. A little crude, maybe, but that didn't bother her much. She could be herself around him and not worry about it.

"Huh?" The boy question, then proceed to nudge his neighbor with his elbow. "If I'm asking ya, I wanna know!" Lucca was generally curious about his friend. This entire time of their friendship, Em kept a low profile on her end. That really didn't swim well with Lucca.

"I dunno. I think he was with Aliviah, or something?" Lucca shrugged. And his sister really didn't have the patience for another teen running around. Maya was so glad he didn't make it, while Lucca pester because of it. "Or he lacked any means of transportation."

Em considered Lucca for a minute before shrugging. "Alright. When Onyx's parents bit it, he went to live with Uncle James. But, he had a twin, Sapphire, who went to live with his mum's sister. Thing is, the dryshite went on a trip and came back saying his sister had died. Turns out, she just dumped Sapphire at this Orphanage in New Zealand. Onyx found out about it after some lass from Hogwarts New Zealand mistook him for her. I suppose it's a big deal," She looked to Lucca for his reaction. "But it's hitting Onyx more than the rest of us. I feel responsible for the wee little Feck, though, so I should probably do somethin' to help."

She shrugged before nudging Lucca with her foot. "Tell me, are those two datin' or not? I mean, if they stare any harder one of 'em is goin' to go up in flames."

"Seriously?" Lucca has never heard of such a ludicrous thing. His mother having a twin sister living in the UK, was about closes thing. But it wasn't as bad. "That's pretty effing terrible, why would she say that? I mean, it's a good thing she was alive and in orphanage...I guess." Lucca can comment and all, but he wouldn't get the situation if he weren't going through it himself. "Be there for him, sure he appreciate it!"

Lucca gesture with his hands, "You tell me?! Atkin an idiot, both of them are clueless." Lucca wouldn't care if they weren't his friends.

Em shrugged at Luca's comments. Seemed he had about the same reaction to the whole thing she did. "Can you imagine what the girls thinkin though?" She grimaced before shaking her head. "Ah, well. I can't do nothin' bout it from here, so I suppose there ain't no sense worryin'".

Em did laugh at Lucca's response to her question about the other two. "I never understood that." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "If ya like someone, why not just tell em? Nothin' will happen if ya don't."

"Nope, because I'm not going through it." He pointed out. Lucca rubbed his chin as if he were putting himself in the situation, or not. Lucca couldn't see it. His family weren't that heartless. He ponder more about the Michaels, now.

"They probably thinking of the worst results, I dunno?? Why put ya self through the stress?! Makes no sense." Lucca briefly looked over at Em. "The way I see it, Atkin wasting time not telling her. Two more years and we won't be at Hogwarts anymore."

Em nodded. Lucca always seemed to tell it to her straight, and she liked that. He'll, she sorta liked him. She studied him for a minute as she thought. "Yeah, that's true. We only have a few more years, those two really shouldn't wait forever."

She watched Lucca as she voiced her thoughts. "On that topic, do you wanna go on a date?" She asked offhandedly. "You don't pretend to be someone ya ain't, and I like that." Her Irish accent came through a bit as she spoke. "Ya don't have ta say yes, I'm jus curious. If there was anybody in this school I'd get on with I'm bettin it's you. Besides," she teased, propping her feet across his lap, "ya ain't half bad to look at."

Lucca laughed. "That came out hellah random." He stared down her legs that casually ran across his lap. "If you're asking me cause your arse is lonely, I'm not the one. But if you're asking because you're generally interested in me then I might take you up on that offer." He said more seriously. Lucca not prone to falling easily for anyone. He though Em, well, was an alright girl. There more to be said there if he knew more of her.

Then he thought about Atkin and Ali, how the two fit nice easily with each other. Did he want something like that? Lucca reserve such a thing in silence. "Where would you want to go?"

Em reached over and lightly smacked Lucca upside the head. "Don't be stupid," she told him. "Do I look like I need a man to be happy?" She snorted, leaning back. "It's one date. You're cute and interesting and I want to know you better." She grinned playfully. "I figure Butterbeer at Hogsmeade sounds good, what about you?"

"Ah! I'm going to have to kick your arse for that." Lucca hissed, playfully. He wouldn't dare do so, maybe duel her or something, but never touch a girl. Lucca rubbed the back of his head, thinking it through. "Ah, thanks?" Lucca, "Honestly, not into the pretty block and dressing up. Not my style, but if you wanna get a butterbeer, I don't see why not?" Lucca smirks. "Could be fun, right? You're not so bad yourself, Michaels." Lucca agree to it out of impulse. Em, pretty and all, but he's not all sure about feelings. Lucca living in the moment.

Em snickered. "I'd like to see you try. We both know I would win any challenge you could come up with," She winked, the idea intriguing her. She needed a good challenge. She grinned when he agreed. "Oh, don't worry," She reassured him. "It's not a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of date. That would be what Kin and Ali need to go on. This is more... a friend date," She tried to explain. "No dressing up, no snogging. More like we hang out and see what happens."

"Right, I actually don't know anything." He said, as he dropped the playfulness in his voice. "That's the point though, innit?" Brows raised, suggestively. He went on, pointing at his neighbor. "We go and get to know each other? And who said no snogging?" He jumped to his feet, grinning. What teen wizard dumb enough to miss the chance making out with superb partner like Ember? "Don't speak for me, we going out now. Come on Em, let's go hang out!"

Lucca was moving a mile a minute, taking the calm Slytherin by surprise. Every time she started to formulate a response he was on to the next thing, and before she knew it he had hopped up and declared they were going out now.

She looked up at him with surprised eyes before letting out a delighted laugh. "You're crazy. Let's go." She stood up and featured for him to lead the way.

"Maybe I am? Rather crazy, than boring." Lucca mused. Lucca lead the way out the common room. He turn on the spot and walked backwards. "Think I'm going insane in this place. Whatever the hell it is, I can't wait to graduate." Lucca expressed. Occasionally, he dream over his future and thought of things he saw himself doing after Hogwarts. It's all great until he wakes, recalling back the feeling, but forgetting what the heck he accomplished in those dreams. It lead him frustrated and unable to find himself back to sleep.

Ember followed Lucca out of the common room, possibly glancing at his butt on the way. She had to admit the boy was good looking. He turned and she acted like she hadn't been staring. He was talking about graduating and getting out of school. She thought on what he said.

"I wouldn't mind getting away from all these dumb kids, I know that." She conceeded, wondering idly what she should do once she got out of school. "Do you have any plans for after ya get out of here?"

"Caught ya looking, Michaels. Tell me, was it nice?" He teased the blonde. Lucca didn't know how to deal with this kind of attention. Atkins, sweet and polish boy, always got the attention from the girls around here. Or, maybe it seem that way to him. Lucca, wouldn't care either way. Except, this girl, his friend wasn't just a random girl swooning after him. That cause Lucca to stop right in front of the girl. "Hold on, you're serious about doing this? Once it happens, there no going back."

Ember blushed and stuck her tongue out at Lucca, a little embarrassed that he caught her looking. Her stomach twisted into knots like it did sometimes when Lucca was around. He turned to face her again and asked her in all seriousness if she meant it. That there was no going back. No, Lucca, there really isn't.

Instead of trying to string together a coherent thought, she stood on tiptoe and kissed him lightly. She gave him a sassy smile and continued on, hoping he didn't notice her face burning. She had just admitted to herself today that she had a crush on the boy, and it was making it harder to act like she didn't.

"Don't be ridiculous," She called back at him. "When have I ever done something without overthinking it first?" It was a little jab at herself, but it was true nonetheless. Ember had never been one to waste her time on useless things. Which is probably why she had failed Herbology, but that wasn't her point right now.

The kiss was short and sweet, if he were to describe it. A little too short and she got away him before he could react in anyway. "And you think that's any fair? Kiss me and walk away?" He called after her. Then it was him walking fast, him well running to catch up to the blonde. Lucca pulled her from moving another step, and then turn her around to face him. "Who do you think you are, Michaels?"

Lucca looped her by the waist and wield her in. Then, it was he kissing her. Lips planted against the blonde, beating the short and sweet kiss to something sincere and tangible. He didn't think he had it in him. Lucca amazed himself to pull such a stunt, he was bold and blunt some times, and then these rare moments just sort of happen and take over. "Forget the date. I think you're already mines, Michaels."

Ember laughed a bit. "All's fair in love and war," She responded, ready to make another sassy quip when Lucca grabbed her and spun her around. She raised a brow and was about to retort when Lucca put an arm around her waist and kissed her.

Her breath caught in her throat and her eyes fluttered shut. She raised her hands to hold Lucca's shoulders as her heart hammered away in her chest. He pulled away, too soon. She hid her face in his chest, fighting to catch her breath and maybe her sanity.

She let out a breathless laugh. "Oh, come on now, you're making me blush." She teased, before looking up at the boy with sparkling eyes. "That wasn't so hard. Now we just need to get Alikin to stop playing around and do the same thing." She teased their friends lightly, using the nickname Lucca had given them ages ago.

"So," She asked, stepping back and straightening her hair. "If you're going and canceling my date, then what do you have in mind instead?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back