Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ramasexual
Wand
12 ½' Dogwood Assorted with Phoenix Tail Feather
Bummed! That was the only word he could muster up and shouting out at the top of his lungs. He should've known. Why did he bother?! Why not him?! It was totally unfair!! Syrus couldn't believe that he didn't make the team. He did good, he knows he did good. He couldn't get it out of his head that they didn't pick him. Why?! After seeing the list posted up in the common room, he wanted to protest the decision. He would've brought to the head of house, claiming this year team captain was a little bias. He had a problem with that, if he had gone. But he was sure of it, sure as he is for not getting picked. Acting out would only lead to detention and then Stella would know. Then his mom. It'd be a waste of breath and he'll be in trouble.

He had to get away. Away from the common room, and his fellow cubs. Syrus proceeded to march out the castle's front door. He didn't slow or stop until he met the lakefront. Right where he stops, he slumps down crossing his legs. He could've gone on, passed forbidden territory. Guess he had a little sense of self awareness. It doesn't help that he'd like to throw the team captain overhead, into the lake. Maybe the squid monster would get him. Oh joyous thought. If only, he sighs leaning back to his palms. Sit and grumble, that's the best he could do.

April was over the moon, she had made the quidditch team! Sure, she was only an alternate seeker, but her name was still on that list! Her photo would be in Accio on the page for the team, maybe someone would even recognize her next year! She had to get the joy out by going outside and moving, as that was how she reacted to exciting news. She ran out onto the lawn, grinning as she spun around in excitement until she got dizzy. Then she just walked for a while to clear her head before doing a few cartwheels. She ended up near the lake and considered kicking off her shoes and jumping in, just for fun, when she noticed a boy. He looked... very grumpy. Never one to be shy, April plopped down next to him and poked his shoulder. "Why are you glaring at the lake like that, did the giant squid pop out a tentacle and steal your sandwich?" It was a random guess, but it was something she would do if she were a giant squid.

Suddenly, out of nowhere a girl sat down besides him. He felt the poke and she asked a silly question. "No!" Syrus grumble, annoyed. He gripped the grass leafs near the lake's edges and pull them out in clumps. Pulling, pulling till he had more than enough to ball the said grass leafs then he tossed them. One ball of grass, two and then three. Taking out his rage on the grass for not making it on the team. He huffed. Each ball spread, losing shape rapidly til they were just scattered grass leafs. "Stupid squid. I bet there none here."

April raised her eyebrows at the boy's grumble and his angry expression. It had just been a question. Then he started murdering the grass around him and April watched him in a bemused way. "That grass did nothing to you, you know." She pointed out. "And I wouldn't start calling the squid stupid and saying it doesn't exist, because if I were a giant squid in a lake, I would definitely grab the boy saying I don't exist and pull him into the water to prove a point. Especially if he was as grumpy as you are being." She said matter-of-factly. "Wouldn't you if you were a giant squid?" The idea of being a giant squid was kind of funny, and she contemplated it for a moment. Then she moved on. "So what made you so angry you're yelling at squids and torturing the grass?"

After all that huffing and wailing on the grass he sat still. His hands in turn were dirty with dirt and grass leafs. Syrus didn't want to be bothered, especially by someone patronizing him. "Who are you, my mom?!" Syrus shouted at the girl. The last thing he wanted to hear was someone telling him that he was in the wrong in his actions and the way he felt. No one would like that! "If there is a squid in that lake right now and he swallowed me whole, good! I rather it eat me than having to sit next to some girl telling me how to feel. It's not your call!" Syrus grumble some more. Deep down it scare the crap out of him if the squid did such a thing. He'd be the first to be swallowed because he never heard of the squid ever attacking anyone before. Guess that's how he'd made the assumption of it not being there. "Why do you care? I don't know who the heck you are anyways."

"I'm not nearly old enough to be your mom," April joked casually, not put off by his shouting. "I'm not telling you how to feel at all! I'm only warning you about the squid and asking what is wrong. You're being a jerk, you know that? I thought Gryffindors were nice." She said with a small frown. "I was only asking, no need to yell at everyone just because you're in a bad mood. My name is April, and now that you know who the heck I am I'd like to ask you who the heck you are too." She wasn't really mad at him, but she did think his behavior wasn't very nice. She hoped he would turn it around so she could help him with whatever was wrong, but if not she could always just leave him to sulk. "And why you're being such a grump."

Syrus rolled his eyes. "Well maybe I'm not your typical Gryffindor. And whoever said that is full of boloney!" If anything he heard it's the other way around. Where do these traits even come from? He guessed the founders, or something. "Congrats, you figured out that I'm in a bad mood. Johnny, tell her what's she won?!" he grumped some more. April, has he heard the name before? He didn't think so. Stella never mention it. He sighed regretting coming out. However, if he had sat inside someone from his house would've approached him like April here. As mad as he was, he was glad it wasn't someone from his house who saw him like this. "If you must know I'm mad because I didn't make the team. Team captain this year so bias!" Syrus growls, laying on his back in frustration. He kicked and stomp his feet, airing out some more aggression. It was kinda helping his foul mood.

April snorted. "Maybe, they say Hufflepuffs are nice too but there's a few in my year..." She pretended to shudder. "I guess it's all a bunch of boloney if you get down to it, and people from any house can be jerks!" She picked a flower and twirled it around,wondering if flowers would cheer this boy up. Probably not. When he finally told her what was wrong, she felt a little guilty. She had made the team, though only as an alternate. She grimaced, hoping she looked less guilty than she felt. Normally she would have blurted out she had made her team, but she didn't want to make the boy feel even worse. For once, she had a bit of tact. Though the urge to tell him still wasn't completely gone. "That stinks! Boo! Were there many people trying out?" She asked him curiously. She hoped for him the team had just been full, and not that he was bad. "I mean, did it go really badly or did you just not fit?"

Syrus sat up again, bypassing another temper tantrum. He didn't mean to behave like this, especially not in front of this, April person! Argh. "I guess there were a lot of them trying out and I don't think I did bad." he responded more calmly. It's his biggest disappointment in school, he think it's fair to be upset. It's probably the only thing he looked forward to besides the magic. And magic and broomstick went hand and hand. Without magic there wouldn't be quidditch. Syrus lean his palm under his chin. He went right back to facing the lakefront again. "The names Syrus, just in case you were wondering...."

April nodded. "Gryffindors seem to be sporty, so maybe that's just it! Maybe it was just too full!" She said encouragingly. "You have to try again next year and show them what you can do, okay? I bet they'll lose badly this year because obviously Hufflepuff is going to win again and then next year they'll be needing someone fresh!" She was excited about her own idea, already picturing it in her mind. "And you can train all year so you're awesome at the next tryouts!" She declared with a grin. "Syrus is a nice name!" She added for good measure, hopeful it would help cheer him up a little more. She clapped her hands in excitement. "Maybe we can train together sometime! What position do you play?"

He looked at the girl weirdly. She was too peppy for his sour mood. And his sister nothing like her, well she was at one point. Guess he didn't notice until now, what a terrible brother he's been. Great, one more thing to be disappointed about. "Argh, yeah okay. Whatever you say." he ignored the part with her declaring early victory for Hufflepuff. That's stupid, in his opinion. That's like celebrating your birthday early and you die on your birthday. Sour mood and brooding, he couldn't help it. "I don't know....I just tried out for one position and for the first time. How do you even know what position you're good at if you've only played the game once?" Syrus asked. To be frank, he thought he'd made an excellent keeper. Maybe. Imagine him as keeper, and maybe all he had to do was smile to distract them long enough for his team to steal the ball?! It would be hilarious!

April grinned when the boy didn't even deny Hufflepuff was going to win again. Maybe he was just so unhappy with the captain's decision that he no longer wanted Gryffindor to win? Or maybe he had just ignored it. She nodded eagerly when he asked he question. "Exactly! Sometimes you need some more time and practice, but we could do that if you wanted! You can try them all out and see what fits best? I tried out for seeker and-" she stopped and faltered. Her stupid blabbermouth! She hadn't meant to tell the boy she had tried out at all, because then he might ask if she got on the team and she had, though only as alternate. Well, nothing to be done about it now, "...and I think that suits me but I'm not completely sure." She added with a small shrug. "I haven't played much either."

Syrus sighed. He wanted to just give up on the idea of ever being on a team. Less of a headache for him if he quit. Not to mention less of a headache for his family. "You tried out for seeker?" He asked April. He had no clue how to react to that. The Gryffindor distracted himself with grass leafs once again. Instead of pulling them by the roots, he just took one and twirled between his thumb and index finger. "That's nice." Syrus says, the grumpiness gone. All that energy throwing a tantrum pretty much drained him completely of any. Syrus reclines, resting right on his elbows. For a minute he rest, then he lays on his back entirely looking up mild, cloudy skies. Sun out but the rays barely touched them. "I guess we can practice sometimes...."

April was glad the boy seemed less angry. Sometimes yelling helped, she knew from her own experience. And sometimes it just helped if someone listened. She hoped she had helped the boy, and not just annoyed him. April knew she could be annoying, and usually didn't much care. She was always unapologetically herself, even if others didn't like it. Her slip of the tongue wasn't unnoticed, but it didn't seem to make Syrus angry again. This was encouraging. "Yes I did." She said with a small smile. "I got alternate, but honestly that's more the empty quidditch team than anything else!" She wasn't usually modest, but boasting now would be a bad idea. "It's unlikely that I'll get to play, but still." She picked a daisy and started rolling it between her fingers idly. Even though she was always energetic, this moment felt calm and relaxing. It was nice to make a new friend, even though she wasn't sure if the boy actually liked to talk to her or was too lazy to walk away. She would take it, though. "Practice would be fun! I'll look for you sometime when the weather is nice and bully you into it. Deal?" She grinned at him, only half-joking.

Syrus nodded. He didn't know what else to say to her. He didn't expect for anyone to care what he was going through, let alone come up with a solution for not making in the team? He'll take it. Whatever that was motivating her, he would have to thank for her later. Right now he would just like to forget he had thrown a tantrum like a baby. He felt his cheeks sort of burn from his actions earlier. How annoying had he looked in her eyes? He wasn't about to ask such a stupid question to make him feel even more embarrassed. He jolted up to his feet and headed back down towards the castle. "I just remembered, I have something to do....Ah, see you later? And ah, thanks." He called over his shoulders to April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back