Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Unyielding Holly Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Just one more to go before he could run off to the Owlery and open up his presents. He nodded and smiled at Jacob once he had his rose and then hurriedly walked over to the staff table. He looked up at the Professor to check if he wasn't interrupting her before saying, ''Professor Layton? I'm with the rose delivery service,'' he began. ''And I am supposed to deliver one to you, do you have time?''

Olive had been in mid conversation with Jon over lunch, the idea of roses completely out of her mind as it felt like weeks ago that she'd submitted her own. The Great Hall had looked a little busier than usual, but the Potions Professor put that down to simply valentines day and the enjoyable atmosphere in the air was creating a buzz through the whole room. She was distracted by conversation though as a student called out her name, and realising that the rose deliveries would also be handed out today also made her chuckle. "Of course, of course." she said, beckoning the student over. "Have you had many to give out today?" She asked him, now noting that it made sense as to why so many were lingering in the room as they searched for one another.

Tomas nodded at the question. ''Eight, Professor,'' he answered. ''But you are my last one.'' and he was very excited about the fact that she was. Whilst standing in front of the Professor, he started wondering if had parents had bought him the broomstick he had told him about. A new one would sure as hell be useful now that the year was coming to an end - he would have to practise a lot if he wanted to fill James' position as Seeker next year.

Olive smiled at the student when he mentioned he'd already given out another seven roses. She was glad to see so many people get involved with an event like this, chipping in to make it fun for everyone. "Oh excellent, it's people like you that are running this school!" she said with a grin, knowing the Hogwarts would be a much quieter place if there weren't so many people willing to help out. "Do you have any plans for the rest of the day? Of course there's the dance this evening which should be exciting too," she added encouragingly, wondering herself still whether she'd be poking her head in since so many were going to the effort of holding it.

He wasn't sure about people like him running this school but he smiled happily at the woman when she asked him about his plans for today. ''It's my birthday today,'' Tomas told the Professor. ''So once I'm done here, I'm heading straight to the Owlery to get my presents.'' She had also mentioned the dance but he wasn't going to go to it this year, as he would hopefully have better things to do tonight.

Olive smiled as he spoke of his birthday, what a memorable day indeed. "I hope you have an extra lovely day then! How old are you now?" She asked, think he looked around the same age as her sister and whether she'd be teaching him in a couple of years. The potions Professor glanced back between Jon and the student, not wanting to keep him for too long from his presents. "So where's this rose then?" She teased, "Just one left right and then you're free!"

''Fourteen, Professor.'' the Gryffindor replied. The conversation between the two had briefly taken his mind off whatever would be waiting for him up in the Owlery so when she mentioned the rose he looked confused for a moment. ''Oh! Yes, sorry!'' He took it out of his bucket and handed it over to the woman with a smile. ''Happy Valentines Day!'' Tomas added.
I would send a heart shaped pizza, but there was no event for that.

Jon

P.s Dogs are better than cats.

Olive took the rose from the student with a smile, "Thank you, and happy birthday!" she replied, before turning the note over in her hand. Before she could stop herself she found herself laughing at the message, amazed that they had managed to both mention similar things, not that Jon knew it yet of course. "You are never going to let that go are you?" she asked her colleague beside her. Not even Monty had been able to settle the argument but at this point, it was just funny to argue with the man for the sake of it.

Jon turned his attention from his conversation with Olive, to his lunch when a student arrived to deliver her a rose. He had a suspicion it was the yellow rose he sent but did not know for sure until after the last bite of his sandwich. He swallowed his mouthful and smiled as Olive laughed at the note, later laughing himself as he replied to her question. "Why would I ever want to let it go? I'm right and I want you to know that." Arguing with Olive for the sake of it was fun and he wasn't about to let that end without a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back