Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Teddy ♡
Wand
Curly 11" Sturdy Pine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Clementine felt a little guilty because her curiosity had gotten the best of her and she had taken a peek at the note that accompanied this flower. She thought it was so sweet so she decided to take extra care with this rose because it was supposed to be special. Once she approached the Slytherin table she looked for one of the Hope twins. "Excuse me Lilyanna?" Clementine squeaked out once she found her.

One thing Lilyanna had learnt whilst being at Hogwarts was that celebrations weren't always that bad. Valentine's Day did seem slightly annoying being a whole day dedicated to love, but people's reaction to getting roses were very interesting to watch. The girl sat at the Slytherin table drawing in her journal when she was interrupted by someone. She almost turned around to snap at them until she realised that it was one of the people handing out roses. Instead, the slytherin didn't say anything and looked at her sheepishly, unsure what to say.

Clementine smiled once the girl looked up. She didn't need confirmation if she was the Slytherin or not because Clementine often people-watched so she knew who everyone was even if they did not know her. "This is for you!" Clementine said, pulling out a yellow rose from her bucket delicately. "It comes with a card," she added, looking for the card with her name on it to give it to her.
To Lilyanna,

Did you know there are over 100 species of roses? This particular rose is yellow and its brightness is meant to attract birds and insects in order to help the plant reproduce. Roses are one of the most common flowers amongst muggles. I recommend you keep this rose nice and safe.

Happy Valentine's Day,
Professor Carter.
<i>
</i>​

Lilyanna figured there would only be one particular person that would even think of getting her a rose. But when she took the card from the girl and read the note her eyes widened. It wasn't in fact who she thought it was, but the message inside made her smile. She had only spoken to Professor Carter once before and he seemed to already know her quite well. The girl liked professors that were eager to get to know their students and so the kind gesture brightened her day. "It's from a professor." she muttered to the girl matter-of-factly, pocketing the note and keeping the rose close to her. "What he said is true, although I didn't know the reason why the flowers were bright. Did you know wild roses have 5 petals and 5 sepals? Any more than that is the result of mutation." Lilyanna hoped the girl knew what mutation was because she didn't want to explain it to her. Instead, Lilyanna simply turned around and continued to draw.

"I know!" Clementine said once the girl said it was from a professor. However, she quickly regretted it because she just gave away the fact that she had peeked at the card. "Isn't that so sweet?" she said trying to gloss over the mishap. She listened as the girl explained the characteristics of the flower, taking in every detail as she glanced down at the remaining roses she had. "Oh that's so interesting!" she said truthfully; she liked gardening and hoped to get better at it. "Well, happy Valentine's Day!" she said with another smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back