Patrick Vernier

former hufflepuff & prefect | french

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
On Valentine's Day, the Great Hall was definitely always crowded with people who were delivering roses and Patrick did not really enjoy being one of them. He loved to deliver roses, but sometimes the job of doing it in the Great Hall eventually became unbearable as it was the easiest place to find people. Patrick did not know the next person on his list and so he had no choice but to approach the Slytherin table. "Excuse me, do you know... Hayley Elridge?" he asked, slightly frustrated with himself. He hated having to look for people he didn't know and he hoped that this person knew exactly who he was talking about.

These days, Hayley never sat at the Slytherin house table. She had no friends there, unlike in Gryffindor, or even Hufflepuff, where she sometimes hung out with Ainsley. But she also knew by now to expect that on Valentines Day, strangers would try to find her there for rose deliveries. And she certainly didn't want to miss those declarations of friendship, so she made a point of passing the Slytherin table periodically throughout the day. And, indeed, this time she was in luck. "Hey," she said to the boy, approaching him from behind, "I'm Hayley."

Sometimes Patrick just had no luck with asking random people if they knew other random people. The boy almost gave up until Hayley Elridge came up from behind him. He jumped slightly, turning around and giving her a small smile. "Okay. I have a rose for you." he told her, looking around in his basket for the yellow rose. When he found it he held it out to her with the note attached. "Happy Valentine's Day."

Dear Hayley

Happy Valentines Day! Thank you for always being there for me and listening to me. I love talking to you and sharing our creative projects!

Have a good Valentines Day!

Love, Ainsley <3

Hayley smiled reassuringly at the boy, as he looked rather startled by her appearance. "Thanks," she said absently, already unfolding the note. Oh, what a lovely message, although this year it had a bittersweet note to it. Ainsley would be graduating, and Hayley would miss her, and their conversations, their quiet peaceful times. But then, next year she'd be graduating too, and everything would change.

Patrick gave the older girl a small smile as she thanked him for the rose. The message on the note must have been good as the girl did not react much to it, or maybe the girl never really reacted much to anything. Nonetheless, Patrick was glad to have successfully delivered another rose. "I have more roses to deliver so... uhh... see ya, I guess." With that, Patrick turned around and walked away to find the next person on his list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back