Closed Roaming Under The Midnight Sky

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
It was a quiet night and it had been past curfew hours. Everyone in the castle had been fast asleep, except for one, Samantha Jacobs. Samantha couldn't get to sleep, she had been tossing and turning for hours trying to get some sleep. But the tossing and turning was no use for Samantha. With one quiet sigh, Samantha got out of her bed quietly and decided to wander around the castle for a little bit. While walking, every so often she would trip over her own two feet. As she was walking, she had come across the library. She looked to her left and right, to see if anyone had followed her, before going into the library.

Hogwarts was starting to grow on the girl, even with her cousin here as well, and couldn't imagine going to another wizarding school like her brother. It was because of this that Paige wanted to explore more of the castle so she could get to know it better. It had to be close to midnight when Paige left the common room in the dungeons to head up to the grand staircase. She had to be sure that the others were fast asleep before she could sneak out of the dormitory, which was why she could not leave sooner - like she had wanted. She decided that she would try to sneak into the library tonight to see if she could get a closer look at the restricted section. She was of the opinion that it was stupid to make this particular section of the library forbidden for students as she would love to know what kinds of books were in there. It wasn't until she arrived at the library that she knew she wasn't alone anymore. ''Hello?'' Paige whispered carefully.

Samantha had been looking at the exciting books that had been displayed on the shelves when she heard a voice. She let out a little gasp, hoping that it wasn't heard from that person. Samantha's heart began to race, hoping she wasn't caught by a professor or staff member. Samantha turned to a shelf and took a wee peek of who was there, and let out a quiet sigh of relief when she noticed that it wasn't a professor, and got out of her hiding place and stood a couple of metres away from the girl. She waved slightly to the girl. "Hello" Samantha whispered out quietly.

Paige let out a sigh of relief when a girl emerged out of the darkness rather than a professor, and lit up the pointy-end of her wand to see who exactly was there. She didn't recognise the girl so figured that she must be older than she was. ''What are you doing out here?'' she asked, wondering if the girl had the same idea as her of attempting to get into the restricted section of the library. Hogwarts at night proved to be a lot tenser than she would've hoped, so she wouldn't mind having company whilst in the library.

Samantha smiles kindly to the girl and walks quietly and clumsily towards the girl. "I was just looking to see what books they had here, and maybe check out the restricted section if I had any time" Samantha whispers quietly as she looks around the dark library. She turns back to the slightly younger girl. "What about you? What are you doing here?" Samantha says as she whispers quietly and looking around at the same time, making sure that they aren't being caught.

Paige let out another sigh of relief as she realised that the girl in front of her wasn't a prefect either. Unless they made a noise she figured they would be safe from being caught by someone. She frowned a little when the girl said that she wanted to see what books they had here, thinking that she could also have done so during the daytime, but then she went on to mention the restricted section. It seemed like she wasn't the only one here for the restricted section after all. ''Checking what kinds of books are locked up in the restricted section,'' the Slytherin whispered back. ''I want to know what the makes the restricted section off-limit to us,'' she added, pointing her wand out in front of her to look into the library.

Samantha smiles a little when the younger girl when she had explained about the restricted section. "I have no idea why they're in the restricted section. They must be like, top-secret books or something" Samantha whispered quietly with a small smile. Samantha looked around the darkroom again, with only small light coming out of the ends out of both wands. She gulped slightly. She hoped that she wasn't making the worst decision.

''Wouldn't you want to know what's written in them?'' Paige asked with a grin. ''I will take the blame on me if we get caught,'' she added in the hope that she could convince the other girl to try and attempt to break into the restricted section. ''I'll tell them that I forced you into coming with me or else I'd hurt you.'' They were here now so why not take the risk of taking a closer look? If they didn't want students to get in there they should've brought it to everyone's attention, right?

Samantha thought for a minute. She had already tried to do this before with someone else, and they had gotten caught. What if they get caught again. She let out a little sigh. "Okay, fine I guess," Samantha says softly while giving in. She once again, looked around the dark library, nervously, to see if there was anyone else, before looking back at the girl. "Do you have any ideas on how we're gonna get in?" Samantha says curiously.

Paige went quiet when the other girl asked if she had any ideas on how to actually get into the restricted section. She was so occupied with the idea of learning what kinds of books would be in the off-limits area that she hadn't thought of a way to get behind the other side of the barricade. ''Eh, well, we could try Alohomora? Or maybe try to kick our way in?'' she replied, still thinking of other ideas.

Samantha thought for a moment. "I don't think Alohomora will work. I heard somewhere that there is a special spell or something on the locks. But I guess its worth a try" Samantha says with a shrug, as she slowly made her way to the restricted section and looking back and around her occasionally to see if there was anyone watching them. "Kicking our way in is an interesting tactic. Though it might be a loud tactic for us to get in." Samantha whispers quietly. She tried to think of any other ideas of getting in, nothing coming to mind.

She couldn't hide the disappointment on her face when the other girl said that the Unlocking charm would not work but figured that it wouldn't because that would be too simple for something called 'the restricted section'. ''We could try to kick it gently then?'' she asked, not really having any other ideas of how to get into the other section of the library herself. Guessing that the girl was older than she was, Paige asked, ''Are there any spells you might know that could help us to get in?'' She only really knew one spell and they had already determined that it was most likely not going to work. Paige was started to get impatient, however, and already gently started to kick the door with the tip of her shoes.

Last edited:
Samantha noticed the younger girl's disappointment. She felt bad that she didn't have any ideas on how to get into the restricted section. "I mean, if you think that kicking is the way to go, then sure" Samantha whispers with a shrug. She looked around the library to see if she had any ideas coming into her head. But again, nothing came to mind. "I don't really know spells that could help us out here. I don't have any ideas at the moment. I'm sorry." Samantha says as she sighs sadly. As she looked around, she may have thought of something. "Do you think there could be like a secret passageway, hidden in these walls to get into the restricted section?" Samantha questions quietly, feeling the walls that are near.

''Do you think we should look for some secret opening mechanism?'' the Slytherin said. It would sort of make sense for Hogwarts to have a secret opening mechanism to get access to something like the restricted section of the library since there were loads of hidden passageways and secrets around the castle. ''We could try and feel the walls for it, or pull out a few books nearby to see if something opens?'' At this point, Paige was just saying the first things that came to mind.

Samantha lets out a small smile. "I guess we could try those. I'll try and feel the walls and see if there is anything" Samantha whispers with a small smile. She walks up the walls that are near the restricted section, feeling if there was any small button or anything that could lead to a door or an entryway. She couldn't feel anything just yet.

She was running blank on other ideas of how to get into the restricted section and frankly wasn't having any of it. Of course the school would've put impregnable charms on the door, she would've done the same if she wanted to keep nosy students away from such a place, but that really didn't stop her from wanting to get in there. ''I will try the books then,'' she whispered back as she moved away to the nearest bookcase. She didn't think she would be right about this but might as well try since this castle was full of surprises lately. Pulling books halfway towards her, the girl listened carefully if she could hear any clicks while doing so.

Samantha nodded when the girl told her that she was going to try the books. Unfortunately, when trying to feel the walls, she couldn't find anything that would be a makeshift door. While walking across the long run that was placed on the wooden floor, she wasn't fully focused on where she was walking and slipped on the rug. "Ow," Samantha whispered quietly to herself as she rubbed her slightly sore arm. As she slowly got up, she noticed something under the corner of the rug. Samantha pulled the rug towards her when she noticed it was a trap door? "Psst! Hey! I think I found something!" Samantha whispered yelled. She hoped what she found would help them somehow.

The loud and sudden noise of the other girl slipping on the rug startled her and made her heart pound faster than it had ever done. Quietly, before slowly moving towards the girl, Paige listened for footsteps coming their way as surely someone would've heard the bang on the wooden floor of the library. Still trying to listen for sounds that would suggest that someone was coming their way, the Slytherin walked over to the other girl and pointed her wand at the floor. It certainly looked like something but Paige couldn't quite make out what exactly. For all they know this could be a trap trapdoor. ''Do you think it opens?'' she said, but didn't wait for an answer as she bend down to pull it open. It didn't budge. What happened next was something she did not expect coming. A loud ringing noise erupted out of nowhere and filled the silence of the library for what seemed like forever. Thinking that they were doomed for sure this time, Paige turned towards the other girl in the hope that she knew what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back