Mia
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2 Essence of Mermaid Scale.
Leigh didn't have many friends. she had a couple of acquaintances, a few people from the cafe she worked in, a few people who had flats in the same building as her, all of those were muggles of course. then there were the people she grew up with, people she had grown apart from years ago to the point where if she passed them in the street now they were unlikely to recognise each other. there were only a free people she would have considered friends at school as most of the time she stuck to herself. since school she had only made a few friends. Jaden of course the missing twin who she had traveled across the world to find on one of the only spontaneous moves she had made. she had made one other friend a girl she had known at school, though being a couple of years a part they hadn't really known each other they had ran into each other in a cafe a few months back and since then they had sort of become sort of miss matched friends.
Leigh didn't mind how mismatched they were she liked Stephanie, and that was why she was here standing in the middle of a set of stables dressed in a pair of jeans a creamish tee-shirt and in her hands was a riding helmet. when usually she would be using her day off to read a book with a cup of coffee or visit the library, a museum or interesting place she had booked a day at this riding school going on a trek through the south island of new zealand. she had decided on this particular school as it was a rout from here that went through the sets of many movies she had enjoyed with her parents in Cambridge. back when it was simple she only had one family and they were all alive.
she had let Stephanie pick the activity but that left the place for her. if she was going to be riding a horse then she would want to at least be doing it with a view of middle earth, lovely bones, and Narnia. most of the rest of the group was there getting fitted in giant coats in case it rained Leigh was waiting for Steph to arrive before getting hers which would be almost floor length over her short stature. on the other side of the yard the group leader looked down of the names of the people doing the ride today and looked across at her "Is it leigh or Stephanie?" the lady called her voice clear like she had done this a thousand times "I am Leigh, I am just waiting for someone she should be here soon" she replied the english accent to her voice making it seem sweet and posh. "how about you come and get ready then when your friend arrives we only have one person to set up with a waterproof and horse and we can be off quicker" she called. Reluctantly leigh turned and walked over to the rest of the group hoping that she wasn't going to be stood up.
OOCOut of Character:
Think the ride of the rings here

Stephanie Sienna Stark was extremely excited. She was going to be meeting her friend Leigh for some horse riding. Of course, Leigh being Leigh, had picked a trek that went and visited Muggle movie places. Whatever it was, Steph didn't know much about it, because she never paid much attention to those human pastimes. Steph was a big fan of Quidditch though, maybe one of these days she would find herself a way onto a Quidditch team, that would be fun indeed. Steph pulled her long hair up into a braid and apparated close to the place she was supposed to be meeting Leigh. She was definitely going to enjoy the horse ride, but if Leigh started talking to her about the history of the place or the movies that were filmed, Steph was really just going to nod and pretend to be listening. She did not have the want, nor the need to want to actually understand what Leigh was talking about. It was kind of weird, that they were friends. They were acquainted in Hogwarts, but they never really talked much. Steph remembered one time where she had actually tutored Leigh, though she didn't remember now what it had been for. She rolled her eyes and sighed as she walked to the group and saw that she was late. This was just like her. She shook her head and walked over to the woman whom looked like she was in charge. She had that sort of authoritarian look to her. Steph smiled and had her name marked off and grabbed her riding gear. She was a pro rider, she had done it many times and this would not be a last, that was for sure. She pulled the helmet onto her head and walked up to Leigh. She grinned to her and shrugged. "I'm so sorry that I'm late Leigh. I had to look up the address. I honestly wasn't expecting you to already be here."

Steph looked over at the horses as they were taken through a briefing of what was going to happen today. It was a one and a half hour trek and so that meant they would be finished just past lunch time. About twelve thirty by Steph's count. That was okay, that was a good time. Steph smiled over her shoulder at Leigh and took hold of the horses reigns that she was given. She liked this horse, she was a stallion, properly bred for trekking of this nature. It was a rusty red colour with a black mane. Steph petted the horse and smiled, rubbing its head and chest. It had a lovely temperament. "I think I might like this trek. What say you Leigh?"

Leigh was so relieved when Stephanie arrived she could have hugged her. "Stephanie" she called ut when she saw her friend, actually she did hug her briefly, it wasn't a big hug just the kind of hug you would give a friend when you beet them. "that doesn't matter you are here now" she said. she was looking forward to the day she always enjoyed it when she was with Steph and she was sure today would be no exception. she Followed Steph to the lady and donned her waterproof (not that it looked like it would rain soon you never really know what it would be like) and helmet. it took her a couple of attempts to find one the correct size, the first couple she picked at random before she found one the correct size. it took her a little while to adjust the strap too as she wasn't used to it.
In other words by the time she was fully geared up Stephanie was already on her horse ready to go. Leigh was lead over to a slightly smaller, plumper grey horse than the one her friend was on. this suited her just fine as she was not as comfortable on a horse and probably wouldn't be going much faster than a slow trot. with a little aid from a mounting block and the guide she was sitting on the sadle with the reigns in her hand getting the stirrups adjusted for her. Eventually they were off. they left the stables and headed down the lane a little way she rode next to Stephanie. it was clear watching them who was the one who was used to riding and who was the one who rode like a sack of potatoes. "I am glad that you are looking forward to it. I think i will enjoy it as well. I know one thing for sure and that is the scenery will be amazing" she said as they reached the end of the lane before turning down a bridle path which soon opened up to a meadow with views of snow topped mountains and rolling valleys.

Stephanie was content. She liked Leigh, she really did, but she was yet to make any such feelings known to the girl. It was just easier to not say anything and let the chips fall where they may. She sometimes wished that she would say something, but then she would be upset if the feelings were not returned, so Steph just found it easier to continue to be nothing but friends. She stepped up onto the horse as instructed and made her way to the middle of the group. She didn't want to show off her riding skills, but she didn't exactly want to look like an amateur either, so she figured that the middle was the best place to be. It also allowed her to ride by Leigh, so that she would be able to help her if need be. But she didn't think that Leigh was going to need help. She was kind of stubborn in that regard. Not that Steph minded, she kind of liked that about her. She smiled and continued spurring the horse down the path laid out for them. She was going to enjoy the ride and Leigh would enjoy the scenery part because it was out of some muggle movies, that Steph hadn't seen. Maybe she would have to ask Leigh about them at some point. Steph didn't have a tv at her place. Though she was pretty sure that Abby had one. "Scenery Schmenery Leigh. The ride its self will be amazing." She mused as she leaned into the horse slightly, savouring the feel of the trot. It seemed as though the horse had a slight quirk to its walk. Had it been a dressage horse in its youth? That was terrible. Steph hated the way in which they would train the horses to walk in that way. They tied their feet together to make them move at the same time. It was cruelty really and Steph had to wonder why it was allowed. Interrupting the established pattern of an animals walk, should have been illegal. At least it should in her opinion anyway.

Steph shook her head to clear her thoughts. She was not going to let anything disrupt her time with Leigh. The girl was a laugh, she was easily able to make Steph feel better whenever she was feeling down. She had even gotten to speaking to her brother again. Family was important after all. She was slowly coming out of her depression and she was glad for it all the more, now that she had a reason for it. "I'm glad that the weather is good. Maybe we won't need these coats after all." Steph mused as she rubbed the back of her horses neck. Of course now that she had said it, she had probably jinxed them. "Oops, I probably shouldn't have said it."

x- Sorry this took so long;

((I too am sorry this has taken so long))

Leigh wobbled as her horse moved forwards. she really wasnt a big fan of the creatures. well they were pretty but she just didnt like riding them. she looked over at Stephanie and smiled she could tell her friend was going to enjoy this which meant that she was sure she would too. at least as long as she didn't fall off and hurt herself. she tried to relax and grip the horse tighter at the same time which basically cancelled each other out. she heard her friend almost scoff at her comment on the scenery and manage a small laugh "but the scenery is so majestic to be ignored" she said though before she could say any more the horses reached an uneven patch of ground and jerked around a little as they walked. get ready for the turbulence she thought.
After a moment it smoothed down and leigh looked back over at stephanie. she seemed to be enjoying herself at least, she looked comfortable where she was. give her a bow and arrow and she could almost be lucy from the lion the witch and the wardrobe. she smiled and looked away trying hard not to blush. she liked stephanie.she was a good friend she tried to think back trying to remember if she had ever mentioned a boyfriend, or if there had ever been rumours of one as back in school rumours had seemed to spread like wild fire. she couldn't think of any but that didn't mean there wasn't. she had tried not to get involved with them even when she had been the topic of a few, especially when rumours had spread about her and a girl called alyce who had been her first girlfriend. no she couldn't think of any mention of stephaine though that didn't mean she wasn't mentioned. a jolt from beneath her almost sent her off balance and she remembered to concentrate on what she was doing so she didn't get a mouthful of soil grass or moss
A few minutes later and she was starting to get a feel for the rhythm of the horse. maybe in a few minutes she would even start enjoying herself. she heard Stephanie talk again, saying that maybe they wouldn't be needing the coats. "you are right. it is the perfect day for it. I hope we don't need them" she said before laughing when Stephanie said that maybe she shouldn't have said that. "at least if it does rain we will be prepared. and being prepared is the best way to ensure something doesn't happen" she said. "how are things with your brother going? any better?" she asked. the last time they had had a proper conversation Stephanie had said that things were going poorly with him. she hoped that things were at least starting to look up for her friend. the did seem happier so maybe they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back