Revelations...

"About us" Noah said as he watched Asher's hand go towards his as well as if she was saying that he was not being too bold. Noah did wonder what she thought of them. On the outside she looked like they wanted to be a couple and to outsiders they might look like one. But he really wanted to know what she thought about the whole thing in general.

Asher looked at Noah. "The truth? I think I like you more than I could possibly imagine. I want to make you happy, and whatever I need to do for that to happen, I'll do it. I know I probably don't deserve someone like you, but you do deserve to be happy, and I want to do everything I can to see that that happens." Asher watched Noah's face for a reaction. There...its all out in the open. The ball is in his court...

"yes" Noah said when Asher asked if he wanted the truth. But he wasn't sure. Did he really want to know how she felt. Wouldn't that complicate things? did it even matter anymore? Noah decided to just listen. Everything happened for a reason right? Maybe the whole fighting and confusion lead Noah to Asher. Was that possible or was it just a good excuse? Noah didn't know.

He tried to keep his face blank as she spoke. Over the many years he had mastered this skill but Asher's words seemed so sincere like she actually meant every bit of it.

"wow" Noah said smiling slightly his face lighting up a bit. "That was a lot to say in such little time" Noah said laughing just a bit. He tried to think of everything she said as each sentence, each word filled his head.

"You are wrong with one part though" Noah said finally "You probably deserve someone better than me" He said looking at her. Wasn't that the truth though? Hadn't he caused enough damage and still she liked it? Why? Noah never thought of him as anything special just an akward 15 year old. How did anyone see anything else in him?

Asher sighed. A small smile graced her lips. "Whether I deserve someone else doesn't really matter anymore." She turned to face him. "I've made my choices," she said. Without think Asher slowly took Noah's hand to illustrate her choice. She knew that there was a chance...to her, a large chance...that he didn't want to be with her, and she would be fine with any decision he made. Like she said, she only wanted him to be happy...and if that meant losing him, she would deal with it.

Noah smiled in return. "Well if your choice is made" he said as his eyes almost glistened. He felt her hand in his. Maybe it was all happening for a reason, maybe it was fate, and who was Noah to fight fate. This was it. This was the time to make a choice. He had no more time to think. His choices flooded him, tiny voices seemed to come out of each one of them telling him what to do. Each one telling him a different thing.

"who am I to go against your choice" Noah said as he intertwined his fingers with hers. His choice was also made. There was no way he could go back and truthfully he didn't want to.

"Plus I think I smile a heck of a whole lot when I'm around you. "Noah said laughing slightly "And you seem to be pretty happy as well" he added.

Asher's eyes flashed as Noah laced his fingers with hers. "Who am I to go against your choice" he said. Asher's eyes misted with joyful tears. He wants to be with me!

"Plus I think I smile a heck of a whole lot when I'm around you. "Noah said with a laugh. "And you seem to be pretty happy as well."

"I am," she said softly. After everything she had done...all the hurt she had caused...he still wanted to be with her. Asher had never known true happiness until this moment. She smiled up at Noah warmly, trying to express just how happy she trully was.

Noah almost just watched her eyes. They seemed to tell so much about her. They danced when she was extremely happy or maybe just flashed the happiness right there in the open. He just couldn't not pay attention to them, not pay attention to her.

"See" Noah said when Asher said she was happy. Even after everything he had done she was still happy. The thought did confused and puzzle him but it didn't matter anymore. Noah just looked at her smile now and then at her as a whole. This is all going to work out He thought as he smiled about a smile that was filled with both happiness and joy of a new beginning.

Asher turned her face back out toward the water. The sun was even lower than before cating deeper colors across the water. She rubbed her thumb on Noah's hand absentmindedly. She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and smiled even wider. She just couldn't believe that he was with her...here...holding her hand and telling her that he chose her. She sighed contentedly and leaned her head on his shoulder...cautiously...this was still new and she didn't know what the bondaries were.

Noah saw Asher look at the water and he decided to do the same. The lake was beautiful. It was his favorite spot at any school so far. Back home he loved it as well as here in New Zealand. He didn't know why. Noah wasn't even the best swimmer in the world. Plus once his hair got wet he looked like a wet dog, but still. Something about the lake made him love it. Now he just happened to have company to enjoy it with which made it even more memorable.

Noah smiled to himself as Asher rested her head on his shoulder. He looked down at her for a moment then looked back at the lake. His smile seemed like it was never going to fade. "I think I am really liking this school now" he said. He knew it wasn't the actually school he liked and hopefully Asher could figure that out as well.

Asher smiled knowing the hidden meaning behind Noah's words. "You know what? I am too." she admitted knowing Noah would know what she really meant. Asher looked up into Noah's eyes. His smile shone through them and was reflected in hers. Asher leaned in slowly and lightly kiss Noah's cheek. She pulled away and smiled at him while her chips turned a light shade of pink.

Noah continued to look out over the lake until Asher spoke. "I'm glad" He said rubbing his thumb over her hand gentle. Even though he had gone out with Sakura before this was all new. The feelings were new, his thoughts were new and he seemed to be going into this for the first time.

When Asher kissed his cheek, he could have blushed. That is of coarse if Noah blushed. The thought filled his mind suddenly wondering if he had ever blushed before Nope He thought still smiling and focussing on the fact of reality, that he was sitting at the lake with Asher.

"What will people say" Noah said smiling as he looked over at Asher "When we go back home" He laughed "Professor Mortis may just have a heart attack" Noah laughed bit more and the meeting they had before Noah came over her popped in his mind "You know what he told me before I left" Noah said not knowing why this was coming up "Love is a burden, Noah, don't get mixed up in it" Noah repeated. The words just seemed to stick. "I guess I didn't listen to orders" Noah laughed as he leaned over and kissed Asher on the cheek as well.

Asher laughed slightly when Noah asked what Professor Mortis would think. Then her heart began to flutter at the word 'love'. She knew Noah wasn't saying it her, but she liked that the idea was in his head. "Well...knowing Professor Mortis, he may make an exception since we're both in his house...he's strange like that. Plus were good enough students that he would have nothing to say." Asher nodded once to make her point and then giggled.

Then Noah leaned in and kissed Asher's cheek. She felt the heat on her cheek where his lips touched it. She smiled admiringly up at him. Asher slowly wrapped her arms around Noah's middle and leaned on his shoulder again.

"Strange like that" Noah repeated a smile on his face "No he is just bias. Though I am not complaining" Noah added. He actually didn't mind Professor Mortis too much. Sure he put a little more pressure on Noah than any other teacher but Noah was the Slytherin Prefect and Qudditch captain. It must have been just expected.

Noah just sat there looked at the lake then at Asher who was wrapped around him with her head on his shoulder. "You know you have to make the quidditch team now" Noah said laughing "That was probably your plan all along get close to the captain" He joked.

"I'm not complaining either...having a professor like you make things somewhat easier, and he does seem to have very high expectations for you. Expectations that are more than capable of fulfilling." she replied.

Asher chuckled. "Was I that obvious?" she asked jokingly. "Oh well...can't say there aren't benefits." she said warmly moving closer to Noah's side.

"Well let's just hope I can live up to them" Noah said grinning. He doubted he could but maybe if Asher did believe in him Noah could reach the goals and expectations that were placed on him not only by the Professor but by his own father as well.

Noah looked over at Asher "See I knew it. You had an underlying plot" He laughed. "But I think I can live with that" He added.

"Glad to hear it!" Asher teased. They sat in comfortable silence for a few moments. Asher was enjoying just being here with Noah. She began to laugh lightly. "What do you think Abbey is going to say?" she asked looking up with a bright smile. Her sister had been there supporting her through the whole process, and she knew that Abbey liked Noah as a friend...and she knew that Noah was fond of Abbey too.

Noah looked out at the lake when Asher brought up Abbey he couldn't help but laugh as well. "Well I take it she knew you liked me before I could even figure it out" Noah joked. It was probably true. Even though Asher and Abbey had just met Noah knew they were close. All those years apart didn't affect a thing between them or at least as far as Noah knew.

"I doubt she'll be surprised" Noah said

"She probably won't be, but she will probably be mad that she wasn't here." Asher mused. Asher sat up. "But she can just get over it." she said with a smile. Asher noticed a piece of hair fall into Noah's eyes as a breeze blew by. Asher reached up and brushed it away. Her eye glistened as she took in the perfection of the moment.

Noah laughed at this because what Asher said was true. Abbey would have wanted to find one way or another to get here whether it be that she made a portkey to come her or if she wanted them to wait to get together until they came home. Either way like Asher said she would get over it. Though Noah was glad that Asher had a good sister like that. It was times like these that Noah wished he wasn't an only child.

Then a nice breeze blew yet a piece of hair feel into Noah's face. He was a little surprised when Asher moved it from his face. Noah smiled yet the same. Her eyes were glistening with the moment, nothing seemed imperfect about it. "This is really nice" Noah said not taking his eyes off of her for a moment or two. He then looked at the sky. It seemed to get darker and he wished it hadn't. He wondered what time it was though he really didn't want to ask. It was one of those days that Noah didn't want to see go by.

"Yes, it is." Asher whispered her eyes locked on Noah's. When he looked up at the darkening sky Asher did too. She sighed sadly...she didn't want time to pass so quickly. She was so afraid that this would just be a dream...a good dream...but a dream nonetheless. Asher turned her attention back to the scene at hand. "I don't want to go back...I don't want to end this moment." she muttered.

Noah smiled as he noticed she sighed just then. He leaned closer to her "This isn't just a dream" He whispered in her ear as if he knew what she was thinking. Noah knew it wasn't a dream though he did fear something. He didn't want this day to be over so that the next one would come. To him that made the most sense in the world. Today was filled with nothing to dreadful and a very happy ending but what would tomorrow be filled with. Noah hoped happiness but with everything going on he didn't know.

"I don't want to either" Noah said gently squeezing her hand "This moment is wonderful" he said "No perfect" he added as she looked down at Asher knowing that even if this was perfect it was bound to end. No moment could live forever no matter how much you wanted it to.

Asher smiled brightly as Noah whispered into her ear. She turned to look at him with eyes that danced. "How did you know that I was thinking that very same thing?" she whispered. He was so intune with her...he even knew how she thought.

Asher agreed with Noah when he said the moment was perfect and admitted that he didn't want it to end either. Asher had no idea what the future held, but this moment made anything that could happen fade from her mind. "I guess we will just have to make every moment we have together perfect...which shouldn't be too hard, any moment I'm with you is perfect." she said softly with a smile. She gently placed her hand on Noah's cheek and felt his warmth spread through her.

"I'm just that good" Noah said as he smile increased almost the brightness of it. For some reason he just knew that was what she was thinking. How? Noah wasn't sure but it seemed to be a good thing at this time.

I guess we will just have to make every moment we have together perfect...which shouldn't be too hard, any moment I'm with you is perfect. Noah repeated the words that Asher had said in his mind over and over. If he did blush this would be another moment for him but of coarse Noah didn't blush. "I guess we will. But I agree" Noah added "It shouldn't be too hard" he said

Asher smiled when Noah agreed with her. She threw her arms around him and tucked her head into his chest. She had never felt more at home and content than she did now...sitting here with Noah.

Noah felt Asher throw her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her as well. He loved this environment this moment. He wished he could just make the sky bright once more or hide away until morning appeared yet he knew even if he dreamed that it couldn't be done.

"If only we had a time turner" Noah muttered a smile on his face "We could go back in time and have this day again." Noah said knowing that a time turner did not work exactly like that but it was a good picture in his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back