Revelations...

Asher Lurken

Wand
Zebra Wood 10" with essence of unicorn hair
After her talk with Sakura, Asher decided it was probably a good idea to take a walk...maybe clear her head. After a while, she found herself by the Lake and was amazed at what she saw. It was around sunset already and the colors in the sky were reflecting perfectly on the glassy surface of the water. Asher smiled slightly and sighed. She bent down and removed her shoes and went to put her feet in the water, hoping nothing came up and grabbed her. Once the ripples from her feet being placed in the water subsided, she could see the sunset in the glass again. "It's beautiful..." she whispered.

Noah hated to be trapped in those stupid tents for too long. He became bored too easily and his whole letting people alone until things cooled down technique was not really working. Maybe a walk at the lake would clear his mind. The lake seemed to bring back so many memories, but Noah didn't want to think about them right now. He actually wanted to think about anything but. If that was possible. All he had been thinking about was Sakura and Asher but mostly Asher. Noah didn't know why but she seemed to fill his mind lately. Well Noah did know why but he didn't really say anything.

Noah began to walk along the lake when he saw Asher dipping her feet in the water. He wondered closer to her when he heard her whispered, it's beautiful. "Yes it is" Noah said looking down at Asher. "Hey" Noah said grinning as she sat down next to her and looked out over the lake.

Asher smiled as she heard Noah's voice above her. "Hello there stranger," she said watching him as he lowered himself beside her. Asher knew she had missed him when she hadn't seen him in the last few days, but seeing him now made her realize just how much she missed him.

"Stranger" Noah said laughing "I hope you haven't forgotten me already That would be rather depressing" He said smiling as he turned to her. Noah did miss talking to Asher. Right then and there he decided to give up on letting everyone cool down. Noah was done being anti social for awhile.

"So what brings you out here" Noah asked as he began to take off his shoes and socks. he couldn't just sit here and not get his feet wet. Noah finally managed to get the shoes off and he carefully dipped his feet into the water.

Asher chuckled softly.  "I could never forget you..." she mused. 

"So what brings you out here," Noah asked.

Asher turned her face back to the reflections on the water. "Just thinking..." she said softly. She turned back to Noah with a warm smile. "And you, what brings you out here?"

"Oh good" Noah said when Asher said that she could never forget him. In the back of his mind he worried that after everything she would just wish to forget about him. He hoped that would never be the case.

Noah smiled as she looked at Asher. He noticed how pretty she really was. Noah had always thought of Asher as a friend after all he didn't think that she even thought of him as that. But after everything maybe his view of things were changing.

"I was just so sick of being in those tents. It gets boring" Noah said smiling "Thinking about what" He asked as he looked away from Asher and out at the lake. He wondered if it was bad to ask. Maybe he really didn't want to know. Maybe she was thinking about how she would rather be alone then have him sitting next to her. He didn't even ask if he could join her after all.

Asher blushed a little and looked down shyly. "Well...I was thinking about...well you actually." Though she was looking down, Asher knew that her crimson color and goofy smile were obvious.

Noah glanced over slightly when she said that she was thinking about him. "hopefully nothing bad" Noah said seeing that she was blushing slighly "And what did I say about turning crimson" Noah added with a small laugh as he kicked his feet once up and down in the water just to feel the water rushing over them.

"No...nothing bad." Asher admitted. She looked up at him, the violet in her eyes dancing. "Sorry...but I'm sure you'd rather I was turning crimson than green. I might have a completely different expression if I was turning green," she joked. Asher giggled as Noah kicked the water, splashing her a bit. It felt nice.

"Sure thing" Noah said "You wouldn't tell me if it was something bad anyway" he joked knowing now that she was not mad at him in anyway. Things were looking up in his day greatly.

"But maybe you are right. Turning green isn't the best thing" Noah said laughing "Mostly when you have no reason to" He said moving his feet around in the water. He then accidently touched something. Realizing soon after that he had bumped into Asher's feet which were also in the water "Sorry" he said though he was smiling.

"I wouldn't have to tell you if it was anything bad. I don't think I can think anything bad about you..." she mumbled blushing again. Darn blush...you're not helping! Just then Asher felt something bump her feet, she let out a squeak and jumped a bit. She leaned toward Noah slightly, afraid that something from the lake had found her feet. Then Noah said 'sorry' and Asher felt really embarassed. "Its fine..." she mumbled. Now he thinks I'm afraid of the lake...you just can't do anything right can you?!

Noah couldn't help but smile at her comment. "I could never think anything bad about you either" Noah said grinning. It was true Noah just couldn't think of one thing bad about Asher. Even if he tried for hours on end to think of one, which would be completely useless anyway.

Though Noah couldn't help but laugh when Asher jumped a bit "Scared the Giant Squid was after you" Noah said playfully

Asher smiled when Noah admitted that he couldn't think bad of her either.

"Maybe...but I guess you would protect me..." Asher teased nudging Noah with her shoulder.

"Protect you against a gaint Squid" Noah said in fake shock "you're going to have to find a new prince charming" Noah said teasing her back. Though he did not know why he used the word prince charming. Was that out of bounds? Noah wasn't sure. He kicked a tiny bit of water out of the lake just enough to hit Asher.

As Noah splashed her Asher made a mock horror face. She reached and splashed him back lightly. She giggled brightly and met his eyes. "But what if I don't want another Prince Charming?" she asked. She thought she had intended it as a joke but as she said the words, she realized that she meant them...cheesy as they were.

Noah reacted to Asher splashing him with the same mock horror face that she had pulled out moments before "How could you?" He said in a fake hurt voice though a smile was plastered on his face.

But what if I don't want another Prince Charming? Asher had said. The words flew around in Noah's mind thinking about the meanings. He thought about just about everything these days. It was the curse of being a teenager or at least that is what he thought. or maybe the pressure was just getting to him either way.

"You don't want another Prince Charming, but what is I just happen to be defective" Noah asked laughing slightly.

"First of all, I already know you're not defective...and even if you were it wouldn't matter. As long as you're Noah you're perfect." As Asher spoke she turned away trying to hide the blush that was now a permanent fixture on her cheeks. Don't you think you're laying it on a little thick? said the voice in the back of her mind. No...I'm telling him the truth...he deserves the truth... she argued back in her thoughts.

"Oh well if I'm perfect anyway" Noah said smiling. He was of coarse teasing Asher though inside he wondered if she really meant it. "I doubt I'm perfect though but I'd stop telling me so or I may get a big head" Noah laughed "and you wouldn't want to date someone with a big head now would you?" Noah said thinking about what he said the second it came out of his mouth. Had he just used the word date? What was he getting himself into? What if Asher was just being nice? Why couldn't he just think before he spoke. Sure he felt that way but so much was going on right now. Noah didn't really know but he couldn't take it back so maybe things would turn out ok. He would have to wait and find out.

Asher turned quickly at the word. Date. It was funny how one little word could make Asher's heart flutter and swell with joy. Her eyes danced birghtly. "No...I guess I wouldn't want to date someone with a big head." she teased. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and continued. "But I wouldn't mind dating someone like you..." she mumbled. She refused to meet his eyes. Oh...you've done it now...he was probably just joking. Insert foot in mouth...

Noah watched Asher's reaction to the word date. Yes the word had just slipped out and in any other context in front of anyone else the word would have been forgotten, no more important than the words before it. Yet something about the look in Asher's eyes told Noah that that word was important some how some way.

He smiled when she agreed that she would not want to date someone with a big head. Yet she continued in saying that she wouldn't mind dating someone like him. Thoughts and numbers and everything rushed through Noah's mind. Noah was a fifth year age 15. Asher was a fourth year age 14. Noah didn't know if it was too early for them to go out after what had happened with Sakura.

He quickly wondered how Sakura was taking all this. Was she over him or did she still think about him? It didn't matter. Sakura wasn't here. Asher was here and Noah was here. That was all that should matter. Right?

"I guess if you would date me then I must not have a big head after all" Noah said smiling at her wishing that she would open her eyes and look at him. Noah so badly wanted to call them a couple but what would happen after that. Nothing scared Noah more than losing this friendship. Would a relationship wreck it like it did his and Sakuras? Did it even wreck his and Sakura's?

"You know I don't think I could date anyone with a big head either." Noah began not knowing where he was going with this "but nice eyes always help" He added with a small smile.

A smile spread across Asher's face as Noah spoke. She knew he was trying to get her to look at him again. She opened her eyes slowly and turned them to meet Noah's. They were doing their usual dance...the one they always did when Noah was involved.

Noah saw a smile spread on Asher's face. Noah was glad that she smiled. It lightened and even brightened the mood of the moment. He just glanced at her at first not looking away. What was he getting himself into? In this quick moment he didn't know if he cared. He felt like he was diving in head first.

"So" Noah began. He didn't know what to say. He was so bad at this type of things. "You have beautiful eyes" He said smiling slightly.

Asher blushed yet again. "Thank you." she whispered. She kept her eyes locked on his. "You have beautiful eyes too." she confessed. She so desperately wanted to touch his face, or hold his hand, or something, but she restrained herself.

Noah grinning "Thanks" he said "But remember that thing about me getting a big head I doubt that would be a pretty sight" he smiled softly. The stares continued neither of them breaking eye contact. Noah just wanted to reach out for Asher's hand but thoughts of everything at the lake. The lake is where Sakura and him meet. The lake was where Noah said he just wanted to take his relationship with Sakura slow. This wasn't slow. This was moving on. Noah never intended that well until he met Asher. Then his world began to spin.

"So what do you think?" Noah asked as he inched his hand closer to Asher's still not taking his eyes off her.

"About what?" Asher could feel Noah's hand getting closer. She moved her toward his slightly, mostly just to show him that it was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back