Reunited

Karen White

With wet hair, not surprisingly fresh from the waves of Bells Beach, Karen walked about her small town. She was in need of a good coffee, having been awake since nearly five o'clock in the morning. As she walked she smiled to those she recognized and even those she didn't, her eleven-year-old brother, Edmund, was with her, talking her ear off about a wave he had caught this morning. She was barely listening to him as she had seen it but she had caught him say that he was going to find one of his friends as she wasn't the greatest company.

Kit scoffed at Edmund but smiled at him and said that she would see him later. She turned sharply towards her favorite cafe as she mentally planned her trip to another beach in Australia, for a competition because she did need to get her rent paid soon and without winning first place she would have to act again. It didn't really matter to her because Luciana was willing to pay for her part of the rent if she needed to but she didn't want to take anything away from Via, her young niece.

This thought flee'd her mind as Karen walked in, the strong scent of caffeine mixed with the warm coloured store soothed her mind. She really couldn't go to bed so late and wake up so early all the time so she quickly moved into the queue to get the drink she so desperately needed. The blonde flickered her brown eyes around the room, landing on the figure of a male that looked about her age, one that was familiar but she couldn't figure out who it was, but from his bronzed skin that matched her own she could guess that he, like herself, was a surfer. Who wasn't in this town?

Kitty smiled it off, facing the waitress after only a short wait. "Coffee pleeaase," she said with a humourous way of dragging please to show her desperation for the drink. As she waited, she fiddled with the money between her fingers and as it was slid across the counter top she slid the exact change for it and then moved for the sugar and milk.

Once it was filled with what she wanted, Karen moved over to one of the couches and slumped down into it. With relaxation, she lifted her legs onto the coffee table and crossed her legs loosely. The calves of her smooth, bronze legs rubbed against one another absentmindedly as she lifted the steaming drink to her glossed lips. She took a long drink of the aromatic, brown liquid from the cadmium yellow and cobalt blue porcelain mug.

After the sip was finished she leant forward and put the drink down onto a coaster and put her legs back onto the ground, straightening her loose off-white dress. Her russet brown eyes scanned the cafe once more, a smile sparkling in them but she gasped as she recognized someone. Was that Izaak Finch? Before she realized it she had stood up and walked towards the blue eyed boy she was so close to and asked playfully, "What are you doing here Finchy?" Without giving him much time to respond she punched his arm with mock anger and said, "You didn't call me before you came! What if I went to visit you?"

Karen was not angry at his visit at all, she always embraced seeing Izaak who had once been her crush but now was one of her best friends and competitors and with that thought she wrapped her arms around him tightly. Her wet, mop like blonde, lavender and ocean scented hair rested on his shoulder as they hugged, the wetness seeping through his clothes before she pulled back with just about the biggest smile she had ever worn. "Missed me?" she asked with a cheeky grin, as if she didn't miss him.

Sorry for the ramble. Wanted to get my first roleplay with this account off to a good start. And sorry for the minor God-Mod.

Parked against the gutter of a beachside coffee shop was a old 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, its engine still warm from use. Its flaking paint cast intricate webs along the soft lemon yellow of the body, branching into the edges of a brown rust which framed the exterior. Racked to the roof was a 9'2" longboard, belly up the sun's heavy rays bounced off of the fibreglass surface and illuminated the ivory white. The board now spectacular and blinding against the likes of the ageing vehicle.

The owner of both sat inside the cafe with a full mug of coffee braced between his large palms and stared out at the classic sight of the pair bound together, still in disbelief that his Chevvy had made it all the way to Bells without so much as a hiccup. He, Izaak Finch, had been awake since three o'clock in the morning and for a good reason too. The nineteen year old had slipped on a pair of boardshorts upon rising from his bed, then thrown a t-shirt over his head and after securing his surfboard to the top of his car, Izaak had keyed in the spluttering engine and headed South, a good majority of the time in breach of the speed limit. It had not been an effort to keep himself awake on the monotonous, droning highway, his fearful thoughts had already mastered that skill to an art form. A mere, few days ago Izaak had so naively thought that his nightmarish situation was on the mend, that he and Alexis were back together, and that his drunken night with Isabella was gradually heading down forgotten lane. But now the repercussions were to return threefold and Izaak was to become a father at nineteen. Who would have thought that a one-night stand could wreak such havoc? Apparently Izaak had not.

So ignoring the onset of driver fatigue and consciously forcing thoughts of his girlfriend, his pregnant friend and his unborn child from his weary mind, Izaak had pressed down on the gas pedal and pushed his groaning Chevrolet towards the state of Victoria. Karen White was the furthest Izaak could ever be from his doomed relationship and his impending responsibilities as a parent to a child he had so drunkenly fathered. She had been his very first and very best friend in Bondi right up until her move to Bells Beach. Occasionally they saw each other in the midst of a competition, and every time they did it was if they had never been apart. If there was anyone on the planet that could make him forget it was her, hands down.

It had been tempting just to head straight down to the beach with the knowledge that if Kit wasn't already down there she would be soon enough. But as Izaak had wrenched the gearstick into park and clambered stiffly from the driver's seat, he had immediately realised that caffeine was first priority. A surf first and he would not have the ability to function for the rest of the day. So now he sat sunken comfortably into the rusticly worn seat that cushioned the couch he had picked and lifted the coloured ceramic mug to his lips. The double shot of espresso washed heatedly down his throat and crept into his bloodstream, its caffeinated effects instantaneously as Izaak squared his broad shoulders with as much of a contented sigh as he could possibly give.

The deep azure of his irises remained fixatedly on the hot beverage before him, watching indifferently as the steam curled delicately from the scorching liquid.The aromatic scent that accompanied the swirling patterns did little, in all the extremties of coffee's power, to distract Izaak from the niggling voice whispering harsh truths inside of his mind. You got Issy pregnant, what the hell are you going to do now? He was going to tell Alexis, that was what he was going to do. Face-to-face this time around with as much courage as he could possibly muster.

But his thoughts were soon distracted as a familiar voice, one that he hadn't heard in quite sometime asked him what he was doing here. His azure eyes snapped from the beverage and were very surprised to meet with a face he had not realised he missed so much until now. "Kit!" Izaak exclaimed, slipping his greeting in quickly and brightly before her fist collided with his bicep. "Hey, ow!" It hadn't hurt much in reality, just enough to provide the friends with some verbal jeering. "You didn't call me before you came! What if I went to visit you?" Izaak merely chuckled and rolled his azure eyes up at this 'what if'. "Fat chance of that. You haven't been in Bondi in ages..."

Soon her arms were around him and Izaak pulled his friend in close, pressing her tight against his chest as his face fell amongst her sandy blonde hair. She smelt just as he always remembered and of just what had always comforted him. Rather reluctantly, Izaak let his friend lean back from the embrace but upon seeing the exuberant smile on her face he could not help but return it. His brilliantly blue gaze washed over her features, they were sharper and more defined since the last time he had seen her but were still and always would be beautiful. It was just another sign that the two once gangly teenagers were quickly turning into adults, if the process had not been completed already. "Missed me?" Izaak was quick to snatch at her waist in another tight embrace and pull her down on the couch beside him with a cheeky grin on his lips all the while. "Of course I missed you Kitty! Why else would I drive all the way down to this hole?" He quipped teasingly with a sly glint in his azure eyes. Bells Beach was beautiful, and Izaak had always loved visiting but he had also always been sour about Karen leaving. His vendetta against the Victorian beach was a long running joke that he knew Karen understood. "So tell me what's been happening, I wanna know everything." Izaak grinned brightly, hitting her knee excitedly with his palm as he urged her to share their time lost with him.

dw, i just realised how long mine is :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back