Reunited Through Another Holiday

Espen Manning

OOC First Name
Cian
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual, tbd.
Wand
knotted 9½ inch yew wooden wand, doxy wing core and unyielding
Espen had met her back at the Yule Ball, ironically how the two hadn't bumped into each other afterwards.. but they reunited through the tradition of another holiday. It would become funny when the two would bump into each other a third time in yet again, another holiday.. but only time would tell.

Not sure where the girl would be hanging out, or with whom she was friends with for that matter.. but the Entrance Hall was enough of a central place where Espen could hopefully notice her, and stop her in her tracks. If she wouldn't come around, he'd probably visit the Great Hall and wait for her at the Gryffindor table or even hand his sister the rose since they were in the same house together. "
A rose for Rose!" Well, that was outright embarrassing to say the least.. the tall, blond's cheeks heated up once the phrase left his lips and suddenly he felt rather small instead of his normally intimidating height.<i></i>

Rose was busy delivering roses for Valentine's day, and enjoying herself quite a bit. Finding the people the roses were destined for wasn't always easy, but Rose was having a blast. She was about to look in the Great Hall, as it was always filled with people and she might see her target there, when she heard someone call her name. She giggled at the unintentional pun, and turned to look to see Espen standing there. Rose laughed and headed over to him. "You have a rose for this Rose?" She asked with a grin. "I'm also delivering roses, my name really suits me today." The boy had been fun to talk to at the Yule Ball, and she was happy for the chance to talk to him again. "Do you like delivering them?" She asked him curiously. Somehow, he didn't strike her as the type.

Thankfully the self-inflicted public humiliation did not go to waste, as the pun and his raised voice had attracted a few more students to look his way, the girl he was supposed to deliver the rose to was on her way what seemed to be the Great Hall. Letting out an exhale that could not say anything but relief, he nodded slowly. "It does. Makes one hell of an opportunity to make puns all day long." The blond let out a soft chuckle, not able to help himself. "Not sure if we have anyone running around whom's name is cupid or eros, because those would be even better." Quick to shake his head at the question that Rose decided to pose. "Well, I don't mind delivering them. Fortunately, you're one of the people that I am delivering to.. but you know, my sister loves to play tricks on me and decided to sign me up alongside her." Espen raised his hands over his head, shrugging his shoulders simultaneously as he made a bit of a silly face. "And here we are."

Rose grinned when he told her it was a good opportunity to make puns. At least someone got it. "I don't know anyone named that, so I'm the queen of punny names today." She told him with a grin. "Though, I doubt I'm the only Rose at school, actually." She didn't know any others, but it was a common name. She giggled when he told her his sister had signed him up. "That's a good idea, I might do that next year!" She told him, thinking of either Phoebe or Diana. Diana would be new to the school by then, and it might be a good way for her to meet people. She looked at the roses he was holding. "So which one's mine?" She asked curiously.

"Most definitely. No worries about the other girls named Rose, to me you're the only Rose. Quite literally, since I don't know anyone else with that name either... unless we're counting Rosalind, but that's- nevermind." He sighed at himself, again with the rambles and the ache to tap into his family's history for some reason. History was becoming an obsession for him bit by bit, the longer he was at the school and the more he studied. "Your sibling can come pay me a visit for mental support, it takes an awful lot of time and a lot of embarrassing encounters. For some reason- I'm consistantly offering everyone, if I should read it out loud.. to embarrass myself even more or something." Nodding at her request and trying to find hers in the bundle he was carrying. "Here we are. A yellow rose, no crushes or love but at least you have one that seems to be very enthusiastic about you."

Rose tilted her head slightly. "Who is Rosalind?" She asked curiously. But then he said never-mind and she waved her hand. "Don't tell me, that's fine. I'll tell my sister Phoebe to come find you next year." She laughed out loud when he said he had offered to read it out loud to everyone. "Really?" She asked with a giggle. "Maybe I'll take you up on this offer, just so you get to do it once." She said with a grin. "So please, go ahead." She wondered if he really would, but the idea delighted her.

"Family." He replied shortly, shaking his head at the thought of Rose sending her little sister to come see him. To share their struggles of siblings who loved to mess with them; perhaps the two could come up with a plan of their own, to mess with Rose and Evelyn for the sake of redemption. "Eh-" Great. Now he had to embarrass himself even further, why in earth did he even mention it ?? For no reason at all, self-sabotage perhaps. Self-loathing even. Who knew what his mind was doing, playing tricks and screwing him over without thinking about it twice. "Well, here we go.." He mumbled, unfolding the little message that was attached to the rose; clearing his throat before reading out loud. Pretty sure he was catching some passing students' attention. "Roooooooooooooooooooooooose," trying his best to pronounce every vowel that had been written extra in the girl's name. "Happy Valentine's day! You rock.. 4eva.. thanks for being super cool and fun and making the best hats and stuff!" Taking a slight breather before continuing the enthusiastic message that the sender had written. "U R.. the best - Love 'n kisses, Harley. xoxoxoxoxoxo"

With that, he folded the message back together and offered the rose. A slight shade of pink had already creeped up on the tall, blond's features. Pale skin showing a definite shift in colour; embarrassed and miserable because of the people that seemingly stopped to witness the scene. "You're welcome." He sighed.

Message Attached said:
ROOOOOOOOOSE

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!! YOU ROCK 4EVA THANKS FOR BEING SUPER COOL AND FUN AND MAKING AWESOME HATS AND STUFF!!! U R THA BEST!!!!!!!!!

LOVE N KISSES HARLEY!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOOXOX

Rose could tell Espen regretted telling her about his offer to read it out loud, and her grin was downright devious as she watched him struggle with himself. She wasn't heartless, though, and was about to tell him he didn't have to when he unfolded the message and started reading. The moment he started, Rose started giggling. Clearly, this was Harley's rose. And it was the absolute perfect one for him to read out loud. The more he talked, the more she laughed, and when he got to the hugs and kisses at the end, she had to steady herself against the nearest wall, breathless. "Wow. You're good at this." She said, with another giggle. "Ever thought about starting a career as a professional messenger boy?" She gave him a smile, seeing that he was embarrassed. "It was really funny, thank you. And thank you for delivering the note." She could tell he was embarrassed because people were watching, and Rose decided to draw the attention to herself. She waved her arms at the students near them. "Move along! I made him do it." She said, pulling a face at them. "Shoo." She gestured for them to go, which thankfully seemed to work. "Are you okay?" She asked him, hoping her fun hadn't caused him to be too miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back