Alternate RP Reunion (Continued)

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Casper Kinnek

Artist- Growing- Found

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Continued From Here

Casper was listening very carefully to his mother talk, taking in everything she had to say. He caught her hand and held it tightly, setting the drink aside. He peeked at her through his hair. She looked upset, like she really meant everything she said. His heart twisted a little bit, and he scooted forward a bit, hesitating a second before carefully reaching out to brush his fingers over her cheek. "I... hey, look, um... you... you came back." He offered slowly. "I... don't get that a lot." He brought his hand back, unintentionally rubbing the cheek his adopted mother had hit.

Shaking his head to try and clear it, he turned back to her, holding tightly to the hand he had and reaching out again, meaning to brush her hair back. "I-i-i, um... I'm just... glad you're here. You know... now? Um... mom?" He managed, almost shyly, like he was looking for her permission to use the term. "I... I could... stick around a bit, uh, if you wanted?" He asked, almost scared she might just kick him out.

Martine felt reassured by him taking her hand. She knew that this was a lot, for both of them, but she felt reassured, warmed that they wouldn't have anything to hide. There were details of course missing, but she didn't expect his full honesty on everything and wouldn't necessarily do it back. She smiled at him, a warmth and love clear in her the softness of her gaze. She didn't think she deserved anything for coming back, he was her son, that was her duty. "I would've kept looking for you every day of the rest of my life," she told him.

Martine nodded, him calling her mum was sweet, and unexpected. "Of course, I have a room for you," she said. "One for each of my children incase they came back, my father helps with the mortgage on this place," if not for him, she couldn't afford such a space and it had been vital for her, that each of her children have a place to come back to. It could make things lonely, especially as Basil had gone off to school, but, she wouldn't want it any other way. "I can show you it?" she got up and would show him up. The house was nicely decorated, if a little sparsely, there was a lot of art, paintings and scupltures.

Cas blushed at her comment and looked away quickly, unused to the affection that was so evident in her eyes. He was startled when she said she had a room for him, and he looked up at her again, stunned. "What? You- what?" He asked, surprised. He stood as she did, still a bit stunned by her statement. "I- yes, please?" He sounded uncertain, but he took a tiny step closer to her. He just wanted to know her, to know about the woman that had brought him into the world. He glanced around then, noticing the artistic vibe. "You like art?" He asked, looking back to his mom.

Martine smiled as he seemed keen to see it. She wanted to put an arm around him, keep him close but didn't, not wanting to force him into anything he wasn't feeling like doing. This was obviously a lot and he didn't want to overwhelm him more. She glanced at what he'd been looking towards. "Oh yeah, I was an artist before your father got sick, I never made any real money from it, and after you and the others got taken, I knew I had to give it up to have steady job with an assured pay check," she told him, in fact some of the pieces in the room were hers. "I still paint whenever I have a spare afternoon," she might not sell anything and she might not be able to do it as her career but she was still able to do some of it.

Cas studied the pieces. "You were an artist?" He asked, surprised, and looked back to her with a shy smile. "I... so am I," He told her. Maybe he had gotten it from her. "You paint? What do you like to paint? Do you have any of your work here?" He asked, eager to know more about her work. He didn't realize he'd stepped closer to her, looking eager. "You could start painting again, maybe we could make something together, I can go get some of my supplies," He took one of her hands for a moment without thinking, but quickly realized what he'd done. He jumped back with a bashful grin. "I- I'm sorry, I... I got a little carried away..." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away.

Martine gave a little nod, "I know, that's how I found you, that article," she told him before nodding. She motioned to a few of the works dotted about. "You should bring some of your pieces, I'd love to put them up," she told him. Since she knew she had a lot of her own and would love to replace them with some of him. "I would love to paint with you, Casper," she assured him. She took her wand and gave it a little wave, a cupboard opened and materials to paint with came out. "Why don't I show you your room and then we can paint, chat and I'll make some proper breakfast?" she offered. She'd been tired, had worked a long shift, but spending time with her son was so much more important.

Casper nodded eagerly, he would love to bring his mom something. He lit up when she said she wanted to paint, and couldn't help the bright smile that crossed his face when she brought out the materials. "Huh?" He looked to her. "Oh! Yeah, sure, I would love that," His smile turned shy and he reached for her hand, just barely brushing his fingers against hers, like he was seeking her permission to hold her hand. "I can help make breakfast?" He offered.

"Only if you want to help, you don't have to. I'd love to be able to make you breakfast," Martine gave a little smile as he said he wanted that, she continued to show him up to the bedroom she'd assigned to him, it was a little bare, but she figured he could now add to it. "You can style it how you want," she told him. She wasn't sure if he would want to stay with her, or if he'd rather not. She knew the walls could do with a repaint and they would need to get better furniture.

Casper bit his lip, fiddling idly with the hem of his shirt. "I, ah... if you really want to I don't mind," He offered shyly. "Maybe... you could show me how sometime? I'm not that great of a cook," He laughed almost nervously. He peeked into the room, unsure of if he was actually welcome to stay. He hesitated, his hands on the door frame. He peeked between her and the room again. "I... are you sure?" He asked softly. "It's just... no one ever wants me to stay." He admitted softly, looking back to her with a little bit of fear in his eyes. "You'll hate me if I stay..." He lowered his head, not able to keep her gaze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back