OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had returned to school, a week early nonetheless, and wasn't really in the mood to unpack right at the moment. Over the course of the last day or so she'd been cooped up in an airplane and in a cab and was in desperate need of a walk to stretch her legs. She decided to wander down to the lakefront for some relaxing time. All summer had been packed full of things to do, she'd barely had anytime to herself, though she had to admit she'd had a blast.

Kailey had been walking around the lake, she had gotten home late the night before and had immediaty collapsed onto the couch in the common room. Even though she had gotten back a week early she never went back to the dormitories until school actually started back. She was so lost in the memories of the summer that she didn;t notice someone coming from the other direction until she ran into them. "Oh! Sorry!" Kailey said to whoever she had ran into.

"Kailey it's me!" Kat said with a snort as the girl ran smack into her. "Sheesh, am I that invisible?" she added with a chuckle.

"Sorry Kat! I was lost in thought...Though even after 13 years I've still not learned thatI cant walk and think at the same time...It always ends up in disaster. As you've seen many times before." Kailey replied "So you came back early too?"

Kat laughed at Kailey and said, "Well at least I'm not the only one who can't seem to manage to walk and do any other task at the same time. Yeah, I came back early. Thought i'd get all my stuff settled in before the first year rush. Things are going to be hectic as you very well know. So how'd your summer go? Do anything exciting?"

"My summer was a good one. The whole family spent the summer roaming around the country. The destinations were fun and during the sometimes 12 hour car rides I discovered alot of old TV shows from the 90's and 2000's that I really like. How was your summer?" she replied

"Wow, sounds like you had an interesting summer. I don't think i've ever actually watched a tv before, though i've seen them at my family's house before." Kat said thoughtfully and then added, "I had a nice summer. Went to California and stayed at Kiera's. Along with Caysi and Harriet. It was definitely an experience. I'd never been there before."

"Really? Wow...I grew up with TV. Where at in California? We went to LA." Kailey said remembering all of the hot surfer guys, then thought about the phone numbers she had gotten at various locations over the summer. Too bad I cant call any of them. Oh well, I like Njord better than any of them anyways.

Feeling slightly foolish because she didn't know the exact location in California where she'd spent the last months Kat replied, "Umm, i'm not exactly sure where I was at there to be perfectly honest. I think it may have been somewhere near Los Angeles, but I can't be for certain." Kat looked out across the water and then sat down, her back against a tree. "So did you meet any new people while you were traveling?" she asked curiously, closing her eyes and letting the sun shine across her face.

((Still on the Njord kick then are we? :p =)) ))

"I met quite a few people. Apparently I'm hot in america or something." she replied handing Kat a medium sized coin purse full of phone numbers. "It was a bit odd, But I made a few wat I guess you'd consider friends even though I'm probably never going to talk to them again."

[Yup....Read the Thread ' A Journal' in Scrivenshafts. :)) ]

Kat took the coin purse from Kailey and emptied it out. It contained a bunch of tiny strips of paper with numbers written all over them. Confused, Kat asked, "What are all these numbers? Do they mean something special?" She felt a little dumb for asking, but she truly was clueless as to what these strips of paper meant. "I guess being hot isn't such a bad thing though. Nice to be admired in a sense." she added on as an afterthought.

"Oh sorry. Their phone numbers, Usually a guy gives a girl his phone number or vice versa when their interested in the person so they can call them and maybe get something started...Then again maybe I'm just being a bit Narcissistic." she replied "But theres actually a guy here I like." she added Well, now why did I say that? she thought

"Oh right...a telephone. Sorry, never used one of those either." Kat said sheepishly, but her attention was quickly diverted when Kailey mentioned something about being interested in a guy here at school. "Oh really? Who is it then? Come on...spill!!" Kat said excitedly.

Kailey almost slapped herself when Kat asked who she liked. "It...well..." she let out a small squeak and shook her head rapidly, puting her hand over her mouth so it didn't slip out in a yell like things had done in the past.

"Aww, Kailey!! Come on tell me!! I'll keep it a secret...I PROMISE!!" Kat said coaxing the information out of her friend. "Spill it Paramore!!" she said jokingly.

"Erm...How aout you ask me questions ABOUT him and I answer?" Kailey replied trying to prolong the process before actually telling her.

Kat smirked slyly at Kailey and then thought for a moment. The first question was an easy one...it would knock out tons of guesswork. "What house is he in?" Kat asked with a grin.

"Smart first question...He's in Hufflepuff." she replied

Kat smiled wickedly at Kailey. There was only one Hufflepuff boy that Kat knew of...and she just happened to work with him. "NJORD?!?!?" she practically blurted out at her friend. "Oh my goodness Kailey! Does he know?" she asked curiously.

"Say it again I think there are still a few people in Mexico who didn't hear you!" Kailey exclaimed "Yes it's him and NO he doesn't know...and I'd prefer to keep it that way...Though I'm sure the way I acted in scrivenshafts gave it away." she admitted sadly she was hoping that it was just her overanalytical mind that made it seem that way to her and not her being incredibly stupid.

Kat helf her side she was laughing so hard. "Sorry, I didn't mean to just yell it, but i'm a bit shocked. Though even I will admit that he's definitely changed over the summer. Turned into quite the little cutie pie!" Kat winked at her friend and then sighed heavily. "So why don't you tell him? And I wouldn't worry about him noticing anything, you know boys never notice things like that....they're usually oblivious to any sort of signal that girls are giving off."

Kailey's face went beet red. "I don't tell him because he probably doesn't feel the same way! I'm not a Gryffindor, I'm not willing to be brave and take that risk!" she replied "I'm banking on him being oblivious to it." she said, This was pretty new territory to her. Sure her and Brian had went to the yule ball together but it was mainly a heat of the moment decision that ended up being nothing afterwards. Plus she didn't have to pluck up the nerve to ask.

"Not being a Gryffindor doesn't mean you're not brave enough to try something new! If you like him then tell him. What's the worst that can happen? He doesn't like you back....big deal, there are tons of other boys in the world!" Kat said frantically to her friend, but she herself had never been in this particular situation before so she didn't have much room to talk.

"If he doesn't like me back then that would make things kind of awkward between the two of us and I don't want to lose him as a friend." Kailey confided before letting out a small sigh. "You think maybe you could pick up some information for me without being blatantly obvious? You work at scrivenshafts dont you?" she asked before quickly saying "Forget it, I shouldn't have asked you to do that!"

"Oh you shouldn't have even put that idea in my head. I'm so on it. Don't worry i'll be really discrete. He won't even suspect a thing." Kat said a little over zealously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back