Returning To Hell

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
The familiar stone walls greeted the unhappy Nobody. She had been pulled out of this school many months ago to travel, and just as she stopped fearing any dark corner, she was thrown back in. It took three of her clan to convince her to come back, and four more to get her into the office. The way she fought against them, she looked like a regular delinquent. She fought up until the time that she was nearly thrown into a room. For an hour after her arrival, Nobody threw herself onto her bed crying. She had nothing else she could do. She had nearly been beaten beyond recognition the entire time she had been there, and she was sure the two people she had managed to talk to, would not remember her. At that moment, she was through with trying.
However, the next day dawned a day of classes, and having to try to blend into the walls again. Nobody was no longer good at that. Leaving this place had turned her into a flower child, her dark browns traded in for the bright red she now wore. She looked around the hallway, her scared glances giving the appearance that she never left. She went to class, that same scared girl whom had left there so long ago.

After her classes had passed her by, Nobody escaped into the library, a place with little action to be seen. Most people she had known when she was there, wouldn't have entered a library unless forced to. The smell of musty books made her feel safe again, and for the first time since arriving, she smiled a light smile. She clutched her bag to her as she explored up and down the isles of books, suddenly feeling relaxed. She let herself put down her guard as she picked out something for a light read. It was a book on divination, something she had been big into not too long ago. She had, and still wanted to be a seer. She had shown many signs of being a potential, but could no longer see herself pursuing it. She sighed and sat down in a chair, her posture erect and perfect. She settled in to read, her mind clearing of any fear she had had.

Yosif Olaf was not the bravest of boys. It was the one trait that his family could not tolerate, and it had only brought trouble. The bullying from Yulian and his gang had gotten worse, and Yosif was alone. He had once thought he had glimpsed hope on the horizon, but she had been snatched away from him, once again. Now he sat in his History of Magic class, hardly concentrating, watching the world outside the window that gradually shifted in shades of grey. Why him? Why did he have to be the one Olaf boy who could not fight his own battles? Yes, he was fortunate to be a fast runner, but that didn't solve problems in the long-term.

".. Mr. Olaf, when you have quite finished gazing out of the window like a lovesick crup, I would like you to answer the question." Yosif sat upright in his seat, looking around and becoming increasingly aware of the students watching him. He looked to the professor, almost mentally asking for support, but knowing he would get nothing for his efforts. "I.. I'm sorry, sir, I didn't quite catch the question." A lovesick crup?Yosif was beginning to wonder if that was exactly what he was..

The class ended at long last, and Yosif had immediately slung his bag over his shoulder and run to the library; it was the one place he felt he could escape, both physically and mentally. But upon arrival, he could sense that something was different. And his senses were not wrong as his eyes soon found out. "N-Nobody?" Yosif breathed as he approached the lone girl, his eyes wide. "It really is you.." Yosif gave a sharp intake of breath, trying to hush himself, the thoughts throating through his mind, the way he was reacting to seeing her again, mentally and physically. She was the only person he had ever truly missed.

Nobody was actually beginning to feel a bit bored. She had never been bored before in the library, though the last time she had actually been in there, she had spoken with someone whom seemed interesting. A wounded soul, much like her, named Yosif. Nobody sighed, she hadn't thought of the dark eyed boy in quiet sometime. She wondered if he still dealt with bullying, or if he even still went there. She closed the book and once again retreated into the multitude of rows of books to find a new one. This one was a romance novel, one Nobody had read before.

Nobody had only just settled down when she heard her voice. It was stuttered, called timidly almost. She stood up and turned, closing the book without marking her page. She looked into those dark eyes she had just been thinking of. She flicked her blond hair back with a slight movement. "Yosif?" She asked. She had been a little bit braver, but her guard was down and she became as timid as before. She swallowed slightly, and a small, nervous smile appeared on her light rose lips. "it's been a while." She sated the obvious, strictly out of nerves. Every part of her wanted to hug him, even though she didn't know him that well. She had always thought him to be attractive, and those butterflies returned almost immediately. Maybe she should have remained sitting.

Yosif wanted to leap forwards, to hold Nobody in his arms and tell her exactly what he thought of her, how much he really liked her, how much she had, and still did, meant to him. "Where did you go?" He hadn't intended to ask that quite yet, but in his panic of excitement at speaking to her again, Yosif had found his mouth opening and saying the words before he could stop them. Who knew why she had left? It really wasn't his place to ask. She might not want to talk about it. Maybe Nobody would be upset by the question and slap him around the face, or maybe she would simply never speak to him again.

Yosif couldn't handle the thought of them never talking again. Instantly, another sentence flopped out of his mouth and onto the floor. "Sorry.. I mean, you don't have to say. It's ok. I've just.." He couldn't bring himself to say the words out loud, but in his mind, he called them out. I've missed you. His eyes dropped from her face to the book she had been reading. Yosif had a funny feeling that he had seen one like it before. If that was right, then he definitely would avoid mentioning the book. Yosif was a soppy, hopeless-romantic, and he didn't want anyone knowing about it. Not even Nobody. Most girls liked the strong, bullying type like his twin brother. He didn't want Nobody thinking he was weak.

Nobody's eyes were more alight then they had been since discovering she had to come back to this hell hole. She smiled with a little bit of confidence, and color, returning to her. Since traveling she had felt a bit more confident about certain things, even though Yosif had always made her knees weak and her stomach do back flips. She looked up at him, being a bit shorter, though it came as no surprise, she was a little under average height for her age. She noticed his lack of a stutter when he asked her where she had went, a question she wanted to answer, but wasn't sure how to make it short.

Sometimes Nobody would ramble without meaning to, it was one of her nervous habits. She looked down at her hands, then heard Yosif do what she called, 'eating his words'. She giggled slightly at him. She shrugged. "It's, kinda a long story." She said, her voice mild and quiet, even though she felt a little more confident. Maybe it was just because she realized she now had a friend? "I went traveling with my clan." She paused, thinking a bit. She then attempted to joke by saying, "I guess it wasn't... th-that long." She didn't know where the confidence was going when she opened her mouth, it just wasn't going into her words or voice.

In the time Nobody had been gone, very little, yet very much, had changed. Yosif, though still timid around other people, around his own family who laughed at how weak he was, mentally and physically, had promised himself that upon Nobody's return- should she ever return, he would be as confident as possible around her. But then, it seemed they both still acted as awkward around each other as they had always done. He had been granted plenty of time to think, after her sudden disappearance, and he had managed to formulate some small plan within his life, having established at least one small fact: He liked Nobody. A lot. They had grown to be friends. But he liked her more than that, more than he dared yet to admit.

The great plan within Yosif's life, no longer revolved around getting revenge on his brother, but around speaking to Nobody, confessing his feelings, and working with her to progress to the next steps. But he was still so young, still just a teenage boy with ideas, thoughts, and feelings. Things that confused him. Things that upset him or made him smile. "I've mi.. mis.." He had dived into a confessional sentence, head-first, and now he was drowning in his own words, wanting to take it back before he ruined everything. He made a quick change in conversation to hid his mistake. "So, I.. I bet that was good f-fun?" he placed a hand on his hip, trying to act cool, and attempting to blank the fact that he was stammering worse than ever. He just wanted to say that he'd missed her. If Yulian had seen, he would have laughed in his face.

Nobody compared this to the first time she met her ex-boyfriend, the one she ran from. He had been a sweet, shy boy like Yosif; it was Nobody's type back then. It was her type now. Back then, however, Nobody had been an open and carefree person. However, the past can change a lot for the people in her future. She smiled slightly at Yosif again, trying to regain some confidence. When she looked into his eyes, it's like she couldn't pull her brown orbs from his. They were soulful eyes, eyes that she knew held pain. She had found out last time they spoke that he knew bullying just as she did, though she didn't find out much more then that.

The words that she thought would come from his mouth changed quickly and she shrugged to his comment. "i really don't like traveling that much." She commented. After a while, traveling became passe, and boring for her. She looked down at her shoes, smiling slightly to herself. Boldness was never something good to her, and when she finally decided what to say, it came out as a squeak. "I missed you." Then more squeaks followed, quieter, as a ramble. "kinda, i mean you're my friend, and you miss you're friends..." until finally they fell into nothing but silence, and her eyes looked for his again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back