Returning hurt.

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam walked back into Hogwarts. They had been gone for the weekend but it seemed long. Though Sam didn't mind to much, he was with Jenn. He was holding her hand in the doorway. It was an extremely tough weekend, for Jenn. It was even tough for him. Must have been ten times worse for her.

Owen looked awful. His skin was pale and his eyes were sunken, he looked so different from the last time Sam saw him. It was frightening how this happened to him, so suddenly. Sam didn't know what to say to Jenn. It had been a little awkward on the return journey. She probably wanted to stay longer. Sam felt a hint of gultiness as she probably would have stayed if he wasn't there.

Sam turned to her, he really didn't know what to say. He kissed her cheek and hugged her softly. Rubbing her back in comfort.

Jenna walked into Hogwarts with Sam, holding his hand like it was her only life line, she had just seen her dying twin brother, she couldn't handle being there any longer and was glad that she was back here now. As Sam turned to her she hugged him back and rested her head on his shoulder and said, "I'm sorry." She felt bad that Sam had to see all of that and that he had to comfort her, she hated being like this but there was nothign she could do about it.

Sam almost backed away with shock when she apoligised. "Jenn. Don't say that...ever!" He shook his head vigorously. "None of this is your fault. I was glad to be there for you." he said honesty in his voice. "This is an extremely hard time for you, probably the hardest things you'll ever have to go through...and I want to be there for you." He let go and looked into her eyes so she knew it was truthful in what he was saying.

As Sam spoke gentle tears streamed down Jenna's cheeks, and she shivered as she imagined people lowering her brothers casket into the ground, she whimpered at the thought but didn't tear eye contact from Sam. Though as she looked at him, her eyes were distant and sad, like she was looking right through him.

She felt him let go of her and she frowned. She didn't say anything about it though, she just looked at him. Almost 5 minutes had passed of this eerie silence when Jenna opened her mouth to say something, only a small gasp for air escaped her lips. She closed them, feeling defeated, but she opened them again and whispered hoarsely, "Owen." It hadn't been the word she wanted to say, at least not consciously, so she frowned and wiped her eyes of her tears as best as she possibly could.

Sam noticed her eyes were cold and broken. She was broken. Sam bit his lip and looked down but told himself he had to be strong for her sake. He looked up and wiped the tears off her cheek.

Silence crept in his ears. When Jenn opened her mouth to say something she closed it once more. Sam didn't say anything, he thought it was best. Once again she said something so hoarsely but Sam could still make out that shr said 'Owen'. Sam took her in his arms and held her comfortably. He rocked her slightly. He didn't care if people were staring he just stood there with her waiting for as long as she needed.

Jenna rested her head on Sam's chest as he rocked her, she sniffled quietly then glanced up at Sam as if she was thanking him for being here for her. She knew that if he wasn't here, things would've been so much worse, but she didn't want to be like this, she didn't want to cry, she wanted to stay strong but she didn't understand how to do that, her brother was only twelve and he was dying, that is just not right.

After a few moments she bit her lip and looked down for a second then back up at Sam and said, "You are the best..." Her voice didn't show any emotion to them, but hidden far back was thankfulness, it of course was masked with pain and hurt for her brother, but she was hiding that now as well.

When Jenn thanked him, Sam shook his head and smiled softly, "Don't be ridiculous." Sam just wished he could do more. But he knew he couldn't make Owen better and that was all Jenn wanted right now.

"Jenn...your the amzing one. You're a trooper!" he whispered softly. Still not letting go of her.Sam stroked her hair. He was almost positive that if he were in her position he wouldn't be taking it so well.

Jenna forced a weak smile on her lips then kissed his cheek and took his hand in hers and began to walk down the entrance hall with obvious weakness and asked sheepishly, "Did you..um enjoy B.C.?" She felt like she had to ask this, there was nothing else to distract herself from Owen and her own parents stress.

Sam nodded, seeing she obviously wanted her mind to get distracted. "Umm...yeah. Its great! Seems like a great place to live." he said as happily as he could. "I'm going to have to drag you to London sometime." he said sheepishly. "Back to my home..though I am not sure you'd like my family." he added, not really knowing how 'ordinary' to go in a situation like this.

Jenna nodded her head and said, "I love London." She bit her lip and said, "What happened with the letter, you never said." She forced an anxious smile to Sam and flashed him a fake joyful smile, at the thought of going to his house and meeting his parents, sure that sounded great but she was in the mood to ball herself up in her bed and cry herself to sleep.

Sam was disappointed at himself for not telling her. It was when they were fighting, but he wasn't going to mention that now. "Oh...well it was what I expected: 'Letting down the family name, an embarrassment' yada yada.." Sam said shrugged. He had been a bit annoyed at first but he got over it. "Sorry I didn't tell you.." Sam apoligised but was sure that, that was not the thought running through her head.

Jenna sighed gently at Sam's response then said, "Don't apologize about anything." She bit her lip and said honestly, "You're not an embarrassment, not at all." She squeezed his hand softly, the forced a smile, finding that she was being a little distracted with Sam's problems with his parents, actually she was a little relieved that he had problems with them, even though she knew that she shouldn't, she just didn't want to think about Owen.

Sam smiled back to her, she always found a way to make things seem better. Sam knew she was hurting right now, he tried to get a new subject in. "So Hufflepuff are winning!" Sam said as brightly as he could. He looked at the four large hourglasses. Sam put his arm around her shoulder and brought her over to them. He was glad to see Slytherin losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back