OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree wasn't bothering to sneak into his own house, so perhaps it was nearing 9am and he'd been out all night, but it didn't matter. He was an adult, living on his own and maybe without his own earned money but what was the point of a massive inheritance if he then had to work. He stepped into the shared home with Emily, it was nice to live with her, he'd gotten some decoraters in and given her half of the house to be able to have as her own, but they did have a mutual kitchen to use, there were others, but this was at least one they used together. Daintree made his way to the kitchen. He was no longer drunk having sobered up a while ago, but he was feeling a little hungover, he was determined to spend some time eating and then heading to bed, he had no where to be today and no plans for that night so he could just waste the day away doing whatever he wanted. And he would. But as he stepped into the kitchen he spotted emily and gave a little smile. "Off to work?"

Emily had honestly enjoyed living with Daintree. They had their own space, but could also just hang out whenever they were both free without any real obligations. Granted, it wasn't as much as before. But it was still nice to have him around. She worked much more than he did, she didn't think he had a job, but she was working two of them. She enjoyed it, it kept her busy. And it also gave her enough money to buy food and pay Daintree her share of the rent. She was cooking a late breakfast when she heard him come into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Dain," She turned to smile at him, sliding the omelet onto her plate. "Are you hungry? I can make another one," She offered, wiggling the plate at him. "And no, I'm off today." She set the plate down and moved to the fridge for a juice.

Daintree didn't know why Emily always tried to pay for the rent when he was paying it all through inheritance. He knew if she moved out he'd probably give most of it back, but perhaps it was just the feeling of helping out that she wanted. The man nodded, "I could definitely eat," he said sitting down at the table. "What do you have for today then? Will you be going back to bed like I am?" he joked, though he would be going back to bed.

Emily grabbed a second juice, walking back to Daintree. She slid the ready made plate over to him, giving him a juice and turning back to the stove to make her own food. "With a book, perhaps," She chuckled. "Working in two separate book stores certainly builds up my list of things I need to read," She smiled, turning to look at her friend. "Can it really be going 'back' to bed when you haven't gone to bed?" She teased him with a coy smile.

Daintree laughed lightly, "Do you employers know you spend more time looking at books than putting them away?" he said jokingly, keeping his tone light and keeping the words friendly. He didn't mean anything by what he said, simply just a joke, knowing that she did a lot of reading. "I went to bed Em...just didn't sleep," he joked. "So back to bed...for some real sleep," he told her stretching out slightly in the chair. "I met up with Jarica to begin with...I don't know if you remember her from our year," he had started the night with her and ended it with someone else.

Emily laughed at his question. "Do you mean my stepmother?" She teased him. "Absolutely. She also knows I sit at the desk writing half of the day." She winked playfully. It didn't take her long for her to finish her food, plating it and moving to sit with the man. She chuckled at his words. "Right, mhm. Of course," She tried to sound serious, taking bites of her food. She shook her head at his question. "Not at all. 'To begin with'? You didn't sleep with her?" She asked. Not because she cared, more just to continue the conversation. Whoever it was hadn't made it home with him. "One of these days you should take me out to meet some lovely ladies," She teased him. It was about time she had fun with someone that wasn't Sydney Stupid Townsend.

Daintree laughed lightly. "I forget she's your boss," he replied honestly. He didn't often remember who she worked for, just that she did work. He didn't know why, in theory much like him, he could support her not working either. Work was so boring too. "Jarica and I are just friends, we've always been just friends," he told Emily, he wasn't interested in sleeping with his friends, he didn't want to ruin those relationships. "Not if you'll steal away all the prettiest girls," he countered though of course he would take Emily out with him one of these days.

Emily chuckled, not surprised that the man had forgotten. She kept eating her food, laughing aloud as he teased her. "Hey, I'm sure you can sacrifice someone on one night," She teased him. "Besides, you know I prefer brains over beauty. I'll take the nerdy ones for you." She winked at him. "Or maybe a nice goth girl. Someone who can handle a good horror story," She reached over to bop his nose with her index finger.

Daintree shrugged a little but was smiling at her laughing. "Stop describing Sydney Townsend while I'm eating breakfast," he teased lightly, though he knew this was a difficult tease to make, after all, if not in the mood it was entirely the wrong thing to say to her. It didn't matter that Daintree had always been friendly with Sydney, not friends really but friendly. "You should go for beauty over brains at least once, just to see if you like it...you never know,"

Emily laughed lightly and shook her head. "What can I say, I have a type." She sipped her juice. "If you run into her don't tell her we're roommates, she'll probably curse you," She teased in return, knowing he was on friendly terms with her. "I'll make you a deal, if you find a girl so mind-blowingly beautiful I'll forget about brains, I'll give her a night," She winked playfully, doubting he'd be able to find anyone.

Daintree laughed, "You are probably right, but she doesn't scare me," he also probably just wouldn't tell her, even if they'd never really been officially friends. He liked to think that Sydney hadn't completely hated him but he'd probably be wrong. "Hmmmm, we'll see then," Daintree told her. Since he didn't have any friends that fit that currently.

Emily chuckled, letting the subject drop. She took a bite of her food and washed it down with her juice, considering what she wanted to say. "You know, maybe if you're up for it," She started, thinking over how to word it. "We could curl up together and I could read you the book I'm writing?" She offered. It had been a while since she and Dain had spent time together. And while Emily wasn't the most cuddly, she'd been feeling a bit lonely lately and thought it might be nice to have him nearby for a bit. She didn't think they would really cuddle, exactly, but some general warmth from nearby might be nice.

Daintree frowned at Emily. He waasn't sure why she would want to do that, it wasn't like they hadn't settled on the couch together before, but that..he wasn't sure. "I was just looking to sleep...," he said, speaking slowly, was she just lonely? "I mean you can sit on my bed and read it as I sleep...but I'm going to sleep," he told her. He was offering a bit of a bridge from what she was offering and what he needed so hopefully she wouldn't mind it.

Emily considered the offer, sipping her drink. "Okay," she agreed easily. "I might just work for a little while then nap with you," She offered, thinking that sounded a bit nicer. She gave him a shy smile. "I could just use the company, honestly." She told him. Books were great, but you had to hold them a good long while before they were warm, and they didn't do much themselves. She loved them though.

Daintree nodded, pleased she hadn't been upset by the slight rebuff to her offer. He finished what he'd been drink and then stood up. "Okay well, I'm gonna go get ready for bed, feel free to just go start working in there," he took out his wand and with a quick wave the dishes began cleaning themselves up and then putting themselves away. he headed out of the room to go get ready to finally go to sleep.

Emily nodded, finishing her juice before walking off to her room, grabbing her manuscript and changing into some comfy pajamas, before walking to Dain's room. He wasn't in yet, so she just crawled in one side of the bed and put in her headphones, listening to her music as she started to review her work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back