Relaxing

Henri Russo

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of a Basilisk
Henri decided that once he finished his assignments he was going to take a well deserved break. So he packed up his schoolwork and shoved it into his bag.

Henri soon found himself standing outside on the Hogwarts Lawn with his Violin in hand. Henri decided that since he hadn't played his Violin in awhile it should play a bit before his day of relaxation ended.
Lifting the instrument to his chin he took the bow in his hand and carefully placed it onto the strings.

It only took Henri a moment to decide what song to play before he carefully began to glide the bow across the strings, make a calm soothing sound come from the instrument.

'wow. It's been awhile. I'm sort of rusty.' Henri though tto himself as he slowly played.
[font][/times][/font]

Kate was walking across the lawn when she heard the most beautiful music. Following the sound she smiled to herself when she saw Henri Russo, her friend, creating the amazing sound. Walking over gently she quietly asked him, "Do you mind if i can join you? You can play really well! I play the violin as well!" She sat on the grass and watched him glide the bow across the 4 strings: G, D, A and E.

Hollie was just taking a walk across the lawn when she heard a lovely sound issuing from the corner of the lawn. She turned around to see Kate talking to a Slytherin first year boy who was playing the violin. She practically beamed.
It's been so long since I've heard someone playing the violin, she mused, and I've never heard a boy play it so well! She wasn't being sexist here; she'd just never heard such a great sound from the violin, and hadn't even seen a boy play before.
Making her way over, Hollie spoke.
"Wow, you play that beautifully. May I join you? I love music." She smiled at him, and then turned to Kate. "Hey Kate, you alright? You play the violin to, right?"

Henri smiled lightly and lowered his bow from the strings. He didn't know that anyone else in Hogwarts played the Violin. He was also happy to have an audience that actually appreciated music.

"Sure you can join!" Henri told Hollie charmingly before he turned to Kate. "Yes, I've been playing since I was a little boy." Henri remembered that he used to hate playing the violin when he was younger. He didn't mind it as much anymore.

"You play too? Well I guess I don't feel so alone anymore. Do you play any instruments Hollie?" Henri quickly asked as he placed his bow back to the strings and carefully began to play again/

Kirsty was walking past the lawn when she heard music. She loved playing the violin in her dorm when she had finished her homework. She seen Kate and 2 other people she didnt know. "Hi Kate. Mind if i join you." Kirsty asked.

"Thanks." Kirsty said then took a seat smiling. " So, do you play a lot." She asked.

Hollie smiled graciously and slipped down beside Kate. She listened to Henri speaking and answered his question.

"Yeah, er... well, I play the flute, piano, and a little guitar. Oh and I sometimes sing, though not amazingly." She smiled.

Another girl then joined them whom Hollie hadn't met, but was pretty sure her name began with a K.

"Hey there, I'm Hollie," she said, extending a hand for the girl to shake. "I think I've seen you around, yes?"

When Kate offered to fetch her own violin, Hollie clapped her hands and nodded.
"Oh my gosh, yes, please do!" she squealed, enthusiastically, when Henri expressed eagerness for it.

Kate grinned and ran back to the common room to fetch it.

10 minutes later she arrived back carrying her case. Opening it carefully she smiled at everyone and looked around then picked it up and started to play the famous Titanic theme tune off by heart. The violin that she held and played made the most beautiful resinating sound that filled the air.

When she got to the finish she looked at Henri and asked, "Sorry, just a warm up. What do you want to play?" She felt embarrased at playing infront of people and looked at the floor whilst she waited for Henri's reply.

When Alyssa heard Violins being played softly in the distance Alyssa turned herself around and decided to see who was playing. Even if she had a hunch who it already was.

When the players came into sight Alyssa wasn't surprised to see Henri, but was surprised to see Aiden's friend Kate standing next to him with a violin in hand.

"Hey can I watch you guys. Im kinda bored." Alyssa admitted/

Henri smiled at Kate.

"You play very well. I'm not sure what we play, I haven't a clue on what songs you know." Henri chuckled and began to tighten the strings on his Violin to make sure it sounded as soon as it could possibly sound..when Alyssa walked over.

Henri knew very well that she wans't here to talk or hang out with him. She really must've been bired.

"Sure." He answered curtly.

Hollie beamed as Kate played Titanic. She loved that song, especially when it was played on the violin. Kate's violin did make a beautiful sound, as Henri's had done.
Then another girl whom Hollie didn't know wandered over. She frowned at Henri's curtness with her, and wandered if they knew each other well.
Perhaps they've fallen out, she wondered, or ended a relationship.

She extended a hand to the other girl.
"Hey, I'm Hollie, from Gryffindor. I don't think we've met?"
She smiled brightly and waited for the girl to introduce herself.

Alyssa took Hollie's hand and shook it firmly. She didn't know this girl but she had seen her around in a few of her classes.

"I'm Alyssa Snow, from Slytherin." Alyssa added in before she stopped shaking the girls hand.
Alyssa then turned towards Henri and gave him a small glare. Because of his Aiden hasn't spoken with her at all.

"You both play very nicely." Alyssa whispered as she carefully sat on a stump that happened to be near the players.

Hollie smiled as Alyssa shook her hand. She too recognised her.
She also noticed the strange behaviour that then took place; a small glare in Henri's direction.
Yeah, they must have quarrelled, she mused. Deciding not to say anything, she looked at Kate expectantly.
"So what are you two gonna play then? Gonna pull of any fancy duets?" She smiled.

Kate smiled at Henri when he asked her what she knew. "Well, i know quite a lot of music. What would you like to play?" She smiled as Alyssa joined them. She noticed a tension between Henri and her. Whilst Hollie and Alyssa were greeting each other Kate sideled over to him and sqeezed his hand gently. "What would you like to play??" She wispered quietly in his ear as she held his hand. He had taken her to the yule ball and she felt that they were closer than just friends.

Hollie raised her eyebrows at the conversation and laughed. She had never heard of such a song. Her sides splitting with laughter, she turned towards Kate and tried to keep a straight face.

"Hey, urm Kate, could you like, give me the rest of the lyrics? Coz it sounds such an..." - she struggled for the word - "... awesome song right now. 'Dum dum dum dum...'" she broke off, laughing.

(in rl, i have no idea what that song is, so please can we imagine that Kate has hummed you the correct tune?? PLEASE??? :begging:)

Kate laughed along with Hollie even though she didn't feel like it. She blushed and answered, "I was humming it to check it was the right one." She looked down at the floor, embarrased. Smiling again she looked to Henri, "So, is that the one?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back