Relaxing in the sun

Kaede looked out at the lake, and watched the foamy edges brush the bank of crystal sand. "I was just thinking about I barely ever learned anything from my Okaasan and Otousan...if I should even call them that." Her parents had never attempted to talk to her, only when it was good for the business...Which was a rarity that barely ever came up. They just didn't have time for her. They don't want to have time for me she thought.

Corrie was slightly confused. What's a Okaasan and Otouasan? He wasn't sure whether or not to ask, it could make her feel worse. On the other hand, if he didn't know what they were they he couldn't know how important they were to her. "What, exactly, is Okaasan and Otousan?"

Kaede blushed when Corrie asked what they were. She had forgotten for a moment that she wasn't in Japan, and that most people don't speak Japanese here. "Well, it's Mom and Dad in Japanese....I barely ever call them that though." The only time she had ever called them that was when they were around people that were part of their business. She remembered the first time she had been punished for not saying, "Yes Otousan?" She never forgot after that.

Corrie frowned, he wasn't expecting parents. He could understand why someone would dislike their parents, he strongly disliked his mother and wouldn't talk to her if he willingly had the chance to, but she was still his mother. It took alot to refer to parents by their names and not their titles. "What happened with them?" Corrie founf it was often one thing that either lead to another or began a chain of events. In some cases is was just the child being born that set it off.

Kaede looked down at the ground when he asked what happened with them. So far she had only told one person, but she trusted Corrie, and since they were friends, Kaede knew he would find out eventually. Taking a deep breath, she decided it was now or later, and tthat hat she might as well get it done. "My parents.." she said, her voice quiet. "Don't care about me. I'm just an asset to them. Nothing more. They're barely ever home, and when they are, they don't talk to me. That is, unless someone else is there. All the staff at my home know it, but they don't say a thing for the fear of losing their job. They talk to my sisters though. My older sister Ayame is a genius. She's been the top student in her school since she was in second grade, and my parents believe she'll go somewhere. My younger sister Yuki is their precious baby, and there's nothing wrong with her. My sister's know that they ignore me, but they can't do anything about it. I've been studying music for years, it's the only thing I can do, and yet, it's still not good enough. My music is the only thing that I have from them. I know I shouldn't complain about my life, because I have no need for want, but I still feel like I'm missing something..." Her voice trailed off. She didn't know what else to say, so she just sat there in silence.

Corrie frowned at her story, he hated it when people used people. Her story brought back memories of his mother, he hated it. The slytherin quickly shook his head in an attempt to get rid of them and focused on Kaede. "Hey, come here love." He shuffled closer to her and enveloped her into his arms. "Blood family is just what you are born with, it's the family you choose that matters. If anyone has something to complain about then they can." He spoke the exact same words that were said to him when his mother left without realising it. When he did he frowned further and clenched his jaw, this was something he hated thinking of.

The small Hufflepuff was pulled into a hug for the second time that day. She let him hug her, she didn't know what to do. Looking at the ground, she thought about what he had said. Blood family is just what you are born with, it's the family you choose that matters. The words kept ringing in her head as tears came to her eyes. No one had ever said anything like that to her before, and she had never thought of it that way either. She loved her sisters, more than anything, but even if they had tried to understand, they wouldn't be able to. They had seen how her parents had treated her, but they didn't fully understand what it was like for their heart to be cut to ribbons everytime her parents turned the other cheek. Ayame tried to console her everytime, but it didn't feel right, since Ayame didn't know what it was like. Yuki was just ignorant, and she didn't see it at all. Or if she did, she acted like she didn't see it.

Kaede tried to say something, but her voice cracked. She didn't know what to say, so she continued to stay silent.

Corrie continued to hug her, wishing she would say something. He was focussing hard on helping her, keeping out memories this topic brought up, and it was hard to do when she was silent. Corrie hated himself for it but he couldn't help but think how lucky she was compared to some people, her parents were honest about how they felt, some just preteneded than left when they had had enough, leaving their child more heatbroken than they would've been if they knew. He shook his head again, trying to get rid of the thoughts, and accidently brushed Kaede's hair. Corrie stopped and looked up to see if she had felt it.

Sorry lame

She still sat in Corrie's arms, wanting to say something, but not knowing what. Kaede felt bad for bringing it upon him all of a sudden. She didn't want to be a burden, especially to her probably closest friend. Murmering the only thing she could, she said, "I'm sorry for bringing this all upon you.." Her voice faded out into another awkward silence.

All of a sudden Corrie brushed her hair. Kaede didn't know if it was by accident or not, but her cheeks turned into a deep cherry red as it happened.

Corrie sighed as she said something, she had shown no signs of noticing his brush but he couldn't see her face from where he was positioned so she could've. "It's alright, your my best friend here, if you can't come to me with these things who can you go to." He added the here into the sentance so he wouldn't sound like a loser, he actually had barely any friends outside of school.

Corrie got an idea, if she didn't like being wiht her parents, and his dad wasn't really bothered about who he brought home, maybe she could come up to his around christmas! "What do you do for christmas?" He had to ask in case they did something special that she couldn't miss.

Kaede smiled slightly when he said she was his best friend there. She had never had a best friend besides her sisters, and they were sisters, not friends. She was glad that he thought of her as one. It made her feel more human than she had all her life. "Your my best friend...here too. I didn't really have any friends back home. My parents never let me out of the estate."

Her head popped up when Corrie asked what she did for Christmas. She was partly confused, since it was such a random question. "Nothing really, they just send us a lot of presents. Other than that, it's just my sisters and I. It's rare that they come home."

Corrie had to think for a second, if she wasn't allowed out of the estate and it was just her and her sisters for christmas, would she be allowed or willing to come to his for a bit? "Do you think they would let you go somewhere for part of the holidays, like, somewhere quite far away?" Corrie wasn't the best at geography but he was pretty sure Bulgaria and Japan weren't exactly next door neighbours.

Kaede turned her head around, wondering what he meant. "I don't think they would care. They're never there, so if I did leave for a bit, they wouldn't know, or probably care." The slight blush was still painted across her cheeks, but it had began to fade back into her milky, pale skin. She didn't know what Corrie had in mind, but she wanted to find out. Stuttering a bit, she said, "W-Why do you ask?"

Corrie smiled at her question. "Well, I was wondering if maybe you would like a break from the norm and maybe spend a part of the holidays somewhere else. Like, a different country." He was being vague, he wanted to see if he would understand what he was saying.

Her mind went blank for a moment. Is he...? She couldn't finish the sentence in her head. "Do you mean like, with you?" She couldn't believe it. If it was true, she would be shocked. Kaede had never really gone anywhere, except a few places, and she wasn't allowed to leave the various houses in those places that her parents had. She had always been seperated from the world, and maybe this was her chance to see the world.

Corrie smiled at her expression. "If you don't want to..." He let the sentance run off. He could tell she would like to he was omore worried about if she was allowed to.

Kaede turned around, not taking in what he had said until a few moments later. Her mouth gaped and she quickly replied, "No!" Her cheeks started to turn a rosy red color at her outburst. She waved her hands, trying to show she hadn't meant it like she said. "No, I didn't mean it like that, I meant no as in I really do want to go, really I do." She had an urge to cover her face with her hands, she was so embarrassed, but she tried really hard not to move. Her hands trembled as she clamped them together in her lap. The trembling wasn't only from the embarrassment, but also the fact that she might get to spend Christmas with a friend instead of her family. Not that she didn't want to be with her sisters, but she wanted to be able to get away. She would go back home before school started for a little bit, but not for very long.

Corrie laughed as Kaede frantically tried to explain that she wasn't saying no. "I get it don't worrry." He grinned at her, it was obvious she was excited. "But if you don't want to you don't have to you know." He grinned while teasing her. It was slightly cruel but it was how Corrie was amused.

Her eyes widened at his comment, not realizing that it was a joke. "No no! I really really would love to go!" She quickly placed her hands on her cheeks to stop the reddening blush on them. Not that it would help, but it was the only thing she could think of. It was a dream come true to be invited away from home, she had rarely been able to leave before she came to Hogwarts.

Corrie laughed again. "You know something gives me the feeling you want to come to my house." He grinned at her as she tried to stop the blushing, it really wasn't working.

She kept her hands placed over her cheeks, still wishing them to turn back to their normal color. She couldn't help being embarrassed now, it would be impossible. Kaede frantically nodded her head at Corrie, hoping that he would know that she really wanted to go. She also didn't say anything for fear of embarrassing herself even more. Her head was swirling with all the old Christmas memories. Thinking over it, they were all the same, and now, there would be a change in the routine.

Corrie laughed as she nodded frantically and tried to hide her cheeks. "I'll send an owl home to ask later then. You should be allowed." He grinned at her in a friendly way, happy that this christmas would be spent with his family and his best friend.

(OOC: sorry for delay, had no internet for ages)

Kaede almost burst with happiness. Finally a Christmas away from her family. It would be relaxing. "Really? That's awesome! I'm so excited! I'm so happy that I could run around in circles for hours!" Her joy was flowing out of her like a waterfall. She hadn't been so happy in ages. Corrie was her best friend, and spending Christmas with him would be even better.

Corrie laughed as she burst with excitement. "You really are a special girl aren't you." He meant it as in wierd but also as a good thing. He wouldn't change her, then she'd be boring.

(soooooooo sorry, I completely forgot about Corrie altogether, sorry!!!!)

Kaede smiled wide as he said she was a "special girl". She had always known that she was different from others, but that's what made her Kaede. "Why, of course I am! Everyone is special in their own way, mine is just a weird way different from everyone elses. But that's a good thing, because you know, the world would be very boring without weird people." Laughing, she looked at Corrie and smiled, glad that she had his company.

(it's okay, it happens ^^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back