OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
11 in Knotted Silver Lime, Dragon Heartstring Core
While Adorah and Juniper had spent a bit of time climbing trees and making forts in their childhood, the younger Zumwalt was not much of an outdoorsy gal. Yet, today, the weather was clear with a slight breeze, Juniper found herself by the lake, barefoot and ankle deep in the water. There was something about reconnecting with the earth that she had been more recently exploring, and even though the initial feeling of mud between her toes wasn't pleasant, it grew on her. She walked through the shallow end of the water, finding little things within the body that provided her with some sort of inspiration. She hoped the merfolk and other creatures wouldn't mind anything she took and considered returning it after she had spent some times with the pieces, especially if they wouldn't be put to any use. Placing a rather jagged purple rock in her satchel, Juniper paused as she looked out over the lake, spreading her arms to embrace the wind.

@Simon Thorne

Simon's year was not off to a great start. His father hadn't budged on his ultimatum and after his dismal OWL results, his future was not looking very bright. And that was even before Caleb got sorted into Slytherin with him. Of course the brat got everything right with out even trying, not that he even needed to. He always got his way anyways. Simon needed to clear his head so he started to walk, and kept walking until the lake came into view. He wasn't sure why he always ended up here but the sound of the water was calming and he needed some time to think. But he quickly noticed he wasn't alone and frowned. He stayed back for a moment watching the girl wade out into the water barefoot and hold her arms open to the breeze. He almost wanted to laugh but he kept quite and got closer. "I hear there's a monster in the lake." he called out casually as he stuck his hands in his pockets. "I would be careful if I were you." he said with a playful smile.

Juniper was spending a moment in an almost meditative state, connecting to the earth. She had found herself spending embracing more and more of these moments since taking divination. However, her peace was interrupted by a voice nearby, and Juniper turned to look at a boy who looked familiar but she didn't know. "I'm not afriad of monsters," she said, turning back to the direction she had previously faced and drew in another breath. "Besides, maybe I'm trying to lure the creature up here. I think we'd be great friends," she responded sarcastically, opening her eyes again and eyeing another rock just beneath her feet. Juniper bent down to pick up the stone, placing it in her bag among the rest.

Simon's grin widened as she claimed not to be afraid. "Well that's good." he said, his voice full of sarcastic relief even it he said it mostly to himself than anyone else as he watched her. His lip quirked at her suggestion of befriending the creature. "So you're using yourself as bait then?" he asked and continued to get closer. He stopped firmly at the edge of the water where it just brushed the bottom of his shoes. Simon hadn't gotten a very good look at her as he approached considering she was facing away from him but he wondered how he had never seen her before. "Well do tell me what they're like. I wonder what they like to talk about?" he mused, as he crossed his arms and showed no sign of leaving.

Last edited:
Juniper smirked as she looked back up at the boy. "Are you calling me a worm or something?" She didn't move as he stepped closer, finding his face familiar but not quite placing it with a name or house. If they didn't play quidditch or weren't in her class, she would easily forget they existed. It was the downside of living in her own little world. Juniper drug her foot through the water slowly as she thought about the story she could craft. "So, you're assuming they have a companion? That there are two creatures down there? It would be a lonely existence to just exist in a giant fish bowl tormented by decades of students." She took a step towards him and squished some mud between her toes. "I imagine that they live in some cave. Maybe they're actually the ruler of the lake. The mer-people even bow to it, but the creature is what keeps everyone living harmoniously."

Simon let out a laugh and it surprised him. “So you’re not denying it, interesting.” he pointed out jokingly. He was enjoying himself more than he expected and decided to try and join her in the fiction she was creating, even if he was going to be pragmatic about it. “In that case, I hope they do have a companion.” he said thoughtfully when she mentioned it getting harassed by students. If he was some kind of lake monster he probably wouldn't be nearly as patient and would have gobbled up several student by now. He paused when she started walked towards him and finally got a good look at her. She was very pretty, albeit a bit odd. But he found her sense of whimsy charming for some reason, even if he did make a face as he heard the mud squish beneath her feet. “A ruler?” he mused as he considered this new element to the story. “You know I’ve never really considered the government of subaquatic creatures before.” he admitted. "Curious as to why you would assume monarchy?" he asked trying to keep a straight face but felt his lips try and turn into an amused smile.

Juniper thought about what the boy had asked for a moment. "I think creatures are more apt to relying on the food chain. So, kind of how lions are considered "king," this creature, whether they're a vegetarian or not, would probably fall into the same category," she suggested, realizing she wasn't quite sure how long mer-people lived. "Why? Do you think it's a democracy or something and they have weekly meetings?" she teased, kicking a little water at him. "I'm Juniper, by the way."

Simon kept up a thoughtful expression through out her entire explanation. “Right...” he said slowly when she finished. He raised and eyebrow when she asked for his thoughts. “Me?” he asked and pointed at himself to emphasis his cluelessness. He was a little surprised she had asked for his input. “I think you have some very solid reasoning. But I think imagining fish meetings is a little more fun.” he said lightly but his thoughtful facade was broken when she splashed some water in his direction. He made a disgruntled sound but he couldn't keep the smile from his face and he tried to give her a stern look. “I’m Simon.” he answered, unable to sound serious. “So Juniper," he began as he inspected himself for any drops of lake water and was almost distracted by how well he thought the name suited her. "Do you usually spend so much time theorizing about aquatic life?” he asked curiously.

Juniper liked the sound of the boy's name - Simon. She thought about his question for a moment and then looked out over the lake. "Not normally. Most of my time is preoccupied with maaking things or studying. Or working really hard to beat certain people at duels," she said with a teasing grin. She was sure Simon would know Lysander or of him and wondered if she found him as annoying as she did. "What do you like to do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back