Reconnaisance

Markus Schwarz

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Mark smiled to himself as he finished rearranging the books on the grand bookshelf in the living room. He'd brought a few more possessions over from his recent trip to Germany - not something he wanted to think about, really (at least he'd made up with Joseph after that small disagreement) - and had been placing them around the house. Of course, their house in New Zealand - while comfortable and reasonably spacious - was nothing compared to the manor in Germany, and Mark had found that to be rather a problem when it came to storage space. And Clara was no help whatsoever. To be honest, he'd hardly expected her to be. He had a rather unfavourable opinion of her, despite the fact that she was his own sister, after that little stunt she pulled in Germany.

Sitting himself on the couch, Mark relaxed with a glass of pumpkin juice and a peaceful expression on his face. He was rather looking forward to seeing Larissa again, especially after their last meeting and how well that had turned out.

Larissa arrived at Mark's house. It had taken her some time to navigate her way there by muggle transport but she had managed. Now she was at his front door, eager to see him, a smile on her face. She was dressed up for seeing Mark- she always liked to make a special effort for him and it was worth it to see the expression on his face. She quickly looked over her outfit before taking a deep breath, raising a fist and knocking loudly on the door.

It was a good thing her mother didn't know she was here or she'd be in serious trouble. In fact, she'd be in even more trouble (if that was possible) should her mum discover what else Mark was: A supporter of the dark arts.

Hearing the knock on the door, Mark quickly got to his feet and opened the door, a cheerful smile on his face. It was rare for the Death Eater to look cheerful, but Larissa just had that effect on him. Accursed part-Veela, Mark thought to himself, more fondly than anything else. At least now they sort of knew where they stood. Once she was seventeen, they could commence a proper relationship. For now, it was frowned upon for them to do so, considering the ages of the parties involved, but Mark scarcely cared. If he didn't have to act in such a way as not to draw attention to himself, he might have gone ahead and started a relationship anyway. As it was, he had to be good.

"Larissa," Mark began as he opened the door, beckoning for her to come inside. "It is very good to see you again, Fraulein," he stated, rather happily. Closing the door behind her, he took the privacy as an opportunity to embrace her and kiss her, before leading her through to the lounge. "Is there anything I can get for you? A drink, perhaps?"

Larissa practically beamed when she saw Mark and stepped inside. As the door close, she found herself kissing Mark before following him into the lounge. She sat down on the sofa and smiled at him. "No, thanks," Larissa said, "I'm fine." It wasn't a drink she was here for. It was Mark. She patted the space beside her on the sofa, gesturing for him to join her. "How have you been? Up to much lately? .. Done any killing?" the word rolled off of Larissa tongue and a dark smile was etched upon her face. Of course it was a strange thing to ask but Mark was a death eater and Larissa was, naturally, curious.

Part of her wanted to stop wasting time on small talk, to just kiss him like she longed to but part of her, the mature part, urged her to remain patient, to force him to wait a little while longer.

Without another word, Mark sank on to the sofa beside Larissa, still unable to believe how damn lucky he was (and how long it was going to be before he was damned for doing such a thing - she was underage, and though he had no intention of doing anything illegal with her, he still felt bad). "Haha, not really. I've been keeping a low profile, staying in the office. Nearly bashed up an old friend of mine and was tempted to kill my sister, though." He briefly told her the story of Joseph and Clara, with a long-suffering look upon his face as he did so.

"Enough about me, how about you, meine liebe?" Mark said, moving his arm to wrap around her shoulders and draw her closer to his chest. It was nice to have that comfort of this girl by his side. He wanted to kiss her, too, but he would be patient. It would not do to come across a madman and start kissing her already.

Larissa listened to Mark tell her of his reason for wanting to kill his sister and beat up his friend. However, she found herself much more amused as his arm wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. The warmth of his body beside hers was somewhat soothing and she could feel his heart beating. Hers was starting to race. Whenever she was around him, her heart thumped like a angry gorilla shaking a cage. It was crazy, insane, but Larissa, as young as she was, never wanted to be with anyone else. If she died now in Mark's arms then she would be happy. Although, she preferred to be alive, enjoying his company, his voice.

"School is it's usual dull self but I'm much happier now.." She smiled up at Mark, her eyes on his. She paused for a moment before laying her head against his chest and listening to the beating of his heart. One of her hands reached out to a loose thread in the sofa and began twisting it. "I've missed you, you know," Larissa said, releasing the thread and looking up at Mark, "I even messed up some lessons because I couldn't stop thinking about you." She smiled.

So this was what it was like, to have someone to care about and who cared about him in return. This was what it was to be happy. He hadn't ever really felt like this before, but it was a rather pleasant and enjoyable feeling, and one that he would not give up for anything. He wouldn't give her up for anything. He felt foolish, and yet he honestly couldn't care less. Around her, he was actually happy. Life wasn't so mundane, and he only had Larissa to thank.

"I've missed you too," he whispered in return, unable to contain himself and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Although I'm not sure whether to be worried or flattered about you messing up lessons," he added, with a chuckle. "Though some paperwork's been a little lacking thanks to your occupation in my thoughts," he said, holding her close to him. Having her heart beat against his own - it was comfortiing, to say the least.

"Really?" Larissa said, unable to help the tone of great satisfaction in her voice. Well, if she'd been on his mind, causing his paperwork trouble then it meant she was of some importance, that he cared about her. Having someone care about her- it wasn't something Larissa had really ever felt before. She had sought it so but with little success.. Until now. Larissa tilted her head up to Mark so that she could see him. "Underneath that deadly appearance and threatening stare, there's a little teddy-bear inside asking to get out." Larissa teased, giggling and walking her fingers up his chest as though they were going for a stroll.

She reached up her hand and took him by the collar, pulling him close enough so that she could plant her lips on his. So many people she knew would only see their age gap, see what he was and what she was and turn their heads in disgust. Larissa, however, could not see this. Theirs was an ageless love, something she would defend indefinitely. Besides, it wasn't like she was going to tell anyone about him until she was of age and they could have a proper relationship. Larissa often found herself wishing for the day to come sooner.

Mark coughed as Larissa teased him, trying to ignore the fingers walking up his chest. Gott verdammt, Fraulein! Mark thought to himself, feeling the heat rise in his face. It was almost imperceptable, but he was blushing ever so slightly. The things this girl did to him...she was right. Although he could be deadly and threatening - after all, he had killed and tortured before - he did have a soft heart for those he allowed, such as Clara or Larissa.

Suddenly, he felt her lips on his, and although their relationship would be frowned upon if anyone knew, although he knew he shouldn't be doing this, he honestly didn't care. He was happy. Larissa was beautiful and he was definately falling for her. He often found himself wishing she was of age so they could be in a proper relationship. Soon, though, she would be sixteen, and that would put her that bit closer. It would not be long before she was seventeen, and an adult. Threading one of his large hands through her soft, blonde hair, Mark held her as close as possible, hardly willing to let her go.

Clara had come back from Germany in a better mood than she'd been in in ages. She'd gotten back at Joseph in a completely devious manner, and she knew he was going to pay her back in some way, but for now, she would take her victory and be prepared for their next meeting. A smirk stretched across her beautiful face as she thought about this. Joseph may have beaten her in the past, but now they were older, he was going to learn not to think he could get the better of her.

Walking down the stairs, from her room to her her basement where she had her potions equipment, she saw her brother with a girl on the couch. "Oh please, Mark, get a room," she snarled, before pausing. This must be that girl, the one he'd mentioned on occaision. Her trademark smirk quickly turned in to a scowl. An underage half-breed. Did her brother not know any better? It was disgusting. Was she going to be the only one to carry on the line appropriately? "Well? Aren't you going to introduce me?"

At the sound of that unmistakable voice, Mark abruptly broke apart from Larissa, feeling rather embarassed. Clara. He should have known she'd be about, but he'd hoped to introduce Larissa to Clara in different circumstances. Embarassed, he looked at Larissa apologetically, before looking over at his sister.

"Oh, hello Clara," he stated, relatively calmly. He was pretty good at controlling his emotions, that was something. "Well, I guess I ought to introduce you...Larissa, this is my sister, Clara. Clara, meet Larissa. I assume you have already gathered what sort of relationship is going on here, sister dear." There was obvious sarcasm in the term of endearment - of course, Mark was still rather mad at Clara for that stunt she pulled the other day.

Larissa was, naturally, rather displeased at the abrupt end to her time close with Mark but she could understand that he didn't want this woman witnessing them together. Larissa knew instantly who Clara was. There was a slight family resemblance. Larissa stood up, decidedly confident, and offered a hand in greeting. "Pleasure to meet you, Clara, Mark has told me all about you." She smiled darkly at the woman before her. Yes, this woman probably could take her down in an instant but Larissa wouldn't go without a fight. Although, Larissa believed herself a lot stronger than she appeared.

"You know, it could have been a lot worse," Larissa started, and at this she seemed to grow taller, to reach the same height as Clara, to mirror her almost exactly. "You could have caught him with someone else.. But at least I'm not pretending to be pregnant, that would be pathetic." She smiled darkly, teeth bared, eyes glowing, daring Clara to strike. She looked Clara up and down, sizing her up. Larissa was ready to take her on, ready to show her that though she wasn't of pure blood, she was powerful enough to beat her in a fight.

Oooh, a fighter. Clara could almost forgive her for being of impure blood...almost. Of course, she was quite displeased, too, that Mark had told the girl about her stunt with Joseph, and now the girl - Larissa - was taunting her about it. What a foolish half-breed she was. Clara's eyebrows narrowed, and she scowled. Did this girl really think she could get the better of her? Nobody could. Not even Joseph.

"Oh really, now?" Clara stood up, folding her arms and standing straight and tall. She cursed being so short, even Gretchen was taller than her. Clara had always hated her for that - that, and being prettier than her. Sure, Clara was seen as the most cunning and devious, but she wanted the prize of attractiveness, too. "Pathetic? Seducing an older, idiotic man isn't?" Clara asked, shooting an acidic look at Mark. Oh, she liked her brother well enough, but he could be very dense at times. He was a man, after all. "That man had what was coming to him. You, dear girl, you are too young to understand."

Larissa, as strange as it was (though, most things associated with Larissa were not as they 'should' be) had a small amount of admiration for Clara. "Ooh, strong words," Larissa hissed, smiling, half wanting to defend Mark but listening to the part of her that knew he was more than capable of taking care of himself. "But I am more than capable of understanding. As for 'seducing an older, idiotic man', I can tell you that he is smarter than most men I have met," Larissa had quite a mouth on her when she wanted to, "and our age gap means nothing. However, I am sure you have done things much worse than I." Larissa paused, looking at Clara darkly. Most people had a skeleton or two in the closet.

Larissa turned to Mark, withdrawing a little from the 'battlefield', weaving her beneath one of Mark's arms, hugging into his side and smirking at Clara. A woman like Clara should know how deep Larissa had already dug her talons into Mark and she would not be leaving without a fight. "Haven't you got anything better to do?" Larissa asked Clara, rhetorically, "As you managed to pretend being pregnant, perhaps you could pretend you have a life?" Larissa, though she probably should have, did not feel at all intimidated by Clara. In fact, Larissa was rather enjoying Clara's company but it was company to be enjoyed only in small measures and now Larissa wanted some time to be with Mark, having waited all term for some decent amount of time with him.

Mark wondered if he'd have to diffuse the situation. It was like seeing Clara and Gretchen at it, but Larissa gave back more than Gretchen ever did. He was quite flattered when Larissa complimented him, but he knew he'd be copping an earful from Clara later on. She had some restraint, although she rarely showed it. But when she met a match in words...well, they always shut her up somehow. Joseph, for example...actually, Mark didn't want to think about that at all.

"Larissa," he stated, before looking over at Clara. "Clara, don't you have some business to attend to? Your job, for example? I would appreciate it if you left us be. Or would you like me to recall some of these 'worse things' and the more embarassing things and send an owl to your good friend Joseph? I assume you do not want him to have ammunition to win your little 'war', am I correct?" Mark said calmly, a smirk gracing his handsome features. Even if Clara could get her way easily, being the darling little sister, Mark, as the older brother, was able to have control, too.

Clara lifted her chin slightly, her hands on her hips, looking defiant. Does this little girl really think she knows me? she thought, indignant. Secretly, she appreciated that the girl had an acid tongue and thought that she could perhaps approve of her in time, despite her status. She certainly seemed to make her brother happy, and she, too, had within her the darkness that all in this room shared. Clara could see it. "Oh, I assure you, I have plenty of things I could be doing, but I simply could not miss this opportunity to...get to know the girl my brother seems so keen on," Clara purred, smirking - a calm smirk identical to her brother's. Despite the fact she was losing the battle, she seemed to still carry herself with the same calm grace she usually did.

One could see the obvious hesitation and horror at Mark's statement, however. Her gaze dropped, her head no longer held high but instead piercing holes in to her brother's face, before she cleared her throat and looked calm once more. "Brother, dearest, I understand. I will retreat, but do not go disgracing this girl. Just remember how old she is, ja?" she said, innocently, before sweeping downstairs to get to work.

Larissa could feel the tension suddenly building: She could only wonder what Mark knew about Clara that he was threatening to tell Joseph of. Although, she couldn't help but dwell on Clara's words. 'the girl my brother seems so keen on' there was something about hearing from another person- other than Mark- which made it so.. wonderful. It would remind her that this was real. That Mark really did like her, that she wasn't just going to wake up and have this all be a dream. She smirked as she watched Clara go, feeling that she had, in a roundabout way, 'won the battle'.

Larissa cuddled into Mark's side. She loved how much taller than her he was, she loved how she could cuddle up to the giant of a man like he was her teddy bear and, she guessed, she loved the way she could convince him to do what she wanted, manipulate him. This was a darker side of Larissa but it seemed to happen naturally without her, as such, choosing her actions. But Larissa's trail of thought had since moved on. She was now thinking about the benefits of being around a Death Eater. One day, Larissa would ask him to teach her dark magic. But for now, Larissa just wanted to spend time with Mark. "Can I see it?" Larissa asked suddenly, grabbing Mark's arm and tugging it around in front of her. "Can I see the dark mark?" she clarified after a moment. She had not seen his mark before. Though, Larissa had seen Grakul's mark, she wondered if every one was different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back