Recharging batteries

Ginny Porter

Wand
Apple wood 9 3/4" Fairy wings
Ginny walked into the pitch before twirling as she saw it was completely empty. She smiled, clutching her nimbus to her before she skipped towards the center of the pitch. She set her broom hovering before jumping on it. Just sitting there with her legs kicking, she was bliss. The broom started to move forward slowly and Ginny twisted so she was sitting like she should be on the broom as it moved faster. She flew round in a few figure the eights before slowly down to a reasonable speed. She smiled as the wind blew against her face so softly, just like if you were on a horse. That's what she missed so much. Her baby Shadow.
As she lounged along her broom, her thoughts drifted in and out about Shadow and her old orphanage. She missed them though at the time, she had been glad to get out of there.

Maddiie appearance could be seen just outside the school entrance with her old numbis clutching her in right hand. Just like the school and friends all around her, everything that she truly missed, she had also miss flying. No not the muggel way on a air plane but the flying high in the sky on the broom flying. She had miss every aspect of it and was excited as she took several steps away from the entrance only to mount her broom and take off. It felt so easy to her once she was able to move with such speed, it always amazes her how fast she would always go on a broom. She made a few dashes around the pitch even attempted with her eyes close only to sense another individual nearby. She had caught a glimpse of the person as she open her eyes wide again, only to see them zoom off another direction. Maddiie had twisted her broom a little bit higher above the pitch as she sees the person dashing away, it was a girl but who? "Hmmm she looks familiar" she mumble to herself trying to take a good look at the girl.

Ginny yawned as she rested her chin on her folded hands. She saw the end of the pitch coming up and she smiled, wakening up a bit. She stretched on the broom before leaning low on the broom. She had a wicked grin on her face as she sped up to the hoops with such speed. The balls of her feet found their way onto the broom as she was meters away from the hoop and still continuing to gain fast. She was going to do one of her favorite tricks on the broom. She had learnt it from Lily's flying and had improved on it over the years to have her own twist to it.
As the broom was about to crash into the pipe, Ginny leaped up off the broom. The broom dropped down under the pipe but this was unnoticed, the secret of the trick. The main attention was drawn to Ginny as her knees were drawn close to her chest and she somersaulted three times before she was near her broom enough to grab it with her hands and swing back onto it. The glowing eyes told the whole story of how happy she was to do this. Ginny turned the broom to head back down the other way when she noticed that she had had a spectator. She waved to them as she flew towards them. It would do no harm in saying hi.

Maddie had watched closely as the girl perform a trick in mid-air. She had narrow her back leaning onto the broom as she speed away in spiral momentum, her form had twist into a 360 circle, as she spiral towards the south of the pitch. So she had missed the wave, but curiosity kicked in as she dash back towards the direction where the girl was said seen, when her jaws dropped in disbelief. She knew it, but she didn't want to believe. I mean she did want to believe, but blink a couple time to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks "GINNY!!" she shouted as she was able to compose herself and manage to scream at the top of her lungs. It was her friend from Ravenclaw, it was ages since the last time she saw her friend, they had been close...She speed rapidly towards her almost falling off her nimbus

Ginny covered her ears as the girl shouted her name. She looked a bit confused at the girl before she sped fast towards her. Putting her right hand over her eyes to block the sun, she looked at the familiar face of the owner of the scream. 'Maddie?'she called, not sure if she had had enough sleep this morning. She blinked hard and found the same person on that broom. It was Madders.
Ginny bent low on the broom, the muscles in her back tensed as she sped forward to her long lost friend. She laughed as she almsot lost her balance on her broom. It had been so long she had done that.

Maddiie face was flushed with a hush ruby cheeks from smiling to wide. She had known it was her and had met her half way as she circle Ginny round and round in circle in total excitement. "Where have you been?!? What happen to you?!?" Maddiie started to ask more along the who, what when where and why, babbling as if someone cast the babbling curse upon her. But she had missed Ginny greatly, and stop to circle her form, as she edges closer to Ginny in attempt to embrace Ginny with a great big bear hug "I missed you!!"

Ginny smiled as they met each other half way. 'Well....umm....see,'she tried to answer but it was always cut off with Maddie's next question. Her head kept trying to follow the flying figure around her. She wondered why she hadn't met Maddie round the school before. She was here almost every other day and never had she seen Madders before. Ginny laughed as Maddie tried to get closer to give her a hug. Ginny stood on her broom and stepped onto Maddie's sitting down beside her. Giving her a hug, she stuck her tongue out playfully. 'I am still so much better than you at those things,' she replied laughing. Her hand reacher out for her broom as she held it before slipping back onto it once more. 'On the other hand, where have you been? Letting me miss you for soo long, 'she asked Maddie a big cheeser of a grin on her face still.

Maddiie felt extremely stupid, but she manage to play it off. Of course it wasn't Ginny who was always leaving. It was more her going as always. "Ugh, yeah everytime I leave I always forget to tell you bud" she smile slightly hoping she forgive her. "I've been traveling on and off, and when I am here I seem to always isolate myself because of school work" she sighs as she glide next to her "But how you been? You seem different, more apperance wise" she smile up at Ginny

Ginny smiled. 'S'ok Madders. I have no objections. After all, it's not your fault after all,' she replied smiling at her friend. She wondered why Maddie always apologized when there was no need to half the time. She smiled though didn't feel the need to reply to to anything on Maddie's explanation. 'Hmm, really?? I haven't really noticed much. Do I really look that different?'she replied, frowning slightly. She was annoyed or anything like that, it's just..yeah.. no one had said anything bout her looking different before. 'I've been great actually. And you should meet George and my family now. He is such a great guy,' she replied doing a complete roll on her broom as she said this. She was happy and so proud of her new family, like a child with a bike for their christmas present.

"George?" Maddiie say titling her head to the side sd the broom lean towards her motion. "WHo is George, and I mean you look great silly" she chuckle at Ginny. "How's classes going by the way?" she would ask swinging both her legs. The summer air was relaxing her abit, even though it was muggy out today. She felt her entire posture just feel free limb and let loose.

Ginny smiled at Maddie before laughing. 'George,' she started telling her, lingering on the name. 'is my foster-brother. 16 years old and counting,' she finished off smiling. 'And thank you Madders. You look great as well, comparing to the last time I saw you when you were only a lil' 4th year,' she replied, before laughing again. She felt so relaxed it was unbelievable. Or maybe it was just because she was flying. That was probably the cause to it in the end.
'Classes are really boring actually. I've done all the stuff before almost Maddie. It's ridiculous. Though, it's probably extra practise for the OWLs I guess,' answered honestly by Ginny. She sat up on her broom before lying down on her back. She remembered this was the only way she could read a book before for some reason. Probably still was.

"Oh I see, must be nice to have a brother around" Maddiie chuckle while sitting up straight now. "Yes class can be a dragged and I know its all because of O.W.Ls exam coming up for you. Bit next year will be my last and I have to worry about NEWTs" Maddiie said kind of sad. Not because of the exam coming back it was more because she was finally leaving the school after so many years attending. "I just hope I don't fail them, its hard not knowing what you want to be after Hogwarts" she says a little bit stern. "But eh..it must be done" she would look up at Ginny, than begin to sway her body towards the side as she was getting ready to take off around the pitch.

Ginny nodded. She tottally agreed to that. Having a borther around was amazing. She nodded as they talked about the exams. She really didn't mind much about them though. Worrying did nothing. If she felt relaxed and confident about them, she knew she'd do fine.
'Yep, exams are their way of pay back. Torture to the trouble makers,' she laughed with her, joking of course. She sighed before giving Mads a big grin. 'Race you hunni,' she challenged her, before leaning her body low on her broom, and shooting off, soon becoming a blur of white, from her skinny jeans, and blue, from her checked tank top. She glanced back quickly to see if Maddie was even racing.

Maddiie laughs seeing as Ginny soar passed her. It was the same O'l Ginny always trying to beat her in flying. She had to admit she wasn't keeping up with Quidditch but she heard about Ravenclaw winning. Maddiie had missed playing the sport but was afraid she couldn't keep up with it anymore. She lean and took off right after Ginny swaying her body left to right as she dash all about the pitch keeping up with Ginz. Her hair flare as the wind blow pass her, the steady of her legs tuck to her side."Right behind you Ginz!"

Ginny laughed as Maddie called to her. Ginny couldn't believe how fast Maddie had gotten over the year but she shrugged it off and tried harder to get there, performing some neat barrel rools and twisting round the pitch in a zig zag manner like Maddie. 'Right in front of you Madz,' she called back jokingly, as a brilliant smile caught on her feautures.

(( Sorry Ginz would you like to start a new topic or x-x?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back