Reaquainting myself with the place

Luna Paramore

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" with a Essence of Phoenix Ash
Luna slowly made her way out of the large castle and down to the grounds of the large Hogwarts New Zealand. She had opted for a simple pair of Tennis shoes, some jeans, and a green tee shirt. An outfit she hadn't been able to wear in quite a while, She had transferred out of Hogwarts New Zealand and into Beauxbatons early on last year and after a while had started to regret it. While things had been good at first with her almost instantly befriending the 'Popular' group of girls, after a while she had started to feel like a fake. Separating herself from them helped, but she found herself missing New Zealand. Now she was back and eager to try to blend in with the school once more. Maybe talk to some of the friends that she had made here... Though she really hadn't made many.

Angus hung out on the lakefront, knowing he needed to get more fresh air and sunshine. He didn't want to get as sick as he had last year. And the lakefront was a beautiful place to relax and breathe easy. This year, he wasn't going to get sick and become a total recluse. He was going to take good care of himself this year, and he was going to talk to people now. There's someone now, he thought, noticing a familiar girl on the lakefront. When he looked a little closer, he realised who it was... "Luna?" he called, stunned. Luna had left early in their first year, and Angus had missed her - she was one of the first people he'd become friends with at Hogwarts.

Luna had started to kick a stray rock along in front of her as she walked when she heard a slightly familiar voice call out her name. She quickly looked up from the rock which had flown into the lake anyways and quickly found the source of the noise. When she saw who it was she smiled "Angus?" She called back to him only a bit unsure, out of the few friends she had made here before going off to France, Angus had been the first one she had made, the one she was closest to, and the one she had missed the most. She had wanted to talk to him again once she got back but she hadn't been expecting for the opportunity to present itself to her so soon.

Angus grinned as Luna responded, and rushed over to her. "Luna! Where've you been? It's awesome to see you again!" he gushed, beaming at her. "How've you been?" he added. "Didn't you go to Beauxbatons?" he asked. "Sorry, I ought to stop interrogating you. I'll let you speak," he laughed, grinning broadly.

((wow, i honestly can't write much at the moment.))

Luna's smile grew bigger as Angus rushed over to her and started asking her questions at a mile a minute. "Angus! It's awesome to see you again too!" was all she could get out for a second before going on to answer his questions. "Yes I went to Beauxbatons, and as for how I've been, I've been doing okay... But I'm glad to be back!" she responded before asking a few questions of her own. "How have you been? Did I miss anything interesting here? I'm glad you made it through the steep drop of first years!" she had heard Kailey talk about how every year there would be floods of first years and how by the end of the year there would be only as handful left. Luna had been afraid all of her friends had went elsewhere to study magic like she had.

"Beauxbatons?" Angus asked. "My cousin goes there," he muttered, frowning. "She's a fourth year now, though," he added, brushing it off. I so hope Luna didn't have to meet Antoinette, he thought, desperately. "Glad to see you back. You missed the TriWizard Tournament...that was a bit crazy. There was this whole scandal with a couple of the people from Durmstrang, they had a fight at the Yule Ball. Don't really know what happened, though. Then the tournament got cancelled because Headmistress Barker got kidnapped at the second task! I don't know, your sister probably told you this though. Professor King and Professor Rambolt are in charge." Angus shrugged. "Nearly had to drop out, I spent most of the second semester being sick. But hey, here I am," he said, with a grin.

"My sister probably knows her then, Trista's a fourth year at Beauxbatons too." Luna replied "About the Durmstrang thing... I really had no clue about what went on there. Yeah, Kailey told me about Headmistress Barker being kidnapped... It's awful." she said, a frown not really forming on her face until Angus mentioned he had been sick. "What was wrong?" she asked before adding "Well, whatever it was, you seem to be better now." with a smile coming back on her face. She really hoped now that she was back, Her and Angus may get to see and talk to each other more.

Angus laughed. "I feel sorry for your sister, then," he said, shaking his head. "Yeah, it was a bit crazy. There were three guys and one girl, and I think the girl and one of the older guys had this big fight, and she ran off, and the younger Durmstrang guy ran off...and then the two older guys were acting like they owned the place...I seriously have no clue." He smiled slightly, still thinking of how much it sucked that Headmistress Barker was gone. "Yeah, I'm better. Stupid cold and fever. I couldn't leave my dorm room much," he said, sadly. "But this year will be pretty awesome. You'd better stick around, missy. We've got DADA together as our first class and I need someone to sit with," he said, mock-seriously.

Luna laughed "I'm guessing shes not exactly your favorite cousin then?" she joked before listening to her friends recap of the whole Durmstrang incident. "Wow... Sounds like alot of drama happens at Yule balls, My sister said that year before last there was a fight that knocked down the whole food table." she told him "It must have sucked to have been confined to your dormitory for most of the semester. Kailey says that Second year is pretty awesome... You get to do alot more practical magic and less theory. Beauxbatons seems really big on theory." she added the last part slightly annoyed at the schools system, she smiled at him and said "Hmmm... I wonder who you're going to get to do that!" and tried to hold a straight face, but about two seconds later she started cracking up. I need to get better at that. she thought

"Far from it," Angus muttered, shaking his head, trying not to think about Antoinette, horrid person that she was. "Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I went with Bianca, from Hufflepuff, and then she acted like we were in a relationship, when I was just asking her as a friend..." Angus snorted with laughter at the memory. "A fight that knocked down the food table? Aw, no! That would've really sucked! All that food, gone to waste!" He laughed at the very thought of it. "Yeah, Violet said it's pretty cool. Charms this year sounds really interesting," he muttered, thoughtfully. "Ooh, big on theory. Now that would suck. Glad you could escape that, then." As Luna burst out laughing, Angus couldn't help himself. "I don't know..." he snorted. "Haven't the faintest idea!"

"Bianca..." Luna said quietly trying to grasp a memory of the girl after a few seconds of this she gave up "The name doesn't ring a bell... I suppose I'll get to know her this year if shes still here. But wow... That must have been awkward for both of you." she said remembering a slightly similar event happening between her and her friend Robert. "I remember Kailey said her date took it pretty badly, whining about not getting any pie for the rest of the night! He even went as far as to put a bit in the school newspaper about it." she exclaimed, the absurdity at the idea of pouting over lost pie in the newspaper showing in her voice Whining over pie... no wonder him and her never went any farther. "I would have went out of my mind if I had nothing but theory for another year! Also, if you don't get anyone situated in that seating arrangement...I MIGHT be able to pencil you in." she added the last sentence coming out half way in laughter. She was obviously joking around with him, she liked this... It was almost if she hadn't left at all.

Angus shrugged. "She's odd. Doesn't matter. Hufflepuffs aren't nearly as cool as Slytherins and Ravenclaws." He grinned. Unlike Violet, Angus was a little bit more interested in house stereotypes. "Wow, her date sounds like a real idiot. He put it in the newspaper? What class," Angus muttered, sarcastically. "I hope your sister doesn't like him still. He doesn't seem like a particuarly great guy." He grinned at Luna. "Well, I hope you can," he laughed. "There's too much drama between all the Slytherins," he added, raising an eyebrow.

Luna snickered "Ravenclaws for the win! Slytherins... Maybe" she added before laughing "But really, Slytherin seems like an alright house too." she said wanting to see his reaction, a joking glint in her eye. "Thats what I said when she told me, I honestly don't see how the fool got into Ravenclaw... No she doesn't like him anymore, she was actually in a serious relationship with another guy for most of last year." she responded, wondering what exactly her sister saw in the pie guy. "Slytherin drama? That sounds interesting. Well, as interesting as gossip can sound without being catty." she added the part onto the end, she knew alot of girls at Beauxbatons who had been extreme b!tches. From the way he reacted to his cousin, she had probably been one of them.

Angus gaped, jokingly offended. "What are you talking about? We're awesome!" he exclaimed, with a laugh. "I'm pretty sure if I wasn't in Slytherin, I would've been in Ravenclaw. The hat said I wasn't smart enough, though," he explained, smirking. "Maybe the hat was having an off moment when it put that guy in Ravenclaw? Or maybe he's smart, but has no social skills at all?" Angus mused. He'd been brought up well by his aunt and uncle - he knew how to behave around girls, especially. "I completely lost track of everything but it's like they're all dating each other," he laughed, scratching the back of his head in slight confusion. "I can't keep up with gossip," he explained.

"You wish!" she exclaimed laughing "I honestly don't know where I would have been if not Ravenclaw... The hat wasn't on my head for even two seconds before sorting me... I had actually thought I was going to be put in Hufflepuff! But now that I think back, I realize I'm not nice enough for hufflepuff." Luna responded "Smart with no social skills, that sounds about right to me." she agreed "Do you think their putting Amortmencia in the pumpkin Juice or something?" she joked "Gossip... I can keep up with it, and most of the time I do listen just to see what things people think up, But I usually don't believe or repeat it..." she said

Angus shrugged. "Eh, doesn't matter. We are where we are, and that can't be changed. I guess it probably doesn't mean that much when you're out of school. Unless you're a Slytherin who becomes a Death Eater or something. But really, do you think I'd become a Death Eater? The next Dark Lord?" he asked, jokingly, stepping back with his arms thrown open so Luna could scrutinize him. Angus knew he was soft-hearted for a Slytherin. Probably one of the nicer Slytherins out there, his mother and older sister had agreed. "Amort-what now?" Angus asked, confused. Yeah, I think Slytherin was right in the end, he thought, amused. "Gossip can be quite funny sometimes, but also quite mean. I don't like it that much. Though some things you hear are quite amusing," he said, thinking of how Isabella was insisting that the Care of Magical Creatures Professor was a Death Eater. If anyone was an undercover Death Eater, Angus suspected, it would be Professor Styx, the Herbology Professor.

"Thats true... and somehow, I just don't see you becoming a death eater." Luna responded smiling at him, "and thats a good thing." she added I really don't know how he got put into Slytherin... He seems too nice, but the again... Not all the slytherins had to be mean. she thought silently scolding herself for the Slytherin stereotype. She couldn't help but let out a light chuckle upon his confusion as to Amortmencia. "Thats what I get for reading my moms old advanced Potions textbooks... Amortmencia is the worlds strongest love potion... It can't actually make you love someone but the amount of infatuation it can make you feel is scary. I've seen it in action... I may not be able to brew a decent potion to save my life but I've read enough to know what alot of potions do." she said remembering the fiasco that had happened last year.

Angus snorted with laughter. "Oh wow. I'm so going to have to try brewing that one day. Except I hope I never have to drink it. I'm keeping an eye on my pumpkin juice. I mean, I know all the girls would be slipping it in to my drinks if they could..." he said, trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably. "I think it's cool that you've been reading your mum's advanced Potions textbooks. Potions is an awesome class! Please tell me it's one of your favourites?" he asked. Sadly, Ravenclaw and Slytherin didn't have Potions together, but from what Violet had told him, he knew that 3rd year classes were all the houses together. That'll be awesome, he thought. Having friends in every house kind of sucked when classes were split up.

" If I tried to brew it, the school probably wouldn't have a potions dungeon anymore!" Luna exclaimed before saying "So you're the mister 'Girls want me Guys want to be me' around here then?" she asked before laughing "I read all of my moms old textbooks, But I only remember bits and pieces from each of them. I like reading about potions, but actually doing them seems to be extremely difficult for me... So it's about half and half for me... I love reading the potions and their affects, but dread doing them because I cant get a hang of the practical aspects of it. I really loved the flying lessons I took last year, I love to fly... Did you like flying? Or did they even offer it here?" she inquired curiously

"But the best thing is, you're a sweet and innocent Ravenclaw, so they wouldn't suspect you," Angus laughed, grinning at Luna. "And oh, no, goodness, no. Far from it. I'm not nearly that conceited...well maybe just a bit," he explained, laughing. "Well, potions is one of my favourite classes, possibly my best, so if you ever need any help with potions brewing, I'd be more than happy to help you out," he offered, kindly. "Flying, on the other hand, was definately my worst class. We had it in first semester," he explained, looking a little pained. "I, um...can't fly. I'm kinda scared of heights," he admitted, gazing at his shoes so Luna wouldn't see his embarassment - or he wouldn't see her laughing at him, which he suspected she would.

"Yes, being sorted into any house but Slytherin gives a person a bit of advantage on the suspicion scale. As long as they acted the part." Luna replied a slight mischievous glint in her eyes worthy of a Slytherin. "Thanks, I definitely need help with my brewing... Though I've been practicing by making soups over the summer. It's not really exactly like Potion making but it will definitely help I hope." she said averting her eyes downward for a few seconds ashamed to admit that little fact. "You're afraid of heights?" she parroted "Thats definitely something I can't relate to... Alot of people are afraid of heights, But after being practically forced to jump off of a 100 foot bungee jumping tower, Heights don't get to me much. Well, Forced wouldn't be the right word for it, more like I forced myself to... If that makes any sense." she said quickly cutting herself off as she realized she was rambling. "I'd be happy to help you with maybe being more comfortable flying if you want me to." she said hoping he wouldn't think she meant it as if she was mentally laughing at him.

"My grandfather was a Slytherin. You wouldn't suspect him of anything now, except perhaps corruption..." Angus muttered. A Slytherin had actually made Minister of Magic, that was impressive. "Well, shall we make a deal then? I'll help you with potions, if you help me with my flying. As long as you promise not to laugh at me. I'm not that good on a broomstick...although I tried and tried last year..." he explained, sheepishly. "So yeah. Deal?" he asked, holding a hand out for Luna to shake, a kind smile on his face.

"I meant like, when you're a student." Luna clarified softly, "I probably should've worded that better." she added She smiled once more when Angus brought up a reasonable deal."Don't worried, I gave potion making many tries too... Beauxbatons was big on theory, but the potions professor was awesome and would take time to supervise small groups of students who needed practice with brewing potions...It just never really clicked with me." she said also a bit sheepish "Having a friend who is good at your weakest subject is definitely a good thing. Deal." she replied shaking Angus's hand

"Awesome!" Angus exclaimed, happily. "Well, by the time I'm through with you, Miss Paramore, you'll be the best potion maker in 2nd year. Well, behind myself of course. I just wish we could be in the same potions class this year, then I could help you properly," he added, sadly. "Oh well, we get all our classes together in third year. The Potions professor sounds great! I've heard the Charms professor at Beauxbatons is a bit of a 'charmer'...because my cousin has this huge crush on him," he laughed.

"and you, Mr. Greenwood will be a quidditch player quality flyer when I'm done with you!" she exclaimed hoping she could get him to be comfortable with, if not enjoy flying. She needed someone to fly with on the pitch when she got an adequate broom after all! "The charms professor, sure he's a catch if you're going for looks alone. But the guys extremely conceited! Or at least he seems to be, He's good at teaching the subject attitude aside. Your cousin sounds a bit like my sisters friend Antionette... Oh I can't stand that girl and I don't see how Trista's friends with her, Shes changing her and I hate it." she said turning a bit red and looking down as she realized she had just told what she had been thinking for about a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back