OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Alexis
Xavier was enjoying Hogwarts so far. He'd met a few people in his year, but he hadn't spoken to any of them for a while. He kind of missed talking to people. He was partly to blame for that. Deciding he wanted a break from being inside, the Hufflepuff pushed his glasses further up his nose as he headed out of the castle and arrived to the courtyard. He couldn't remember ever being here - he'd seen it before, from higher floors, but he'd never been down here himself. It was refreshing. He spotted a tree that wasn't occupied and he sat down under it in the shade. Xavier being Xavier, however, he got bored pretty soon after he sat down, so he got up again and squinted up, trying to determine how far up the tree he could go. The boy couldn't necessarily see the end of it, and that made it more fun for him. More exciting. So, without another thought that could make him chicken out as usual when he overthought things, he began to climb.
<i></i>

Mhairi had done well so far, all things considered. She'd told Lina time and time again that she didn't need her help, and she was finally proving her sister right. It was refreshing, being at Hogwarts. It was like a whole new world she would have only ever seen in her dreams, and she was always so grateful that the opportunity to attend had fallen on her family. Mhairi was dressed in her dark yellow dress and knitted cardigan, as she stepped out the castle and felt the warmth of the sun flush across her skin. Swinging her arms as she walked, she observed those who went about their business, but frowned as she spotted one of her own housemates clambering at the side of the tree. Mhairi found herself running over to the site, lifting a hand to her brow to shield the rays from her eyes as she looked to see what he was doing. She'd not met the boy before, not properly, but she was always fascinated with those who tried to take things a step further than most.

Nixon was pleased to have some free time that day, and decided to send an owl to his parents about his homecoming before walking back to the castle with a smile on his face. On his way back to the Hufflepuff common room he decided to take the scenic route, finding himself walking through the courtyard in time to see two people he recognized from classes and his house near one of the trees. From a distance, Nixon thought the person climbing was one of his dorm mates, though he wasn't sure if he was recognizing the boy properly. When his curiosity eventually got the better of him and he approached the pair, Nixon realized he had been right and the boy climbing was indeed Xavier. Another first year Hufflepuff that Nixon knew the name of but was yet to have a conversation with that lasted more than a few words.

Nixon paused his steps when he was next to the girl. "Hey guys!" He greeted. He then asked the girl, "What's he climbing the tree for?" while nodding in the direction of the tree, assuming the two were friends and the girl would know the reason Xavier was climbing, if there was a reason at all. The other Hufflepuff might have simply been climbing for the sake of climbing but that was what Nixon was curious to find out.​

Jocelynn was walking around the castle exploring the sights and happened to be going through the courtyard and heard her friend's voice talking to someone. Curious to see what was going on with Nixon she headed over to the boy and found him watching another boy climb up a tree with a girl. "Oh cool! I hadn't thought to climb the trees here!" She said excitedly giving Nixon a side hug as a greeting. It made her wonder how his friendship with her owl was going as they hadn't talked about Piggy in awhile. She looked up at the boy climbing the tree recognizing him from her classes with Hufflepuff. She knew he wasn't a Gryffindor like herself, which would mean he was in the same house as Nixon, same with the girl. She hadn't really talked to other Hufflepuffs yet but she did enjoy Nixon so she was excited to meet these other two. "Hi up there! And down here! I'm Jocelynn, a Gryffindor. Are we taking turns climbing the tree or could I join you in trying to conquer the tree?" She asked calling up to the boy in the tree but also greeting the girl that was standing with Nixon.

With the fine weather outside, Alexis grabbed the opportunity to wander around the castle ground sans the forest. She hadn't been to the courtyard so she made her way there. She was amazed at the wonderful place and the cool breeze it brought. She noticed voices which made her turn around until her eyes landed on three students. Four, if you counted the one on the tree. She walked toward them when she saw Nixon Mercury. She smiled at this since this meant that the others were in the same year as her. As she got closer, she spotted Xavier on the tree and Jocelyn next to Nixon. She also knew Mhairi but just by name. "Hey, guys. What are we up to today?Climbing trees?", she asked with a bright smile while looking up at Xavier on the tree. She was actually bored and was glad to go out and came across her fellow first years.

Xavier was still on his mission of climbing the tree until he could reach the top, though he stopped for a moment to catch his breath, and in those few minutes he heard voices from below him, he didn't suspect they were talking to him or about him, but then a girl's voice addressed him so when he decided that he was high enough, he tested the branches around him to find the most steady one and sat down on it, careful not to lose his balance. Finally, the boy glanced down and grinned at his classmates, two hufflepuffs, one of them being his dorm mate Nixon, and two other girls. "Hey guys," he waved from up the tree. "Nice to meet you Jocelynn, I'm Xavier and in Hufflepuff. Yeah, you can join me, there's plenty of space," he added, gesturing around him. It was a fairly big tree. "All of you can come up here if you want." He hoped his offer would encourage them to climb it, because Xavier really disliked having to talk to people from this far up. He didn't like to shout his conversation.
<i></i>

Jocelynn hardly waited for the boy in the tree to finish his invite before jumping up to grab a low branch and hull herself up. She hadn't climbed trees since she was back home during last winter, now the summer months were arriving she thought it was a great idea to climb the tress on the school grounds. Hardly weighing a thing Jocelynn didn't fear any of the branches breaking on herself as she tried to catch up with the boy high up in the tree. His name was Xavier which she thought was a rather interesting name she hadn't heard before. But for now she was too busy trying to catch up to him that she didn't say anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back