Reading THE Book

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked towards the lake reading and rereading the cover of the book her uncle had given her, she felt as if she had worn it out already from her constant perusal of it.
'Werewolf and Wizard, an account of the life of Remus Lupin by Theodore Lupin'

She slowed her pace and decided to walk around the lake today instead of just sitting down by it. She wouldn't go the whole way of course, just part and walk back again but she loved to read and walk especially when the book was fascinating. Andromeda felt as if she related so much to Remus Lupin. He had been about her age when he had been bitten but unlike her the wolfsbane potion was non existent at the time and how he suffered because of it.

She was happy he could find love and had a family but could understand his feelings of fear that his child would suffer with his infliction. Andromeda knew she was only 11yrs old and certainly the very thought of motherhood had never crossed her mind. She let it briefly now in light of what she knew of Remus Lupin and knew she could never have a child. Being a male werewolf was one thing you didn't have to carry the child inside you but being a female werewolf was quite another.

Andromeda sighed and opened the book again at the very beginning, she wanted to make sure that she didn't miss any little detail. She needed to know it all.

Kailey had been running a few laps around the lake in an attempt to burn off some of her huge breakfast when she saw Andy reading. She didn't know if she should disturb her but she was getting tired so she ran over to Andy. "Hey Andy, What are you reading?" she inquired "Is it okay if I sit here?" she asked nodding towards the ground near Andy. " If not I'll leave it doesn't matter to me."

Ana-Cole was walking around the lake as she normally did to clear her head. Ana-Cole saw Kaliey and Andy. Andy seemed to be reading a book. Ana-Cole wondered her way over to them "Hello" She said smiling at both of them "How are you two doing today?" Ana-Cole said.

Andy smiled at Kailey but wasn't fast enough to conceal the book in time.
"Sure join me" she smiled and sat down near where Kailey had.
"I didn't know you ran, maybe we should go running together some time" Andromeda coudn't remember the last time she had gone for a decent run but she knew it was long overdue.
"I .. ehm found it in the library. It's really interesting it's about Remus Lupin. They''ve gotten in a book about Dumbledore as well so I might get that one out next".

Andromeda hated lying to her friend, her uncle had given her the library book but she couldn't really say that without her friend wanting to know why.
Andy looked up as another friendly face appeared.
"Hey Ana-Cole. good all good and you?"

"I'm Good" Ana-Cole said looking at the book. "Can I see the book?" Ana-Cole said looking towards the book. She had only heard a little bit about Remus Lupin and the book looked a little bit interesting.

Andromeda passed the book to her and felt as if her life line had been snapped.
"It's written by his son Teddy" she told her, "It tells everything about his life, from when he was very young and got bitten right up to when he was killed. It's very sad of course but he led a fascinating life even though he never thought so himself".

Vydráel had stepped out of the castle and had to shield his eyes from the sun. As his focus readjusted, he noticed some people talking and thought he might have a look if he knew any of them. When he had gotten closer, he saw Andromeda, Ana-Cole and Kailey sitting together. "Hey girls!" he shouted. "Room for one more!?"

Ana-Cole took the book from Andy. She looked at the cover and flipped through the pages. Ana-Cole listened to Andy tell about the book. "It does sound good. I feel bad for Remus" Ana-Cole said frowning slightly. "But he did live an almost normal life right?" Ana-Cole asked. "I don't know much about him or werewolves as a matter of fact" She continued flipping through the book once more before handing it back to Andy.

"Oh hello Vydráel" Ana-Cole said as she noticed him come out towards them "I suppose there is enough room" She said smiling

Vydráel walked a little slowly towards them, giving them the chance to turn him back if they wanted. He nodded to them all with a small smile. "If you're all sure it's ok..?"

"of coarse it is ok" Ana-Cole said reassuring her answer. She looked out at the lake for a slight moment. The lake was her favorite spot in the whole school but she knew that she only liked the view when she was accompied with friends. That is way the upcoming holiday would not be as an excitment as Ana-Cole hoped.

She would probably be spending the days outside staring at the lake no matter how hot or cold it would be. Ana-Cole looked back up to Andy, Kailey, and Vydráel.

"I go every Brightstone weekend. Even if I don't but anything a change of scenery is always nice." Kaiey answered

[If it's okay, Lets just pretend kailey greeted you guys and everything. I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment.]

Kailey chuckled "Shopping always makes the trips better I do admit." she said

"I'm gonna go" Ana-Cole said coming out a of a small daze. "I am hoping to buy something even something little just for the heck of it" Ana-Cole said with a smile.

"The scenery's nice too." Kailey said agreeing with Vydrael.

(I cant make the little accent thing over the A!)

[[lol I never bother Kailey that's why I call him Drae. :)]]

"would you believe I don't ever take too much notice of the scenery when i go there, it's just shop windows or the inside of shops" Andy smiled.

Kailey chuckled "I do an even mix of both." she said

Vydráel smiled. "The weather here may be biting cold at times, but i love the scenery. I haven't been this far north either, so things are different." He enjoyed some of the shops but not all of them. The muggle store was the more familiar.

(to get the á just hold alt then press the numbers 160)

"So what are you all up to for the holidays? Are you going home?" Andromeda asked looking at each of them. She had yet to hear from her mother what she intended Andy to do for the holidays. Truth be told Andy was anxious about it, she didn't know if she wanted to go back to The Gables or back home to Ireland either.

Ana-Cole listened to the group zoning out once again listening just barely. Ana-Cole seemed to come back into the real world when she heard Andy question. "I think I am going to stay at the school. There is no need to go home" Ana-Cole said staring back over the lake not waiting to even think about home, family, her parents or anything along those lines. Even after all this time she had bitter feelings.

"Well, I've already gotten a letter from Trista saying if I don't come home for christmas willingly she'll come here and drag me home." Kailey said "So I'll go to visit her, Luna, and Mom."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back