Reading silently

Nessie Wolfe

Nessie was at the library reading her new book, A series of unfortunate event book 5. She was at the middle of the book shelves where she saw a table and chair facing the window. Nessie took a sit and started to read her book, she was doing rocking chair onto her chair while reading it keep her doing something plus reading.

Jacob was finished with his week's homeworks.It was an occasion of partying but it felt too peaceful in the Library to leave.He decided to do some extra reading even though he felt like his brain would rot.

He took up a Gilderoy Lockhart book called Gadding with Ghouls.He knew very well that the things written in this book were not acutally done by him and that he had taken credit for waht other wizards had done,however he liked reading Gilderoy Lockhart's books because they made him laugh.Gilderoy Lockhart was so self obsessed that it showed very clearly in his writing and the way he totally went of out the point telling the readers about his favourites and all was very funny.

He took a seat opposite to a young girl who was a pronbably a first year,Hufflepuff."Hello there."he greeted her in a low voice.Even if it was the Library,it would look mean if you didn't greet someone whom you sat opposite to.

Nessie was still rocking her chair, her right feet on the leg of the table to push her. When someone she didn't noticed greeted her and sat across from her, Nessie accidentally push harder her feet and her chair off balance. Making her fell to the floor, "Oww..." Nessie tried to say in her low voice. "Why do you have to scare me like that?" She said still in her low but cute voice.

She stood up not waiting for the boys help, Nessie then took the fallen chair up and sat again. Nessie shouldn't do that again, lucky her head wasn't hurt.

Jacob was surprised to see that he had startled the girl.He stood up to help her but she had already picked her self up so he sat back down.It would have been really embarrassing for him to fall over in his chair.

"Oh!I'm sorry I didn't mean to."he said quickly.He wasn't sure if the girl was alringt."Are you alringht?"he asked.

The boy apologize, "Its, okay. I didn't break any bones." Nessie said thinking if her bones break, then she'll had brake this boy's nose. Nessie went back on her book and didn't do the rocking chair anymore, she might fall again and this time she'll be in the hospital wing. "Don't ever scare me like that." She said, threatening.

"It's not my hobby to scare people,you know."he said with a grin.The girl was a first year but she had some attitude.He didn't exactly know if the girl was friendly or not and it was hard to judge her."By the way,I'm Jacob."he told her opening his own book and waiting for her answer.

Nessie pursed her lips and went back from reading her book, she then heard the boy introduce himself as Jacob. Nessie went up to look at him and smile, "I'm Nessie." She said and went back her eyes on the book. She read silently, taking glances every minute to Jacob.

"Hmm....nice name."he commented with a smile.Nessie was a very sweet name and he had only heard of it as a nick name."It's good to see that first years are taking interest in some extra studies."he said with a grin.In his first year he hardly ever came to the Library.

"I'm not studying." She said looking fully at Jacob and raising her left eyebrow. Nessie raised her book, the front cover on the front facing Jacob. "Its a story book but lack or pictures." She placed her book back on the table again, wide open. "So, is this your first time to go here? Because i love the library." Nessie exclaimed.

"Oh...That might be intresting."he said looking at the book."Or it might not be."he said with a sigh.He was not a book worm but like a little bit of light reading."Not the first time but I don't come here often.Quiteness is depressing."he stated with a grin.He didn't really like the muffled silence.

"Depressing?... That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard." Nessie frowned looking at Jacob, "Everyone loves the library... Maybe your just lazy." She said hissing the last word which means she doesn't like lazy people. Nessie went back to reading her book.

"You can't say that everyone loves the library because I am sure you haven't asked them personally on their opinion."he said with a grin.This girl sounded more and more like a book worm."Well I am lazy if being active is sitting all day in the library."

"My whole family loves libraries, we have a library back at home." She said closing her book because annoying this boy is fun. "Tell me... did you ever read the books in the library?" Nessie asked frowning, she really doesn't like people who just sleep at the library.

"So that explains another family line of nerds."he muttered under his breath so low that Nessie had no chance of listening.He looked up at her.If he had seen her else where he wouldn't have been able to tell if she was a bookworm or not.She didn't look like one.Infact she was pretty.No one could tell from one look if she read a lot or not.

"Well I have read a few books in the library but mostly because I have to.For completing my homework and doing some research for exams."he told Nessie."Otherwise I come up here when there is too much noise in the common room to take a nap."he grinned.

Liby wandered into the library. She had been away again, and had finlly had the chance to see her sister for the first time, the only problem was, she had yet again had to leave without notice to her friends. She saw Jacob, talking to one of her fellow huffplepuffs and sighed, leaning against a bookshelf. She heard something in her ear, telling her get off it. Suprized she turned to find an angry face on the front of a book. Giving it a slight glare, she began to wander over, wondering if it was the right thing to do.

Jacob heard movement behind him but it was barely audible and for a second he thought he had imagined it.The Library had a very muffled environment and it sometimes played tricks on you.However he he heard a noise like someone was taking a book of a shelf.

They were probably just doing something that was none of his business but if they were eavesdropping he wouldn't like it."Whose there?"he asked in a slightly raised voice.He raised his wand and said "Accio book!"pointing directly at a fat addition which flew right at him.He caught it and saw through the gap in the shelf that it was Libby."Oh hi!"he said surprised.

Libby gave a small smile as Jacob found it was her. It seemed he had company. "Jake, erm, can i?" She wanted to talk privatly for a moment, but wasn't sure how to asked so beggond him instead. "Sorry.." She said to Nessie.

"Yeah sure."Jake said without even looking at Nessie to see if she minded or not.He stood up from his chair and walked towards Libby."You have no idea how much I missed you."he told her in a low whisper so Nessie couldn't hear.

Libby smiled, she didn't want to be pulled in. "Same. But listen, Darren's back" she said, not looking him in the eye. She couldn't remember if he knew about their history or not. She looked up and gave a worried look to him. "I don't know what to do now." she said.

Jacob's eyes widened and his smile faded just a bit."You mean Darren Gillan?"he asked her.Jacob knew that Liberty had been dating him before he met her.He had seen them together once.Jacob didn't know how close they really were but he wasn't going to be beaten by any Hufflepuff-pretty boy.

"Well you can always tell him that you have moved on.It's his fault he's lost his girlfriend."he said in fake amused tone to hide the bitterness behind it.Jake didn't know why Libby was asking him this.He hoped she wasn't thinking of going back to Darren.

Libby looked up at Jacob with her green eyes. She sighed, "It, it wasn't his fault. We've been friends since before we'd even started here." she said. She had no intention of hurting him, but how else was she meant to tell him.

"I'm sorry. He's been away for the last year or so, i can't just abandon him anyway. Yeah, i move on, but with my friends" she looked him straight in the eye. Surely he should be able to see her point?

"Are you breaking up with me Liberty Barnett?"he asked in a bitter tone his gaze turned fierce."For someone who left you without notice?"he said raising his left eye-brow.

Jacob felt angry at himself for thinking that Liberty was the kind of girl who could stay in a relationship for a long time.He was wrong.As soon as this Darren person had come back she had run to him.

Libby raised her eyebrows. "That's smart, coming from someone who's been flirting with other people anyway. And it wasn't his fault. I don't break friends, it's the other persons choice. I told you i was sorry, and i am. I never thought he would be back! But how would you like it if you were in that situation? Or mine prehaps? You never even try to spend time with me, so what's there to break anyway." Libby tried to keep her voice down.

Libby sighed, glancing over his shoulder."Nessie will be waiting for you. It's up to you if you want to stay friends." she put her hand on his shoulder, before keeping her head low and wandering back out of the library. She felt awful but she knew she had to.

"Flirting?"Jacob asked her with one raised eyebrow,"It's your problem if you can't tell the difference between socializing and flirting,Liberty."he said coldly trying hard to keep his voice low.What Liberty said next was true and it stung but Jacob wasn't going to admit it,"I'd rather be seen with a Gryffindor than a Hufflepuff."he said his voice full of acid.

"To hell with Nessie!"he said angrily."There's no point in staying friends."he told her shorty.He watched her walk out of the library and after a few minutes he left without even glancing at Nessie.

She ignored Jacobs shouts as she was leaving, so what if he couldn't handle it. She knew she was doing the right thing. She was a hufflepuff, a proud hufflepuff, and no ignorant little slytherin wannabe would be about to tell her she was bad. She stalked off without another word, heading for the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back