Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Sia) (Bisexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Finally getting to take electives meant a big stack of new schoolbooks, and there was nothing October liked better. A day so sunny was rare for September, and October had no intention of wasting it, despite the nippy winter chill still hanging in the air. She bundled up in a few thick layers and headed outside to the rose garden. Even if it was too early in the year for them to be in bloom, it was still a lovely area, and the cool air was refreshing.

Making her way through the roses, October quickly found a bench that seemed exactly perfect. Positioned just so that if she felt like taking a break, October could look out over the whole school grounds and just enjoy the view. Perfect. Settling in, October set her small stack of books next to her and opened her notebook, just in case anything caught her eye to come back to. Picking up the first book off the stack, October leaned back and let out a contented sigh, relaxing back in her seat. Finally, after all the stress back home, a moment of peace.

Jessica had returned to Hogwarts with what had become the usual set jaw and resentful attitude, but once she had been on the school grounds for a while she hadn't allowed the look to stay. She wanted others to know her as a friendly and positive person, and letting that image slip for even a moment might chase away any number of the friends she had actually made in this place. People were drawn to charming, likeable people, and those they had things in common with - and so far Jessica was definitely the person most dismissive of magic out of anyone she'd met. She felt like she was good at hiding it, but training herself into returning to do that also made her want to scream sometimes. Not that she'd ever scream out loud, of course, that was just about as bad if not a worse way to act in front of people.

Basically, it all meant she had to get away for an hour or so, and with the possibility of running into someone inside the castle much more likely, Jessica had decided to head out into the grounds. She didn't really have a plan in mind, she just needed somewhere to let her face rest without the risk of being seen, and her feet soon led her towards one of the garden areas. It had clearly been subconscious, as there were no roses to be seen yet, but for a little while Jessica was content just wandering and picturing the future blooms in her mind. Until she came across a bench with someone she recognised sitting on it. For a second she froze as she stared at October, her whole reason for being out here seemingly thwarted, but just as quickly she relaxed and pulled a smile back across her face. She liked the older girl, and definitely felt more normal around her as well, so seeing her sitting on her own like this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Walking closer, she could see October was clearly busy with her school work, but Jessica was sure she'd be able to approach the other girl without that causing too much of a problem. "Hello, October!" she called as she approached, making sure the other girl could easily spot her, rather than sneaking up in the corner of her eye. "I didn't think anyone else would be out here in the cold today, but I'm so glad - oh," she stopped herself abruptly, pretending to notice October's books for the first time. "I've interrupted you again, haven't I?" Frowning slightly, she gave the older girl an apologetic look.

It didn't take long for October to get completely lost in the book she was reading, turning the pages with one hand and scratching notes in the notebook on her lap in the other. Although the amount of coursework third year brought was a bit staggering, it was all so interesting, and it was so easy to just read and note and get swept away in the thrill of what she was learning. Finally, for the first time since these horrible, horrible holidays October felt comfortable, felt relaxed, and like herself.

She was so absorbed in her work that it took a long moment for October's own name to reach her, startling the girl somewhat. She lowered her book at once, smiling when she saw Jessica. Unexpected, but pleasant. "Oh! Hi Jessica!" She said happily, shifting the pile of books so Jessica could sit next to her. "No, I'm just reading ahead before class, it's totally fine!" The reading had been interesting, sure, but it could wait. Jessica had been one of the few people October had met at Hogwarts that she really wanted to connect with, she was interesting and fun to talk to. "How was your holiday?"

Jessica was pleased to see October make room for her on the bench, and sat down in a way that left her slightly angled towards the other girl. "Are you sure? You know, I really admire how dedicated you are to your studies, even with how naturally smart you are." Jessica smiled at the older girl. "I wish I was more like that, but I don't seem to have the determination you do." This was untrue - it was more that she didn't have the inclination to do well in most subjects, but it was enough of a truth for her to not feel guilty building up October in such a way. It seemed the other girl liked her, and Jessica wanted to keep it that way. "My holidays were good, thanks. It's always nice to be back where things make sense, and adults don't make questionable safety decisions." Jessica said the last bit jokingly, but underneath that sentiment she absolutely meant it. "What about you? I hope you enjoyed your holidays - did you get a chance to do anything fun with ballet, or something?" She was actually slightly curious to know what October did when there was no classes to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back