Reading for the club

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda went into the library with her book tucked under her arm, she walked directly down the aisle marked potions and continued down passed the aisle for Herbology until she came to the spot she had been looking for. All alone sequestered in the back of the library was a dusty old bean bad. Andromeda had seen it there before and had decided she would put it to good use someday. Today was that day. She shook it out, watching the dust fly. When she thought it was relatively safe and hygenic, she sat down.

Snuggling deep into it's folds, she opened up her book for the reading club, "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer and began. She was quickly hooked and utterly absorbed. Slowly biting the inside of her jumper every time she read about Edward, her heart lurched and she sighed. He made have been an anti-hero but he was so perfect in his imperfectness, she thought.

Andromeda continued reading, not paying attention to the time or anyone about her.

Kiera walked into the library. She was wanting to look something up...Then she saw Andy. Kiera had been wanting to talk to the younger girl privately about the mark on Andy's shoulder. Kiera smiled as she walked over to the girl. "Boo!" Kiera said with a laugh. "What are you up to Andy?" she asked.

Andromeda had been so engrossed that she had barely registered someone approaching until a voice spoke and jerked her back to reality.
"Kiera! Hi" she smiled at her, she held up the cover of the book to show her,"Just reading for the book club. It's really good, all about vampires and love! If you can imagine the two together! How are you?"

Kiera grinned and sat down next to Andy. "Actually I can. I've read that book so many times. I grew up in the muggle world after all. All of those books are amazing." she said happily. "I am doing fine. The better question is how are you?" she inquired.

"I grew up there too but I never came across these. I would have thought my cousins would have because they are mad into these type of books but obviously it escaped their eyes but then again they are fairly old aren't they, at least 13 years old" she smiled closing her book but keeping her page marked as Kiera sat beside her.
"I'm good doing much better" she knew Kiera was refering to the morning she had come back from the cavern when she had been in terrible shape. Kiera had seen the large bite on her shoulder but had played it down as Amy and Harri had been in the room as well. Andromeda knew it was only a matter of time before Kiera would seek her out. She hated having to lie to her but for now she had to. She knew some day she would eventually have the courage to tell her but that day just wasn't today.

"Yes they are rather old." Kiera said in agreement. "Im glad to hear your feeling better." she said with a smile. She couldnt just dismiss the large scar on Andy's shoulder."Andy, when you were changing I saw a rather large and strange scar on your shoulder. It didnt look too old." She stated. Kiera watched Andy's face to see what she might give away.

Andromeda had been prepared for this eventuality, she still didn't like it one bit. Her uncle had helped her practise what she would say in the event anyone did see it, the excuse though lame was still plausible and the only one she had.
"Yeah, it's possibly why I don't feel too good every now and then but my uncle is treating it" she told her, "I was wondering in the woods the end of October and got attacked by a feral dog. It fairly stuck it's teeth in alright but wouldn't let go no matter how I screamed. It kept just shredding and tearing at it. Professor Rambolt heard me scream and dealt with the dog. So it won't hurt any more students. It was just a wild thing that's all it didn't mean to do it. She rushed me up to the hospital and unfortunately whatever disease it carried rabies or something, infected me. So that the potions they gave me could cure that, but the shoulder couldn't be mended properly".

She sighed not looking at Kiera, she knew the lines seemed rehearsed and wooden but for now she couldn't tell her anything else and hoped Kiera would buy her story.

Kiera listened to Andy's story with skeptical eyes. She didnt believe it. She was no expert but that did not look like a normal dog bite. Plus Andy sounded like she was reciting a story out of a book.

Kiera looked at Andy with serious eyes very unlike her normally bright, fun eyes. She spoke slowly and clearly. If Andy didnt want to tell her Kiera would not make her. "I do not think that is what really happened. You were gone for too long. However I will not make you tell me the truth. I will forget it for now." she said.

Andromeda turned to Kiera then, her eyes were filled with complete sincerity as she placed a hand on Kiera's arm.
"I can't tell you the truth Kiera not now someday I hope I can. Please just don't mention it to anyone, please" the pleading in her voice was of a petrified child and she waited to see what her fate would be.

Kiera was hurt that Andy thought Kiera would betray her secret even when she had no idea what that secret was. Kiera would never do anything like that to her friends. She kept secrets.

Kiera looked back at Andy. "I would never tell anyone. Thats why I tried to cover for you the morning you were sick. I dont tell secrects that arent mine to tell, even if I am not sure what that secret is." she said softly to insure no one around her could hear.

Kiera frowned. She seriously doubted that anything Andy told her would cause her to stop being Andy's friend. After all Bella had shown Kiera her the dark mark on Bella's arm and that hadnt stopped Kiera. Bella had tried every trick to keep Kiera from getting to close. Of course she finally gave up on that. Andy couldnt have any secret worse than being a Death Eater.

Kiera looked into Andy's eyes. Andy was her friend and would be no matter what. Kiera shook her head. "You couldnt get rid of me even if you wanted to. Your stuck with me." Kiera said simply.

Andromeda smiled at Kiera though tears had filled up her eyes making it quite difficult to see out of. She brushed them away quickly.
"I hope so Kiera because if my secret ever got out I'd be afraid incase... what's that muggle expression, that the sh1t would really hit the fan!"
Andromeda didn't swear if she could help it but now it seemed approbriate.

Kiera was more curious than ever about what Andromeda's secret could possibly be. Still she knew she would always be Andy's friend. Kiera was concerned about Andy crying. Kiera leaded over and pulled Andy into a hug. "Its okay whatever it is. Your a little sister to me and I wouldnt let anyone hurt you." Kiera said with a smile. Her statement made her think of their little adventure in the forrest.

Andromeda allowed herself to be pulled into a hug and remembered how this wasn't the first time Kiera had comforted her. How many more times would it be necessary before Andromeda felt she could honestly trust without being afraid of the outcome. She liked hearing that she was like a sister to her and hoped that when she did tell Kiera, she would still feel the same way.
"Thank you" she said through the few tears that remained.

Kiera smiled at Andy. "No reason to thank me. I'm here for you whenever you need me. Dont worry I can wait for this big secret." she said with a wink. She was trying to make Andy feel better and hoped it would work.

Andromeda knew it was true that she would be there for her, Kiera was just that type of person. Perhaps the New Year would be easier and she wouldn't be so afraid.
"You won't have to wait too long I promise" she told her.

Andromeda shook her head.
"Nope, I'm here for the holidays. Mom has plans with her new boyfriend I think" she smiled.
Her mother had said to use this as her alibi and even though to Andromeda it sounded disloyal she had no other one to use, she couldnt very well blurt out, well actually Christmas Eve is a full moon and my home is not equipped yet to deal with my condition, therefore I must stay here!

"Are you staying here as well?" Andromeda smiled. Then momentarily remembered what she would be like Christmas morning again, if Kiera saw her return to the commonroom in that condition she would definitly want to know what was going on.

Kiera shook her head. "No I wish I was. My death eater mother is making me come see her. I am not even allowed to stay at her house." she said with a roll of her eyes. She hated the whole situation. Plus she still didnt know what to expect with Jacqueline.

Andromeda eyes popped, "Goodness Kiera I forgot sorry." she whispered it just incase anyone was listening, "It won't exactly be picture postcard Christmas scene then will it?"
She honestly didn't know what else to say at least Kiera wouldnt' be around for this full moon though, so Andromeda felt able to relax again.

Kiera rolled her eyes again. "No I am sure it wont be a picture perfect scene. I still dont know how I feel about her. She has this cruel but yet beautiful look about her but she hasnt exactly been cruel to me yet. " she confided. Kiera was nervous about going to spend the break with her mother. At least Bruin will be there for the first couple of days.. she thought.

"You are alot braver than I am, I know I wouldn't be able to go somewhere like that to someone like that even now!" Andromeda said to her, "Are you going on your own? What about your sister?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back