OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Curly 13" Rigid Alder Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Rosie had been enjoying all of the new books, all of the new things the school gave her access to, but Rosie could also admit that she was feeling a little overwhelmed with it all. it was just an awful lot of different things, different places to learn, so when her sister had declared that she was going to go to the library to do some reading Rosie had decided to go outside. She had a book with her, one of the lake life that she might find in the lakefront, she just hadn't wanted to remain indoors to read, being outside was going to be so much better. So with that in mind, she'd brought out her blanket and had a little basket of food, Rosie knew she'd be able to enjoy the outdoors for a while and just feel relaxed. She took a spot right at the lakefront. She had her hair up in a loose ponytail, letting the soft winter air of the morning flow through her. She opened her book and began reading.​

Slate wondered where @Soren Gates and @Sadie Gates were. He woke up a bit late, pretty normal for him and he was used to being woken up by his brother. He had to start learning to do some things by himself. He decided to go out of the castle after grabbing an apple from the hall. He did not see them there and thought they would be outside. The moment he stepped out of the castle, he figured he would explore the lake. A few minutes later, he had reached the lake grounds and looked for somewhere to sit until his eyes found someone near the lakefront. He slowly approached the girl and gave a small wave. "Hello.", he simply said.

Rosie hadn't gotten that far into her book, a little too distracted by the lake and the water in front of her. It seemed to be brimming with life, even from where she could see. The gryffindor was being approached by someone, a boy in her year and she looked at him as he waved and greeted her. "Hi," she replied, she could see that he'd approached her and though he hadn't said too much she moved a little on her blanket. "Do you want to sit?" she offered, in case the boy was looking to ensure that he sat in a place without running the risk of getting wet. "I'm Rosie," she introduced.

Slate was quite proud of himself to approach someone first and even said a word without stuttering. He smiled at his offer and nodded once. "I hope you don't mind.", he said apologetically, taking a seat carefully on the space closest to him. "Nice meeting you, Rosie. I'm Slate.", he introduced himself. He looked at her basket and books, looking at the latter longer than intended. He loved books. "Are you waiting for someone?", he inquired, seeing as she had food prepared.

Rosie shook her head, "Course not," she was quick to assure him. She of course wouldn't mind, she was always happy to meet people and get to know them. "You too Slate," she said before shaking her head, "No, just didn't want to be indoors today," she told him honestly. Since that was the crux of it for her today. "Sometimes you need fresh air. What are you doing today Slate?" she asked, since perhaps he'd had plans or come outside for a reason of his own.

Slate nodded, smiling again as he crossed his legs. He must admit the lake was beautiful. It was so serene and peaceful. Rosie was right, outdoors were better than indoors on days like this. "I've just finished a book so I thought a walk outside would be the next best thing to do.", he replied. "I could not find my siblings too.", he added softly.

Rosie smiled, "Nice, what book did you finish?" She asked him with a little curious expression, she wasn't as obsessed with reading as her brother or twin sister but she was a little curious. She could also admit that taking a walk after a book was good. "Do you want some help trying to find them?" she had planned to stay there a while, but if this boy needed help finding his siblings she would absolutely help.

Slate smiled a bit shyly before he answered. "History of Magic? I got this tattered book from our inn's manager and tutor. Been reading it all break before I came here.", he explained to her classmate. At Rosie's offer, he smiled. "You're in Gryffindor, right? You might know them. Soren and Sadie. They're my siblings.", he said, glancing at her. "No need to find them. Found them.", he chuckled a bit. He pointed to two figures kicking a ball a few meters away from where they were.

Rosie nodded as he began explaining what book he'd been reading. She was rather surprised of where he'd gotten it from. "That's cool, if you take it to the library, I'm sure my dad could fix it up," she told him. Rosie wasn't sure if her dad could restore books, but she imagined that he could, that had to be something someone learned while working in the library. "Yeah, I am," she responded proudly to him guess her house. "Oh I've met Sadie, my sister's met Soren," she was able to glance to where he was pointing and smiled. "Do you want to join them?" Rosie wouldn't be offended if he did.

Slate was surprised to hear that Rosie's dad was in the school as part of the staff. "Your dad works here? Wow, that's cool!", he said. The only family he had in school right now were his siblings but they were in another house. He nodded, pleased that Rosie and her sister met his siblings. "I'm all good here, that is if you don't mind. I'm not really into soccer unlike them. I just keep score.", he admitted sheepishly. "You have a twin?", he asked, figuring it out since Rosie was a first-year like him and his sister met Soren.

Rosie nodded her head excitedly. "Yeah! He works in the library," Rosie told him proudly. She loved that her dad worked in the library and that he was close by. She looked back at Slate's siblings and nodded, they did appear to be playing a game of football or something else. If it were Aurora Rosie would've probably been made to take part. "I do, her name is Aurora, she's in Gryffindor with me," Rosie said, "But I also have a brother in Ravenclaw, but you and your siblings, you're triplets right?" Since she knew that Slate and his siblings had to be the same age.

Slate excitedly nodded his head. "Even cooler. That makes you excited to go to the library just to see him right?", he asked. His parents were both in the muggle world working although there was no chance for his mum to work here since she was a muggle. "Lucky you to have your twin in the same house.", he said, a hint of sadness in his voice. He was quite surprised to hear she had a brother in Ravenclaw. "What year is he in?" Maybe he could meet him and make new friends. "Yeah, I'm the youngest. Soren is the oldest.", he replied, glancing at them one more time before looking at Rosie.

Rosie nodded, "It's always nice to have him close by," Rosie knew that she was was lucky to be able to have him close by and most wouldn't have a parent so close. She nodded excitedly. "It was quite surprising, neither me nor Aurora thought we'd be together but I'm glad we are," She got the impression he wanted to be with his, though it must be hard for two to be in the same house and for him to not be. "He's a fourth year. So a little older, but he's a good big brother. I'm the oldest between me and my sister, but the middle child out of all of my siblings," Rosie told him with a little smile.

[Apologies for the super delay.]

Slate hummed in agreement. Rosie was right, he could relate to that. "I just realized that Aunt Mallory Corrins is here.", he said sheepishly. Finally having something in common with Rosie, he felt more comfortable at school. "We're the oldest set in our family. Soren, then Sadie, and then me.", he shared. "That puts me as the youngest triplet but also the middle among the five." His face lit up. "Hey, we're both middles.", he chuckled.

Rosie gave a little smile, "She's the charms professor, right?" Rosie wasn't entirely sure but it was cool that he had his aunt around. She knew having her dad was reassuring and so she was sure others were probably like the too. She listened as Slate went over his family and then smiled brightly as it seemed they were both the middle child. "Go us!" she raised her hand as a high five, it was coold ro have something like that in common. "What it's like having four siblings?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back