Reading - A true Ravenclaw

Lauren seen Toni and smiled."Hi Toni."Moments later James came and she answered."Hey James, just a wander, what about you?"

Thomas was starting to become a bit overwhelmed with all of the new people, but he was glad of it, never having friends before. Smiling at Toni he said, "Like wise." Then turning to the new boy he said, "James, pleasure to meet you. My name is Thomas."

He listening to everyine talking about shopping and was quite glad that he had all of his done in a reletively short space of time. Then he heard Sam say his name, looking at him he smilied and said, "Oh no I don't mind. I think I read too much anyway." he said truthfully.

Sam laughed. This was probably what his family thought about how he played his bass the tips of his fingers were now quite tough. "Don't worry. We all have our interests. Which we can clearly see." Sam said pointing at Toni laughing he then pat the top of her head quickly.

Toni thought about she really didn't read that much. She was probably going to have to start more and more when school lessons actually started. After all anyone who saw all the books the first years needed to buy they would too expect a whole lot of reading.

Toni turned to Sam when he patted her head. "Oh very cute" She said smiling as she reached over and grabbed his hand.

"Yes, you are." he whispered and held her hand softly. He gave her an admiring smile and then turned to Thomas and asked, "So are we going to be learning anything interesting in our first year?" he added a smirk.

"Hmm...what you were just reading about" he said simply. He didn't get a chance to look at the book but even if he did he wouldn't be able to recongnise he never even glanced at his books which now lay under his bed.

Toni held back the urge to blush sucessfully as Sam said she was cute. He seemed to be one of the few that could ever get Toni's cheeks to go a shade of pink. Though she was grateful he hadn't managed to in front of all these people.

As the Thomas and Sam talked a bit about the book Thomas was reading Toni listened a bit though said nothing.

Taking a look at his book, "Mmm A standard book of spells so charms I guess." He said. "Well lets see." He said flicking though the pages. "The levitating charm, the summoning charm, the banishing charm and the marking charm, by the looks of it." She said taking a breath after reaming of a list of charms.

Toni listened as Thomas spoke up about the charms in the book. Toni actually listened more than she would have in any other subject for Charms was going to be her favorite subject. It was the one that interested her the most as of now. The charms that Thomas had listened were pressed into Toni's mind as she thought them over.

The levitating charm didn't seem to useful to her yet. Though the summoning and banishing charm seemed to be very useful. The marking Charm Toni wasn't quite sure what it did. "Can you do any charms yet?"Toni asked masking the curiousity and wonder in her voice trying to act as if she was only making conversation.

Putting his book away he looked at the girl called Toni. "Well only in theroy. Mum didn't really like me practicing magic around her, but I've read enough about them and seen her do them enough. Can you do any?" He asked curiously.

Toni smiled slightly. It wasn't the same in theory unless he could actually do a spell. When the boy asked Toni if she could do a spell Toni looked around slightly at the people around her before answering. "No actually not yet" Toni said wishing she had at least know one spell.

"Well without having any classes I suppose it's only natural that we don't know any spells yet. If that were the case there would be no point attending Hogwarts then." He said a matter-of-factly. "What subjects are you all looking forward too most?" He asked, keen to stay on the subject of school.

Toni held back the urge to laugh at the boy who seemed so much like a typical Ravenclaw that it wasn't funny. "I guess you are right" Toni said looking at Sam briefly as if that was going to help her not break out in laughter. Though she turned back to the boy named Thomas "Charms" Toni said. She was not too keen to continue on about school. There was so much more interesting things to talk about. There was well shopping of coarse. That was an interesting topic.

"And you?" Toni said though she couldn't help but have a bored tone. Though she flashed a smile hoping to cover up her bored Tone moments before.

Sam listened silently to Thomas and Toni. It looked like he was in a daze but he was taking in every word. When Toni looked at him he could see she was almost about to burst with the laughter, Sam smirked at her it had slightly amused him too. "My favourite subject would probably flying.." he laughed. "Either that or potions." He had an interest in that and hoped to suceed in that greatly. "Oh, how I am dreading Divination, what a load of rubbish.." He had a thing against divination.

Thomas thought about the question, "I'm not sure what my favorite subject would be. I'll just have to wait and see I suppose." Looking at Sam he said, "Oh flying I can't wait to do that. I haven't flown in so long." with a sad expression.

After hearing Sam mention 'Divination' Thomas remembered reading about it, "Well you won't have to worry about Divination Sam." He said, "According to 'Hogwarts: A History.' Divination is an optional subject which you may or may not take on in third tear. Along with a number of other subjects." He said.

"Oh I love quidditch. I plan on trying for the team." He said, he was surprised Thomas played quidditch. He imagined him the more sit and read type of person.He shrugged. "Well I'll definitely be dropping that one." he said instantly. "Oh I hope we can drop Astronomy aswell. But I suppose if I had it my way I'd just be taking flying." he laughed, "..and maybe potions." Sam added quickly.

"Oh yes, I think I would like to try out for the team as well. I would be fun." Thomas said, getting excited about the amount of extracurricular activities available for him at Hogwarts. "No you can't drop Astronomy and Potions, not until you've done you OWLs at least, as far as I am aware. But they are both rather fasinating subjecys in their own accord." he said.

Jake was glad to have got all books and things and decided he would go a wander. Jake seen Toni,Sam and Lauren and another boy, he walked over to them and asked."Can i join yous?"

Toni was a bit surprised that Thomas flew. She was about to make a comment about how she didn't know they made pocket protectors that would survive a game of quidditch. Though Toni decided against it. For some reason she was so much nicer around Sam. Maybe it was the need to impress him.

Soon Jake showed up to the group. "Hey Jake" Toni said flashing him a smile. "I haven't seen you in forever. Hiding much?" She asked.

"Oh cool. Well I'll probably see you on the pitch then." he said, he couldn't wait to play quidditch. In a proper pitch and everything
As Jake joined them Sam gave him a friendly "Hey Jake." then added "Long time no see, how're things?". He swung Toni's hand slightly waiting for response.

Henric strode across the street, a white piece of cloth tied across his head like a bandana. He raised his head, a bead of sweat dripped from his temple. His eyebrows covered, Henric looked like something of a Japanese warrior. Not only that, the solid oak pole across his shoulder with his hands hanging from them limply, added to that appearance. His usual cloak was gone, though he was still wearing his winter trek pants, but a plain-looking shirt in place of his jacket.

Blinking as he caught sight of the people in front of him, Henric halted abruptly, breathing out as he surveyed them. At first, he thought about simply sidling away, but then recognized the group gathered before him. Moving forward quietly, he waved one hand at them as he came near. "Hullo, I suppose everyone here has shopping done already, haven't they?", Henric kept his tone emotionless - something he often did. Still, his features were no longer those of wax, they looked more natural now - that wasn't comforting, he had eyes frozen in ice, and he only had a slight smile at the edge of his lips, which actually looked sincere.

"Oh, hi Henric." Sam said to him, his eyes staring out him, the bandana, the pole. He was going to ask but decided against it. "Well almost, Toni here helped me out. I'm pretty useless at it." he laughed. "Have you got yours all done?" he asked not really sure what to expect from his answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back