Reading - A true Ravenclaw

Tilting his head, Henric mentally noted people were in an unusually good mood today - usually people tended to start running or turn in the opposite direction, which was the point, but oh well. "Sort of." He replied shortly, "There's still the wand left, which is what everyone's going after, making it impossible to get one quickly..." Henric blinked for a moment, trying to remember what he was supposed to say. Then it hit him, with a swing of his hands, in a swift motion so quick, Henric switched the sturdy pole from his grip to point at Sam, almost threateningly.

His expression was icy for the most part - then it broke, like it was shattered on a rock, to reveal a slight smirk, then quickly changed to a little smile at Sam, which also quickly faded to be replaced by his emotionless features. Then, raising his arm, he tapped the pole on Sam's shoulder and replaced it around his neck. "Congratulations." He pointedly said, then, after a minute of silence, he added, "The job - At Quality Quidditch's - Congratulations, I checked the list to see who else got it."

When Henric moved in such fluid motion, Sam flinched a little. He then pointed the stick at him, What did I say? he thought. He stared at the stick and then Henrics icy gaze. Suddenly the stick was on his shoulder. Congratulations? For what? "Oh the job! Right thanks mate. You to. I look forward to working with you." he said a little to quickly, although he wanted to laugh at his own stupidity. "I didn't know you liked quidditch." he said to him.

Toni still couldn't imagine that this Thomas boy played Quidditch. It was a sight she would have to see. Though that didn't matter really for the conversation about that ended. She listened to Sam speak a bit more. He was such a people person. It was actually nice. That meant Toni didn't have to say too much which made being nice easier.

Though soon Henric showed up. Toni was yet to decide what she thought of this boy. She didn't dislike him but found him strange, down right odd actually. Though when he made that one motion Toni squeezed Sam's hand slightly tighter only to find that Henric was congradulating him on getting a job. With a slight release of pressure on Sam's hand Toni let out a smile.

"You didn't tell me you got a job" Toni said "Congrats" She added.

For a moment, Henric was cursing himself for showing even a little form of martial arts, but he managed to catch the words Sam said, and resisted smirking again. Slowly he turned, tapping his forehead and pointing to him. "I don't think anyone would look forward to looking forward to me." His eyes glazed for a moment, shadowed by his own words, before he continued, "I'm a little too ... harsh, still-", he spun out the sturdy oak pole and slammed it on the ground, dust spiraling out as he turned to Sam. "- Do I like Quidditch, then? Well, first tell me what you think this pole is for."

"Thanks Toni, yeah I just got it. In quality quidditch supplies." he grinned he still couldn't believe he had got it.
"Well, it'll be interesting alright." Sam said to him. He wasn't going to make enemies with this boy..just yet. "I don't find you harsh. You just keep to yourself." Sam said standing his ground, he also wasn't going to let him walk all over him either. "Well, I'm presuming its not for quidditch." he laughed. "I dunno, but it doesn't seem to have to do with the subject of quidditch. I don't perticualry know about a lot of other sports, especially muggle sports." he said slowly keeping Henrics gaze.

Hoshi's mind had wondered off a bit then Henric came on to the sene. For a moment she though Here come Mr. Stone face again. with a growl then she saw the pole and the way he was dressed. It reminded her a bit of Ronie Kenshin without the sword or the scar. She bit her lip but then flicked a bit of her green hair out of her face in am attempt to ingnore the feeling she had just gotten. "Beatea as well?" She asked looking at Henric. Her English broke a bit making Hoshi mentely kick herself.

Hoshi crossed her arms infront of herself and got a defient expression on her face. "I was just asking because Beaters are usually the ones that are harsh. I've broken a few bones playing that position." She said then smiled proudly. All the while the dislike for him was turing into strong curiosity. This boy reminded her a bit of a dragon. Fasenation but something you do not want to get to close to. The fact that he had just slamed the stick on the ground didn't seem to shake Hoshi one bit. Instead she shifted her feet as if ready for what else was to come.

Thomas was enjoying the company that he had recently come into contact with. Despite a few people who lived up to their Slytherin expectations, mainly Toni. He seemed to have wondered off for a bit and as soon as he came back he saw two new arrivals, who he had caught were Jake and Henric.

Not forgetting his manners he quickly said, "Hello there, my name is Thomas Smith." But it seemed to be drowned by the commotion that broke out. It had all happened so quickly that Thomas didn't fully see what happened. He stayed where he was at and kept quiet throughout it all.

Payton was wandering around when she seen a few people, she noticed Jake who she had met a few times but the others she didnt know." Heya, mind if i join you all?" She asked smiling.

Sam saw another girl that he hadn't met before join them. "Hey I'm Sam." he said to her, "Sure not at all." he said. He then went quiet for everyone else to introduce themselves.

Henric tilted his head slightly to acknowledge the newcomers, then shook his head at Hoshi's sudden question, he was under the impression he had 'frozen' her, an aspect that he completely made a person turn icy. Still, it looked like he was losing his tocuh. "No - I actually play Chaser - Though Seeker is my more prominent position." He glanced down at the pole in his grip, it had been less than two years he was forced to learn Quidditch in the Chinese Temple to make sure he fit into Hogwarts; however, he found, unlike his other classes, this one was reasonably free - freedom. His thoughts froze for a moment, then he turned to Sam, holding out the pole, unintentionally letting the scar-like tattoos and constellation signs all over his body come into view.

"It is for Quidditch actually, I was taking it back to the store and getting it polished, and then add it to the pile of ready-to-be-made broom poles." He inclined his head and tapped the wood, "Oak - Nice and firm."

Hoshi relaxed a little but was still keeping her eye on Henric. "Hoshi Koshiba. Yeah I got most of what I need today." She said holding out the shopping bag she was carrying to the new people. It was one of her skills that she could stuff a lot of something in a small amount of space. Hoshi listened to Henric thinking that he defently had the attitude nessery to be a Beater, a complet lack of mercy. Hoshi cought sight of the tattoos and her eyes went wide. Quicker than blinking she made to catch Henric's wrist. "That's so cool!" She said brightly. "I promised a friend from Japan my first tattoo so I can't get one until then but I sure that he will do a great job. He's already a awesome artist!' She said before she could stop herself. Hoshi had a tendency to say and do whatever popped into her head. She just hoped that it didn't get her in trouble this time.

"Right of coarse it is." Sam coughed. "I thought it was for some marshal arts thingy. You do look like you were about to do some.." he said indicticating the bandana. "May I have a closer look?" he asked him, dropping Toni's hand and he stepped closer to Henric. Sam glared at his tattoo but Hoshi seemed to be giving him enough attention about it.

When Hoshi touched him, at the contact, Henric more or less was ready to swipe his pole down at her. With massive killing intent, his eyes turned icy cold. Then, slowly realizing that this was not the Imperial Clanshold, he relinquished his suspicions, and allowed his expression to drop into a more cautious, smiling face, with features still etched with readiness. "I didn't do them willingly." He said quietly, letting his eyes pierce into hers; his completely dark eyes always gave people the feeling he was reading their minds, he contineud slowly, "They were etched onto me - when I was a child." He paused, then covered up the true facts with a series of lies. "It's a symbol of good health and everlasting life." He finished, albeit with a pained expression.

Hearing Sam's question, he tilted his head a little, he was an assistant at the same shop as him, why not? He held out the pole to Sam. "Here - It's used for alot of things, the Nimbus Series, Firebolt, Stars..."

"Sweet." he said, his eyes still staring into his, he took the pole and only then did there gaze brake. He felt the stick the top, bottom. It was smooth. "Weel, I still have a bit to learn about how these are made." he said slowly still examining the pole. "It is quite firm. It'll make a good broom I'm sure." he said handing the pole to Henric.

Henric nodded politely, "I checked it, it's firm, flexible enough in turns, lightweight, it should." He slid the pole behind his neck again, "Well as for martial arts, no, I don't know much about them." He blatantly lied with a smile etched on his face, "Well anyway, have you been reading lately? Learnt any one of the spells from the book?" He nodded towards Thomas, "That one looks like he's been reading." Henric's eyes traveled down to the book he was reading. Charms? Well, he supposed everyone did have their likes and dislikes.

Hoshi senced him tence up. It was good thing he with held himself because Hoshi would have gone right along with him. She was getting a bit better at conroling her tempr but still her eyes flickered an ember color. "Sorry to hear that." She said when she saw his pained expression but didn't sound like she was sorry at all. "I still think thier cool though." She added. Hoshi was always ready for action no matter what she looked like on the outside. When Henric said he didn't know much about martial arts Hoshi bit her lip to stop herself from laughing but couldn't help herself and it slowly built into a fit of laughter.

"I've been reading about Defence Against the Dark Arts, it-", Henric paused, then turned away from Sam instinctively at the sound of laughter, turning to glance at the source of laughter - which was currently Hoshi. "Is something wrong?" He asked kindly, his tone and every gesture suggesting he was sincere, when his waxlike appearance was blocking out his true feelings and actions. "Did I say something funny, or...?" He questioned with a perfectly toned voice that suggested he was genuinely uncertain.

Hoshi stoped. "Henric-kun if your going to lie, pick what your going to lie about. That stone face of your's doesn't come from no where it comes from years of martial arts training or a lack of a soul and I don't believe even you lack a little of a soul." She said a bit of a bite at the end. Hoshi ment it as a joke really but she knew a reguler joking manner would be waisted on someone as stoic as Henric. Hoshi took a deep breath and calmed down. "Sorry but that was really was a slip up by Henric-kun." She said looking up to show she could not help but laugh.

Henric paused for a moment, looking as if he would suddenly pull out a longsword and start attacking, but then he did the completely unexpected. He started laughing out loud, it was more of a chuckle, but it was genuine, nearly with tears running down his eyes, now using Japanese in slight forms to address her, he smiled slightly as he said, half-laughing, "Sa, You're quite amusing aren't you, Hoshi-san?",Turning away from Sam to her, letting his smile linger briefly, before he moved off. With a wave to the others as he begun walking away, pole hanging by one hand, he stooped down (Albeit to adjust to Hoshi's height) as he passed and whispered into her ear, "You really are the sharp one aren't you? I could come to like you." And walked past, not bothering to clarify what kind of 'like' it was and he disappeard into the crowd milling about Obsidian Harbour.

Hoshi was on alirt when Henric looked at her but then blinked when she started... Laughing? Hoshi held out her hands to Sam, Toni, Thomas and the others when he left. "Ok where my metle? I just made Henric Lee laugh I should be consitered a hero." She said putting her hands on her hips and looking up as if she where super girl. She was kidding of course. Under normal cercomstances she would have meeped or something over what Henric had said to her when he bent down to her 4"9' hight but this was Henric they where talking about, in her opinon he was not capable of like in the romantic sence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back