Homoromantic asexual
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
</COLOR></FONT>
T H E H O G W A R T S M O N T H L Y: Y E A R 2 6 I S S U E 2

raw
</FONT>
A W A T E R Y , G R A V E
On the 29th January 2042, Hogwarts New Zealand suffered a crushing blow in the form of the unfortunate death of Avery Mitchell. Avie, as he was known to his friends, accidently drowned to death in the school's lake whilst searching for rocks - a favoured pastime of the Slytherin. His death is just one of three that have occurred on the school grounds since the opening more than twenty years ago. Avie's death brings to light the dangers of a magical school and all that can go wrong when dealing with children, barely old enough to make decisions, being taught spells that can and will endanger their lives and the lives of others. It is indeed unfortunate that someone who joyed in bringing happiness to his friends and those close to him had to lose his life in such a tragic circumstance. The simple fact that this has occurred, unfortunately, or perhaps luckily, brings to light the fact that even magic is not infallible. There is never a completely fool proof option in anything we do, both as students and as fully fledged adults. The death of Avie Mitchell, whilst indeed upsetting, has shown the professors and those in charge, that simply teaching us magic is not going to prevent these sorts of accidents, we need to be taught how to ensure that the magic we are using is going to protect us in the appropriate way. Perhaps crash courses in the simplest spells, whilst easy, would enable those who are not so drawn to magic reintegrate themselves into a society of people who are aware of their own inadequacies. I think we all need to be aware that not everything we are taught is going to help us, we need to realise that continual practice of magic is the only thing that is going to help us get better. In my research of this issue and the ripple effect, it has had on people, I was able to talk to a couple of his friends, though many of them were still struggling with the loss, I was able to get them to say a few words in honour of his memory.

"Avie was my best and only friend at Hogwarts. We met in our first year after he tripped over my legs while he was drying himself off. The two of us became friends pretty quickly, he even invited me to go to him in the summer holidays which was awesome. We spent most of our time looking for the room of requirement and even though that was rather frustrating sometimes, Avie always knew what to say to motivate me again. He always knew what to say to make you feel better and I thank him for that because without him I would've stopped looking myself.

Truth be told I miss the f*ck out of him already we were supposed to do all sorts of fun stuff in the second semester and I was really looking forward to spent more time with Av especially since he was the only friend I had. I really hope his aunt and uncle and cousins are doing alright as this must be difficult for them too

Avie, I won't stop looking. I promise." ~ Marcel Haynes
"Avie was definitely one of a kind. To me, he was mostly like a role model more than anything. He made me believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to. Without fail, I can say that he had really boosted my self-esteem and has shaped the last couple of years of my life in many ways. He was a friend that would tell me all of his adventures and I would tell him mine, and when we met, he would brighten my day and make it 100 times better. The first time we met was in the art room where we came up with the idea to play a game of chases around the tables and chairs. He was quite a fast runner and I could barely keep up, but it was all really fun nonetheless. We also painted a picture using our hands. I was never really creative before I met him but his mind ran in so many different ways and it was hard for me to not want to be his friend. I haven’t known him for as long as many other people have but without Avie, I would not be who I am today and I do not regret any of the times we spent together and those fun memories we share. I hope he does not forget about me because I surely won’t forget about him." ~ Charlotte Owens
"Avie was the kind of person who did everything with one hundred and ten percent. He didn't know how to not be passionate. We all loved him and we're all gonna miss him. I'm so sorry Avie." ~ Emily Hayes-Magonus.</TD></TR>
Author: Ellington Hayes​
<i>
</i>

I N T E R V I E W W I T H T H E H E A D M I S T R E S S
katy-perry-childbirth-song.gif
</SIZE></SIZE></SIZE>
<SIZE size="150">E​
: Professor, we’ve all heard the news about Avie Mitchell, what are your thoughts about the situation?
K: Everyone is obviously very upset about what has happened. It's not an easy thing to have to deal with for anyone.
E: I’ve asked around and he seemed to be well liked by a lot of people. Do you think this situation could’ve been avoided?
K: Things will be looked at and reviewed, definitely but in situations like this, there are always 'what if' questions, which aren't entirely healthy.
E: It’s unfortunate that something always has to happen before holes are revealed in these sorts of things. Safety nets are always a big issue. Do you think it would be beneficial to teach the students about personal safety in light of what has happened?
K: Of course. Students should also talk to their friends, parents, guardians or Professors if they need any guidance.
E: One last thing professor, I’ve heard that there will be a memorial of sorts for him, is the school doing something to honour his memory?
K: Yes, we are, by the lakeside, for students present and future to honour and remember such a wonderful boy.
E: Thanks Professor, I’m sure those closest to him will be happy that they have something for his memory.
K: And remember, nobody is alone in what they're feeling. But if anyone needs help, don't hesitate in asking for it.​
Author: Ellington Hayes​
T H O U G H T S F R O M O U R H E A D B O Y

tumblr_nxdx24gjJB1rm8sy6o1_500.gif
E: Hi Jean, the Hogwarts Monthly is doing a feature in memory of Avie, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
J: [sighs] Yes, I mind but you'll probably ask them anyway so just get on with it.
E: I know this is hard, so I’m going to try and make this is easy and as quick as possible. How did you find out about what happened?
J: The Head Girl told me. [pause] And then the nurses told me more.
E: I heard that your brother was with him, is he okay?
J: Have you spoken to him? [narrows eyes]
E: I wanted to, but I couldn’t find him.
J: Yea, well...how do you think he is? Would you be ok if your best friend died? [rolls eyes]
E: There are worse things, but I was only asking. Were you also close with Avie?
J: Sort of. Nothing close to what he had with Esme and Luc.
E: Of course. How would you describe Avie, if you had to do so in one word?
J: Innocent
E: Just one more thing before you go, Jean, how do you think Avie would feel about all of this if he was alive?
J: Oh, I dunno Ellie. All of this wouldn't be happening if he was still alive.
E: Thanks, Jean, and once again, I’m really sorry.
<SIZE size="50">Author: Ellington Hayes​
<i>
</i>
T O P T E N B E S T L O O K I N G Y U L E B A L L C O U P L E S

oI6UsQB.gif
<FONT font="Verdana">
<SIZE size="50">#1 Victoire Fontaine and Jean Snow

It’s nice to see the Head boy and Head girl attending the ball together. It also helps that they are both stunning human beings. These two are easily my number one best looking couple. Just look at them.

#2 James Cade and Madeline Walden

Strictly speaking, he wasn’t her date but I don’t care. From what I saw James swooped in and stole her for a dance and things looked emotional between them. Frankly, Madeline looked stunning and she looks much better with James than her actual date.

#3 Pia Morales and Kylie Ortiz

I don’t know what the deal is with these two and frankly I don’t care. To look at they are a stunning pair of girls and a very sweet pair.

#4 Alana Finch and Asa Romanes

This girl seems to have a different date to the ball every year, but who am I to judge. Her latest date I would say if the best of the bunch so far, to look at anyway. Her dress was stunning and watching them dance together was mesmerising.

#5 Desislav Zhefarovich and Kayleigh Hunter

I don’t know if these two are a couple but there were some kind of sparks flying between them. Though the kiss they shared didn’t seem to go down well with him or another boy, I’m gonna hazard a guess might be her boyfriend. Couple drama aside, they make a very good looking couple.

#6 Madeline Walden and Felix Urie

Yes. She makes the list twice, this time with her actual boyfriend. Though I prefer her with the Gryffindor, her Hufflepuff partner is no slouch and their slow dance towards the end of the night was very sweet, and it was quite some kiss they shared.

#7 Professor Monty Pendleton and Professor Ava King

I admit I have a little soft spot for the Potions professor. Professor King may be newly with child and I assume with someone, what does that matter. The two look good together. This list isn’t all about couples after all.

#8 Felix Warrick and Saveli Matveev

Some of the older couples at the ball were simply wow and these two certainly qualify. No doubt my favourite Potions professor would have had a close eye on these two. The Ravenclaw’s reaction when he met his date said it all for me, I suspect he’s still trying to pick his jaw up from the floor.

#9 Evelyn Manning and Lucas Woodlock

It does seem strange to put first years on such a list but I love seeing them going to the ball in pairs its adorable. Perhaps the pick of the bunch was these two, Evelyn is adorable and she’ll be one to watch. Her partner appears to be quite the little charmer himself so ladies such watch out for this one as he grows up.

#10 Zara Cohen-Knight and Xavier Jefferys

I didn’t get these two, they were defiantly the surprise couple of the ball. I happen to know Zara turned someone down to attend the ball with the young Hufflepuff. So called ‘bug boy’ certainly cleaned up well and the young couple were adorable.

Honorable singletons: Myself of course, Noemie Vanity, Lyra Potter, Charlotte Owens, Runa Alridge.​
Author: Diane Winters​
<TR> <TD> [td]

</B>
A U N T M E G​
<i>
</i>
cd6BEFD.gif
<B>Dear Aunt Meg,

I have been having a few troubles lately with my study pattern. Recently I have not been getting the grades I want to and I am desperate to fix that. I have tried many ways to isolate myself from people so I can get some peace and quiet when I study but that never seems to work. People are always coming up to me when I am studying but I don't like talking to others which can be really annoying. What is the best way to get rid of these people and banish them from the universe?

-Study Bug
~​

Dear Study Bug,

Wear nose plugs and release a stink bomb near where you’re studying. Only the most brave and dedicated will bother you, and they’re the best kinds to befriend.

-Aunt Meg

Dear Aunt Meg

I can tell my girlfriend is keeping secrets from me. How can I find out what they are without spooking her?

-Last to know
~​

Dear Last to Know,

If you think your girlfriend is hiding something, you have two choices – follow her in secret, and gather intel, or get someone else to do it. The only thing that would spook her is if you were caught – so don’t be.

-Aunt Meg

Dear Aunt Meg

I did something terrible and now my best friend isn't talking to me. I've said sorry so many times, but they just aren't interested. Any advice?

-Lonely
~​

Dear Lonely,

Perhaps take this as a learning curve, when you hurt people they don’t want to be around you. Your friend doesn’t want a bar of you, and it’s best to respect that, otherwise you’re just going to make them more agitated. Wait for them, or invest in making a new friend and not hurting them the same way you hurt this one.

-Aunt Meg

Dear Aunt Meg

I have to share a dorm with the most selfish person in the world. How am I going to last the next seven years without hitting them?!

-Angry
~​

Dear Angry,

I’m sorry you’re in that situation. As far as I can see, your only option is to hit them, well. After asserting your dominance, they’ll fall right into line.

-Aunt Meg

[/td]

<FONT font="Verdana">
Editor's note: This is normally the part where I thank my writers and my photographers and talk about the next issue. Today, however, as I am writing this we have a funeral for a beloved student. Avie was much loved and I know from speaking to others that he was a joyous person. This is my last issue of my school life and I have enjoyed every moment of it. I look forward to hearing how well Carlotta Raven will do in my position in the next year. Thanks everyone for continuing to read our magazine. Have a great life. #EllieOut

<COLOR color="#000">

Users who are viewing this thread

Back